Southern California Area Southern California Members.

SOLO II Autocross results...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27
SOLO II Autocross results...

I had fun again. We all ran ESP, but we got registered too late to walk the course. A gentleman in a red 67 Mustang in the next lane asked me if Bret and I had driven SOLO II before. I told him I'd done it once a couple of years ago, but Bret hadn't previously. When he heard we had been checked in too late to walk the course he offered to have an instructor drive our cars for us with us riding as passenger and it wouldn't count towards our 3 runs. Bret and I took him up on it. Bret went first, I pulled over to the side to wait my turn. He said he'd take it easy. Wow was it a lot quicker than I've ever run. I didn't get the time slip, but it was in the 66.5 range. "Rear end's a bit loose" he said. I took my turn next and ran a 74.842. George (the instructor) saw me after my first run and asked if I'd like him to ride along as passenger to critique my line for the second run. I agred. My second run was much improved, 70.056 seconds. I was glad we had a good long time before the third run so the tires and engine could cool off a bit. My third run was another improvement 69.846 seconds. Our time as course workers was un-eventfull. I only had to replace one cone of a total of three that got knocked down. I worked the area 4 near the finish line. Several cars would come in too hot and slide or spin before the lane entrance. We sat and chatted a bit after. Bret took off with Mike & James to go off-campus for lunch. Dean had already gone into the track's center area to watch the other races. Tom & Chris Foster, George Lara & Jennifer took off. I was hot, so I took off too. I'll let everyone else post their results.

Lon
Old 06-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 369 TPI
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Nine Bolt
Thanks for the update Lon. I will be interested in the results after all the smack talk. With the instructor driving your car you at least get some kind on an idea of what you car can do and what mods it needs to perform better. Allen

Last edited by 1989GTATransAm; 06-26-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Supreme Member

With no other postings maybe Bret had the best times with his 66.5 something. A lot of silence out there.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was good seening you again Lon! We should do this more often and arrived better prepared (lunch, info, etc ...). The course was different from other auto-X I have been to, very long and no slalom. The outer areas were hard to spot on the first run without the walk. I think we all did very well for going out there blind.

Here are our times from the event.

Mine (started in 1st, then shifted to 2nd and stayed there for the remainder of the course):
71.152 - No idea what to expect of the course!
68.007 - had a better idea and was now familirized with the course
68.110 - wish I would have remembered to program my car for auto-X, would have done better.

Jenibella (left it in OD, could have been faster if she would have stayed in 2nd):
74.158 - She got lost out there, DNF
68.815 - was familiar with the course
68.867 - very good results, she could have gone into the low 67 range IMO.

This was with a B&M 3000 converter and a all factory stock 130K miles suspension.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Banned

Car: Agood2.8,
Engine: V6rsr,
Transmission: Afrikingoodtime
I guess I have to look like the bad guy and post the results.

Allen keeps asking and everyone is interested.

There were 14 cars in our class. 9 of us were our group and all on street tires. The other 5 are regular's and are all race prepped specifically for ESP class and all on racing rubber.

*edit*
The 5 cars on race tires finished within the first six positions

1) 57.300 ('68 full race mach one mustang on slicks- its a roadrace car the guys plays around with occationally in autox)
2) 59.122(Believe it or not a race prepped Dakota truck with 315's on all four corners)
3) 61.050 ('04 Cobra Mustang)
4)61.770 ('97 Ford Mustang)
5)?
6)65.879 ('91 Ford Mustang)

From there it was our group- again, all on street tires (racing tires alone will drop any car 3 seconds minimum)

Mike was the king of the V8 3rdgens with 67.252
Many were in the 68.xx range, 69,70 and i think 73.xx was the last.

Oh yes, about Dean?

Well Dean was at 63.324 running the course blind making mistakes each run. I did not walk the coiurse and never memorised it. Had I, I would have been low 62.xx or even high 61.xx. I thought I had it memorised on the third run and made a costly error that rendered me a 64.211 that run.

I have said all along that Mike is a damn good driver and I respect him. He even very graciuously shook my had and congradulated me. It really came down to the cars and I have said countless times to everyone on these boards that there is a reason why I do not want a V8 in this car, the V6 is very very aggile and today proved it.

It was fun guys, Thanks for the invite.

