History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

What do you guys think of this ? *Car is mine now *

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Yellow Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: BW 9 bolt
What do you guys think of this ? *Car is mine now *

Before you guys flame me , I am not asking how much it is worth or if it is rare . I already know that there was not to many of this color package made but its not rare . And I have a ballpark idea of what it is worth .

So its a 87 Iroc with the TPI 5.7 L98 . BW rear end, 700r4 , around 90,000 miles, all original. Not sure if its 4w disk brakes (I am hoping). Its T-topped with a black interior. The older gentleman selling it aquired it from his sister (who bought it new) in 1999. Since then he has put 3500 miles on it since 99.

I dont know much about it yet. Its 3 hours west of me and I will be looking at it soon but all I know so far is the seats are not ripped at all. The driver seat has 2 cig burns in it . The area where the spare tire goes has a small rust hole from sitting water that came in from a not completly shut hatch while sitting. It runs and drives great (so he says) and does not smell like it was in a lake. There is a quarter sized surface rust spot on the drivers front fender. Other then that he says the floors are in great shape and there is no other damage to the car. Its not beat on . The lady that put all the miles on it was 35 when she got it and was going to get a V6 car but thought the yellow one looked pretty so she got this.

So basically the man is in his late 50's. Does not want the car anymore . To low and a pain to work on he says. Told me that for $4000 I can have it but he wants it gone so we could work out a deal. Do you guys think this is worth restoring ? Its still lower miles but is it worth it ? I would love a stock restored Iroc but I would feal bad even putting an exhaust on this car basically because its untouched. What do you guys think ? Restore to show room or resto-mod ?
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of this ? *Car is mine now *-4309892986_2a806d4e1d_o.jpg  

Last edited by Roc THIS; 03-05-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of this ?

It looks pretty decent. I'd leave it cosmetically stock, but all kinds of bolt ons would be acceptable.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

Originally Posted by Roc THIS
What do you guys think ? Restore to show room or resto-mod ?
Your car. Do what makes you happy--I say that because asking for opinions will result in a ton of pros and cons but won't resolve the issue.

JamesC
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Yor

Car: 1984 15th Ann. T/A
Engine: 350 Goodwrench
Transmission: T5 (Not factory, possibly rebuilt)
Axle/Gears: 3.73

If it's an 87 with a L89, it will have rear disc brakes.
Though it wasn't included on the RPO codes as the G92 option, 350 IROC-Z option'd camaros got all the features from G92/required by G92.

So all 87 350 TPI cars came with the engine oil cooler, rear discs, limited slip rear end (Or should have least, since it was needed to have the G92 options).

But yeah, I've seen about 3 IROCs that color, it's REALLY nice if you see one with a fresh paintjob of that color.

The one really big thing you'll want to look into is, if it has rust buildup in the right rear spare tire area, you'll wanna try to see how far it's reaching. My 91 RS (I would've regretted buying it, but it helped me learn a lot about the rust issue these cars will face if left out) had some pretty serious rust, it was gone. My RS had rust so bad in the spare tire hub, before I sold it for parts, I cut out half a square foot of that area, just to see how bad it was. Pretty bad. lol. Rockers were pretty good though! Floors, not so good..

from the exterior, all I could see was a couple rust spots on the fenders, that was really it. Since he's an older guy, you might wanna DOUBLE CHECK WHAT HE SAYS IS "SOLID". Cannot stress that enough, especially if it's too low to the ground for him to work on well, that to me would mean I would triple check the undercarriage, since he may not have looked under it in months/years, and a lot can change in that time. You can never be too careful about rust, it's basically the most expensive/time consuming work you can do on a car.

It looks pretty solid from that picture, so good luck to you man!

Last edited by Yor; 02-12-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Be cautious if this is an Illinois car. They seem to have a lot of rust issues from that area. Check and double check the car and undercarriage. One thing you need to consider is the cost to repair the existing rust and then a repaint of the car. Add that to the cost of the car and you can be in for a big $$ downfall, especially if the floorpans and the inner quarters are shot.

1987 was the only year you could get a 350 with the yellow. As was mentioned, you should have all the performance upgrades in an 87 350. If the car was mine, I would restore it to stock as much as possible, but with simple mods like rims and such. It might become your car, so we can't really tell you what to do to it.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 88 IROC T-Top
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Desireable color & engine combination. Hope she checks out sound for you. If you do purchase her my preference would be to bring her as close to stock as possible but it would be your car so do what makes you happy. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IrocZ Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5 - 5 Speed Standard
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Originally Posted by Yor
If it's an 87 with a L89, it will have rear disc brakes.
I think you mean L98. The L89 was a 1st gen Camaro 375HP 396 big block with aluminum heads!!!
Would sure have been nice though!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM

I have had 3 third gen camaros and know these things like the back of my hand . So I will look this thing in and out for rust , frame damage , all that fun BS. I just was not sure if I should "sink my teeth into it". I would keep it looking stock but I am just not sure if I want to mess with it is all. These cars are getting harder to come by in even decent condition these days and I know I have found a survivor (well kinda) so I figured I would ask my third gen brothers
Old 02-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27
Received 163 Likes on 118 Posts
Car: 87 Formula T-Top, 87 Formula HT
Engine: 5.1L TPI, 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 700R4, M5
Axle/Gears: Sag 3.73, B&W 3.45

Personally I love yellow 3rd gens... Here are a few things...
1) 90K is not low miles... If you consider that he said that he bought it around 99 or 2000, and when you divide 12 into 90K, you end up with about 7K miles a year... That is a lot of summer driving in IL, so it was probably not kept out of the elements all of its life...

2) The car looks pretty good... one thing I find about Yellow is the cars tend to have less damage from accidents than cars of other colors... AT least the ones I have looked at... I think it has to do with the high visibility of Yellow... Like School busses and some Fire engines...

3) The original paint looks like crap on many 3rd gens, The original color yellow is really strikingly awesome however after a repaint... I suspect that when GM painted the clearcoat (starting in 85 or 86) the Clearcoat did not have much if any UV inhibitors that ultimately caused it to fade badly... I know when I started removing parts from my Formula I could see that the color was much nicer than the faded yellow that the car appeared to be...

I would do it JUST because its yellow... of course I am a sucker for Yellow 3rd Gens.

John
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by okfoz
Personally I love yellow 3rd gens... Here are a few things...
1) 90K is not low miles... If you consider that he said that he bought it around 99 or 2000, and when you divide 12 into 90K, you end up with about 7K miles a year... That is a lot of summer driving in IL, so it was probably not kept out of the elements all of its life...

2) The car looks pretty good... one thing I find about Yellow is the cars tend to have less damage from accidents than cars of other colors... AT least the ones I have looked at... I think it has to do with the high visibility of Yellow... Like School busses and some Fire engines...

3) The original paint looks like crap on many 3rd gens, The original color yellow is really strikingly awesome however after a repaint... I suspect that when GM painted the clearcoat (starting in 85 or 86) the Clearcoat did not have much if any UV inhibitors that ultimately caused it to fade badly... I know when I started removing parts from my Formula I could see that the color was much nicer than the faded yellow that the car appeared to be...

I would do it JUST because its yellow... of course I am a sucker for Yellow 3rd Gens.

John
Ya I know its not low but its lowER . I also was told by someone on here that under 100k is low miles for these cars ( I really dont know where they got that from either) and it was a daily driver for several years . Then he said for about the past 16 years it sat so I am expecting problems . He always started and ran it every once in a while and I seen a vid, it seems to run great. I will see. I Do plan on repainting it the stock color depending on how bad its faded.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Yor

Car: 1984 15th Ann. T/A
Engine: 350 Goodwrench
Transmission: T5 (Not factory, possibly rebuilt)
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by Iroctopless
I think you mean L98. The L89 was a 1st gen Camaro 375HP 396 big block with aluminum heads!!!
Would sure have been nice though!
xD Yeah, my bad, was typing too fast and got my numbers mixed up.

A 396 would be so nasty to see in a 3rd gen, especially with all the fancy 396 logos they came with on the Chevelles. This guy came into my work with a 70 chevelle I believe (Don't quote me on year, I forget), cherry red with black leather interior, practically mint.

ANYWAYS! Yes, if you know these cars well, just look it over very well, old people usually don't know what they're talking about. Lol jk
Expect to do a basic tuneup if it's been sitting, and you'll most likely have to siphon out any bad gas that may be in there. WATCH OUT if he left a lot in the tank without any additives or anything meant to keep it from going bad.
sparkplugs,wires, cap/rotor maybe, brakes may need to be bleed a little due to sitting, check tires for dryrot, you know the drill.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

Originally Posted by Yor
..just look it over very well, old people usually don't know what they're talking about. Lol jk
Hey, be kind of your elders !

