Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Here we go again. 87 Iroc-Z and a Small Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89' T/A, 00' Firehawk
Engine: 406 Roller
Transmission: TH700R4 w/2800 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Posi
Re: Here we go again. 87 Iroc-Z and a Small Turbo.

Cool. Good luck on the rest of the build. I will be taking notes.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Motorcycle

Originally Posted by TwinTurboROC
Yep. Everything was together for a quick test. Took everything apart for some cleanup and paint. My god that **** spooled faster than I expected. Still got to fab up spacers for the ac bracket. I just started a new job so I don't got much time to upload
Pics and write things. As it stands I haven't touched a computer for a week and a half straight. And my pos iPhone doesn't like to upload pics at all. I still have to order a bov, injectors and an ostrich. Oh yeah and I should get my own wideband to. Sad part is after about a week after that its comming apart for some header wrap and heat shielding. I still have some odds and ends to build like a heat shield for the starter and just regular operational ****. It gets toasty under the hood ATM so I have to also get a turbo blanket. But before any of that I got a mini diy brake bend rig (sheet metal bender I want to build. But as usual no time. I'll try to do a small update this weekend. Till then love peace and chicken grease.
How is this build coming?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE TIME!!!! Ok so recently started a new job as I stated before, and its just bonkers and i have not really been behind a computer for about 5 weeks now. Finally got a chance tonight as im doing laundry!

Car is back apart for some more tinkering at this moment.

Here we go

Quick shot showing the spaghetti, take note of the ac lines running along the frame rail and the wire harness going from the alternator to the frame rail.

Cross over pipe all mocked up with spots welds and v bands. This follow the stock crossover route under the oil pan. It does not stick below the k member so its bash proof.

Another shot, that crazy bend and angle was needed to clear the starter, knock sensor, and brake line that runs along the k frame. i got about a 1/4 inch in all directions

This is a front back view, just so you can get a general idea of the routing

Here the k frame to oil pan clearance. Very happy that it live above the danger zone of dents and being ripped off, NY roads are just junk.

Here is the starter area (starter is currently removed). Notice the stock KS location above the pipe. BTW this is set up are a full sized gm can kill a planet starter. I will have to make a heat shield for the starter to be extra cautious. Also no making fun of the belly!

Had to do some quick flange flattening!

And here's the headers and crossover fully welded together with the v bands.
Sorry for the shitty pics, was getting the lack of coffee shakes.

Another
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Ill throw up some more in a few, got to load up the dryer, and track down a tuning file to help another member out.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 PM

OK, continuing on.

Headers bolted down, and cross over installed. Notice the 2 v bands poking out towards the bottom with the motor mount seperating the 2. Like i said before, i could have sneaked it by with the rubber or poly mounts, but its dead nuts close, and with the v band, you need to lift the motor to get the flange past, (if it was slip fit it would be ok)

Here's a shot from the bottom of the car looking up, The crossover come out right under the fuel pump mounting boss area, but well inside the area (if i had a carb, my stock FP mounting would be ok)

And here is the start of the merge pipe mock up going to the turbo flange.

Some progress. This got a little sketchy cuz I dropped a pipe and things happened and typical annoyances. Notice how the ac lines run right below the flange merge area. I have about 1/2 inch + of clearance, but will be running some heat shielding due to that one being rubber.

Front shot of the flange derp area.

Every thing coming together wonderfully.

And here is some more action.

I could have gone and use a single flex pipe, but i decided to do 2 to give myself some flexibility.

Here is the merge pipe all together and ready for install

After that doing some turbo flange bracing with some 3/8 solid bar, I had a different setup of bracing before this setup. Basicly it was like a dam roll cage for a turbo. I got way over creative with the first design, and just ripped it all apart. this is much more stable and simple. Notice the tab that's sticking up from the left side support. That has to be cut and re welded, its gonna form a upside down v with that sided having 2 bolts.

Now the turbo mocked up. I had to dent the inner fender in a bit because im a dolt. Ill need the space for the down pipe.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Finally with the updates. I hear you about the new job, just nabbed one myself. She's coming out great, can't wait to go from a roll against you on the LIE, should be pretty cool...
Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 PM

I could have turned the turbo a bit more, but then i would loose space between the ac lines and other things.

Top down. The battery area is rotted away, thanks to some wonderful battery acid exposure. SO the entire area is being cut away.

You know its game time when the nose cone hits the ground... well or an accident.

INTERFOOLER TIME!!!!!!!!!

Here's a quick mock up with some brackets that I made. There pretty solid. I will have to retake pics of them cuz my phone decided to delete a lot of the build pics around this time. (or not save them).

Testing the support clearance. Shes' a good, shes' a nice!!!

Turbo to intercooler pipes mocked up

Intercooler to TB side

I decided to throw the bumper back on to see how it would look all together... me likey.

I have seen alot of intercooler setups and i kinda hate them all. Most of the time its a 3 to 4 inch silicone couplers at the throttle body. I'm not a fan of that at all. It never looks right.

SO and here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 inch oval to 4 inch round. This came out better than expected. Had to use a mapp torch and heat up and massage some of the areas as its transitioning.

Mwahahjaahjahaa
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM

The LIE. We got a couple of new spots too. There's a few places around Dave and Busters on route 110 in farmingdale. Im usualy up there during the weekend.

Its prolly gonna be another 2 weeks before Ill get a chance to finish up the car where its drivable on the street. Sad part is its only about 2 days worth of work... maybe less if I was uber motivated. But for now, work work work. And congrats on the job.

Hows your car coming along? hopefully i can actually get a chance to be on a PC before another month goes by. On a better note i just got a new phones and im throw my iphone agains the wall. So many lost pics

Anyways, im throw up 2 more and im out. Got to drop my cuz's to le airport.

Still needs to be ground down, and painted. Im still on the shelf about keeping this, i got to finish it up fully to see how it comes out, but plans are to go from the tb with a 4 to 4, and use the 4 to 3 at the MAF sensor instead of the TB.

OK people till next time. Will keep you posted. Hopefully yall get some inspiration or ideas from all the shitty work im doing. lolroflcopter
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM

Crap, i forgot. GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!! Do it, Do it now!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Supreme Member

It's coming out great! Can't wait to hear some idle vids...

The LIE. We got a couple of new spots too. There's a few places around Dave and Busters on route 110 in farmingdale. Im usualy up there during the weekend.

Its prolly gonna be another 2 weeks before Ill get a chance to finish up the car where its drivable on the street. Sad part is its only about 2 days worth of work... maybe less if I was uber motivated. But for now, work work work. And congrats on the job.

Hows your car coming along? hopefully i can actually get a chance to be on a PC before another month goes by. On a better note i just got a new phones and im throw my iphone agains the wall. So many lost pics...
Still in the midst of assembling the engine, just have no motivation to get it done as fast as I normally do though. Heads are done, and I just ordered the cam, but until the stall speed gets here she's gonna be a dog off of the line. Gonna use these updates as inspiration cuz there is so little around here lately, and am going to try to get a lot more done this weekend, although Raceway Park motivated the hell out of everyone last night. Thinking about bringing the car over to Queens and finishing it there, very close to moving back...
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Crap, i forgot. GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!! Do it, Do it now!!!!!!
Where on LI are you? Do you ever bring this car out to any shows/cruises?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 PM

Get moving then street! Btw what part of queens are you gonna be moving the car to? And moving back? like you live in jersey and are moving back to NY?

@ birdsonly, im from the RVC area. I used to do bellmore with my black irocz, and i do dave and busters with this car, though its been missing for a while cuz of the build.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Supreme Member

Get moving then street! Btw what part of queens are you gonna be moving the car to? And moving back? like you live in jersey and are moving back to NY?
Trying to wrap it up bro, but this project got out of hand, way beyond the turbo and I gave myself so much additional work. Should have just left the engine alone and threw in a cam. Wanna bring the car back to Howard Beach and finish it up over there...
Old 09-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Supreme Member

Do it, Do it now!!!!!!
Weekends here, gonna try and give it a go. That 4" charge pipe is coming out awesome...

Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 AM

@ birdsonly, im from the RVC area. I used to do bellmore with my black irocz, and i do dave and busters with this car, though its been missing for a while cuz of the build.
Right on man, I am in Ronkonkoma. I used to go to Bald Hill alot. Bald Hill was on tuesdays forever, but I think they changed it to Mondays now.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 AM

@street...lol rockway....

