Organized Drag Racing and Autocross Drag racing and autocross discussions and questions. Techniques, tips, suggestions, and "what will I run?" questions.

treated like crap

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 camaro z28
Engine: 355 sbc what else
Transmission: TH 350 manual vb/ 4200 stall
Axle/Gears: 4:30 on the street
treated like crap

this post is for anyone who goes to milan dragway.

me and a few friends went there for a night of test and tune about two weeks ago. When we got to the track everything seemed ok, then we made are first pass and the track wasn't prepped very well. We went up front and ask if they had sprayed the track and they said "yes", but they would spray it again, and we were cool with that. Then about 8:30 they annouce that they were closing the lanes and shutting up shop, mind you they advertised 5-10 and that is what we paid for. Well about a week later the owner calls me and ask me what my friends problem was and why he lost his temper. I tell the guy that i was unaware that my friend had lost his temper and that maybe he should call my buddy sense he's the one who lost his temper and not me. Mind you my friend never lost his temper he just made the remark when they ask how long we were going to be that we paid til 10:00 and i told him that when we are done cooking our food will take off. Anyhow this dude tells me this lovely story about how my friend talked to someone who races at milan alot that my friend and the track owner were face to face and ready to throw done, which never happened.

next day:
I tell my buddy about the conversation and he tells me that the guy was full of s**t and that he was trying to save himself some business because this web site called "yellowbullet.com" has alot of racer complaining about milan and how they treat people. if you want to see it go to the trash or be trashed section and read it for yourself.

hope this post doesn't get me in trouble with the moderator but i thought that anyone in the area should know how those people treat others and think it is ok to advertise one thing and then steal your money and then try to start rumors about crap that never happened.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 AM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 305 TBI (lo3)
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Whatever is stock.
Re: treated like crap

Wow. Thanks for turning us on to that crap site. **Warning**. Only go to that site if you want to read about stupid people, fighting over every topic posted. I thought this site could get bad. We are all angels.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:34 AM

Car: 1987 IROC
Engine: 350 vortec
Transmission: TH350 3500 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt grenade

Originally Posted by STRIKER911
Wow. Thanks for turning us on to that crap site. **Warning**. Only go to that site if you want to read about stupid people, fighting over every topic posted. I thought this site could get bad. We are all angels.
the tech sections are full of great information especially in the nitrous section. its just a different deal, just gotta keep in mind that its basically no rules in the trashed or be trashed, the actual tech area is a little more civilized....but not much lol.

to the OP sorry that you were mistreated out there, my home track will close down early occassionally too but its only if the car count is low and the people who are there aren't making much for passes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 AM

Received 120 Likes on 101 Posts
Car: 87 IROC L98
Engine: 588 Alcohol BBC
Transmission: Powerglide
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"/31 spline spool/4.86

Local track also shuts down early if car count drops off. On a street legal night, we're lucky to get any track prep. Usually they'll spray to the 60' mark and that's it.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 AM

Car: 1987 IROC
Engine: 350 vortec
Transmission: TH350 3500 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt grenade

one night they quit putting water in the burnout box because the r!cers were just pulling watter all the way up to the starting line. so they quit putting water out. car dead hooked with no burnout tho lol
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Car: 86 Camaro
Engine: 355
Transmission: Powerglide w/brake
Axle/Gears: Currie 9" w/4.56

Originally Posted by STRIKER911

Yellowbullet is like an adult playground. There's a little bit of everything there. I've been a member for 2 years.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 565 BBC
Transmission: Glide
Axle/Gears: 9 inch/spool/3.70

I spend more time on the Bullet then any other site. Great info over there, people willing to help you out even if the question is beat to death. You don't get the "Try the search" answers that you do so ofter over here.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

Sorry to hear about the mistreatment, especially from people who should be all about cars and their owners.

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
I spend more time on the Bullet then any other site. Great info over there, people willing to help you out even if the question is beat to death. You don't get the "Try the search" answers that you do so ofter over here.
Not to mention TGO's search function is become really bad. Anything I search for is either not a big enough term or does not search for anything number related. Which is about 70% of my searches (Part numbers, tq specs etc). So now TGO gives Noob's reasons to post a thread instead of searching, as I am good at searching and have a real hard time finding anything anymore due to their weak search fucntions.

-Take care
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM

the track closing early didn't realy make me happy, but i could have dealt with it if the guy won't have called me on my home phone with that huge story of crap about how my friend was freaking out and in truth he only made a simple remark about the time we paid for. have talked to my uncle and afew other long time racers and they have all said that the staff and locals don't treat outsiders very well there.

i will admit that their were only like 15-20 cars but everyone was making regular passes. so i thought the track was being used enough to stay open till the advertised time but thats just my opinion.

hey thanks for all the replies i kinda thought this might have got me in trouble because i haven't seen any post like this before and didn't know if they were allowed.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 565 BBC
Transmission: Glide
Axle/Gears: 9 inch/spool/3.70

Not to mention TGO's search function is become really bad. Anything I search for is either not a big enough term or does not search for anything number related. Which is about 70% of my searches (Part numbers, tq specs etc). So now TGO gives Noob's reasons to post a thread instead of searching, as I am good at searching and have a real hard time finding anything anymore due to their weak search fucntions.

