Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

Everyone Tell Everyone else a bit about yourselves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 03:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
Everyone Tell Everyone else a bit about yourselves!!!

Yeah its another one of these posts
I figure since its been a little while, a few members have gotten new things, we've got a bunch of new members... its time to get to know eachother again hehehe

And none of that "Read the Sig" Bullshyt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
F-Body: 1983 Z28 ~ 350 ~ Stock fiberglass hood ~ Not much Interior ~ Gauges that are spiffy in their own way for just sitting there ~ T5 ~ Ripper Shifter ~ MultiFriction Clutch ~ Hardtop ~ Currently lacking 305's but will soon be getting them again ~ Stuff
How long have you owned your F-Body:about a year and a half... and its only gotten about 200 miles on it since then, if that (prolly closer to 75, LOL)
What have you done to it?Took most of the interior out, had new clutch, transmission and ripper shifter installed, bought new interior and gauges, got ground effects, dash, etc... took some of the old gfx off, ... Took the ECM out and blew it up, clipped a few wires here and there and still waiting to do more of that... new plugs, wires, oil, air filter, blah blah blah... few things i'm not too proud of I did too but most people know what that was so I won't mention it
What are your plans for it?Lots of stuff
How long do you intend to keep it? Till it melts into a burbbling puddle of goo

Tell us about you, whatcha do, etc:
we all know my answer to this one ... make it real long

Yeah, I was bored but I figure we needed to do it again hehehe
Old 07-18-2001, 04:54 PM

F-Body: 86 SC, Hardtop, Black, rebuilt 350, auto, Hurst Quarter Stick, KYB (GR-2 Gas fronts and Gas-a-just rears).
How Long: 9 months (reminds me I need insurance again soon)
What have I done to it: New shocks, tires and stereo, plus rebuilt the engine.
Plans for it ----
Engine: new Speed o Motive 383 - Sportsman
Nitrous system: The Nitrous Works 10000 (75-200 HP hits)
Drivetrain: Custom built t400 auto tranny
2500 stall converter, Inland Empire Driveline Driveshaft, Strange 12-bolt with the Super Posi (Thanks QWKTRIP), 3.73 rear gears (ya baby!)

Suspension: Kenny Brown Level 2 Ultimate High Performance Suspension Kit (Koni rear, Bilstiens front) Spohn adjustable torque arm
Kenny Brown Super Street Cage 4-wheel disk brakes with upgraded calipers

Exhaust: Hooker SuperComp shorty headers with 3” Y-pipe, Random Technologies high flow CAT (3” inlet / 3” outlet), Flowmaster 3” CAT back with 2-chamber muffler and single outlet.

Wheels and Tires: 17x9 or 9.5 ROH RT-Black Ice wheels with 275/40-R17 Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP tires.

Interior/Exterior: Cluster upgrade, Dark Grey or Black Leather 4 Gen Seats, New black pearl paint job, Rear tailight blackouts,Tinting windows, purple Neon light kit.

How long Do I plan to keep it: Awhile after it is all done

About me: Ex-bouncer, QA Analyst, Canadian live in the US, bear personality (don't **** me off) all around loveable guy who loves his speed ahhh yes... Former Sprint and Drag racer...

[This message has been edited by Sleeper_In_Seattle (edited July 18, 2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 05:27 PM

Just joined , learned alot all ready .I just bought a 87 GTA 5.7L with no options.I want the best I can get for the suspention A arms ect..... I want it to handle the best I can. I have bought the rubber, FireStone Fire Hawks EQ 245 50s 255 50s any help as to sourcing this stuff out thanks.

NASCAR FREEK
Old 07-18-2001, 08:33 PM

OK, I'll play...

I copied this from a recent post because I'm too lazy to post it all over again.

OK, here goes. My birthday is Feb. 20th. I'm a pisces, which explains a lot about me. I live in South Everett, just 10 miles north of Seattle, WA. I'm a bowtie girl to the fullest extent. A pre req for renting my rental apartment out is that you drive a chevy. I spend too much money and time in my yard. I don't have kids but my best friend and sister share theirs with me. I have a dog and a cat. I have freckles. I have brownish, reddish hair and blue eyes. I am not tall, unlike my sisters who are as tall as 6'1". I don't like meat. I drink too much coffee. I don't work out enough. I don't care for chocolate. I don't get PMS'y (lame *** cop out). I own a 3200 sq. ft., 3 story house that was built in 1920, residing on 1 acre. I love my house!

I drive an 82 Z28. Carbed, of course! With a TH350 and Posi, baby!! My car rocks and if given the ultimatum to choose between my car and a man, I'd take the car because an ultimatum like that is childish and does not reveal the underlying problem. I am very friendly, outgoing, outspoken, witty, frank, and to the point. I am a good judge of people. I am vindictive and don't take being taken advantage of lightly. My major in college was public speaking and journalism. I am currently unemployed but half assed looking for a job. I think Ken Griffey Jr. is the best damned thing baseball has ever been blessed with and I almost passed out when I met him one day at the boat launch, donning his ever soo tight wet suit. I think Alex Rodriguez is being paid way too much money and I'm glad he left the Mariners. The Sonics need to get their **** together. I am debt free. I love to fish. Mostly freshwater for largemouth bass. And fishing for salmon ain't half bad, either! Both of my tackle boxes are packed full of crap. I own 5 fishing rods. I have 6 sisters and one brother. I think George Strait is one sexy man and Tyson Beckford is a close second. You would only find Metallica albums in my Z28. I am not skinny. I am not above average looking. I've seen a UFO. I work on my own car. I own entirely too much jewerly for a woman of my age. Real jewelry, that is. Not costume. Same goes for clothes and shoes, ten times fold. I prefer to be barefoot. I have too many house plants. I sunbathe more than I should. I would never consider getting implants. Even if I were flat chested. I like to wakeboard. I am a good friend and protective of those that I have. I am fairly giving of myself. I used to be the birthday fairy. I don't like needles. But I do like my telescope for checking out cool things in the night sky. Purple is my favorite color. And, Martha Stewart stole most of her ideas from me. My mom says my legs are my best feature, but I've always been complimented on my mouth and Aaron likes my eyes the best. I think men should have short hair and women should have long hair. My fettish, if I had one or two are teeth and feet. I can never learn enough history. I own a pair of bright red cowboy boots. I had my first french kiss at 15 and lost my virginity at 16. I miss my Grandma terribly. I was a cheerleader and on the volleyball team in high school. Oh, and I was born in Huntington Beach, CA. Have lived in Austin, Texas, Swampscott, MA, Las Vegas, Nevada, Aloha, Oregon, Concord, CA, all over CA and western WA. I collect things like Ken Griffey Jr stuff, teacups, Z28 car parts, books about everything, Z28 hot wheels and models. Forget me nots are my favorite flower. I am patriotic and love spending time in DC with my Aunt who is a Colonel in the Army. I love old stuff cause they just don't make anything these days like they used to. I enjoy spending time with the Cascade Crew at the Pull Apart. I love wildlife and have many bird houses and squirrel feeders. I have a pond but don't want to put fish in it cause my cat would go fishing and I've made entirely too many trips to PAWS as it is. (update: we now have 19 goldfish trying to grow into Carp. But I hate crows/ravens and shoot at them with my wrist rocket. I am prone to panic attacks. My house is always clean, cause you never know who will drop by unannounced. I am a perfectionist, esp with my car. What's the use of doing something if you aren't gonna do it right?