@birds, i have yet to do bald hill since i got into cars. i hear its a great show, but its always something for me, be it work, personal, tired etc that always gets in the way. As it stands the car is gonna sit another 2 weeks. This sunday(only day off) im be upstate at the NY renn fair. And next sunday ill just need to recharge. OK sleep
Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: Turbocharged 5.7 Pro-Fl-XT
Transmission: 700R4 for moment
Axle/Gears: 3.25 9 inch

Looking good! Thats where I need to move my turbo to some day. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Supreme Member

@street...lol rockway....
Haven't been down there in awhile, I remember racing a Lambo way back when after the toll booth, that long stretch coming back towards Howard Beach. Got him from the dig, but he blew right past me once we hit 80-mph, I was racing in another car though. Anyways, give us those updates, throw some idle vids up. I pulled the TPI setup off of my turbo 305 and just finished tig welding my LT1 intake as that's going on. Just need to figure out where I am going to place the remote thermostat housing. Need some inspiration cuz I am getting so tired of even "looking" at the GTA, soooo updates, updates, updates...!!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 PM

Mini update in a hour or so. Just got to get some coffee in me first to make it thru the night... I hate laundry night.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 PM

Car: 89 CHEVY IROC-Z28
Engine: 355 Built/High Performance
Transmission: 700R4 Swap For T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Posi

started following your post looks good bro
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 AM

Here's the mini update. Honestly have not been able to work on the car much since taking it apart again. I think its been like a month and I have had one free day to work on it. And then there is the lovely weather that decides to rain every weekend. Pending shitty weather again (looks like this weekend is gonna be boned again w rain) I should be done by next week.

Some new parts to start us off.

A multitude of silicone couplers and 4 inch t bolt clams.

Ordered some more piping to finish up the down pipe and then the exhaust.
Down pipe is starting from a 3 inch, necking up to a 3.5 then going to a 4 inch. The exhaust system is going to be 4 inch all the way back into 2 2 1/2 inch glass packs with a lil twist (youll see when i finish up the exhaust) and then back into a 4 inch outlet. The smaller pipes are 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 for the wastegate.

BOV, Down pipe Vband/flange and the turbo to IC coupler. Of course the as usual the v band flange is bigger than the turbo flange, but i didnt even bother to mill it down.

Mock up of the waste gate bypass pipes.

This was mocked up without cutting the holes for the tubes, I then broke the tacks off and used a hole saw to cut into the main pipes.

Here's a quick test fit of the wastegate to check clearances.

Another shot of the clearance.

After that I cut 2 holes w a holesaw, remocked everything and burnt it all together. I had to add filler metal in certain areas because i ended up using 2 inch hole saw for a 1 7/8 hole. Nothing to crazy. I had originally had this setup with the 2 wastegate pipes at much sharper y angles to help with the efficiency of the wastegate, but it placed the wastegate to close to the turbo hotside for my tastes.

This is a quick shot of the in car angle of the wastegate being set, I set it up so i can rotate it so the exit pipe which connects to the downpipe can be set point to the rear of the car at any angle.

After tacking the wastegate in place pulled the whole assembly out and torched everything together.

Another shot
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

u have alot more patience then i do, i would never be able to sit there and make all those pie cuts to make those bends, i would wait 3 weks for some mandrel bends if i had to before i did all that.

then again im a lil burnt out on building stuff right now so that could be it as well.im getting to the point were i dont want to build my own stuff anymore just drive n enjoy it
Old 10-15-2012, 01:45 AM

A couple of shots with the wastegate and turbo installed. Btw, so far everything has great clearance with the stock parts. My only area of concern is the starter-crossover pipe area; the starter is point blank to the crossover...lol

Rear shot

Now for a little down pipe fun.

The pipe at the end of it is just a extra piece i use for mockup, its just laying there.

So i decided to test fit some 4 inch piping to see if it would fit nicely, just in case I decided to maybe throw a 96 mm at this poor car one day. Considering all things, with the right bends and proper shielding in critical areas, it can be done quiet easily. The pics do not do the clearance justice.

Back to actual progress. Doing a home made 3 to 3.5 inch transition, took a little time to figure out how to do it right, but finally got it in the end. Still got to do the 3.5 to 4 inch transition thought.

Some more progress with the 3 to 3.5 inch transition installed and welded up, and now im doing 3.5 inch until I drop below the frame rail.

After looking at this pipe from the bottom, I realized i could just double the lenght and it would put me right at the bottom of the rail in the perfect position to transition to 4 inch tubing. This is where I stopped work on the exhaust for the night, did some small odds and ends to the cold side, but nothing picture worthy. And now im waiting till next weekend to do some more work. I wish I could have left it as is, but as usual I keep pulling things apart to make em better or easier to work on and just keep extending the project.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 AM

Just sneaking one more before i go to sleep.

