Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

I got a PT88 turbo too!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a PT88 turbo too!!

Ok guys....actually, I'm not sure if it is a "P" T88...I know it is a "T" 88 not sure about the P tho. A friend of mine owns consrtruction comopanies across the country and is also a dealer for large truck parts, etc. He has given me what he called a "T88" turbo BRAND NEW and it looks just like Guido's in his pics. Frankly, I don't know JACK SQUAT about turbo's but have plenty of experience w/ blowers, nitrous, etc. 1. How much is it worth (honestly)? 2. I know its going to be a PITA to put this beeatch in...so I pretty much want to sell it for a blower....or, will it be worth the PITA for this unit? Give me yor opinions guys...please. I think it would be bad to have a turbo car but I am not sure if the benefits will b worth it. 3. Is anyone willing to buy it? 4. Im not a dumbass so don't disrespect me and say $20 or something stupid plz...thanks

------------------
Alex A. (aka chevyboy)
1992 Z-28 L98/1LE. Heritage Edition. SLP runners, gutted cats, SLP 3" cat-back & muffler. 3" flo-tech cut-out, SLP TB foil, K&N filter @ TB, 3.23 posi rear.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you should give it to me. Seriously...the gratification of actually seeing it used and even getting an occational ride in the resulting beast would FAR outstrip any monetary gain. Afterall, in the end money is a very unimportant and fleeting thing. But the smile my car would put on your face..thats permenant.

True I might be giving something up by going from 2 turbos to only one. But I would be willing to sacrafice that, just to help my fellow man find more happiness and reason to live.

------------------
"American made baby. 100% American iron. The muscle among the masses. My hero. Yep, you can take your ergonomically designed, space age, computer controlled, 4 door, cup holding map lighted split double wishbone split fold down retractable cargo covered moon roof piece of transportation and keep it. For I have felt the thunder. And I know the difference!"
JSP Motorsports
ICON Motorsports
Old 11-10-2001, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heheheh jester...actually, you are just the man I'm looking for. Since we are pretty local, I want to know if you would be able to help me get this thing installed....Since you have done all sorts of the needed fabrication, etc...you know what to do, and I am in the dark. Let me know, maybee we can work a deal or something. If not, I will be selling it for a Procharger and some extra pocket cash LOL

------------------
Alex A. (aka chevyboy)
1992 Z-28 L98/1LE. Heritage Edition. SLP runners, gutted cats, SLP 3" cat-back & muffler. 3" flo-tech cut-out, SLP TB foil, K&N filter @ TB, 3.23 posi rear.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol..thats an interesting offer, but projects liek that are so involved, I wouldn't wanna tackle another one. If you're serious about using it I'd watch Guido and basically copy what he does. Probably make more progress alot faster tho by selling it for a blower.

------------------
"American made baby. 100% American iron. The muscle among the masses. My hero. Yep, you can take your ergonomically designed, space age, computer controlled, 4 door, cup holding map lighted split double wishbone split fold down retractable cargo covered moon roof piece of transportation and keep it. For I have felt the thunder. And I know the difference!"
JSP Motorsports
ICON Motorsports