Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-Z Ragtop, 2012 Toyota Hilux
Engine: 305ci V8 TPI
Transmission: Both Auto's(Wife can't drive stick)
Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

Originally Posted by HankL69
Not anything the previous owner left behind, but, while driving at highway speed a mouse climbed out of the de-froster vent, scooted right in front of me and stuck its head out of the side window like a dog!!! I know a grown man shouldn't be afraid of a little mouse but I almost $hit. I slammed on the brakes and he turned and went back down the vent. I was on my way to golf league so I turned around and took a different vehicle and set a trap in the Camaro. After golf checked the trap and there he was. I think he must have been in my golf bag which was sitting on the garage floor until just before leaving.
Same for me in my old 86 TTop - a mouse ran out of my vent and I was travelling down the road and the mouse ran across my dash and fell out the window at about 60mph - one less mouse in the world
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 AM

Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

I just purchased a 89 red rs camaro and i found the same looking spring deal just laying on the floor the car is a parts car i got it with it full of 2 bumpers extra side skirts rims and millions of little nuts bolts and random parts.

Originally Posted by tchernobog
I can only assume that an overwhelming majority of third gen owners are not the original owners of the cars. Unfortunately for those of us who appreciate the cars, many of them are beaten, trashed and disrespected horribly. On top of that, let's face it, the cars are approaching 20+ years old, so they've probably had a lot of owners who left a lot of things, hopefully accidentally, in the car.

The reason I bring this up is when I bought my '91 z/28, there was this really loud rattling coming from inside the drivers door whenever I hit a bump. Not even a rattling, more of a thumping noise. It wasn't causing any harm, and I was busy with school and work, so I let it rattle it's little brains out for about a month until yesterday I finally had a nice day and some free time to pull the door panel off and find out exactly what on earth was making that noise.

Well...here it is :

it's a solid steel coil spring. Weighs almost 3 pounds. I have no idea what it is/where it came from, as I've never seen one inside a third-gen door before between owning 3 and junkyard diving countless times. The only thing I can equate it to is one of the springs that older cars used to hold the hood open.

Well anyways, since I've made this astoundingly odd discovery, I was just wondering if anybody else has ever found anything weird in their third gen.

edit - crap, I made a typo in the title.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:38 AM

Car: 94 Silverado
Engine: 383 Vortec TBI
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I bought a parts truck one time and it had a bunch of random parts in the bed and I got it cheap so I started looking through the bed and someone had crapped in pair of underwear and left it in the bed of the truck! I didn't know I got a sh*tty deal!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 AM
Banned

Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 305 LT1 intake&heads
Transmission: TH700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10bolt GM

just week ago when exchanging floor carpet i found nearly 22 years old canadian cent and propably same old chewing-gum wrapper

best regards
Old 05-27-2009, 03:14 AM

Car: 1987 iroc z
Engine: 350tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 342

that spring is part of the electric window asembaly ill take a pic of mine if you want to compare
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Lots of 'em

Well, last August when I bought the blue 86 Iroc, I found some chewing gum, WD-40, turtle wax interior cleaner, a rag stuffed behind the little hatch for the gas tank, a rag actually in the foam filter for the Edelbrock triangular carburetor air cleaner which was causing it to back fire. Oh yeah, there were two HUGE dead dragon flies in the corners of the front windsheild, I live in southern Delaware near the beach so that's common though.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 AM

Car: 2002 WS6 A4
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I took the center console out and found a small weed bowl/pipe thing. Looks like you could hang it from a key chain so you can smoke "on the go"

Last edited by LoudmouthSS; 05-27-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Supreme Member

Well you would of been screwed if you got pulled over with that. Hot pursuit!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro Z/28
Engine: 350 SBC
Transmission: T-5

My '84 Z/28 which i bought last year was incredibly clean. there was absolutely nothing anywhere in the car. granted I haven't picked up the carpets i think its a candidate for one of the cleanest second hand third gen interiors. However, my friend bought an '84 berlinetta about 2 years ago and it was full of junk. tons of obvious bits like nuts, lamps, spare parts. there was a really old fry container from white castle, i live in ontario and I don't even know where there is a white castle. a bunch of shoddy repairs. two attempts to fix a leaky firewall, when it failed he just drilled holes in the floor so it drained out as it came in. No animals though.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 PM

Car: 1984 Z28 HT,2006 2500HD
Engine: 5.7L, 6.6Llbz dmax
Transmission: 700R4, 6 speed allison
Axle/Gears: worn out 3.73 posi

Originally Posted by LoudmouthSS
I took the center console out and found a small weed bowl/pipe thing. Looks like you could hang it from a key chain so you can smoke "on the go"
was it a slider from some ones bong?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM

Car: 2002 WS6 A4
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23

haha...these cars are so shady, so much drug related stuff
Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Supreme Member

Non sense, marijuana isn't a drug, more like a hallucination inducing hemp.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:17 AM

Car: 1988 IROC Z
Engine: 350 5.7L Carb'd
Axle/Gears: Disc 2.77

so far all ive found in my iroc is a bunch of glass under the seats in the back, a bunch of cig butts, an extremely old peace of spearmint, dared my friend to eat it, he wouldnt do it though, man it wouldve been funny, and a whole lot of rigged electrical wiring

in my 87 thunderbird the trunk has never been opened, i dont have the key for it and the electric button for it doesnt work, i pulled out the back seats to get in the trunk, heres what i found...

a picture of some dude and i guess his girlfriend, an old cigarette, got my friend to smoke it, it was funny, said it was the most horrible dried up cig hes ever smoked,
2 ihop employee uniforms, a really old chicken nugget(found in one of the pockets of the uniforms), bunch of pens and straws, shirts, pants, a bunch of old letters from a girlfriend, and a half full pepsi bottle

there was also a beer bottle holding up the stereo head unit, oh and a pc power supply and a can of really old pringles

and in my 83 olds cruiser wagon, im not even gonna start naming everything i found in that thing, weirdest thing was a pair of massive panties lodged in the back seat, also found about 7 bucks in change

and in my 85 mustang i found one of those flintstones ice cream pops, melted of course under the passenger seat, a really old pack of pop rocks under the center console, and under the hood i found at least 20 dead spiders, i dont know if they were just shells of one spider or if there was a nest somewhere, but i know they were huge, and i was always paranoid when working under the hood, especially when i had to change the oil

my friend bought a 92 isuzu mini pick up for parts for one he had, well we decided we would try to see if we could get running that way we would have 2 of them, this one didnt have a bed on it or a muffler, and we got it to start and run for a little while, then it would choke out, some how a mouse ended up lodged in the tail pipe, and we no **** saw it fly out of the tail pipe after messing with the carb a little thinking that mightve been it, after that it ran, but didnt really run good, he lost interest in it and ended up taking the doors and the transmission off of it for his truck
Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Supreme Member

Well I've got something else to add to the list of weird things. I set out some poison in the garage, and I found a little mouse that made it inside my car before he died. So it smells horrible now.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 AM

Car: 1988 Pontiac trans am
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4

when changing my front bumper cover on my 88 T/A i found in the bumper support area a pair f needle nose pliers , a flathead screwdriver , and a wrench , and on the inside of my center console i found a bunch of trim bolts
Old 06-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Supreme Member

Seems like someone else was aiming to change that same bumper.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM

Car: 1987 iroc z
Engine: 350tpi
Axle/Gears: 342

i canged my radiator today and found like 30 peices to a sk ratchet set and a 1/4 inch ratchet
Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi

i found an ebrake cable, some teeth and some bones in a little paper bag (i don't if my KARR's previous owner practiced voodoo ) and a fishing line in my trunk when I bought it

Last edited by KITT1983; 06-02-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM

I found some pot plants growing in the rear floorboard. They sprouted after a heavy rain & I had left the windows down.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by transplant
I found some pot plants growing in the rear floorboard. They sprouted after a heavy rain & I had left the windows down.
Did you see any pink elephants?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by KITT1983
Did you see any pink elephants?
I said pot plants not mushrooms lol
Old 06-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Supreme Member

Luckily a cop didn't spot you with your mobile green house. Lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by transplant
I said pot plants not mushrooms lol
there is nothing like shrooms, pink elephants and Doogie Howser lol
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Car: 1984 Z/28
Engine: 350 V8

I found the passenger-side visor... stuffed under the passenger-seat.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 AM

Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 305 TBI V8
Transmission: Automatic

I bought my 1991 Firebird as the 3rd owner. I got it from a friend from school, so I know some of its history, like that the table leg (with barcode sticker still on it) was from him and because the hood and back hatch lid wouldn't stay up on their own. i think there were some receipts in the center console. and i found the wiring for a CD changer, which must have been from the original owner because my buddy didn't have one. then today i took out the spare tire just for cleaning and the heck of it, and there was part of some sort of bracket for what i assume was for the CD changer. other than things that can be easily explained, nothing really.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 AM

Car: 1991 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Auto

I bought a 1968 Charger from a guy that was the 4th owner. It was pretty stock, but needed to be restored. As I took the unmolested interior apart I found an old Budwesier bottle cap inside the steering column behind the wheel itself. It had to have been stuck there at the assembly line as there was no hole or slot large enough for it to fit through.

