Pacific Region Regional board for Pacific Third Gen owners.

Howzit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 TTA
Engine: LC2
Transmission: Worn-out 200R4
Axle/Gears: BW 9-bolt, 3.27's
Howzit?

Hey guys,

It's been a looooong time since I've checked in here... I have a baby now, already six months old, Ashley Victoria. I'llhave to find hte picture of her messing around with her daddy in the TTA. She didn't like all the noise, though, started getting fussy. I guess those Buick engines run a bit rough for the average baby's taste.

Speaking of which, it lives, but it isn't legal right now. Turned in the plates quite some time ago so I could focus on other concerns, but I still start it up and let it run for a good twenty minutes or so. If I feel adventurous, I stick it in gear and go around the cul de sac a few times to keep the tranny seals from rotting. Brakes are bad, though. I think my rear pads are dragging on the discs. Probably need to get new brake pads all around anyway, and re-surface all the discs. Hopefully I don't need new calipers.

I had been using it as a daily driver for a time, but the MAF died. Buick MAF sensors can run up to 250 bucks for a remanufactured stock unit that may not even be calibrated correctly. I wasn't about to do that, si I went with an LS1 MAF and a Translator and all the needed hose fittings to make it work. Now the car runs again! I also have a Scanmaster I have still yet to plug in. I also have a pillar pod, boost/vac gauge (the stock unit is not very accurate) and knock indicator that need to get installed.

Neighbor across the cul de sac has a cherry-looking '89 base model with the aero package. I had thought they weren't installing the GFX on base cars until '90, but I guess I was wrong. Naturally, the '89 is an LB8/automatic. It doesn't seem to move much, just like mine...

There's alo a primer gray '91 or '92 base model (doesn't sound like a V8 anyway) somwhere in housing, we pass by each other sometimes. I'm driving a beater 1990 Mazda 323 now - couldn't find a cheap Sunbird as a daily driver...