Oh, and did I mention that I am married to the most wonderful man in the world? Definatley, not my type when I met him but his smile...I just knew he was the one. I've been blessed with his presence for over 12 years. He's the love of my life. He's made me what I am today. He's the strongest, most bravest man I've ever known and given the opportunity (and it's been given), I wouldn't trade him for the world. I had a high school sweet heart that I was engaged to and upon telling him I wanted to be a cop, we parted. Then came Curtis. A real man that supported my dreams. The man I will be with for the rest of my life. The man that has never given me the ultimatum, the car or him. He bought me my Z28 as a surprise. However, I still have not forgiven him for not buying me the GTA (with Recaro seats) 5 years ago! But, I must have done something right to deserve him. I am madly in love with the man of my dreams.

So...there you have it. A bit about me.

Well, you asked for it, Aaron.

------------------
This message has been brought to you in part by Metallica
Old 07-18-2001, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F-Body: 1990 Firebird V-6 3.1l w/ t-tops, power trunk release, fog lights, A/C, rear defrost, and tinted windows

Mods: blacked out side markers, tail lights, and cleared and blacked out turn signals in the front, Trans Am tail lights, black leather GTA seats, black interior plastic, lighted rear view mirror, SSPE LCAs (chrome-moly one end, poly the other), Energy Suspension tranny mount (poly), and a cherry bomb instead of a muffler.

Future mods: This summer: ASCD Ram Air hood (already bought), hopefully SSPE sub frame connectors, and maybe other minor stuff.

Later: LT1 w/ T-56, convertible, 17 inch rims, and a Vortec SC.

How long have I owned it: Since last August, so almost a year now, and I have put ~27k on it. But the end of the week it'll be more then 28k.

How long do I intend to keep it: Forever, basically. Drive it daily until I can afford I new (aka Used by then) 2001 Firehawk and use that as my daily driver, then it gets parked in a garage and repainted and goes to car shows and gets driven on sunny days or whenever I feel like it.

About me: I am a soccer ref and am currently driving around the US.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:45 PM

The topic said tell about yourself, not your car.

And don't argue that they are one in the same.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:10 PM

Age - 20
F-body - 1991 Firebird Formula, 305 TPI, Auto, mods in sig...bought it in June 2000 after putting my old 1988 Firebird (V6) around a fire hydrant.
General **** about me - 5'9, 175 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes. I work my *** off 6 days a week at a bank, where I'm currently training to be a personal banking officer (equivalent to what most people call a loans officer) after spending my first 6 months there as a customer service rep. I like working on my car (at least the easy work), golfing and watchin wrasslin. I just broke up with a girl that i'd been going out with for 10 months (and we also had a 2 year stint before that). Hmm, what else is there....I like all sorts of music (right now I'm pumping the new D12 cd non stop). Umm, I go to Simon Fraser University where I just finished my second year, and I'm going for my degree in Economics. I think thats about it. Kinda oddly strung together, but it answers the question.

------------------
1991 Firebird Formula
305 TPI,Auto,Custom 3" Mandrel bent I-pipe, Flowmaster 80 series muffler, 3" hi-flo cat,Taylor Spiro Wires,Bosch Platinum Plugs, K&N Filter, Grant GT Steering Wheel, 5% Rear tint, Pontiac Windshield Decal, Fresh paint

Check it out https://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index...ew&rideid=1074
Old 07-18-2001, 10:27 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dudelovett:
(right now I'm pumping the new D12 cd non stop). </font>
That song has mad bass! Gotta love it.

Old 07-18-2001, 10:32 PM

The topic may be, but Aaron didn't mention a whole lot about himself! And being he is the topic starter we all follow his lead, so :P
Old 07-18-2001, 11:37 PM
Supreme Member

Whats there really to say about me?

I'm 6', black hair brown eyes 250 pounds
I'm lazy like a sloth
I don't really do much even though I should (and will soon since I've plans n stuff now)

I like sunsets and a lot of other weird romantic things

I'm a goddamn looney tune drawn in a real life world ...

I put bra's on my head, have no problem walking into lingerie stores or adult stores and playing around with whatever I find and scaring the clerks...

I have no interest in any religion, be it good or evil, but I do find small advantages to each kind and choose to go my own way...

Death and things like that don't bother me
I do cry during certain movies

I think George Carlin is a friggin GOD ... 45 years in the comedy business and still going

I like the WWF, Undertaker is by far the best IMO, Kane comes in a close second for sheer size and muscle

I'm considering getting a job at a funeral home, it pays well and I've got no problem with it

If not I can always go to massage school and call it good

I get into weird moods, I wear weird shirts, I'll do whatever it takes for a laugh, and I've got a twisted sense of humor...

I find when Athena kills something it is a beautiful thing... living art more or less when she stalks her prey, snags it, breaks and crushes it and eventually swallows it ... the entire thing is just something that you don't often see, and I get to see it every 1 to 2 weeks ...

I play video games, I sit at the computer all day, I like making my brother miserable, I work on my camaro when I feel like it

My favorite foods are pizza, chicken cordon bleu, salmon, chikkin caesar salad and pepsi (pepsi is a food!)

My favorite drinks are Mudslides, Pepsi, Mikes Hard Lemonade, and Thomas Kemper root beer

I think beer tastes cruddy but I'll drink it if theres nothing else to drink

I don't drink milk, can't
I rarely drink water, just don't
I can't stand coke products too often

I have to have a VERY good reason to even get into a ford, but if you want me to drive one you'll have to cut my ***** off and shoot me 5 times (actually I'd prefer that over driving a ford)

I will never own a Honda, the only import car I really like is the RX5 (Mazda Cosmo)... nor do I care too much for the eurotrash cars, with the exception of 3 BMW's, one of which is the new Mini Cooper (Ok so I love the Mr. Bean cars so what)

I prefer British Comedy over American Comedy with the exception of George Carlin ... my fav brit. shows are Red Dwarf, British Men Behaving Badly, Black Adder, Mr. Bean, and plenty of others, but Red Dwarf is my absolute fav.