I had a 1970 Coronet that was all stock and needed a new carpet. Under the carpet was the factory carpet tag that was date coded and a few other factory papers. But the funny part was there was a couple of NOS turnsignal levers under there, right under where the drivers seat was. There was no way for them to work their way under the carpet and there was a surface rust halo all around them leaving an outline of clean metal when they were picked up.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Car: 1987 Camario Iroc Z-28
Engine: 350 TPI

I bought my car from a guy who had it in his garage for two years. My SES light kept coming on, and later found out a mouse made a home in my engine and chewed through some wires. There were mouse droppings all under my TPI plenum.

Under the drivers seat I found a half working alarm system.

In the dash (I put in a new stereo and speakers) I found a thousand wires that lead to nowhere (thanks to the part time mechanic), and in the trunk I found a racing chip.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86 Firebird
Engine: 305 SBC
Transmission: 700 R4 TCI
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by oxide2007
plenty of cigarette butts underneath the carpet, I also found age-old juicy fruit that must have been as old as the car.
cig butts are probably factory. Workers used to smoke in them and put the butts out on the metal. The people who put the carpet in just laid it in over them.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

This thread has turned to CRAP!!!! To many post about "......weirdest thing youv'e found in your car?" that is not even all that weird.

Table legs/broom sticks used to hold hatch/hood- not really all that uncommon
Mice nests- I would say that's pretty common
Cig butts- is that really "weird"
Sun Visor for that car
Shoddy repairs
Ect ect,

I think we need better "weird" post worthy material, enough of listing whatever was in your car. More of the strange stuff!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM

i went to my car one day and found a bum in the back seat sleeping
Old 06-09-2009, 12:03 AM

Car: 1987 Iroc-Z28
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23, G80, J65 disc

i found an old Billy Ray Cyrus Cassette.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Car: 87 Camaro IROC, 85 IROC Roadste
Engine: 5.7 V8 350 TPI, 383 - Coming Soon
Transmission: 700R4, Turbo 350
Axle/Gears: 3.27

I took off my dash today and I ended up finding a coupon for some window cleaner from like 1998, could of saved 55 cents! DAMMIT lol
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Car: 1990 Iroc
Engine: 6.0
Transmission: 4l65E
Axle/Gears: 373 zexel torsen

Not really weird but I found a gm bottle of fix a flat still mounted to spare tire ,owners gm casett tape for 1990 Iroc and poster of 1990 iroc from gm I think the fix a flat is going to be a keeper
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 310
Axle/Gears: stock

when i got my first car which was a 91 firebird which was falling apart there was nothing but mildew all over the carpet...till i found a bra behind one of the rear speakers..they were C-cups......but at work we pulled a dead kitten burnt to a crisp off of exhaust pipes...stuck between the manifold and block...poor thing
Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Dustytrix
Not really weird but I found a gm bottle of fix a flat still mounted to spare tire ,owners gm casett tape for 1990 Iroc and poster of 1990 iroc from gm I think the fix a flat is going to be a keeper
hey dude, if you don't want the owners cassette. I would be glad to have it
Old 06-14-2009, 01:21 AM

Car: 85 TA (sold), 88 Corvette, 02 Monte

The 1980 had about ten speeding tickets (95 in a 55), court summons, license suspension notices (didn't show up in court) etc from about 15 years earlier. Also shotgun slugs, a googoo dolls cd in a backstreet boys case, rabbit water bottle still in the packaging, piles of stuff. Guy didn't clean out the trunk at all.

A truck I bought had things buried under all the snow in the bed. It was amusing to watch and see what was revealed as the snow melted. Nasty shoes, boombox, knee brace, cig boxes...

Haven't found anything worth noting in the 85. Yet. But all these drugs make me nervous of being falsely accused if a cop searches my car or I try to drive it to canada.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Sparkytfl
The 1980 had about ten speeding tickets (95 in a 55), court summons, license suspension notices (didn't show up in court) etc from about 15 years earlier. Also shotgun slugs, a googoo dolls cd in a backstreet boys case, rabbit water bottle still in the packaging, piles of stuff. Guy didn't clean out the trunk at all.