JamesC
Old 02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IrocZ Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5 - 5 Speed Standard
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Originally Posted by Yor
xD Yeah, my bad, was typing too fast and got my numbers mixed up.
Yeah, I was just being a little bit of a smart a$$. I knew what you meant, but some of the young raw rookies might not know the difference.
But then again, I'm a bit of an oldie myself and often don't know what I'm talking about either.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Looks like you found one worth fixing. A t-top 5.7 and yellow to boot. Not the easiest combo to find. If the car was meticulously maintained if might be worth close to what he is asking. Looks like the paint is dead though so I would beat him down some on his price for that reason. Still a nice find though. Good Luck.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by YellowIrocFan
Looks like you found one worth fixing. A t-top 5.7 and yellow to boot. Not the easiest combo to find. If the car was meticulously maintained if might be worth close to what he is asking. Looks like the paint is dead though so I would beat him down some on his price for that reason. Still a nice find though. Good Luck.
He said he paint is better in person . It is faded but not as bad as the pic makes it out to be .
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Looks like a nice car...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Trans Am 'vert
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt

Looks like a nice car but if there's rust on the fenders that almost certainly means there is rust elsewhere. I bought my 91 Trans Am convertible back in August thinking that the doors only had a few blisters on them, but upon closer inspection, I'll have to cut out and replace the floor underneath the driver's feet, along with both front fenders (rotted where they hide under the gfx) plus a few other random spots. Not tragic, but see if you can jack that IROC up and have a GOOD look underneath. But I do like it, a yellow 350 IROC is hard to come by and I think they look terrific. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 AM

Re: What do you guys think of this ? *Update , lots more pics*

Well guys drove 2 1/2 hours today to look at the car and I was VERY impressed. The cars interior was amazing . Not one rip or burn on the seats . Headliner was perfect along with the carpet (besides needing a cleaning) It has power everything . Seats, windows , mirrors, rear hatch , and it all works . Even has the overhead thing with all the lights and gizmos. This car is completly untouched . BUT , the bad . The sun has beaten this car to death. Some parts of the car look white instaid of yellow and the top of the back seat is white instaid of black. And it needs a brake fluid flush and a few other small things. Now the rust (surprisingly) is not there . The whole bottom of the car has the stock black under coating . Some places the coating has peeled away to reveal yellow paint with no signs of rust anywhere but the fender and 2 other small spots on the driver side . I searched a good 20 minutes all over , under , inside and around this car and it is solid as a rock. I even took the ground effect off the driver side , with the help of the owner, to find nothing but some cool unfaded yellow paint. Test drove it and it seems strong too. Posi works nicely aswell

Old 02-21-2010, 01:28 AM

Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 AM

Car: 87 IROC-Z
Axle/Gears: Not sure, gotta look it up

Looks to be in better shape than mine was. Mine had higher mileage and underside issues. Taking into account the exchange rate I paid about $3400 for it. This one looks like it could be a good buy.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

My opinion is mixed. On one hand, the factory yellow cars really take the heat from the sun. I've yet to see one that wasn't faded to white in spots. The over all condition of that car doesn't look that great, but being almost 25 years old it doesn't look bad. Body and paint is expensive. The most expensive part of the interior (and most difficult part to replace) is going to be the black seat belts. If they're faded there isn't really a fix. The price might be a little high, but it's hard to judge from pictures.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Still like it.

I'd snap that up.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 AM

I might be picking it up for $2500. Everything in the interior is there . Nothing from the car is missing (even the center caps, they were in the car) I have had an interior shop dye seats for me before. It came out great and never resulted in black clothing when I got out of the car on a hot humid summer day. So that is an option. The car is very dusty / dirty from sitting so long and the pics make it way worse then it is . Paint is the only thing I am not liking. But its not hard to fix concidering I have 2 surface rust spots to sand down and treat before I can get some color on it.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Trans Am 'vert
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt

I'd buy it.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Supreme Member

I might be picking it up for $2500. Everything in the interior is there . Nothing from the car is missing (even the center caps, they were in the car) I have had an interior shop dye seats for me before. It came out great and never resulted in black clothing when I got out of the car on a hot humid summer day. So that is an option. The car is very dusty / dirty from sitting so long and the pics make it way worse then it is . Paint is the only thing I am not liking. But its not hard to fix concidering I have 2 surface rust spots to sand down and treat before I can get some color on it.
$2500 would be a bargain!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Car: '92 Z28 Convertible
Engine: 305ci TPI
Transmission: 700R4 shifted
Axle/Gears: 2.73 (for now)

$2500 - sounds like a great deal! GO for it!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 AM

I am working on getting the $$$ right now . Do you guys think its worth restoring? I know its my car and its up to me , do what ever makes me happy but I would like to hear what you guys think.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 AM

I am working on getting the $$$ right now . Do you guys think its worth restoring? I know its my car and its up to me , do what ever makes me happy but I would like to hear what you guys think.
You've really answered it already - you obviously like the car and can see yourself driving it. It doesn't need a ton of work, just a little TLC and fresh paint... If you have the money and time there is no reason not to!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Stock

NOW NOW NOW NOW!!! so help me god mark, if you dont buy this car i am going to beat you silly. and yes. restore it, its worth it. you have your freakin S-10s to screw around with and molest. just buy the damn car.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Supreme Member

Come on bro, you are killing me. Yes it's worth the money. Yes it's worth restoring.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by sakattack28
NOW NOW NOW NOW!!! so help me god mark, if you dont buy this car i am going to beat you silly. and yes. restore it, its worth it. you have your freakin S-10s to screw around with and molest. just buy the damn car.
Yes Dan I am getting the car . One way or another . I just wanted to know what everyone thought about it. Because when I mean I am restoring it , all will be stock. Radio , exhaust , everything. No aftermarket nothing.

BUT there is a part of me that wants to put a nice exhaust , aftermarket sounds, change the color and I really was undecided on that . This was just my way to get a little "peer pressure" to get a little control over my thoughts . Thanks for all the input guys . It really has helped . Especially you chazman
Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM

mark your mom is going to yell at you no matter what about getting another car. restore this one, get a junker and do all your after market performance to that one. or just help me with mine. i dont mind donations.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 PM

mark your mom is going to yell at you no matter what about getting another car. restore this one, get a junker and do all your after market performance to that one. or just help me with mine. i dont mind donations.
I bet you do love donations. I guess I will mess your car up if you want me to. And the hell with her she can cry about her garage all she wants . Its mine now

Oh and I love your quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: White 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 TPI LB9, 215 HP
Transmission: Borg-Warner T5 NWC
Axle/Gears: Borg-Warner 7.75 with 3.27 ratio

Hello Roc THIS!!

You said everything in the interior is there, it looks to me that your missing the swiveling map light out of the roof console!!

There is also a flashlight that goes into the roof console, in a slot in the front of the dome light, can't really make it out in the picture!!

Minor, but can be hard to find in good condition, depending where you live. For $2500.00 you've got a good project car for restoration back to factory stock!!!

Good find!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 747 Likes on 506 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Very nice score! there used to b a yellow roc around my area but its long gone!
glad to see a nice one out there!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 87IROC-DAN61
Hello Roc THIS!!

You said everything in the interior is there, it looks to me that your missing the swiveling map light out of the roof console!!

There is also a flashlight that goes into the roof console, in a slot in the front of the dome light, can't really make it out in the picture!!

Minor, but can be hard to find in good condition, depending where you live. For $2500.00 you've got a good project car for restoration back to factory stock!!!

Good find!!!

Acctually the light is in a bag with the center caps and a few other things . I am very happy he didnt just toss it , it would have been hell to find one to replace it.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM

i knew youd like my sig. you have no excuse now. restore it and love it and cherish it. you better get it before third gen fest. oh, and if you go to the junkyard anytime soon, i need another center cap... or ill just steal one from that car.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 PM

Acctually the light is in a bag with the center caps and a few other things . I am very happy he didnt just toss it , it would have been hell to find one to replace it.
Hello Roc THIS!!

The flashlight, or the swivel map light?

The swivel map light has a #906 light bulb in it, but the trick is to get the light bulb base that the light bulb goes into, not to come off the light bulb!! If you have a problem putting in the light bulb, check to see that there is in fact, a bulb socket, if someone removes the light bulb, and turns it while doing so, the bulb base will be stuck above the roof console, and may be really hard to get a hold of!!!

Check the classified ads section of these boards, or the interior forum, there are pictures of the parts that make up the swivel map light, you'll see what I mean by the bulb base!!

The bulb base can only go in from the top, it won't fit through the hole to fall out into your hand!! This will require you to remove the console from the roof in order to get the base installed again!! A royal PITA!!!

I know this from first hand experience, I got really lucky, as the bulb base was sitting on the bulb base socket ring, and I could see it from below!! I had to fish it back to the hole, and then very carefully jimmy it into the hole, and then lock it in, the hardest part was pulling down, and turning the bulb base into the socket ring, and locking it in!!

This will all be "clear as mud" if you have the problem!!!

