Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Car Sputters at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700 R-4
Car Sputters at WOT

OK my car seems like its going more and more downhill by the day. For Starters my car sometime dies out when i go to WOT at any speed, going 0 or going 90, it goes down to where it almost kills over, then it goes to full throttle like its suppose to. Also at start-up i get a whole bunch of smoke, i know leaky valve seals, but on some occasions it will keep on smoking and run like a mad wh%re, i know i have a bad CaT on it and am getting that taken care of soon, but dont think thats causing alot of trouble. As far as the tests ive done, Im getting perfect fuel pressure, i only have about 700 miles on my fuel filter, i run premium gas, oil changed every 3000 miles with mobile one sythetic everytime along with all other fluids etc new cap and rotor, along with new wires and plugs, also timing is at TDC just had fuel injection cleaned, not tested though, did a pressure test on the engine and that came out great. Also my oil pressure seems to drop and drop, my car never has seemed to over heat but my temp gauge is broken so i cant tell. Sometimes when im starting off going my car will jump foward a little when pressing lightly then go normaly. Also recently i noticed that i have a loud clicking noise that is progressivly getting louder and seemed like it was comming only from the pass. side valve cover but now from both side, its alot louder when im say in 2nd @ 3000RPM and more rapid, and get louder as RPM rises. And only recently my worse problem is occuring, my car will just die out usually under breaking, i had the problem just tonight while getting into the left turn lane, and it kinda sucks not having any power breaks or steering. I think and hope thats everything and greatly appreciate your help.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700 R-4
Plz Anything!!!