Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

1983 Targa Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 Targa Trans Am

I don't want to let it go, but it I have too many cars and not enough time / money / room to do what I want to them all. so this and some others are up for sale.

How you see it is how i got it. i really have not done anything to it as I parked it not long after I got my hands on it. Nice little TA with a lot of potential.

please submit any questions you have through ebay. I dont get on here very often.

EDIT: adding pics and info since i just saw ebay links are not allowed. wow, item number was removed as well....just do an ebay search for targa trans am and you'll find it, it is the only one on.

I have a very rare 1983 Targa Trans am, this was a dealer option that was not around for long. I have been told only a little more than 1,000 of these were ever made, and I doubt that many are left out there. I haven't seen another one in a long long time. It is a lot of fun to drive with the top off. and is a pleasure to drive. with the WS6 Performance package it handles really well.

This one is a 305 automatic that just hit 100K miles. Power windows, power locks, power steering, A/C (needs a recharge), rear defog, power trunk hatch release, cruise control (doesn't work).

Recently added were near mint Black cloth power lumbar seats from a later model Trans Am (not plugged in yet tho), and matching black cloth rear dual fold down rear seats (also have the matching single rear fold down seat if you want it). headlight motors both work. It has never been in any accidents and still has the original white paint, which has a few chips and scrapes here and there like any 24 year old car that has been driven could expect to have. The hoop piece on top of the hood has pealing paint, but this is a bolt on item that can be found in white and easilly replaced. the paint of the front and rear bumpers is fading a bit (the only non metal body parts on the car). It had a custom stereo in it, but when the previous owner sold it he kept the unit and put the stock one back in, which isnt hooked up. This is a no rust car as far as i can tell.

A lot of rare or hard to find items have been replaced and or added to this car.
*Dash board,
*Outside window dew wipes on the doors,
*Front air dam,
*Front bumper grills

*GTA 16" rare gun metal grey rims with black WS6 caps,

other things include new front shocks, brake job, rotors, wheel bearings. Needs the heater core replaced which is currently not hooked up, i have a replacement, just haven't put it on. recent oil change

Now, it does have some issues. it is currently registered and up to date on fees, however the DMV has not given me the new tags because I have not taken it to be smogged. reason? it passed smog when it I got it from the previous owner, but a month before renewal the smog pump seized and I never replaced it (about a $35.00 part) with the smog pump not working it still drives just fine, but the choke light comes on as a result and will not pass smog inspection until replaced. Also there is a power steering hose that has a leak, not a gusher, but it will leave spots in your driveway. The rear diff cover will need to be resealed (which is easy to do, just need a wrench and a tube of silicone) as it has a drip leak as well. Also the previous owner advanced the timing for more power which i planned on resetting and have not gotten too. Headliner will also need to be redone as it is hanging in places. , I also have a replacement decal for the bottum stripes, but do not have a replacement bird decal for the hood.

Because this car does not currently pass smog due to the smog pump I am selling it as a parts car only. I do have the title and it currently runs and drives well, with a clean history of no accidents.
I honestly never got to know this car well. I only have put about 800 miles on it since I got it because when the smog pump failed I parked it. I really did enjoy driving it as it handles as well as my 1997 WS6 TA and has a nice look and sound to it, rare black interier. Plus the targa top is really neat!

This really is a nice, sharp, solid car, paint still shines and is easy to drive. Doors close lined up. this car has a lot going for it.

I really wish I could keep this car, but as you can see in the pics below i have too many cars. I know now that i will never have the time money or room to do what i wanted to do with this car, so it has to go. I really hope it gets an appreciative home.

Rare Gun Metal GTA Wheels, The wheels alone on this car are worth $400-$500 Rear Tires have a lot of tread left. Front tires are going to need to be replaced soon.

Last edited by Damien-WS6; 03-22-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: no ebay adds!!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Car: 1986 Z-28
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
Re: 1983 Targa Trans Am

Located in California for any one's interest. Bump for a nice car though.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Car: 1979ta, 1981 formula
Engine: 400 sbc 403 olds
Transmission: th350 th400
Axle/Gears: 308 373

pic to psychwardsnake70@yahoo.com please
Old 03-21-2007, 11:59 PM

interier is actually black, camera keeps washing out when i try to get a good shot of it.

this door panel pic is more accurate to the true interiers color.

NOS outter dew wipes installed on both doors!!!

I almost forgot, the tachometer is off, the volt gauge isnt working right, i have a replacement cluster in the trunk which is included. some of these pictures are bright for some reason, like the interier pics, cant figure out why. the interier really is dark black

and with the top off. it fits in back of the rear seats when removed.
----------

Last edited by Damien-WS6; 03-22-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Car: 1988 irocz camaro
Engine: 305tpi
Transmission: 700r4

how much
----------
???

Last edited by smallblockchevy; 08-13-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost