Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

fabrication, all turbo guys inside!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 camaro
Engine: its stock honest :)
Transmission: 700r4 soon to be t56
fabrication, all turbo guys inside!

hey guys,
well ime ive got some decisions to make about what route ill be taking for forced induction. ime really attracted to the turbocharging idea, mainly because (after changing my induction system) its very versatile and has many possibilities, but here goes.

tell me how this sounds and whether or not it sounds feesable.. bbsdesign serpentine turbo headers, $575, t7/ .84 'p' trim turbo $500, good blow off valve and wastegate. i have headers and a flowtech y pipe, ime sure that i can leave the y pipe and passenger header and have an exhaust place just weld all the flanges up, the bbsd header looks like it joins right where the drivers side header joins to the y pipe, not going for exact fit, but minimal fabrication cost. i think it could work. then have them do a down pipe.

or...get a jet supercharger for $830 new and $100 for the bracket and whatever.

i know the supercharger will be cheaper, but it doesn't have the advantages the turbo has. if the fabrication is going to be a b**ch then i dunno if the tubo will be worth it.

please chime in, do turbos work well in 3rd gens, ime on a reasonably small budget but i have good mechanic skills and i have a shop where i can work on the car. intake piping, how easy was it and do any of you guys know what kind of kit/lengh pipes ill need? i need help guys... thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 camaro
Engine: its stock honest :)
Transmission: 700r4 soon to be t56
oh well, hope this works out...