I listen to anytihng but the majority of rap, I'll make an exception to a few things but not many.

I hate country, there was only 1 good country song written and the person it had meaning for passed away so I don't listen to it any longer.

I enjoy listening to Classical, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is by far the best piece ever written

My favorite all time song on earth is and always will be What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, the song that comes in at a very close second is My Buddy by Dr. John

My parents are divorced, my brother is a dumbshyt, I wish I were still a virgin because the last few years of my life have been a complete mistake, minus the camaro and getting to know and love all of you guys...

I've seen weirder **** than most people can imagine and I've liked it, and I can imagine things even weirder than that...

The post I made called Beautiful Heart represents part of me, I've never been sent an email that can match that save one in february but if you read it and think about it you'll see why it makes so much sense.

I've been in a mental hospital, and while I was in there I made a kid **** blood for the entire week because of a pillow fight (makes you wonder doesn't it?) ... and I've often considered being put back in one just because it seems like a better option than putting up with my brother.

I've got scars on my arm, I'm more often pale than not, I can pluck hairs with a pair of tweezers and not blink or feel much of anything

I'm a good listener, I've been told I'm smart, I try to be the best friend I can be, I can talk about anything and everything, nothing you say, do or show me would disgust me and I find every type of human interaction fascinating, be it at a funeral, wedding, or whatever... its interesting to see how people act in different situations...

I'm always around to help people with anything they need... I enjoy talking to people and helping people with their problems...

I can get into some weird moods, I often miss having someone to talk to and spend time with, or snuggle with and hold...

Sex doesn't interest me too much right now, I'd rather spend my time with someone and get to know them... I hate fling things and hope to never do them again...

I used to sell gemstones on eBay, and I'll probably start doing that again soon because its fun and its decent money...

Right now I'm eating popcorn chicken and drinking root beer

People often question my screen names, and motives online... Demon is just what you think it is if you feel like thats what you want it to be...

Demon by any other description is as follows:
a : an evil spirit
b : a source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ruin

2 usually daemon : an attendant power or spirit : GENIUS

3 usually daemon : a supernatural being of Greek mythology intermediate between gods and men

4 an evil spirit that lies on persons in their sleep; especially : one that has sexual intercourse with women while they are sleeping -- compare SUCCUBUS

5 : NIGHTMARE 2

6 : one that oppresses or burdens like a nightmare

Anyone who knows me knows on some level that I am fascinated by Dreams, Nightmares and Chaos... my first 3 tattoo's will probably be just that

I was engaged at the age 17, that relationship didn't work out and I'm more or less happy about that, I've never dated any person in this state save one, and she dumped me and turned out to be a lesbian (that was 3 years ago, Doug knows the one hehe) ...

When my uncle died it pretty much screwed me up... I started to sleep in class and cut myself or stab myself with whatever I found at the time (at one point I had used one of those bic round point pens and drew blood with it) ... that summer (98) I went to virginia for 2 months, came back and went to school, first month of my junior year, got sick of everything, being around people made my so physically sick I couldn't even stand up straight ... had a friend take me home at lunch and never looked back... (october that year I was put into fairfax, YAY ME!!)

I haven't talked to hardly anyone I knew in highschool since then.

I've gone to most of the states on the east coast, enjoyed myself each time but never really felt like it would be a place I wanted to live... not green enough.

I don't give up on much but that last couple of months I've actually given up on 3 or 4 things... thankfully one of them hasn't been my camaro

I have bad knees, a soft heart, a corrupted stomach (years of constant attack by pepsi) ... I rarely dream and when I do, its rarely what people would call a normal dream... and my nightmares are even worse...

I used to collect comics and cards, but I've sold them all.

I currently have 35 empty pop cans, 19 empty mikes hard lemonade bottles and 3 empty 2 liter root beer bottles sitting in a corner of my room because I've been too tired or too lazy to take them out of my room ... (will do that soon) ...

My favorite smell is Vanilla
My favorite color is Purple ::Eyes Summer ::
My favorite video game is Conker's Bad Fur Day
I hate playstation with a passion because Sony made the Final Fantasy series SUCK

I am and always will be into the original Role Playing games, whether its table top, online, or in a video agame (IE Dragon Warrior, Zelda, the original 6 final fantasies)

I never act like someone else, I'm always me no matter what I do, what you see is what you get.

for the most part I'm open with how I feel and only try to hide it when it will benefit others or if I don't wanna talk about it ...

I don't fear death, nor do I fear spiders, heights, snakes, wriggly squirmy slimy things or anything else... I accept things as they are and live with it or die with it, who am I to question it

I have no idea how long this is, but I'ma stop here ...

See why I didn't give that much info about me the first time!? HMM!?

I could go on...
Old 07-19-2001, 12:30 AM
Supreme Member

Damn Demon, I thouth the idea was to write a "little" about yourself.

Me? Ok, I'll go along with it...

I just turned 28 last wednesday, I'm married to a wonderful woman 5 years my senior. I have one child, age 9. I also have 4 (yes 4, call me crazy) parrots ages 18, 9, 4, and 3. I am a driver by profession, mostly semi's but the occasional tow truck. I smoke, I drink, and I don't get enough sleep or time off.

I was born on the central coast of California. Santa Maria to be exact. met my wife in march of 97 and moved here in december of that year.

Currently my wife (Celynda) is attending college as an accouting major. SHe has taught me several things in our time together. Among those things the three that stand out and everyone should know:

1, Never argue with a diabetic when they are having a high bloodsugar.
2, Never argue with an upset redhead.
3, NEVER, ever, marry a diabetic redhead. (don't ask me how I know.)
Old 07-19-2001, 12:30 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98
holy ****ing **** demon thats not a post thats a bible.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:43 AM
Supreme Member

You'd be surprised how short that really is compared to what I could have typed.... I decided to spare you guys until you were all ready
Old 07-19-2001, 04:16 AM

About this driver...

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 305 lbs.

Likes: AMD products, anything made by Sega, Apple products, open-minded people, Japanese "anime", any type of music that has a good beat, wrestling, my CD-RW drive, video games, Mac OS X (Vive le Mac OS!!!)

