TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

> Engine won't stay started??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
> Engine won't stay started??

I have a friend who has a truck with a 350 TBI in it and is having a problem keeping it started so I need your help.

The truck will start up and stay started in park but as soon as you put it in drive it stalls. so far he has changed the plugs, wires, cap rotor, computer, o2 sensors, idle air sensor, and a few other things.

Now here is the strange part, if I remember right he said that if he disconnects the wire that runs from the computer to the coil the truck will stay started in drive but will run like crap. (being why he swaped out the computer).

I figured it was bad rings or something but if that was the case it wouldn't do what it does with that wire disconnected.

The SES light is also on but when checked it isn't throwing any codes. He has brought it to GM certified mechanics and they can't figure out the problem.

after he took off the timing wire it fried his altinator and possibly ignition coil. He says that when it did start you could drive it but you had to use two feet and constantly give it gas but it ran like crap and the idle was constantly searching. He has already checked the timing, vaccuum leaks, and cleaned his injectors.

Being over here in Germany the cops are trying to get him to junk it and its a good truck when it runs properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated

thnaks
John
Old 03-04-2003, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTT