Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 z-28
Engine: zz4 350
Transmission: t-56
Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Your never going to believe this but just today i took out the Z was racing my roomates 350z, was going bout 100 and didnt see a huge ditch coming up.. it was just an open back road.. i hit it hard and bottomed out big time.. my hooker long tube headers are about 1/2 inch off the ground and i smashed them all in... now im hearing a ticking sound very loud, either i punched a hole through, or just popped out he header gasket which happens alot...

the real problem is once i hit the ground.. my rpms crapped out on me... while im driving if i give it gas , the rpms jump as if my clutch was slipping or something, but it jumps back and forth and the rpms jump up and down, lot of shaking and the check engine light is flickering on and off while im flooring it... i can drive it slow but once i try to accelerate this thing seems like its driving on its own.. maybe this is a sensor i messed up? im affraid i did alot of damage and done know what to do, the headers are banged up like over an inch up now any ideas? its driving like crap and i dont know what to do

please help!

EDIT

LINK TO PICTURE

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/att...postid=2281818

EDIT

Last edited by 1991 Z-28; 04-11-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:22 PM

also the tranny (t56) seems to be jerking around alot, and if i give the car gas at idle.. it will accelerate the rpms on its own for a minute, then fall back down... im clueless
Attached Thumbnails Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!-zshow1.jpg  
Old 04-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
Why don't you inspect your car first. I can't see anything from here and I doubt anyone else can. Go see what damage you did being stupid and then tell us. From there we can try and advise you how to fix it.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: lb9
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08 posi
check the tranny mount
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 Firebird
Engine: 3.1 V6
Transmission: TH-700-R4
LoL

You probably dented and if not cracked your oil and transmission fluid pans.Check them out and watch for oil leaks.Just a suggestion because I bottomed out before and cracked my oil pan.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: forged 357
Transmission: 700r4, 2200-2400 stall, vette servo
Axle/Gears: stock pegleg 2.73 drum (temp)
I never realized how adversely an exhaust leak could affect my car's performance until I fixed the one I had. Get that taken care of first, and while you're under there look around for broken wires or vacuum lines, as well as leaks.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 carbed now
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: Peg Leg w/ 3.73's
sounds to me like you bent up the exhaust. When your driving normal the air isnt moveing very fast and just barely makes it through your bent up exhaust, but when you get on it all of the air tries to get out at once and gets crammed in the bent pipe and that is why its studdering and everything else. Ive seen this happen when peoples cats get clogged. But as suggested earlier jack the car up and make sure you didnt bust your oil or trans pan and look every thing over. Sounds to me like you need new headers and exhuast pipes. Good Luck.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, 355" LT1, LT1
Transmission: T5, Zf6, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, Dana44 3.45, 3.23
Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Originally posted by 1991 Z-28
Your never going to believe this but just today i took out the Z was racing my roomates 350z, was going bout 100 and didnt see a huge ditch coming up.. it was just an open back road.. i hit it hard and bottomed out big time.. my hooker long tube headers are about 1/2 inch off the ground and i smashed them all in... now im hearing a ticking sound very loud, either i punched a hole through, or just popped out he header gasket which happens alot...

the real problem is once i hit the ground.. my rpms crapped out on me... while im driving if i give it gas , the rpms jump as if my clutch was slipping or something, but it jumps back and forth and the rpms jump up and down, lot of shaking and the check engine light is flickering on and off while im flooring it... i can drive it slow but once i try to accelerate this thing seems like its driving on its own.. maybe this is a sensor i messed up? im affraid i did alot of damage and done know what to do, the headers are banged up like over an inch up now any ideas? its driving like crap and i dont know what to do

please help!
Good work dummy! Your lucky you didnt kill someone. Racing at 100mph on the street? what is wrong with you.

-- Joe
Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Originally posted by anesthes
Good work dummy! Your lucky you didnt kill someone. Racing at 100mph on the street? what is wrong with you.

-- Joe

to clairfy.. it was bright sunny day, on open EMTPY back roads... was third gear pull... im already at 100 by the end of third gear... so the race was all of 3 seconds long, didnt realize the ditch coming up...