Dislikes: Wintel, anything made by Micro(insert swastika here)oft, ignorance, inconsistency, arrogance, hypocrites, close-mindedness, 98% of all the garbage they call "today's hit music" on the radio, Sony Playstation and PS2 (the MOST overhyped systems on the planet, the Saturn and Dreamcast were WAYYYYYYYYY under-rated)

Habits: Can not hold a conversation without cutting to the chase within 20 seconds, tells non-experienced tech support co-workers to RTFM (Read The ****ing Manual) to avoid asking me stupid questions that the manual answers.

About the car...
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am GTA
Year: 1989
Engine: 5.7 L, 350 V8

Features:
Dual exhaust
700R4 transmission
WS6 suspension package

Upgrades:

K&N Air Filter
Shift Kit (Gear ratios unknown right now, but I tell you, it's NOT OEM! )
3.5" Y-Pipe
(2) Dynomax catalytic converters
3" Intermediate pipe
Dynomax "Super Turbo" muffler
Dunlop Sport 4000 tires (250/50/16, Z-rated)
2.5" tailpipes

J

------------------
Hate not me. Hate your weakness.

[This message has been edited by GTA-Force (edited July 19, 2001).]
Old 07-19-2001, 10:17 AM

GTA Force-What color is your GTA?
Old 07-19-2001, 10:35 AM

OK, well, where to start?

I'm 37, Scorpio(!) which says more about me than I could write, finishing up my last 50 days in the Navy, retiring after 20 blood-sucking years.

Currently divorcing my 2nd wife, luckily, we're splitting as friends, we just make lousy spouses ( Looking for a new place to live (must...have...garage...!) and another job, and finishing up my last year of school (BSEE!!) Yeah, I know, that's not nearly enough stress in my life!

I've owned 4 Trans-Ams and 1 Firebird (that still spanked every Camaro/Rust-stain it ran against! Gotta love a "cop chip"!!) I'm currently looking for a "car chick"!! Someone who enjoys cars as much as I do, I know, good freakin' luck!!

I have always had a passion for redheads (thanks to Teresa Arthur in 8th grade!) and even though both of my spouses are reds, I'll still probably end up with another (am I a glutton for punishment, or what??!!!)

I have a tendency to believe the best in someone, until they give me reason otherwise; I trust too much, love too much, work too much, study not enough, and am so-o-o-o tired of being poor.

My likes: My car(s) of course!! My Hot-Wheels collection, Amber Ales (hey, beer is food!), coffee (with fu-fu creames too!) ANY type of chocolate! holding hands, watching my Saturday car-shows jogging on the treadmill! Anything by Dream Theater, and I think that Rob Thomas and Danny Elfman are the most under-rated song writers of our day!

My dislikes: Prejudice, and stereo-typing in general. (With so many reasons to hate someone on an individual, customized basis, why hate a generality?!!) People who try to push my buttons, just because they can.

My pet peeves: people driving slow in the left lane, people in front of me, period! People who can't spell, and don't bother using anything resembling good grammar!! "Baby On Board" stickers. Overpriced items, just for a name-brand (except for Husky and Craftsman, I'll buy those any day!)

I read and try to learn SOMETHING everyday. My granddad (Pa-Pa, I miss you terribly!) said "when you stop learning stuff, you might as well go ahead and die, because you're not living! I also credit him with: "You only go around once in life, but if you do it right, once is all you need!" What a great man he was!! Well, still is, lives in my heart! (BTW, Demon, that post was awesome, I sent it to everyone I know!!)

Anybody know of a decent (very inexpensive, at least until I make better money!) place to live, so I can get out of the place I'm at now?
Anybody know where a senior elex tech/EE student can get a job?!!!
Anybody know a cute "car chick" that's available?

Oh, well, I guess I've bored you enough for now, I know there's alot I _haven't_ put in there, but maybe if you ask nicely, I'll add to it later!!
Old 07-19-2001, 11:12 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 82Zee28:
GTA Force-What color is your GTA?</font>
Red.

J
Old 07-19-2001, 03:02 PM
Supreme Member

My turn I guess,

My name is Lance and I am a caraholic. I have an alter-ego that sometimes posts on this board under the name Hugger3.

I have 2 thirdgen Camaros, my blue '86 Camaro sport coupe that many of you have seen, and my orange '88 IROC that none of you have seen, since I just bought it.

I am currently in the process of a multi-year engine swap into my '86. Awhile back I purchased a big block 502 (early style 440 horse) and that is what is going in. If I can ever get the money together to buy a T-56 tranny, the swap won't take long to finish. Like Qwktrip, the exhaust is one of my biggest quandries, and I'm still not sure what I am going to do. I am building this as a driver/showcar, not a drag car. I have purchased and plated many billet parts for under the hood, as well as almost everything else needed to complete the swap. When you look under my hood almost everything will be either blue or chrome.

However, it is hard to get the money together for the tranny when I keep spending it other directions. As I stated above I just purchased an '88 IROC which is going to be my new daily driver. Don't plan on dumping a whole lot of money into it, but I am making it quite decent. Paint and interior work are the main things. I also just put a new 200-4R overdrive tranny into my current daily driver '67 Olds 442.

Here is a list of my cars, starting with the oldest (This list doesn't include my company trucks or cars):

1959 Chevy Viking
1963 Chevy Nova 400
1967 Oldsmobile 442
1968 Hurst/Olds
1970 Camaro
1986 Camaro
1988 IROC-Z

As to me, well I am the owner/partner of a construction company. I am in my mid-thirties, single, and recently available again. I am currently trying to purchase 300 acres up near Mt. Hood, but don't know where that is going to go yet. I enjoy my cars (obviously) and going to car shows with friends, flying private aircraft, skydiving, Elk hunting, hiking, and other outdoor recreations. I do my families genealogy as one of my hobbies, and have traced almost all of my lines into the 1600's or earlier. Family is everything. I spend huge amounts of time with my nephews and niece, since I don't have any children of my own unfortunately (I had one son who died). Some of you have met my nephew Skyler, whom I take to car shows with me. He just turned 6 the other day. I collect 1:18 scale diecast cars (with nearly 300, I am running out of wall space in my garage) as well as all scales of Muscle Machines plus any other diecast that catches my fancy, old books (especially history books, its amazing how differently people used to view the world) from the 1800s and earlier, and stereoview slides (kind of like viewmaster, but from the 1800's). I read hard science fiction when I get the chance.

I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Arizona in Tucson, so YES I do think I'm a rocket scientist! I am on several NASA advisory committees, mainly dealing with policy decisions regarding future missions to Mars. I am also a charter member of the Mars Society, and an active advocate of human colonization of the red planet. Being a part of the space program was always what I wanted to do (that and flying), but my timing was off. I was supposed to work at KSC on Shuttle fueling systems starting in the summer of '86, but unfortunately there was the Challenger disaster (which I watched live from JPL). Then with the economy the way it was, and the defense industry laying off thousands of engineers, I decided to move back to Oregon and go into partnership with my father in his business. Sometimes I regret my decisions, as I'm not where I wanted to be in my life, but then again things could be a lot worse. I enjoy working for myself, and living in the NW.