TIP: Don't remove the bulb, and if you do, don't turn the bulb to do it, it pulls straight down!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM

i knew youd like my sig. you have no excuse now. restore it and love it and cherish it. you better get it before third gen fest. oh, and if you go to the junkyard anytime soon, i need another center cap... or ill just steal one from that car.
I will look out for a cap for ya Dan . What color was it again ?

Originally Posted by 87IROC-DAN61
Hello Roc THIS!!

The flashlight, or the swivel map light?

The swivel map light has a #906 light bulb in it, but the trick is to get the light bulb base that the light bulb goes into, not to come off the light bulb!! If you have a problem putting in the light bulb, check to see that there is in fact, a bulb socket, if someone removes the light bulb, and turns it while doing so, the bulb base will be stuck above the roof console, and may be really hard to get a hold of!!!

Check the classified ads section of these boards, or the interior forum, there are pictures of the parts that make up the swivel map light, you'll see what I mean by the bulb base!!

The bulb base can only go in from the top, it won't fit through the hole to fall out into your hand!! This will require you to remove the console from the roof in order to get the base installed again!! A royal PITA!!!

I know this from first hand experience, I got really lucky, as the bulb base was sitting on the bulb base socket ring, and I could see it from below!! I had to fish it back to the hole, and then very carefully jimmy it into the hole, and then lock it in, the hardest part was pulling down, and turning the bulb base into the socket ring, and locking it in!!

This will all be "clear as mud" if you have the problem!!!

TIP: Don't remove the bulb, and if you do, don't turn the bulb to do it, it pulls straight down!!!

Hey man thanks for all the advise. I have never had a camaro with the overhead console so this info will come in handy. And both lights are in the bag.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:21 PM

I will look out for a cap for ya Dan . What color was it again ?

Hey man thanks for all the advise. I have never had a camaro with the overhead console so this info will come in handy. And both lights are in the bag.
Hello Roc THIS!!

Great!! The battle is almost won!!! Have fun with the swivel map light!!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 IROC-VERT
Engine: TPI 305
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: 2.77

That car looks like its worth fixing/restoring to me! Hard to fine Yellow and has the 5.7. Dude get it and keep the same color. It'll be worth alot more down the road. It will pay for itself, trust me.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM

thanks mark. its the gold one. we should go some time, i wanna poke around, ill be back on the 13th of march for spring break. and im sure that overhead console will help make up for the lack of glove compartment.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:02 PM

2500 is a steal for that car. Don't let it get away from you. AAAANNNNDDD if you don't want it let me know. I am a yellow iroc fan. :-) Its a rare color, rare optioned, 5.7 t-top iroc with less than 100k on the clock. Think 10 years down the road. Seriously.... let me know if you take a pass on it. Thanks and good luck.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by YellowIrocFan
2500 is a steal for that car. Don't let it get away from you. AAAANNNNDDD if you don't want it let me know. I am a yellow iroc fan. :-) Its a rare color, rare optioned, 5.7 t-top iroc with less than 100k on the clock. Think 10 years down the road. Seriously.... let me know if you take a pass on it. Thanks and good luck.
Sorry man but I am not passing this one up. Hoping to get it within the next 2 weeks.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 GTA, 1985 T/A
Engine: L98, LG4
Transmission: Slush-o-matic 700R
Axle/Gears: stock and stock

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in as well. I'd grab it for $2500, and keep it stockish. Bolt-ons and keep the factory parts in a box if you have a "need for speed". Not a huge fan of yellow normally, but I like it here because a) it looks sharp on those cars and b) very very uncommon colour for them, especially factory, at least around my area. And if you need map light/console bits, I've got some parts. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:34 PM

Well guys the car is now mine

I landed up paying $3000. I was going for $2500 but someone tried buying it out from under me and I caved . I am taking delivery of it mid this week . Cant wait to start cleaning her up.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 PM

mark. you are welcome. you get your IROC, i get a posi. cheers mate.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:09 AM

Car: 88 IROC-Z T-Top car with Bose
Engine: L98 5.7
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt with 3.27's
Re: What do you guys think of this ? *Car is mine now *

Congrats!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 player's trans am a4u (pepsi car
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Go stock. I personally hate to see a nice car hacked up. If you want to mod a car, find a 6 banger to butcher. Look at the guys that prostreeted an origonal 69 z-28 years ago. Car is now worthless. Keep it stock budds, looks like a nice one.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:26 AM

I think there was about a half a dozen of us that would have picked it up if you didn't... Congrats on a great find! Keep us posted on it!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this ? *Car is mine now *