Couldn't agree more.

Back to the subject anyway it does suck that a track doesn't look out for those that keep them in business.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

sounds like some highschool drama/bs. or a typical night at the dirt roundy round track.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: A Portly 85 Z28
Engine: 4.530 X 4.250 BBC
Transmission: under rated for this application
Axle/Gears: also under rated

I have only a few points to make...

1. The BULLET is the shitz

2. Milan`s help sucks mostly and you can make it worse by coming on a T&T night bitchin about track prep. pay the long dollar and come on a weekend or NO ET day or a rocky`s rental nite, you`ll probably be leaving with your driveshaft in ur hands.

3. If you can`t hook the track with your car, it`s either too cold, too wet or too hot. Take a look at your car instead of whinning to the track officials...I`ve cut low 1.3`s and high 1.2 on those same wedensday nights with a 10 inch slick and 800hp of engine.

4. Grilling at the track, let me say if you read the trashed or be trashed section back a few weeks ago you will see a big thread about an incident they had there a month ago, not saying the track was right but they had a good point to do what they did....kinda

5. Them calling back days later asking what is the problem sounds like a load, why would they bother?? They could care less, just like you said.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 305 TBI (lo3)
Axle/Gears: Whatever is stock.

Originally Posted by greezemonkey
Bro that's one sweet ride. I bet it looks like a jet, taking off from the line. You have any video on the net? Thanks for what you do. One word: Inspiration!!!

Last edited by AlkyIROC; 06-12-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Supreme Member

2. Milan`s help sucks mostly and you can make it worse by coming on a T&T night bitchin about track prep. pay the long dollar and come on a weekend or NO ET day or a rocky`s rental nite, you`ll probably be leaving with your driveshaft in ur hands.

3. If you can`t hook the track with your car, it`s either too cold, too wet or too hot. Take a look at your car instead of whinning to the track officials...I`ve cut low 1.3`s and high 1.2 on those same wedensday nights with a 10 inch slick and 800hp of engine.

4. Grilling at the track, let me say if you read the trashed or be trashed section back a few weeks ago you will see a big thread about an incident they had there a month ago, not saying the track was right but they had a good point to do what they did....kinda

5. Them calling back days later asking what is the problem sounds like a load, why would they bother?? They could care less, just like you said.

in a nut shell

now buy my trans shield
Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 PM

well the guy called believe it or not and i also had abite of trouble believe that he would but none the less he did and with what he said happened verses what is reality i think that the trip i made there was my first and last.

and for the record no one threw a bitch about track prep we just simply ask if the track had been sprayed, the guy said "yes, but we can do it again if you feel that we need to." So we said if you could that would be great and the guy went and sprayed it. But track prep wasn't my complaint it was the line of crap that the owner feed me on the phone.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: stock

Originally Posted by BlueBeast

Couldn't agree more.

Back to the subject anyway it does suck that a track doesn't look out for those that keep them in business.
well i have some issues with the search button - especially if you ask for something simple like "2 seat" camaro and it tells you that "2" is not long enough.
but absent that - i dont have any problems with this site at all.
i visit at least once a day and always learn something new.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:40 PM

Car: 1984 TA 15th Anniv. Addition
Engine: 355 SBC
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 4.56

lol, I was at Milan that same night, they shut the lanes down like 8:30 or so, I was not expecting to get kicked out after paying my $25 bucks but o well....

I have not had much luck at Milan either, my car use to throw belts every once in a while and they didn't give a ****, get your car off the track by any means necessary, they don't care if you crotch is on fire.....

Their not in it to make their customers happy...o well...

Still a drag track....lol
Old 06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Jay
Supreme Member

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 5.7 RamJet
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Dana44 4.10

Tracks I go to ( 1.75 - 2.75 hours drive are the closest ) would never close on a Test and Tune night due to not enough cars. They are always PACKED.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by BadaPwned
lol, I was at Milan that same night, they shut the lanes down like 8:30 or so, I was not expecting to get kicked out after paying my $25 bucks but o well....

I have not had much luck at Milan either, my car use to throw belts every once in a while and they didn't give a ****, get your car off the track by any means necessary, they don't care if you crotch is on fire.....

Their not in it to make their customers happy...o well...

Still a drag track....lol

what car? mine was the '85 dark blue z28, and my friends had a red/flat black malibu, a '69 nova, and a pewter s10