Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

[MO] {FS} 1989 TTA #5 Festival Car Cloth Seats Project ---

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
{FS} 1989 TTA #5 Festival Car Cloth Seats Project ---

Bigger pics (same as above) here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/331265...am#33126520003

This is a 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am TTA Pace Car Special Edition ws6.

*** THIS CAR IS CURRENTLY A PROJECT CAR ... MEANING IT NEEDS WORK, AND CANNOT BE DRIVEN HOME ***

They only made 1555 of these cars, and only for one year. (5 ACTUAL Pacecars, 1550 to the public)

It is the 20th anniversary Special Edition.

These cars are FAST stock. Specs are top speed of 170, 0-60 in 4.8, and the 1/4 mile in 13.4!!! Fastest Production Trans Am STILL TO DATE!!!

These cars came from the factory with the Turbo Buick 3.8 v6 and an a/a intercooler. The same setup as the Buick Grand National but with a cross drilled crank, better heads, stock headers, and the GNX style intercooler (more fins per square inch).

I ran across this car locally and jumped on it because of its history. Its car #5 of the 1550 produced, its a documented festival car (it was at the Indy 500 ... only 150 cars were there), and it has FACTORY cloth seats (1 of 187 built like that).

It has 151,XXX miles. At one point it was obviously a great running car.

I have only put 90 miles on it in the last 3 years, other than that it has sat in storage under a car cover waiting for a bunch of mods.

I had "big plans" for it (heads, cam, turbo, ect) and was going to molest it all to hell ... and decided that I probably should sell it off to a collector or someone that wants to mainly restore it.

Interior is fully stock including the radio and steering wheel. NO tears or RIPS in the interior anywhere but a 3" tear in the headliner in the center near the back, and a few scratches in the fabric behind the driver on the left side. You can get replacement GTA stuff for cheap. VERY MINOR wear in the seats and carpet with no major stains. Steering wheel is pretty worn, and the ship **** is splitting at the leather seam.

T-Tops do NOT leak, but the black bars are starting to rust around the hatch.

The paint is in good shape, BESIDES the clear coat is starting to peel off down the side of the rear passenger side pillar pretty good and in other places randomly. Will need a repaint in the area to fix that... not many chips in the nose. The paint in the 80's and 90's was very thin, and has worn down to the primer on two places on the TOP of the hatch, and on the top front (between t-tops and windshield).

No major dents, or dings.

Headlights, power antennae, and power windows work great.

A/C Blows , but I havent seen if it blows cool or not ... probably will need a recharge.

Car has ALL badges. Original Pace Car logo still on the sides. Has original t-top bag in the back hatch with the TTA logo.

Needs the hatch motor replaced, but will include a new one. The rear of the inner hatch has been taken apart , and is ready for the new motor to be installed.

The rear spoiler is splitting pretty good at the seams (very common with these fiberglass peices) but is complete.

Needs a catalytic converter if its to be inspected in the city. You can buy a new Magnaflow universal 3"in/out one for $60 on ebay.

The car runs GREAT when it runs. Heres the catch , it wont start all the time. It either needs a new starter, something in the column ignition, or the VATS disabled. All are cheap, easy fixes whether you do it yourself or take it to a shop.

MODS:
*Razor Meth Kit (always shows its LOW , will need a new sensor)
*KN Cone Filter
*Nitto Drag Radials in the rear ... good Kumho Ecsta front tires.
*Dyno tune,
*Flowmaster 3" Exhaust with cat delete from DP back (STILL HAS RARE COLLECTABLE STOCK STAINLESS TIPS)
*Edelbrock Performer RPM cam (204/214 duration-0.448/0.472 lift)/lifter/springs/timing chain set (20k miles on it),
*MSD 50 lb injectors (20k miles)
*Scan master Gauge,
*Autometer PHANTOM Boost and Pyrometer guages on the a-pillar in a triple pod with a WIDEBAND gauge.
*Fuel Pressure Permanent Gauge on the Fuel Rail under the hood.
*Manual fan switch override,
*Fuel pressure regulator (adjustable)
*msd Coil Pack and ignition module
*MAF translator with LT1 maf
*adjustable wastegate actuator
*rebuilt stock turbo (20k miles)
*Custom Mease Aluminum intercooler shroud
*high torque starter (20k miles, car eats up starters from the heat of the turbo downpipe, this is common)
*good condition rotors and brake pads

Maintenance Parts replaced with less than 500 miles on them:
*Crank Sensor
*MSD plug wires
*AC Delco Plugs
*Misc Vaccum lines, fittings, and breathers
*Valve cover gaskets
*TPS sensor
*both front end tie rods (less than 50 miles on them)

It honestly should be an easy project for someone who just wants a cruiser or something to take to the car shows.

I let it sit because I had "big plans" for it (heads/cam/turbo, ect) and no longer have the time or money to complete the project.

I am sick of watching it age and never finding the time to put into it.

I'm not trying to make any money on this, just trying to recoop most of the money I have into it.

I HAVE A VIDEO OF IT RUNNING , JUST EMAIL ME AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. CAR HAS A NICE LOPEY SOUND!!!

NADA is valuing these cars at $13,000 - $22,000. Not sure if this cars history will outweigh the high miles or not.

This car is appreciating in value everyday ... and is SURE to be a collectable. It is one of a kind and cannot be duplicated or replaced!!!

It is the LOWEST number car in the Turbo Trans Am registry owned by private owner that is not an ACTUAL pacecar!!!

This will probably be your ONLY chance to score one of these cars locally ... without the hassle of buying a sight unseen car off the internet and dealing with shipping!!!

YOU WILL NEED TO SET UP YOUR OWN TOW TRUCK ... and I can bring a battery if you want to check the electronics, but the car will NOT come with a battery.

***AS IS I want $8500 OBO

You are welcome to come look at it if truely interested and try to get it running or do whatever tests on it and check it out. No tire kickers please ... i'm a busy person with limited spare time.

Here is a video of it idling before I parked it up until this point:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/TTA-...Vid_680517.htm

Here are walkaround vids taken on July 16th 2012:

Outside:

Inside:

Engine:

THANKS for your time !!! ---

Last edited by alwayscode390; 12-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: {FS} 1989 TTA #5 Festival Car Cloth Seats Project ---

Price Lowered ---
Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Firebird (89 Formula Clone)
Engine: 357
Transmission: m29 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt Borg Warner.

I want this car so bad lol.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM

I honestly dont want to get rid of it , and I fight with myself every day if I should keep it or not HAHAH.

The fact that its irreplaceable kills me ... but I need to make some space around here. I currently have 5 cars, and I am selling this ... and a 1967 RS Camaro Project.

Thanks ---
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Firebird (89 Formula Clone)
Engine: 357
Transmission: m29 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt Borg Warner.

Lol I'd trade you but id be afraid to ever let a TTA leave the garage! haha
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 AM