As for now, i havent jacked it up yet, from what i can see underneath i dont see any leaks... the hooker long tube headers are what took most of the hit. they look bent up, and bent up bad... they are the lowest part of the car by a good inch.. so everytime i hit a dip in the road or speed bump, those thing bang a little... and they were about 1/2 inch off the ground, they appear to be an inch and a 1/2 off the ground now....

the exhaust is leaking from the ticking, not sure if its coming from the header gasket... or just the headers themselves may just be broken from the impact at the bottom ... they do appear to be more then halfway shut (closed) so not as much air would be going through them...

will take pictures sometime this week
Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Originally posted by anesthes

-- Joe

to clairfy.. it was bright sunny day, on open EMTPY back roads... was third gear pull... im already at 100 by the end of third gear... so the race was all of 3 seconds long, didnt realize the ditch coming up...

As for now, i havent jacked it up yet, from what i can see underneath i dont see any leaks... the hooker long tube headers are what took most of the hit. they look bent up, and bent up bad... they are the lowest part of the car by a good inch.. so everytime i hit a dip in the road or speed bump, those thing bang a little... and they were about 1/2 inch off the ground, they appear to be an inch and a 1/2 off the ground now....

the exhaust is leaking from the ticking, not sure if its coming from the header gasket... or just the headers themselves may just be broken from the impact at the bottom ... they do appear to be more then halfway shut (closed) so not as much air would be going through them...

will take pictures sometime this week
Old 04-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: camaro sportcoupe
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: G-Force GF5R
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"
sounds like you may have bent the drivers side header into the slave cylinder for the clutch. no doubt, probably breaking stuff.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

This makes it not stupid how? Do you realize how many fps you are going at 100mph? Did you realize that you covered well over a football field in length in just that 3 seconds? You have super-vision in order to see that far ahead of you on the road.... wait, no you don't because you screwed up your car hitting a ditch doing 100+mph on a back road in a camaro. Should I assume that this road just mythically appeared in the middle of corn fields or were there houses and such on said road?

Thanks for adding to the stereotype. If you'd like to redeem yourself a tad, at least to yourself, why not get off your lazy *** and inspect the car before you throw a rod from a bashed oil pan. Really brilliant to keep driving a damaged car. Must be MENSA material there.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Supreme Member

i hit railroad ties @ about 25 mph and ripped my drainplug out back when i had the lo3... that wasnt fun... but anyways, in addition to what the guys here are saying, GET UNDER THE CAR... you should know a little bit about what youve got and what youre doing if youre driving a 3rdgen with a T56 and long-tubes... at least enough to know you dont drag on a bumpy a$$ backroads cuz the roads that never get used, never get maintained!! and if you actually messed your car up bad enough that the drivability was affected, WHY are you still driving it??? park the b!tch and figure out whats wrong with it... I know when i bottomed out, i pulled over IMMEDIATELY, had it towed, called in for work and got under the b!tch and tried to fix it...
Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 RS Camaro (Jet Black)
Engine: 95 383 CI (6.3) LT1
Transmission: 95 T-56
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Originally posted by Red Devil
This makes it not stupid how? Do you realize how many fps you are going at 100mph? Did you realize that you covered well over a football field in length in just that 3 seconds? You have super-vision in order to see that far ahead of you on the road.... wait, no you don't because you screwed up your car hitting a ditch doing 100+mph on a back road in a camaro. Should I assume that this road just mythically appeared in the middle of corn fields or were there houses and such on said road?

Thanks for adding to the stereotype. If you'd like to redeem yourself a tad, at least to yourself, why not get off your lazy *** and inspect the car before you throw a rod from a bashed oil pan. Really brilliant to keep driving a damaged car. Must be MENSA material there.
Oh yes, and im sure everyone one of you are angels on the street 100% of the time....

Please man, cut the guy some slack, he was on a backroad, I do that **** all the time and it doesn't phase me one bit to have someone come on here acting superior to myself by saying im stupid for doing it when I know damn well 95% did not buy a L98 to get groceries with or "Just for the track."