My music tastes run the gambit from classical to current rock. Not much for country, even though my car was in the Brooks & Dunn video. My brother listens to country, so I've learned to tolerate it, and some of it is even pretty good, but you won't find a country station on my presets. I don't like rap either, especiall gangsta rap. I used to play in a rock band back in my college days in Arizona, and have been thinking about starting playing again.

I like Long Island iced teas.

As to the future... who knows? I've been seriously considering purchasing a fully restored '65 GTO convertible, and will probably pick up another thirdgen or two within the next year due to the current low prices (most likely a teal convertible and a blue 5.7 IROC if I can find them). I've also been looking at 34 Fords, especially 3 window coupes. I really want to pick up some property so that I can put up a large pole building to finish my projects and store my cars. I really would like to settle down and have a family, but have yet to find the right person, and have been wondering lately if I ever will.
Old 07-19-2001, 04:12 PM
Supreme Member

lance is an alien rocket scientist... holy shyt!!
Old 07-19-2001, 04:50 PM
TGO Supporter

Engine: 5.7L V8
Transmission: 700R4
My Car(s):
1989 Firebird Formula 350, white hardtop. It's in Reader's Rides
1987 Firebird V6, red t-tops, GTA seats, it's going to be for sale soon.

Previous vehicles:
1956 ****** Utility Wagon. Damn, I wish I never sold that car, but I had to pay for school. I put so much time and effort into it. It was almost on the road when I had to sell it. I sold it to a guy who just got out of jail in Ontario, and was starting a new life out West. He was a really nice guy.

1986 Honda Civic 4-door. It was my sister's old car but she needed to upgrade, so I got the hand-me-downs. It was a great car, I learned to drive stick on it. Eventually the floor rusted out so I sold it and got my red Bird.

About me:
I'm 21 years old, born and raised in Coquitlam, BC. My birthday is March 6, 1980, a Pisces. I'm an Electrical Engineering student at UBC, so I spend half my time living in residence/basement suites during the school year, and at my parents place for the rest.

I'm living the typical university student life, working my butt off in the summer to pay for school in the fall. Work hard and party hard during the school year. The Engineers at UBC keep the breweries quite busy I'm sure. Eventually I'll have enough saved to take a backpacking trip to Europe. I've been to France once with my junior high, and I would love to go back on my own.

I spent a lot of my life on or around the ocean, since my parents have a cabin on Nelson Island, on the Sunshine Coast near Sechelt. I like sailing, fishing, wakeboarding, all that stuff. My dad and I built a 14ft boat with a 9.9 horse on the back called 'Tuesday'. My dad has a boat called 'Ramboat', it's a 1969 Landing Craft: Vehicle/Personnel. We've spent a lot of time fixing it up, it looks really good now. My neighbour and I built a cabin for it. Think 'Saving Private Ryan' if you want to know what it looks like.

I am a computer nerd. I run Linux at home all the time and have converted several friends to the cause. I volunteer for Linux installfests/community events, etc. It's a really great operating system and it suits me perfectly. My specialty is the Gimp (www.gimp.org), a graphics program. I'm the author of 'Gimp Essential Reference', published by New Riders. I work as a programmer right now but I want to get into hardware eventually. Working at GM doing control systems/ECMs would be a dream job.

I listen to all kinds of music (well, except for country. ugh). My top 5 favourite bands would be (in no particular order) Metallica, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Sabbath, and Radiohead. I like techno/house stuff like DJ Mark Farina, Orbital, Underworld. I like old school rap like NWA. I love hard rock stuff like Anthrax, Rage, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Deftones, etc.

I'm the last male to carry the Harford name for as far back as we can trace, so there is a lot of pressure to reproduce. I have a girlfriend (a redhead ) that I have been with for the past 4 years. My family plays a big part in my life, I have two 3 year old nephews (twins) that I love. One has cerebral palsy, the other one has attitude enough for the both of them. We build elaborate train sets that go all over the living room. I can tell you more than you ever want to know about Thomas the Tank Engine.

My two favourite TV shows right now are Junkyard Wars and Family Guy. Try and find the 'Sexual Harassment' episode of Family Guy, I have never laughed so hard in my life. Stuie (sp?) is the best.
Old 07-19-2001, 05:43 PM
Supreme Member

My name is Seth Burton. I am 17, I live in Medford Oregon. I own a 1982 Camaro Berlinetta, and a couple things **** me off about it.
1. People think that all lower end or earlier third gens are crappy.
2. People who own early third gens and lower end camaros who do nothing to change these people's opinions (GFX, washing it, fixing things when they break).
I am heterosexual (i like women), and i have 2 ***** right next to each other inside of a handy carrying pouch. I will be in my senior year of high school this year and turn 18 in december. my other car is a toyota corolla, a 3speed 85 horsepower beast.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:23 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Demon Z28:
lance is an alien rocket scientist... holy shyt!! </font>
Yeah, and my favorite episode of Twilight Zone is To Serve Mankind. Think about it
Old 07-19-2001, 10:09 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
Holy **** Demon, some of that was more than I needed to know. I now know you better than most of friends. Btw, DWIII is by far the best RPG of all time.

My name is Dave. Hi guys! I'm 20, capricorn. Male. Uhm.. 6'1 170lbs (I've got a weight advantage over you guys! muahaha). Red hair, brown eyes. Can bench press my own weight (lol how many can say that).

My dad got me into cars, which thank God he set me on the right path with GM. When he was my age he had a 68 427 Roadster Vette and a 68 Camaro. He also had an 87 t-top Cutlass which he heavily modified. He beat every mudstain and most vettes with it. Right now he owns a 300hp 93 Cadillac STS.

I work at a dead end job right now that doesnt pay enough, but I'm going to BCIT in September for Computer Systems Technology so thats why I decided to get a gas guzzling 5.7L f-body . Since I have to pay my own way through school, people might not think that was wise but I want it all dammit!

I used to be hardcore into video games, and was a pro Quake 2 player at one time I've been into programming in the past, but I'm not a hax0r like AlexJH.

I listen to Rock 101, which satisfies my classic rock tastes of zeppelin, sabbath, doors, and others. I'm going to see Pantera on the 26th. They're one of my favorite bands which I've been totally into since 96. I also like Faith No More, Alice In Chains, and some mellower stuff. Has to be real rock though with soulful guitar solos and the like. Metallica sucks *** .

