Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

lower controll arm relocation brackets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Firebird Formula
Engine: 383
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4.11, 9inch
lower controll arm relocation brackets.

alright here is the deal im considering lowering the car. 91 firebird ws6. i want the looks and a little more ability in the corners but dont want to loose my dead hook at the track. ive got spohn adjustable everything in the rear wat im wanting to know is if i lower it is there any to adjust the geometry back to where to was? im thinking not but i just want to verify.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion
Re: lower controll arm relocation brackets.

come again? hard to rear the last couple lines

the relo brackets will allow you re re-level the arms to correct the stock geometry. They for track days, you can lower the arms more to gain some extra grip
Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<86TA> is exactly right. You are going to need lower control arm relocation brackets to get the lower arm geometry corrected. If you don't already have an adjustable panhard bar your going to need one of those too. We offer both bolt on and weld on relocation brackets. Both versions are made from strong 3/16" laser cut, cold rolled steel. You get an added 3" of adjustment for your lower control arms. If you have any questions or would like to get a set on the way give me a call here at the office.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM

srry the computer at work is hard to tye on and i dont usually proof read.

wat i want to do is lower the car for more corning ability but want to keep geometry the same because i dead hook at the track on street tires.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
<86TA> is exactly right. You are going to need lower control arm relocation brackets to get the lower arm geometry corrected. If you don't already have an adjustable panhard bar your going to need one of those too. We offer both bolt on and weld on relocation brackets. Both versions are made from strong 3/16" laser cut, cold rolled steel. You get an added 3" of adjustment for your lower control arms. If you have any questions or would like to get a set on the way give me a call here at the office.

A. installed pics of both types?

B. why are the bolt in applications not compatabile with aftermarket rear ends?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ziggy89
srry the computer at work is hard to tye on and i dont usually proof read.

wat i want to do is lower the car for more corning ability but want to keep geometry the same because i dead hook at the track on street tires.
You can use the brackets but put the arm in the middle hole which should put the arm about level. I don't have any instyall pics of either part installed. The bolt on brackets have a tab the go to the shock mount. On an aftermarket rear they use a different style of shock mount tabs so they dont fit right.

You can use the bolt on brackets on your stock rear then weld them on to an aftermarket rear end. All you have to do is cut the shock mount tab off of the brackets and they will fit fine.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM

It can't be done. look at your launch picture and your weight transfer fore to aft. look at you nose rise. With all of that , you lower the car and that load transfer will change. you want cornering? you can not run those 90/10 struts. Your spring rates will change, your vehicle dynamics will chnage through a lower center of gravity. you will have to rework the entire suspension when youlovwer it to get it to hook like that again.

how will it then handle? handling depends mainly on chassis control. Drag laungh and cornering required two completely different ways of chassis control to acheive goals. Both can NOT be done unless you spend major busks on double adjustable shocks and struts and a few hours of changing wheels and tires and then readjusting the entire suspension each time you ewant each setup. might as well buy a second car.

Dean
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM

i dont run 90/10s lol. those are stock front struts, rear shocks, and springs. and it doesnt launch quite like that anymore with the tubular rear suspenson