As far as the actual question, check your oil pan, engine crossmember and T-56 case. I think you pretty much know your exhaust needs to be re-worked.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Supreme Member

i never said i was an angel... haha, but i dont drag on backroads where i know potholes and **** are... i look at the road before i drag... im probably worse because i do organized street drags on a 1/2 mile road up by an airport that isnt a public street... more like one of those warehouse alley streets, but we sweep the road, have the 1/8th and 1/4 marked and keep it pretty smooth running... no money, just racin... granted still illegal... but the point im getting at is, find out whats messed up, look for fluids, impact points... oilpan, tranny pan, slave cyl, check your crossmember for a possible broken engine mount, check the transmount... when you bottom out going that fast, theres a good chance you could have REALLY screwed something up.. good luck man, i ended up seizing the motor and breaking off the end of the dipstick tube so for the few feet that i did drive to pull over the engine was being beaten from the inside out by debris... hope for the best amigo... good luck..
Old 04-11-2005, 01:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Geez the post is asking for help not for you to bash me.. if you dont have anythin good to say, u are a waste of my life and everyone else trying to help.

that car IS PARKED .. in the garage

it is not LEAKING OIL IM NOT AN IDIOT

Nothing appears to be leaking at all.. the car made it home i was only 2 miles from my house. If i had time to get under it i wouod, its called 9-5 job.. and if you COULD READ, it says i would get pictures up sometime tonight or this week... the thread is to give me ideas and HELP me figure out what to check for and what to do to possible fix it.. not to bash me for driving reckless...

I will drive how i want, and open back road is definetly a place to rip it.... if you drive your car like a granny then buy a honda.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 PM

Car: '87 iroc camaro
Engine: 350 L98
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 posi
Just a post to say that i think your car looks awesome dude, one of the best ive seen,. hope you sort it out soon dude.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

I will drive how i want, and open back road is definetly a place to rip it.... if you drive your car like a granny then buy a honda.
I'll tell the parents that, of the next kid I have to mop up off the street.

-- Joe
Old 04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

...it is not LEAKING OIL IM NOT AN IDIOT ...
If not, then you don't know a damn thing about cars. I wasn't worried about oil leaking, but you don't like my opinion so someone else can give you a clue.

And there is a HUGE difference between goofing off stoplight to stoplight, or dragging on an empty overpass/highway and bombing down a back road covering over 146 feet per second... again, on a back road. Those are always perfectly maintained right? Plenty of room right? At that speed should he careen off the road he could potentially go through someones house. I know of a family who lost someone like that because of this exact 'it's a backroad so it's safe to be stupid' attitude. Car came right through the living room wall and pinned and killed someone.

Drive like you want, but if you pull that crap around me I'll take steps to protect myself and my family.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

If not, then you don't know a damn thing about cars. I wasn't worried about oil leaking, but you don't like my opinion so someone else can give you a clue.

And there is a HUGE difference between goofing off stoplight to stoplight, or dragging on an empty overpass/highway and bombing down a back road covering over 146 feet per second... again, on a back road. Those are always perfectly maintained right? Plenty of room right? At that speed should he careen off the road he could potentially go through someones house. I know of a family who lost someone like that because of this exact 'it's a backroad so it's safe to be stupid' attitude. Car came right through the living room wall and pinned and killed someone.

Drive like you want, but if you pull that crap around me I'll take steps to protect myself and my family.

once again this post is not about the way i drive.. it is asking for help..

once again... you post your opinion on the matter, which i dont care about.. i have been driving recklessly in the camaro for 6 years now, this is the first time this has happened... i have wrecked 3 thirdgens and i learn from it everytime and make the steps so it wont happen again.. obviously i do not care about my safety nor wrecking my cars or buying more of them.. my car = my fun .. i had fun, i bottomed out.. i need to fix it.. so i can go about having more stupid fun, and brekaing more parts, and fixing again.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Supreme Member

Actually, my opinion is that you are an inept moron. My opinion is that if you need to wreck a car in order to learn how to drive you are also retarded and more than likely should have your lisc. pulled. My opinion, upon review of your intellectual prowess reflected in this thread, is that I doubt that would stop you from driving.