Overall downpipe shot as of now.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by project89
u have alot more patience then i do, i would never be able to sit there and make all those pie cuts to make those bends, i would wait 3 weks for some mandrel bends if i had to before i did all that.

then again im a lil burnt out on building stuff right now so that could be it as well.im getting to the point were i dont want to build my own stuff anymore just drive n enjoy it
Honestly my patience is running thin now. Its just the fact the car has been sitting months cuz of other things. And yeah, pie cut madness. Honestly though is WAY cheaper this way than buying bends. The prices gets a bit crazy for some of the bigger ones. And don't worry I did not forget that you wanted those cuts for the collectors, just no time. Dam, I barley have time to enjoy life at the moment.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

whenever u have time man im not in a rush.

i hear u on time betwene work and everyday to day stuff i have 0 time and i have 3 ongoing projects
#1 tt iroc almost done thank god
#2 remote mount turbo on the dodge intrepid ( done but needs a new timing chain before i reinstall the turbo system)
#3 im building a 3.4L v6 with a 4-71 roots blower
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Supreme Member

Excellent work. Hard to tell from the pic, but how much room is there between the downpipe and spark plug wire boots? Are the plugs below, or parallel with, the downpipe...?

Dam, I barley have time to enjoy life at the moment.
I feel ya bro, I feel ya...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 camaro irocz
Engine: l98 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.77

subscribed , i'm intrested to see how the t76 does on the 305 .i debated back an forth on a t70 or t76 . i went with a t70 to be safe lol
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX

great job on that down pipe. Im putting a TC78 over that way in the battery box and will have to figure out If I want to clock it like you did or at an angle and avoice the wheel well as much as possable.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Street - Installed, those boots have about a inch of space if not a bit more. There gonna be covered with the heat resistant boots from DEI and im gonna get the DP wrapped. It is hard to see but only plug 6 comes close. Its maybe about a inch away cuz thats where the step up is for the 3 to 3.5 inch transition. I figure its better than a straight 3.5 or 4. At least I will benefit from the 3 inch keeping the velocity high, then opening up to support some volume, while still maximizing space.

FSTFBDY - angle it if you can. It make alot of difference. The only reason i angled my turbo that way was to clear the ac lines. If i had had angle it i would have had to lift it up about a inch, and it would have been WAY to close to the hood for my tastes. As it stands my turbo is straight up with no tilt. Since its a ebay unit, i wanna give it as much advantages as i can for its survivability.

Freaky, i hope it does well. I have the 80 ar on the exhaust side, so it should roughly spool with the tpi's power band. IM just praying to go the stock motor stays together under 16 psi of boost. I still have to order alot more parts to have it all come together nicely, but im just waiting for it to come back together.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM

Update tommorow (sunday) night. As of now the car survived hurricane sandy, and the snow storm we had up here. What a **** show though. If i didnt have the nose off the car it would have gotten hit by a falling limb from a tree... yes missed it by a foot. Finally got power and stuff back a few days ago, and now stable interwebs. Pending shitty weather this week, the car should be up and running by the end of next week, minus exhaust, and tuning.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX

Glad to hear you made it thru sandy.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Supreme Member

using this turbo calculater : http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/
16 psi of boost on a 305 cu. in is 675 hp ...
Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Supreme Member

Update tommorow (sunday) night. As of now the car survived hurricane sandy, and the snow storm we had up here. What a **** show though. If i didnt have the nose off the car it would have gotten hit by a falling limb from a tree... yes missed it by a foot. Finally got power and stuff back a few days ago, and now stable interwebs. Pending shitty weather this week, the car should be up and running by the end of next week, minus exhaust, and tuning...
Good deal, get those videos up when you can. We got freaking pounded, some neighbors were killed from the power lines falling in the water over in Howard Beach. Can't get over how bad this storm really was...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Gonna make a quick post tonight, lost my net last sunday, and just to busy to post during the week. Did not get much accomplished but i changed around a few things, and got the blue cars its own oil lines finally. Almost ready for some road time, hopefully this weekend.

Just a lil teaser
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Continuing from where I left off.

Some new parts for the down pipe and the exhaust.
4 inch v bands

-4 feed and -10 return oil lines for the turbo. Im using the teflon style braided lines and fittings from AN direct. I do say they are a bit sub par, but ill figure how they perform in a few days.

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to use the fittings, they are GIGANTIC, compared to some that i have used in the past from earls. In reality after everything is said and done, i should have gotten a 90 degree -4 for the turbo feed, and a 90 -10, for the turbo drain. They would have fit much better but theses worked out in my favor.

So after doing a little soul searching and debating, i decided to neck up my downpipe to a 4 inch.

Here's the home made 3.5 to 4 inch transition, this is also offset to one side to help with the frame rail space.

Time to merge the wastegate with the down pipe.

After mocking this up, put the pipe into the downpipe hole, i mark around the neck of the wastegate merge, then trim with a bandsaw and grinder.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 AM

Now getting into the downpipe. This is where almost everyone has questions and such about spacing and size etc. I tried my best to take some good shots so you guys can get a good idea of whats going on.