------------------
89 GTA - L98, Black on Black Leather, T-Tops

RIP: 87 Camaro Sport Coupe
Old 07-19-2001, 10:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by matlock:
Metallica sucks *** .</font>

Old 07-19-2001, 10:33 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
Haha they do! Pre-black album rocks though.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:40 PM

Agreed.

<-----Post #100. Woo Hoo!

[This message has been edited by 82Zee28 (edited July 19, 2001).]
Old 07-19-2001, 10:45 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 82Zee28:
<-----Post #100. Woo Hoo!
</font>
9 away from 6,500....how's that SummerGirl.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:54 PM

If only I could've kept that user name. I wouldn't be soo far behind you.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Well well here we goooo.......

Basic stuff: I'm a 19 year old guy, I currently reside in one of the most boring towns ever Mt. Vernon.. ~6'1" 160 lbs (:: stands up and takes a bow as the skinny bastard of the Cascade Crew :: that is untill Doug posts is weight )

Car(s): 1989 Firebird which looks like will soon belong to Crista.. and a 1988 Trans Am GTA which is my future sleeper that will be powered by a 400+n HP 400 t-56 etc...

More stuff and uhhh stuff... I still have a an outline of my sunglasses tanned onto my face which is slowly fading. I work 2 jobs right now, 1 with my dad durring the week and another at a Casino being paid to drive other peoples cars (valet ) I hate honda's and ford's with a passion.. I used to like Mudstains and stuff but have since my younger days realized that real style and power lies in the camp of the General. I will always own a 'Bird and plan to have the GTA a long long long time and pair up either a 30th aniversarry Trans Am or a Black LS1 WS6 Trans Am... I have expensive tastes when it comes to toys - all the wonderfull GM products I love so much, Pro Tournament Ski boats, etc.... Its a good think I'm goin into a field where there is lots of money to be maid (computers hehehe)

I would be the kind of guy who lives in a dinky *** little house with the GTA in the driveway and then open the garage to find a new WS6 or Vette and a nice Ski boat and then the small house makes sense.

The Cascade Crew is what keeps me sane living with my ford obsessed anti GM agrivating little borther. Like Aaron says I wouldn't trade you guys for the world, everone I have had the pleasure of meeting in person I have enjoyed the company of very much and look foreward to future meetings and talking to ya'll online. The only music you'll find in my cd collection is Rock, Alice Cooper to Ozzy to AC DC to Metallica all the good stuff.. Newer rock sucks royally though if you ask me... Judas Priest new singer sucks, Ozzy is no longer worth seeing live (I saw part of Ozzfest and say no way... The Live and Loud album sucks and had every song totally butchered save a few - nothing beats the Tribute Album which is live with Randy Rhoads) Alice cooper is definitely worth seeing live and I really want to - The PPV we taped was just too cool. The radio in the GTA is set to 99.9 (play all my favorite rock and classic rock) and doesn't change unless I'm in Eastern washington.

Dude Lance is a pilot!! Cool!! Gonna take me flying sometime?

Jess
Old 07-19-2001, 11:17 PM

Okay ill play to. Been reading everyone elses, age not telling, ive always lived in washington, except i moved to south eastern oregon a year and a few months ago,came back here a month ago, to much snow there. met the most wonderful guy in the world while i was there, just got married in may. My car is a 86 trans am I thought it was a gta but its just a good fake! I also have a 69 Lemans that i have been restoring for three years thats my baby!!! I repair fiberglass on boats. Havent got to drive the TA except when i drove it down to oregon.Need to license and insure it, then i have to give my daughter some good excuses why she cant drive it!!! Just waiting for the good old IRS to send me M.O.N.E.Y. then ill be putting on some miles on the TA.I had the engine rebuilt before i took it to oregon it only has 800 miles on the rebuild. Need to really break it in!
Old 07-19-2001, 11:46 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crusader:
Dude Lance is a pilot!! Cool!! Gonna take me flying sometime? </font>
Sure. Note that I also like to skydive. Hope you can land
Old 07-20-2001, 12:07 AM

You'll just have to teach me to land then!
Old 07-20-2001, 12:54 AM
Supreme Member

hehe the skinny bastard huh? i am 17 and i am 6 foot 4, 170 pounds. anyone can top that?
Old 07-20-2001, 01:32 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crusader:
~6'1" 160 lbs (:: stands up and takes a bow as the skinny bastard of the Cascade Crew :: that is untill Doug posts is weight )
</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by unknown_host:
hehe the skinny bastard huh? i am 17 and i am 6 foot 4, 170 pounds. anyone can top that?</font>
I'm in on this one...
5'9" 120lbs... I wish Wrangler made a 26" waist other than student. These 27 inchers are going to fall off.
EDIT: You two are still in your teens with a few more growing years ahead of you. I'm 28 and eat everything I can find.

[This message has been edited by 87RS402 (edited July 19, 2001).]
Old 07-20-2001, 01:44 AM

Wow...looks like I'll add to this lovely "tell all" session.
Uh...hmmm...I'm 20 (just turned the 25th of June, thank you very much)6'5, 180.
I've lived up here a lot of my life, but moving back to Colorado to be with my fiance...yeah, I'm just waitin for some of you old fogies to tell me I'm too young to be engaged
I got three hunks of junk that resemble vehicals...82 Toyota 4x4 (I'm I allowed to mention an import???), 89 Dodge shadow, and my newly purchased 84 Z28. The F-body is my newest project, I've already managed to get a 383 stroker in it with a nice turbo 400 to match. Yeah, it hauls Everything else is stock, cept the stereo (go figure)
I'm a sailboat instructer, certified in all sorts of car crap, and love my video games. Spend my weekends crusin and racin of the line, and my weekdays fixing everything I broke on the weekend!!!! (it never ends)
I'm planning a nitrous upgrade, haven't decided the hit rate yet, and plan to finish the Edelbrock upgrade with the RPM power package. Plan on racing in Vandemere when I get back to Denver.
Have a job on the side working for a newly sponsored pit crew as well. Fun stuff
Old 07-20-2001, 04:51 PM

Well I guess I'll go ahead and start.

My name is John Chamberlain and I live in Vancouver, WA. I have a 2 year old son and a wife we got married on June 23rd of this year. I am 6'3" and weigh around 160 lbs. I have black hair and brown eyes and am Peurto Rican. I have a 1984 Camaro Sports Coupe that is about to lsoe the rest of its guts. I will be putting a 383 stroker with some nitrous (Not sure what size spray yet) Weiand stealth intake and some sort of new cam. Will be putting headers and porting heads and intake. I hope to have it running by next summer. This will be put to the wheels by a T-5 I'm planning on having looked at and reinforced if possible. Uhhhh.. what else.... I've been a member of the crew since it's inception and was at the first gathering along with Lance and Doug and a few others (Back when the crew was on Thirdgen exclusively) uhh.. I work at an electronics contract manufacturer called silicon forest electronics. I make a crappy 9 bucks an hour.