*edit*- for those curious, my first lap blind was a 66.137 but I did take out I belive two cones on that lap when I damn near missed a gate entirely and had to throw the car sideways to make it and not score a DNF that run.

1st lap- 66.137 NO CONES! My mistake, I assumed I caught two but I never looked back and must have pulled it off. Its official.
2nd lap- 63.324
3rd lap- 64.211

Last edited by RTFC; 06-27-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Supreme Member

Congratulations Dean and thank you for posting the results. Looks like everyone had a good time and overall did quite well.

I know my limitations so you won't see me out there. Hehehe. A straight line in the 1/4 with an auto will be the best I can do. Allen
Old 06-26-2005, 10:05 PM

Sorry, I got the year wrong in my original post (what can I say, I'm not a "Mustang guy"). It was a guy in a 68 red mustang that helped us out with suggesting having an instructor ride with us. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention he was best in ESP class today too. I need to look up my old times from a couple of years back, but I can tell you today was a big improvement. I'll be a lot better with practice. Yes Allen, the instructor showed me the car can be quick as is with a good driver. I do have more improvements I plan for the suspension, but the biggest gains will be from the driver getting more seat time in auto-X.

Lon
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

I should also state that Glen is not part of the mentioned above. He runs a separate class (FS, not ESP) and he ran last group where I though originally we were all but George were going to run (hence why I switch quickly to ESP when I got there and ran blind with no course walk- I could even find anyone with a map layout) I wantede to make sure things were "fair" competition wise and ran the same time and track temp as the group.

We came back to the course latter about group 7 of 8 running and found out everyone was leaving or had already left because they anounced no "fun runs" will be ran later. We never saw Glen run or his times.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III
Wish i couldve made it to check it out...unfortunately I was REAL sick this morning (Who wouldve thought Bacardi, Jagermeister, Belvedere and Coors would be a bad mix??)
Old 06-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by cali92RS
(Who wouldve thought Bacardi, Jagermeister, Belvedere and Coors would be a bad mix??)
I could have used all that in my gas tank. It would have been a good mix there.

*edit- addition*
I should also mention my bad news today. I ended up having to tow the car home. Turns out I ended up giving one of my brothers a ride home from the track(He showed up with my father for the HSRwest event) I took him down the 60 to the 57 and off at Pathfinder heading towards Fullerton road and over to La Habra to where he lives. I cut a tire at speed on Pathfinder doing a fair clip and "thought" I broke something in the rear suspension- it dropped so quickly and pitched me abit. Got it slowed down and off the road fine and called that good ol' AAA (yes I never leave hime without it) This is cut on center tread by a sharp peice of metal, about a 1" slit. Even with the Scuba bottle for my air supply feeding the tire inflation at 135psi it was coming out of the tire faster than it was going in.

Oh well, sh*t happens. Car is fine though.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-26-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:15 PM

We also failed to mention that we saw a Toyota Prius witth full roll-cage that ran in the 63's. A Honda hybrid ran while we were working the course. That thing was scary, not because of the times it ran, but because it was so quiet that it was upon me before I'd heard it. Scary! I was working a tough spot since my focus had to be split between two areas of the track. I had to watch cars in the finish line area (my area of responsibility) meawhile behind me cars were making the first decreasing radius turn. Fortunately the class of cars had mainly experienced drivers.

Lon
Old 06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Banned

Lon, you just made a mockery of all of us. I was wondering what the heck that thing was. They had a beautiful cage in it, I never went over in the pits to see what all was done to it. Wonder if it was some kind of factory works car being prototype built to prove a point in racing. It was completely quiet when it went by me.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-26-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Trans Am - Sold
Congrats to both Dean & Mike for takin' the smack to the track!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
Did the instructor thing after my first lap. More driver training is definately needed. I give credit to anyone who can knock 10 sec of my time with my slick track car on their one and only try.
1) 76.527 plus one cone after the end lights, didnt really realize where I was.
2) instructer driving 66.284, he said I need better tires.
2) me 81.858 included a 360 spin tires were probably really hot as I ran within 3 cars of the instructer run..
3) 76.887

I dont know if walking the track would have helped, probably at the finish line for me, but thats a long walk.

Course work isn't all that bad.

