Southern California Area Southern California Members.

What you need to know before dealing with Top Down Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 RS
Engine: LO3 TPI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
What you need to know before dealing with Top Down Solutions

I don’t know about you but as far as I’m concerned time is money. I decided to have a few items corrected/repaired on my Z28 this week. Items like a new windscreen, front-end alignment, a loose steering column, brakes, new speakers, and my dangerously unstable driver side door. I had the windscreen installed at work. My wife handled the alignment on her day off; I installed the new speakers after work. The steering column and brakes were done at James “The Road Rocket” Fearn’s house (thanks again haus).

Now all that was left was the door. So I contacted Mr. Lon Salgren over at Top Down Solutions (TDS). I asked when he might be available to repair the door. “Is tomorrow ok” he replies. Wow, sure but I had a small problem. You see I work in South Orange County, and the TDS facility is in Los Angeles County. Being an individual who rarely takes chances, I asked Lon if there was anyway he might be able to pick up the vehicle. “Sure no problem” he says, now mind you he is under the impression my vehicle will be in South Orange County. Amazing! I thought the days of good old-fashioned service were long gone. This is definitely not the case over at TDS. I worked it out so that my wife drove the vehicle to work (much closer to TDS) and check this out, Lon picked up the vehicle while my wife was working, repaired the door, and had it back before she got off. Here is the best part, Lon contacted me when he got the vehicle to his facility, verified what repairs I had requested, and followed up with me twice during the day to inform me of his progress. It is actions like these, which turn regular customers into life long relationships. I couldn’t tell you the last place or time I received service like this, absolutely unbelievable! Those that know me will verify that I am extremely critical of what and who touches my vehicle. I am happy to say that TDS is now on a very short list of people I turn to for assistance. Service, experience, and quality, that gentlemen is Top Down Solutions.

Lon you have a genuine appreciation for the enthusiast because you are and enthusiast. It was an absolute please to do business with you and I look forward to future transactions. Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27
Thanks for the business and the recommendation. You forgot to add you chose one of the hottest days of the week for the repairs. A week ago that would have been more than a minor inconvenience. I was prepared though. I bought special equipment last week to deal with such situations.

Lon

Oh yeah, what are you going to do about your left arm getting weak from not having to drag the door accross the pavement to close it?
Old 07-13-2003, 01:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is awesome. Glad to hear that. I always knew Lon was tried and true. That just proves it.

So...um...do you work on 4th gens?

Just kidding......dont answer that!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Closing the doors on the Red Rocket is like closing them on a beemer- silky smooth and light. I saw his door before and they were literally about to fall off. I have to get me a couple kits one of these days....