I may be repeating myself but the downpipe goes from a 3 inch to a 3.5 inch to a 4 inch. I originally intended to do a 3 to 3.5 inch downpipe, then step up to a 4 inch for the exhaust, but i didnt want the exhaust to be different sizes.

After tacking up the 3.5 to 4 transition and the wastegate merge

And here it is almost fully welded up. This was a royal pain in the *** setting up all the angles to avoid wires, the heater box, the engine k frame, the framerail and the turbo header.

After that i installed it, and decided to try a 4 inch v band with a 700r4 trans to see what kind of spacing i had.

This is a bottom up view of the Downpipe with the 4 inch merge installed and a 4 inch v band. I decided against this way in favor of a band clamp. The spacing is so tight with the stock starter that it would make install and removal annoying. If i had more patience i could have made it work.

will continue morow, super sleepy now
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Supreme Member

Wow, you have some patience for all of that welding. Looking forward to some vids...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Car: '88 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4

subscribed
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Heres a quickie, rechecking my oil lines and such for leaks and so forth. No leaks from them, bad news is that i see some oil on the lowest bolt of the turbo exhaust housing, ive seen them seep a little on startup, but not that much. If the weather holds up and stays decent through the day, i should be finished by tommorow. Guaranteed something is gonna keep me from finishing it.

Quick startup video.

And the finished but unwrapped down pipe. Gonna go wrap it up now.

Its a little out of the order i wanted to post things up so other can follow along, but hopefully itll make some people happy seeing it alive again. Just gonna be pissed if this turbo is actually leaking leaking. Im go check that first actually. If i get time, ill make a big update tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 AM

Car: 1986 IROC Z28 & 1990 Pontiac
Engine: Chevy 350 10.5:1 good wrench block
Transmission: WC T5 short shifter
Axle/Gears: Borg warner 9 bolt 2:77

I would love to see a follow up on this I am going to be doing a turbo build on 85 TPI with holly stealth ram injection going to have to make my own headers as well
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Car: 1989 Turbo Trans Am gta
Engine: 383 78mm turbo
Transmission: Th350 rmvb with brake
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.45s

It's coming along nicely. How is ur oil drain routed? I can't tell from the pics
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 PM

Gah, i hate NY weather, I got another mini vid uploaded, dont have time to post pics either. Ill have some of the oil routing soon noboostnogo.

In the mean time enjoy this little clip, had to warm the car up a bit after draining the water and adding some coolant, dont want a cracked block or a blown out freeze plug.

Almost back together, only thing thats really 100% finished is the downpipe. Did manage to take it for a test drive minus the power steering. Was nice, and sideways. More to come soon.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Supreme Member

... glad to see you got it together and running. By the way, what the hell are you saying in the beginning of the video? It sounds like your saying "nah, I fawkin hate Milwaukee"
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Nono, what i was saying is god i effin hate NY. And it was because of the string.of misserable weather we have been getting. Right before i took that vid I Had to drain the water out of the system and.put some.coolant in (based of the weather i didnt know if it would freeze but didnt wanna chance it. More to follow. I still got more pics to put up. This is kinda outa order but too many.ppl wanted videos.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Supreme Member

What are you doing for your tuning? I have a few chips that I can give you for the MAF system that I burned through collaborating with Bob Bailey, they work pretty good, just need the right injectors to go with them. Let me know when you'll be in the Howard Beach area, as I am fooling around with MegaSquirt II, w/the Shadow Logger on an Android Tablet as part of my dash with the turbo 305, pretty cool stuff. It's getting pulled soon though for a twin turbo Buick V6...
Old 12-29-2012, 04:09 PM

Tuning...lol, im not even sure yet. I think ill end up going with a ostrich 2 for this car. Also contemplating switching to a MAP system, i may have access to a full harness ecm sensors etc. Took it out for a night out...omfg... its more responsive than i anticipated. But like i said the car is only halfway done, its all "rigged" together, but its minor stuff like, zip tied catch cans (no brackets), no gaskets on the exhaust, interior is still apart from the batt relocation etc. Small stupid **** that i can do in spurts.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 AM
Supreme Member

how did you run your battery cables ? i'm getting ready to move mine to the trunk area . i'm debating between inside the car or under the car as far as routing the cables
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 AM

Hey freaky, ill take some pics of how its ran and post it up.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Supreme Member

cool thanks

Quick Reply: Here we go again. 87 Iroc-Z and a Small Turbo.