Funtcuky weather sucks though.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:05 PM

FS results. Glenn 61.xxx, my co-driver, Craig A 60.xxx and the winner of FS 58.xxx. I didn't drive well again and the second fan failed causing the car to run way too hot (240+) and Blue just didn't like it.

My excuse is that I haven't driven well this year at all and it didn't help leaving Antiock at 11:00 last night and finding out that I was in charge of workers.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bluethunder28
FS results. Glenn 61.xxx
:hail: Still got me by 2 seconds. You were my target goal.

Good job Glen
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 PM

Car: 1991 GTA
Engine: 350 tPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 342
It sounds like you guys had alot of fun! I wish I could have gone to watch, but my family was celebrating a late father's day. You guys should make this a more common event, like once a year at least! It would give a chance for people do something other than drag racing.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:13 PM

So that blue flamed camaro, i did okay i guess. I managed a 73 in change for my first run including some excellent displays of skill and daring of opposite wheellock power sliding. (not exactly the fastest but sure as hell fun). THe second lap i felt i went way slow just went way to smooth. I shoulda known that was the signal for going fast. 68.856. And then my third run was a 69. I was trying too hard. I have this bad habit of trying to beat my dad in his blue corvette. I was a second slower than him in his BONE stock corvette. The track was a blast. I wish i had 6 more runs to figure out the correct sequence for some of the search for the cones area. The real downer was sitting there in staging. No not waiting to go out. It was looking around at all the cars and seeing twice as soft if not four times and soft and sticky tires all around me. I think the closest treadwear rating was a 280. I was 440 treadwear Not to mention narrow. It was pretty cool to see all those other beasts out there because i was always curious as to how my baby would do. I guess i pulled 11 out of 15 when my dad called me (i bolted right after we were done because of a family matter). But if you guys are looking for an even better time autocrossing, keep an eye on the Porsche Club of America Riverside region website and watch for the next autocross. YOu get more runs and a little bit more laid back environment. You know so you can have fun on and off the track. I think my next upgrade is the Front SFC from that guy in that white RS convert. So you didn't have any of your own products on that beast?

T.Hall

Last edited by smokeycamaro51; 06-26-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by smokeycamaro51
So you didn't have any of your own products on that beast?

T.Hall
But of course. Are you referring to the Steering Brace or the STB on my car? The STB is a combination of the Edelbrock 3-point brace for TBI and extra pieces of my design.

Lon
Old 06-27-2005, 02:04 AM
Banned

This track was particularly tuff to run blind compared to most anything I have ever run inthe past. reason why is that most of the track was "not" lined with chalk and cones. There was alot of open free sections that required guessing if you did not walk the course and take the needed time to memorise the tricky lefts or right when doing 40+ through them and then instantly making a judgement turn as to where you should be pointed.

Correct me if I am wrong but I "think" this is how the track was layed out. The two blue lines is where made major mistakes on the first lap (the second line I mad the mistake all three times).
The third lap I swung through the green sweep and relised I had to stop and turn the other way still.
Attached Thumbnails SOLO II Autocross results...-autox1.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 AM

Dean, that is pretty much the course. Just before the final turns (where your green arrows are) is where IMO most got lost.

Julie, I will keep everyone abreast of more outting like this ... they happen more often than once a year and either at Fontana or Hollywood park.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 RS
Engine: LO3 TPI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Again…I have to congratulate Dean.

That is one hell of a vehicle he’s got. To simply call it agile would be a grave injustice; it’s more like a slot car. Hey its just like the warning label says on the back, “On a Rail”…yeah he’s not kidding. Weight is definitely a key factor in his vehicle set up and proof to point, the V6 is a key contribution to the lethal blow this vehicle delivers. He bought my books, dragged my *** to school, shoehorned my *** into a desk, and gave my *** a straight up education. All things equal…the car itself is always the determining factor and yesterday he had the better car. Well done Dean my rusty sheriffs’ badge still hurts…

The course was a lot different than the one George, Lon, and I had run a couple of years prior. The first one was a lot more technical and seemed a lot shorter. This one was set up to really stretch your legs. Definitely a horsepower track. The unusually high amount of chicanes was as appealing as it was puzzling and as Dean stated earlier a lot of the course wasn’t lines which got me in trouble on the first lap. We’ve got plenty of video for everyone so give us some time to put it up.

I happen to be quite pleased with the outcome. The Goose did exactly what she was built to do, I drove exactly the way I needed to drive, and with all things considered the 335,000 mile L03 did its job too. If it wasn’t for this autocross I can’t say that I would have ever put this car together. I hope that events like this one motivate and invigorate you as it has I. Thanks again to Dean, George, Jenibella, Chris, Tom, Lon, Bret, James, Glen, and Jojo. You guys make a fella getting his *** handed to him a “Afrikingoodtime”!

Track Times:

Old 06-27-2005, 10:17 AM

The top right of the course has 3 turns before the box. Right, left, right.

I have to go grab the times out of my car, but they were something like this:
73.x (was a little lost trying to figure out where the turns were... followed the black marks on the pavement)
68.6x
70.x

Car was running pretty good except for lack of fuel
I also went a bit too fast on the middle of the left side the last run, fuel level kept me from getting into any more trouble than I did

Was pretty fun, nice to see everyone come out and join in. I guess I should have had an instructor drive my car (with gas) and see what sort of opinion and times it would have run.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

Chris I think in trying to re-drive the course in my mind that you are correct about the 3 gates before. I also am now thinking there were 4 gates after because I recall going into that last finish line section from the right, not the left like I had the first map.

This if I can say in all respect was not a high HP track. It was a medium HP track. It was a very high trasitioning track hence why all the little light weight cars were able to track through the gates in a zigzag route tighterthan we. We are wide cars and heavy. This also did favor more of a roadrace type event because there relly was no point on the course where brakes played a major factor unless you were making a mistake about what direction you "thought you should be heading" and we all struggled with that it seems.

The instructors you have to be aware just actually prey off of the new people so they themselves can get seat time free and also be able to dial the course in with 50 runs of perfection- we had 3.
It makes a world of difference knowing the course, regardless if you are in an unfamiliar car. You should see the video of me running a Jaguar instructor around a test course and the fearful pauses in his voice as my brother filmed us from the backseat of the r-series 4-door we were throwing through their course. The guy about sh*t but did his best to brush it off in the end and save face- he was schooled. Funny part is is he is telling me to watch the first corner for gravel that is is slippery- as I already have the throttle down and never lifted as or after he warns me. I merely just tapped the brake pedal a bit as I heald the hammer down- his hand when right up on the dash, it got worse from there I love giving arrogant driving instructors a taste of their own medicine. It was the fast I gaurantee he went through that course that day, and its all on video.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-27-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Banned

Does this look more like it?
Attached Thumbnails SOLO II Autocross results...-autox1a.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Supreme Member

I dont know if he caught a cone or not, but when the instructor drove my GP thru the two tight reverses on the front side he powered streight thru the first and did a slight wiggle thru the second.
Funny I didnt get lost going thru the first time except at the very end, but my brakes work well.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...
Time for me to chime in.

Let me start by saying this was waaay too much fun and I'm looking forward to the next time. A big thanks to George for organizing this and also for taking time out of his lunch hour to get a shift gate into my car!

Now on to my times. As Lon mentioned, we opted for an instructor run. The instructor George promised he wouldn't abuse the car, although he did manage to grind the trans slighty doing a quick shift from reverse into drive while the car was still rolling.

Anyway, he pulled off a 65.xx run in my car and told me it was a little "slippery". I'm glad I did the instructor run because it gave me a chance to see how the course was set up. Otherwise, I'd probably have gotten a little lost like some of the others.

On my first solo run I didn't totally heed the instructor's advice and overcooked the car a bit. I exited the first gate, headed right for the "S" turn, cranked the car left for the next set of cones and promptly went for a 360° joy ride. That lap yielded at an 82.xx time.

Lap 2 I made the mistake of leaving the trans in 3rd gear. The trans ended up shifting back and forth too much and the engine was also popping/backfiring out of the exhaust. Time on that run was a 75.xx.

For my final lap, the instructor asked me if I wanted to him to ride along. I politely declined and told him I really wanted to run it solo. He reminded me to focus on being smooth, told me good luck and that I could definitely improve my time.

This time, I left the trans in 2nd gear. This was perfect and the car stayed right in the powerband around the course. I was also smoother on this lap and did a better job of looking ahead and anticipating the turns. I knocked off a 71.382 second run. Not bad for my first auto-x.