A truck I bought had things buried under all the snow in the bed. It was amusing to watch and see what was revealed as the snow melted. Nasty shoes, boombox, knee brace, cig boxes...

Haven't found anything worth noting in the 85. Yet. But all these drugs make me nervous of being falsely accused if a cop searches my car or I try to drive it to canada.
Seems like that guy had a pretty wild time with the car.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Axle/Gears: 2.73 posi

This isn't the strangest thing on here but I found a brand new Saturn key and a bunch of old train tickets. But I still haven't looked through it very much so I don't know what else I could find.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro 'Vert
Engine: 350

My finds include:

2 dead mice
3 toy army men
trim pieces that didn't belong to a Firebird
Around $10 in spare change

The spare change was the funny one. Someone had been dumping the change in the space behind the ash tray container, thus letting it slide through the center console and under the carpet on the passenger's side. I had several holes in the floor pan. So every time I'd park the car I'd find a trail of change in the driveway/parking space. For the 3 months I had it before I tore out the old interior, I had no idea why my car was leaving a money trail!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Car: 90 Formula WS6, 86 Sport Coupe
Engine: 305 TBI, 2.8 MPFI
Transmission: 700r4, 700r4w/vette servos
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Open, 3.42 Open

Since ripping the carpet out I've found a few more things. $18 in change, a Victoria's secret envelope (at first I thought it was the build sheet), two illegible cassettes, a dead scorpion (guess the car was from out of state, I don't think we have scorpions in iowa), and, best of all. A notice they were gonna turn off the dudes electricity because he owed $1173.84. I don't use that much electricity in a year!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 AM

Car: 85 firebird
Engine: 3.4L V6
Transmission: auto

My firebird was pretty clean when I got it, tons of change, spare fuel filter, screwdriver a few nuts and bolts.

My dakota was a totally different story though, found some chick's bra behind the backseat, a couple of gun shells, a knife, some cig buds, and an old bottle of jack daniels.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro LT
Engine: LG4 w/ SLP headers & a 3" catback
Transmission: THM700R4 (Stock)
Axle/Gears: Stock 2.73 gears. No Posi

Found some knitting needles, a Vegas receipt and a lot of sand under the back seats.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:40 AM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: whatever the stock gears are

This one is kinda funny ! I bought my RS from an older couple. I am in the middle of replacing the carpet and just the other day found a pill packet (still with two pills left in it) of Viagra lol! Never seen that stuff in person and its weird !
Old 06-27-2009, 11:03 PM

Car: 1988 Firebird - 1998 Z28
Engine: 2.8 - LS1

Originally Posted by GOATS2QUICK
in my red gta, 2 lighters, a sack of weed
sounds like a good time to me!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1967 Firebird P.T.
Engine: LS3 4" Strkr 422ci
Transmission: MN12 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 8.5" 10 Bolt Eaton

found a 1-pound brick of the "green stuff" was kinda gray after 10+ years stuffed behind the Left rear speaker, 4 lighters, a "bowl", 2 switchblades, a warrant from 1989 and over 300 dollars in cash and change under the carpet and behind the rear seats.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 PM

want to sell those blades?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 88FormulaKiller
found a 1-pound brick of the "green stuff" was kinda gray after 10+ years stuffed behind the Left rear speaker, 4 lighters, a "bowl", 2 switchblades, a warrant from 1989 and over 300 dollars in cash and change under the carpet and behind the rear seats.
Did D.B. Cooper own your car?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: TBI 305 V8
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 2.73

Lets see when I brought my 90 camaro I found a lot of random nuts and screws, a CD with nothing on it and a $hit load of change!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1967 Firebird P.T.
Engine: LS3 4" Strkr 422ci
Transmission: MN12 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 8.5" 10 Bolt Eaton

LMAO @ D B, and the blades i sold 3 years ago... got 130 bucks for one, it was some italian made blade with a double edge.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 PM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9-Bolt LSD

Camaro didn't have any goodies when I got it but I had a 85 300ZX that looked like it had been built from the gaudy aisle at Autozone but the weird thing I found was a stack of envelopes with children's birthday card all from and to different addresses under the spare tire. I think the guy was a mail man who stole money from little kids and their grandparents.

Quick Reply: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your car?