Oh yeah My Neon was broken into last night and the ****ed up my door, broke a little piece of glass that costs 468 bucks to fix and stole my stereo and sunglasses. That's about it.

------------------
John Chamberlain
1984 Sport Coupe Camaro, 1979 350. Dynomax 2 3/4" cat back single in dual out muffler. Have Heads, Weiand Stealth intake. Sonn swapping in a manual and redoing the interior! (Soon as in now )
Old 07-20-2001, 04:54 PM

Car: '96 M3
Engine: 3.2L V-6
Transmission: 5-sp
Hello everyone! I'm all over the boards, but this is my first time checking out the Cascade crew site. I'm in Enumclack & have a sweet '91 RS with a sweeter stereo. I don't have time to write a book, just wanted to say HI. HI!

------------------
'91 RS 3.1
SSM SFC's
Energy Susp. Hyper-flex kit
GTA Sway bars
Clarion, Phoenix Gold, JL Audio, etc.
Quote "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
- George Carlin
Old 07-20-2001, 05:57 PM

age 20
height 6.3
weight 245lbs

I played football for my highschool,i skateboard,i love cruising and bumping the tunes also can't stop listening to the new D12 awesome cd.Far too much energy havn't gotten laid in 4 months.But plan on changing that at this wicked party im going to tonight.I drink far too much beer.I have a compulsive disorder i wash my car far too much just bugging about the disorder.

Car
Arctic white 1987 GTA
mods in sig
Needs new exhaust manifold gasket cause she's leaking exhaust,new alternator coming soon ,stereo drains it too much.
Stereo
2 spl 3 way 6*9's that cost me 300$, one infinty 10" sub peak wattage is 1400 only running 300 watts with my Kenwood amp.Pioneer Premier 45*4 watts with remote and EQ.Front speakers are stock but they keep up.

------------------
1987 Trans AM GTA
305 5SPD
Hypertech airfoil
gutted maf
kn filter
High Flow Cat,
3"Walker pipe
Dynomax Super turbo Muffler
TB Coolant bypass
Lubricated by Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic
Old 07-26-2001, 08:22 PM

Hey, there isn't much to tell you about me considering I don't have a car but I guess I could tell you a little bit

Age - 14 years
Car that I want - hopefully a 91 or 92 Camaro Z28. ttops. white and then maybe later on I could paint it yellow since I don't see very many yellow camaro's on the road. I am related to Roshambo(joe) hehe.. and if there is anything else you want me to add just tell me ....

------------------
*~Z28Chick~*
Old 07-27-2001, 02:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Recaro Option T/A
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3:27 Borg Warner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by REZN8R:
Hello everyone! I'm all over the boards, but this is my first time checking out the Cascade crew site. I'm in Enumclack & have a sweet '91 RS with a sweeter stereo. I don't have time to write a book, just wanted to say HI. HI!

</font>
Welcome to the crew, I was wondering when you would show up

Don
(Fellow Enumscratcher)

------------------
1985 T/A WS6
Recaro Seats
58,000 smiles
TPI T-Tops
3:27 Posi
My Ride
Old 07-27-2001, 02:28 PM

Car: '96 M3
Engine: 3.2L V-6
Transmission: 5-sp
Alright! We'll have to set up a crew meeting out here. Nothing like hundreds of 3rd gen's swarming the streets of our peaceful little town.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:35 PM

my turn! my name's kara. i don't own a car at the present moment...well...i do...*shamefull look* it's an 82 brown honda accord complete with rust spots. *sigh* i told you guys i know nothing about cars! i bought it from a friend because i felt bad. but anyways! i'm trying to get rid of it and buy my other friends white nova! woo-hoo! i can tell you all are beyond jealous. don't worry...it's not the same friend and i know this car.

besides that, i'm usually a student out at SWOCC/ the university of empire. i'm 19 and am going to be 20 in november. i'm kinda interested in being a teacher or marring a rich doctor

i'm a scorpio and i enjoy partaking in
clogging and fine needle work. when i'm feeling especially energetic i like to wrap my sister up in toilet paper and see how many dresses i can get in one roll.

seriously though...i like art..music, drawing, poetry...all that sensitve junk. my favorite passtimes include making trouble *evil grin*, shopping, swimming, riding elevators up and down for a long period of time, astrology and astronomy ( i got a thing for stars).

i could go on more...but it said just tell a "bit" about youself. so there ya go! hope this made your day. it made mine

------------------
*~ Kara ~*
(too cute for you ^_~ )
Old 07-28-2001, 01:37 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roxy7701:
hope this made your day. it made mine
</font>
Oh, I see how it is. This made your day and seeing me today was just.. Bleh huh?

Lets see, I guess since Ive been around in the CC since the Vancouver Gathering. Im on my 2nd 3rdgen. My first was a 1982 Z28, good first car, and it helped with getting me more interested in 3rdgens. I bought my 1988 T/A the 1st of March. Its fully loaded complete with all power options, including leather and digital dash.

I live on the Oregon coast about 80 miles from the california border, and where I sit now, Im 1 mile from the pacific. The "town" I live in actually has a population of about 25 or so, but, it has no zip code, so Im listed as a Langlois resident. Check your Oregon maps for "Denmark" and thats where I live.

I thought I wanted to become an auto technician, specializing in either engines or chasis. But, the more I think about it, the happier I would be as a photographer, so, Im going to hopefully be taking Photography and Journalism classes this fall. My most recent pics can be seen @ <a href="https://www.thirdgen.org/messgboard/Forum2/HTML/002860.html">https://www.thirdgen.org/messgboard/Forum2/HTML/002860.html</a> or <a href="http://www.cascadecrew.org/pictures/Roshambo">http://www.cascadecrew.org/pictures/Roshambo</a> Well, my train of thought has left me.. thats what talking to Aaron does to you.

-Roshambo
Old 07-28-2001, 07:30 PM

Hayadoin? What's up everybody?

My name's Jason (Jay). I've been popping up here and there on these boards for about a year or so. I like guitars and fast cars, fast cars with guitars, and fast guitars in my cars. I've been with my usually lovely girlfriend for six years and my usually lovely (yeah, in my dreams) Z28 for about a year and a half, minus the last four months.