With my new tires worn in a bit more the car probably won't be as slippery. I could maybe tinker with my shock settings, but the biggest thing I need to do is just get more seat time and practice, practice, practice.

------------
On a side note: some of you may remember my overheating issue I had the last trip we made to Fontana after the club picnic. I never was able to pin what the cause was and this was a concern headed to auto-x. One reason why I decided to trailer the car.

Well, after pulling the A/C system I had no problems what so ever. My car ran really well on the course and more importantly, ran very cool. It may be the A/C condenser was too banged up and/or dirty and was restricting air flow thru the radiator.

So when's the next event?

Last edited by BretD 88GTA; 06-27-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:01 PM

July 23rd or 24th! I think I may sign up for the practice session on Saturday ... if it is full, I will go to the Sunday Championship event again.

Glad you liked it Bret, also if you would like I can adjust the gate plate to function better ... or at least take a look at it, at your convinience of course.

Folks! This is what it is all about ... getting the novices out there and having them get hooked and become skilled drivers!

To the novices
Old 06-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Yea, I was actually worried about my useless brakes but after running the course, didnt use them much at all. I found most of the time could be easily trimmed off in the open side of the course, as long as you knew where you were going next. I think the third time around I knew the turns but didnt have the gas to accomplish the task, so to speak. Maybe I should have brought a bean burrito for lunch.

I didnt slow down much through those lane change areas at all, never hit a cone either. Only 2 places I got out of shape is the one I mentioned before and the big turn on the top, came out of that a little sideways the second run.

On that last run, after the first turn I pretty much coasted all the way through the second turn, car did not want to go.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:59 PM

Car: Z/28
Engine: 355
Transmission: Turbo 400
the overall results have been posted at http://www.solo2.com/results/2005-06-26r.pdf
Old 06-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
well since I just took video of the Mayhem that took place yesterday, this is all I have to say:
Attached Thumbnails SOLO II Autocross results...-owned.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Old 06-27-2005, 08:46 PM

Mike mentioned yesterday, he was wondering who would post something along this line. I'm sure he appreciates your efforts on his behalf.

Lon
Old 06-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Banned

Well would you looky there. I did beat the 91 Mustang on race tires. I edited my first post at top.

PS- anyone interested in a V6 motor. Ill sell it if the price is right
Its the growing trend these days

My cut tire is unrepairable. the object I caught on Pathfinder road went in and came back out hard tearing the tire.

Just ordered new tires from Jon at Accurate Alignment. He'll have them for me tomorrow so I can get the car back on the ground. I have no spare that will fit over my brakes, thats why I had to tow it home from Roland Heights area. (Yes the wife is very unhappy she is without her car again for a few days, but at least it wasn't track related and I didn't break her car. ANd I'm finisshed toyuing with it on any track for probably another two years)

Going with BFG KDW because they are quickly accessable. I think next time I need tires for this car I will be buying 17" IROCS and going to runflats in a 245/45-17. Its the same size as the fronts of the C5 Vettes so decent runflat tires should be availiable for that size for several years to come. I strongly beleive thyat technology is going to be pointing all tires towards runflat capability in the near future, but till then I need a solution. I have never had a car stranded on the side of the road in my life due to cutting a tire, and it had to be now with no spare. I carry a plug kit and I had my pony bottle from scubadiving on me with 500psi in it but I could not even temp patch the cut to get me home.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-27-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Supreme Member

Yes James, pictures say a 1000 words.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Tweels are the way.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III
Originally posted by RTFC

Just ordered new tires from Jon at Accurate Alignment. He'll have them for me tomorrow so I can get the car back on the ground.
Do you know Johnson's alignment in torrance (190th and hawthorne)? What do you think of them? Someone recommended me to them from a M3 crowd.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 AM

Johnsons. good place to go. They know what they're doing. Highly recommended.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Supreme Member

I think I know Dean's secret. His car transforms into an '87 Corvette at the starting line.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Banned

I don't know if that was my mistake or theirs. I was talking to Renee while I was registering, but I don't think I put that. I remembver thinking I was going to write V6 next to it rather than RS and thought naa. I think she recorded it wrong knowing I use to run a Vette.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-28-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:42 PM

I don't know if that was my mistake or theirs. I was talking to Renee while I was registering, but I don't think I put that. I remembver thinking I was going to write V6 next to it rather than RS and thought naa. I think she recorded it wrong knowing I use to run a Vette.
Dean, they went off what you wrote on the card.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bluethunder28
Dean, they went off what you wrote on the card.
Yeah, I use to be a toehead blonde in my younger days and it still shows once in awhile.

