Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

attn:procharged89z w/in....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 11:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
attn:procharged89z w/in....

o.k.
i have the fuel pump installed and wired...i have the aftercooler mounted and all the tract installed...battery moved...horn moved...now i'm triyng to install the washer bottle, but just can't seem to make the brackets fit to mount the bottle....you wouldn't happen to have any good pics of this do ya???
or any of you other procharger customers...i'm stupid i guess...I need pictures!!!!

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
88 IROC 5.7L,edelbrock TES,random tech cat,borla exhaust,chip,sfc,accel wires,airfoil,k&n's,ETC..
and soon to be supercharged
http://maniac.megamania.com
Old 10-08-2000, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry,Maniac If I could post pictures It still wouldnt do any good.I never put it in,just clean my window with a rag and Windex.It was never a daily driver so it wasent importent to me.Sorry,if Im no help here,I have a favor to ask you,I need to replace the power steering hose that comes with the kit,could you throw me out the part# ,thankyou.What do you think of the kit so far?One other thing on the install,the two smaller bolts that mount the head unit are to long,they are 1 inch long,I got 3/4 long they now tightn down.I installed everything yesterday,and the new setup fits nice,looks real good,Maniac please post some pictures since I have no way to do it .What rib belt are you running Maniac?I run the 12 rib,Im not familer with the belt options on the D1SC.Fill me in on your thoughts.Thanks
Old 10-08-2000, 05:17 PM

i'm running the 12rib belt also....but with the 10# pulley, (4.00")...ati is supposed to be sending the right pulley and the updated tensioner bracket...i asked dorion @ ati about the way the head unit sits on the bracket....he said the drain (hex head) should be pointing down...when my unit is bolted up to the bracket, the drain looks to be pointing to about the 8'oclock position...
hope this doesnt hurt the oil sling effect in the unit...
the part number you wanted is 357010, brand---GATES hose.
thanks for your help,

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
88 IROC 5.7L,edelbrock TES,random tech cat,borla exhaust,chip,sfc,accel wires,airfoil,k&n's,ETC..

[This message has been edited by maniacc (edited October 08, 2000).]

Old 10-08-2000, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2000 Trans Am
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Wow that looks pretty cool!!

------------------
-86 IROC
Vortech stuffed EFI 406 in progress
-=ICON Motorsports=-
Old 10-10-2000, 05:17 AM

Thanks Maniac,Im gonna call ATI about that drain today,thanks for the hose # .Hey Guido,can we intrest you in a D1SC?Yes It does look preety trick the new self contained unit from my old P600B.
Old 10-10-2000, 07:40 AM
Supreme Member

Nah if I upgrade from my S-Trim, it will be to a T-Trim or a turbonetics T76.
Old 10-11-2000, 12:49 AM
Supreme Member

Hey darren, still sending those pics of your coil over?
Old 10-13-2000, 06:14 AM

Maniac.I need your help.Just confirm your belt part# for me,mine is DB650I-12 Gates,this correct?Thanks
Old 10-13-2000, 02:28 PM

yeppers....that's the same belt that i have...

btw...ati has received my head unit...hopefully i will get it back early next week...i just hope the weather up here holds out so i can do alittle test drive...

also....where did you plumb the vacuum line into for the FMU???

later,

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-14-2000, 10:54 AM

one other thing darren,

I have changed my pulleys back too the originals and installed the blower pulley and blower bracket...but it doesnt look like the idlers line up with crank pulley...but before i try anything i want install the head unit...if it don't fit, i think i'll call ATI and try to find out who is in charge over there and give him/her quite an earful!!!! I really think that we should get some kind of a compensation for helping them realize the problem's with their kit...at our expense!!!