Which brings me to the car part of my reply.

WHAT I'VE DONE TO MY CAR: Well, I've kicked it a couple times, that's for damn sure. I own an 85 Z (its one of those o so rare yellow(ish) ones) with the LG4 305. I just got my car back 2 days ago after I blew the head gaskets, cracked a head and collapsed the rings in 3 of the cylinders four months ago. My uncle, stepdad and myself swapped in another 305 last weekend (WOW!! what a task!) and I am stoked to finally have it back so I can spend all my time and $$$ working on it again. Now if I could just pass emissions...

Sure wish I had a 350 IROC to play with. Oh' that's right, I'm poor. Nevermind. Not forever, though. Only a couple more years. I work for a small delivery service you might have heard of... big brown vans, a bunch of goons in brown unis. UPS. They pay exactly d**k to start off but the drivers can make bank. Just takes time and patience.

Anyway, if you're in the Tacoma/Snakewood area keep an eye out for me pushin' my beeotch (the car, I mean) down the street. If ya see me, be sure to at least honk and wave as you roll by!

Peace out ~J~
the "Witchdr"

------------------
`85 Z28
Bosch Platinum +4s & a nice stereo
Otherwise stock.

Don't ever be: Found On Road Dead!
Old 07-28-2001, 09:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Recaro Option T/A
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3:27 Borg Warner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by REZN8R:
Alright! We'll have to set up a crew meeting out here. Nothing like hundreds of 3rd gen's swarming the streets of our peaceful little town.</font>
Sounds like a plan REZ, there is nothing that would be more cool than to have my front lawn filled with the crew's rides.

I might as well chip in and say a few words....
I have lived here almost 3 years, Im a mouse jock who designs attachments for heavy equipment on a NT CAD station. I work at Weldco Beales:
http://www.weldco-beales.com
I also do light IS work for the small group of CAD users at work, Administrators rule
I bought my first PC 10 years ago and like to tinker with them. That PC was a 486SLC 25,
I have built them for myself since. I like beta testing software, I have Windows XP Profesional on my wife's PC and It rocks. We are networked and share my cable connect through ICS. Windows XP will be the next OS from MS. Im also beta testing Autodesk Inventor 5, another CAD program.

I have toured Microsoft and seen the inside of the beast, something that would not have happened if I still lived in CA. I enjoy online gaming and have won some cool stuff playing games I enjoy, one being Microsoft Fighter Ace. I like combat sims like Counter Strike and Combat Flight Simulator. ( I flew a Cessna 152 after high school, got a student pilots cert)

I met my wife in a locked psych ward and we have been married for 15 years. (we were staff not residents !)
We have a 13yr old daughter and 11 year old son. I will help coach my sons football team this year. My wife is assistant coach for the local swim team where my daughter is probably the best swimmer on the team She gets it from the old man who has swam competitively from age 5 till I turned 18.

The Trans Am is my pride and Joy, most who have seen it say its the cleanest 3rd gen they have ever seen (I always tell them they havent seen the rest of the crew's rides)
It is a low miler and I intend to keep it that way. I will start to show it soon in the stock class maybe, Im allowed 3 mods max.
More than the usual Trans Am, this one has most of the top options including the new TPI motor and the rare of the rarest Recaro seats.

Although a fan of ponchos from way back,
I came to this group a newbie and have met some great people who have helped me in many ways.

Don

------------------
1985 T/A WS6
Recaro Seats
58,000 smiles
TPI T-Tops
3:27 Posi
My Ride

[This message has been edited by 85 T/A WS6 (edited July 28, 2001).]
Old 07-28-2001, 11:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi
Y'all know me already! OK, for the new folks:

My name is John
I am 31 and married
I have a house in Tacoma
I work for Coca-Cola
I current ride is a '91 RS
I have owned 7 Camaros (in order):
1982 SC
1980 SC
1983 Z28
1985 Z28
1994 SC
1991 RS
1968 SC
I own a few guns (I live in Tacoma)
I am in a band called Reverend (old school metal)
I used to play bass for a thrash band called Faustus
I like to drive really fast (can't do that in the RS!)
I have DSL, but am forced to use this crappy ITV 'til AT&T fixes it!!!
Thats about it for now!

------------------
'91 Camaro RS - dark red metallic - '91-'92 Z28 wheels - leather - all power options (except power seat) - t-tops - Clarion head unit - Pioneer 4way 200watt 6x9s - Rockford Fosgate Punch amp and 2 Fosgate 12" subs - Edelbrock open element w/ K&N filter - Random Technology highflow cat - some free mods, more coming soon...
Old 07-29-2001, 11:08 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RSFreak:
I own a few guns (I live in Tacoma)
I used to play bass ...
I have DSL, but am forced to use this crappy ITV 'til AT&T fixes it
</font>
If you live in Tacoma you're going to need a few more.
I don't claim to "play" bass. I admit I am murdering the damn thing.
I just got my DSL fixed yesterday! WooHoo!

[This message has been edited by 87RS402 (edited July 29, 2001).]
Old 07-29-2001, 08:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 87RS402:
If you live in Tacoma you're going to need a few more.
I don't claim to "play" bass. I admit I am murdering the damn thing.
I just got my DSL fixed yesterday! WooHoo!

[This message has been edited by 87RS402 (edited July 29, 2001).]
</font>
Tacoma isn't that bad (just don't accidentally wander into Hilltop!)

Are you in a band? What kind of music do you like?

DSL rules! ITV... well, to quote Bart Simpson, "I didn't think it was possible, but this both sucks and blows!"

-John

------------------
'91 Camaro RS - dark red metallic - '91-'92 Z28 wheels - leather - all power options (except power seat) - t-tops - Clarion head unit - Pioneer 4way 200watt 6x9s - Rockford Fosgate Punch amp and 2 Fosgate 12" subs - Edelbrock open element w/ K&N filter - Random Technology highflow cat - some free mods, more coming soon...

[This message has been edited by RSFreak (edited July 29, 2001).]
Old 07-29-2001, 11:29 PM
Supreme Member

I like all kinds of music. Anything from country to some of the new stuff. about the only things i've got down are some scales and the intro to smoke on the water. Your going to have to come down to the gathering at joe's and I'll bring my bass (don't laugh it's an Ibanez) maybe you can teach me something interesting.

The last two weeks I've been slouching along on a borrowed 28.8 modem. I love my DSL. the rest of you guys (and girls) don't know what your missing.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:45 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 87RS402:
... the rest of you guys (and girls) don't know what your missing.</font>
I now know what I have been missing all that time

Jess

Quick Reply: Everyone Tell Everyone else a bit about yourselves!!!