Just got the car back on the car back on the ground an lightly test drove it out around the neighborhood boundries. The KDW's are definately a different feel than the Goodyears. The car turns much more effortlessly like it has the old 15x7's on it again. It feels lighter in transition (barely wobbling it back and forth scubbing the new tires a bit) but it doesn't feelike the heavy solid predictable feel this car had with the Goodyears. I feel like I am on tires half the width. I'll give it some time to heat cycle and wear in. I'm going to go to a 17" IROC rim next time I need tires, not many good choices anymore in a 16". Wife is pissed that her car was down for 3 days even though it was no "so called" racing related. She wasn't happy when I told her I was taking her car in the first place. I am done for awhile in this thing- Anyone married can relate?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BretD 88GTA
we opted for an instructor run. The instructor George promised he wouldn't abuse the car, although he did manage to grind the trans slighty doing a quick shift from reverse into drive while the car was still rolling.
Reminds me of something I want topoint out in the BS politics of anything how things really are never "fair"

This "George" you mention must be George Lynch. Why do I assume that? well as I was in pit lane for my second run (You had just finnished your first solo run, I came into the lineup late) George Lynch then walked over and stuck his head into my window seeing that I had a loaner helmet on that said CalClub and figured I was a newbie. He didn't reconise me, nor should he have- it was a different car and I hadn't seen him in about 12 years. He askes me how I was doing and if I wanted him to ride along with me to see if I needed pointers on my driving. I just politely said no thankyou and he moved on to the next person.

Now here's the 2 point problem.

1) How is it that he can drive "as an Instuctor" or even just navigate at a Championship event full well nowing he is breaking the rules and cheating when he was predriving the course and in essence getting all the practice he needs before he actually ran his SM2 in the last or 8th run group? Thats cheating.

2) this is the same thing as if I were able to bring my Vette and run that also but was told under the rules that I was not allowed to run multiple classes in a championship event due to being able topractice in one car or class, then come back out prepared with an unfair advantage in a later class since I would run a total of six laps, not the maximum 3 allowed.

So tell me how is George Lynch fairly giving positioning without being DSQ in his class?

You don't haveto answer that, just food for thought, there are those of us out there with oiur eyes open.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Banned

Oh yes, I am eager to see the cars on video. That why I am checking into here eery 2 hours or so for the last two days. Anyone got them availiable yet? I would like to see if my chassis was still jacking in the rear when I came down on the binders
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 AM
Supreme Member

We got good video. The problem lies in getting Mike getting time to get it to me, converting it, and then hosting it. Neither of us have that much space or bandwidth.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by james_85Z28
We got good video. The problem lies in getting Mike getting time to get it to me, converting it, and then hosting it. Neither of us have that much space or bandwidth.
If they are under 5MB in size, we can host them.

I am done for awhile in this thing- Anyone married can relate?
I am married and can't relate, I am on the other side of that spectrum ... she is hooked and would love to go out again.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 12secSS
If they are under 5MB in size, we can host them.
We have about 23 minutes of the external video, so a decent resolution would probably be like 30-50 megs....
Old 06-29-2005, 10:35 AM

... which can easily be cut into segments and become even smaller in file size, without loss in resolution. Will you guys be available on Saturday? We will be "in the area" and should be able to meet up.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

I am computer illeterate when it comes to this hosting stuff. I have an AOL account and have been told by a younger brother that I am givin free host space- How do I access this and use it.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Supreme Member

I am computer illeterate when it comes to this hosting stuff. I have an AOL account and have been told by a younger brother that I am givin free host space- How do I access this and use it.
The problem you'll run into Dean is that you only get 10mg of space. At least that's what Earthlink gives me. AOL shouldn't be much different.

Big video files will eat that up quickly.

Quick Reply: SOLO II Autocross results...