I'm sure they probably have some nice jackets or something...that might just help turn my frown into a smile again...

hhmm...maybe i should have just bought a vortech...nah!!!!!!!
later,
larry

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-16-2000, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member

i've talked to a lot of people when i was doing my blower and the best spot for the fmu is the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 10-19-2000, 07:00 AM

Maniac,do you have a pic of the idler pulleys?Mine line up I ran the belt around the whole setup and the belt runs close to the edge of the idlers.But I dont see a problem.Everything else lines up on the bracket.Check for casting flash on your factory brakets.Mines are powdercoated,so I had to wirewheel the mounting points on the braket to the block and it helped.Im gonna email you today on something else with the kit.I sent a email to the president of ATI,about our problems.Cary,the head of sales,called me the same day.He gave me his ext.and told me Ken Jones had spoke with him and the other techs I speak to.He aplogized to me about our problems.They are all going to be working with us on this.They know of the problems and are working to remedy them.Me and you Larry are the first ones to get the kit.See the thing is the kit was designed around the older P600B kits and D1s.Because of the fatter case of the D1SC models this is the problem and the way it has to sit.The kit is so new,the kit was designed on a computer and never installed in a car,a camaro anyway,so the computer goofed on this one,and maybe some engineers Cary made a comment about lynching the engineers,I laughed,not yet anyway.Im very busy Wed,Thurs,but im gonna call Friday.Im a pretty calm individual,I wrote a calm and to the point email,no bashing or rudeness,unlike others with problems with ATI,and I am very happy Ken answered me back with two emails and had Cary, call me and say to me they will do what ever to accomadate us,I like that a lot.He also said they would restart our warrenties when we get our units back.Well Im off.Ill get back to you today.See ya
Old 10-19-2000, 08:19 AM
Supreme Member

You guys might want to talk to Nick88IROC or Nick T (same person) He has had a D1 on his IROC since mid summer now.

He doesnt come here anymore. I think you MIGHT find him on the 3rdgen.org power adder forum. If not, find an old post and email him. I know he has had his on for a while now. I dont know what he had to do to get it there though.
Old 10-19-2000, 08:16 PM

procharged,
I called ATI tuesday and talked too Mike Kromer and talked with him about all the problems...he told me the same computer design story...he also said for my hassle that i could send back my elbow to the throttle body and the piece that goes to the pass. side fender and he would send me chrome pieces back....I called today to let Mike know the tract would be there today and find out about when am i going to get my supercharger back...he said it was ready to ship...so i told him send it next day air...I WANT IT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!but it didn't sound like that was going to happen...ohhh well...

Guido...i believe the oil lined D1 fits on the p600 bracket...I've been known to be wrong on many occasions though...
if you want i did get a couple of pics of the head unit and bracket and stashed them on this website http://www.wwnet.net/~maniac

later dudes,

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-20-2000, 01:33 PM
Supreme Member

How can ATI let something into mass production without it even being tested? If we did that stuff where I work, we'd get shot in the head.

Thats **** poor if you ask me. I will stick with my Vortech.
Old 10-20-2000, 01:50 PM

my sediments exactly guido....

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-20-2000, 05:48 PM

Yes it does suck,but Im not gonna bash ATI at all,they are not ignoring us by any means,people on Z28 board seem to overeact,and make a mountain out of a molehill..Ive had good results with there products and this is all most done.Yes I am not gona dispute the fact of this kit not being up to par but at least they are making a kit for our vehicles.I sent an email to David Adams at Paxton.He said they werent even interested in making a kit for our years,the Novis,WTF,said our carts are not as popular as some.ATI and Vortech does have kits for our cars,but to me it is worth it to get a self cointained system for my car,the technology is amazing and expect Vortech to follow.The competiton is getting good.Just remember our year kits arn't exactly flying off the shelves compared to the mustangs unfortunatly.Oh well.I like my car anyway
Old 10-20-2000, 10:00 PM

Procharged,
I'm not doggin' ATI...I think the the kit is top notch...just wish they would have tried the kit on for size....and not just rely on a computer....

btw....i took off my s/c bracket and made sure that all the surfaces were clean and no casting flashes....then i reinstalled the bracket and it's still not lining up....I'm gonna have to see if the 12-rib blower pulley lines up with the 12-rib crank pulley

later,

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-26-2000, 08:08 PM

Hey procharged, I received my head unit today from ATI...you really need to call me...I have left messages for you at home...I think they might have sent you my head unit..you need to check the serial #...
also...if you could....shoot me over Ken Jones e-mail addy...and don't worry...I won't be rude to him....

Anyway, if anyone wants to checkout some pics of the d1sc installed(for the most part) on my car...checkout my website....I just finished posting a couple of new pics..

------------------
MÅN¡ÅÇ ©
Old 10-27-2000, 01:32 PM

Hey Maniac,I tried to call you today,ring me back.What is your serial #.I too have a different one.