Here's another flash for you, this is a PUBLIC forum. I don't need your permission to post in any thread. You want private, send out a PM. If you post your own stupidity, be prepared for the sour medicine of reality.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Daz
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: Chevy V8
Transmission: auto
that wouldve suck..but you deserved it..lol
Old 04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83WS6TA
Engine: ZZ4
Transmission: TH350C
Axle/Gears: 3:23
Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

once i try to accelerate this thing seems like its driving on its own..
By the sounds of it the car might as well be driving on its own.

You're on the right track though, best way to learn how to drive real good is to keep wrecking cars until you find out where the limit is - could be a Darwin award in it for you if can get it all together.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Camaro LT
Engine: 355 L98
Transmission: T56
You don't deserve that car. Or to even be allowed to drive for that matter.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 82 firebird s/e 83 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L 305ci 4b carb.....CFI
Transmission: TH200C....700R4
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

.. obviously i do not care about my safety nor wrecking my cars
You shouldnt have a license.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 T/A
Engine: HSR 355
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.77 posi
:: prays 1991 Z-28 dies in a horrible crash before he takes out an innocent family::
Old 04-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 350, ZZ4 equivalent
Transmission: Pro-Built Road Race 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Dana 44
It sounds to me that your 1.2 gigawatt flux capacitor might be damaged, might want to check that out before going over 88mph.

Originally posted by firebirdjosh
:: prays 1991 Z-28 dies in a horrible crash before he takes out an innocent family::
As strongly as I disagree with his actions and frankly think they are idiotic. We all did stupid things in life I just hope he learns his lesson from it and grows up. Don't wish death upon anyone.

Last edited by 89 Iroc Z; 04-11-2005 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Car: '88 GTA
Engine: L-98
Transmission: T-56
here is the fix:

jack up the car, climb under it, lower jack abruptly-problem fixed!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1982 Z28
Engine: LS1

i have been driving recklessly in the camaro for 6 years now, this is the first time this has happened... i have wrecked 3 thirdgens and i learn from it everytime and make the steps so it wont happen again.. obviously i do not care about my safety nor wrecking my cars or buying more of them.. my car = my fun .. i had fun, i bottomed out.. i need to fix it.. so i can go about having more stupid fun, and brekaing more parts, and fixing again.
Suddenly it becomes clear why people think thirdgen drivers are Joe Dirt...

I think you got your head bumped in that first wreck.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Actually, my opinion is that you are an inept moron. My opinion is that if you need to wreck a car in order to learn how to drive you are also retarded and more than likely should have your lisc. pulled. My opinion, upon review of your intellectual prowess reflected in this thread, is that I doubt that would stop you from driving.

Here's another flash for you, this is a PUBLIC forum. I don't need your permission to post in any thread. You want private, send out a PM. If you post your own stupidity, be prepared for the sour medicine of reality.
yes this is a public board.
a TECH BOARD

if you want to bash people for the way they drive, go to some off topic forum.. this forum is tech related in how to fix my car.. the reason it is wrecked should not be of your concern.. what is the point of fixing up your car to be faster, and ride better if you dont plan on using it? last time i checked i have never been in an accident with another car.. only accidents by myself, in places such as back roads... where the only people im going to be hurting are myself.. if im willing to take that risk then by all means i should not have to take mommy crap from you. maybe you like to waste all your money making your car something you can only look at and baby. I put money into it, to enjoy it. if i wreck it.. who cares i probably had a hell of a time doing it. Did i hurt anyone? NO.. do i plan on it ? NO. "omg there is a huge open back road with no cars on it and im going fast... im an idiot what was i thinking?" a ditch came up, theres my crap luck... now i gotta fix it... so what? im not cryin.. im trying to fix it.

its people like you who make me not even want to own a thirdgen. any other forum i can go on and talk about some race i had and what happened, i will not get this mommy daddy bs..

these cars are cheap, and 9 out of 10 of them look like they should be in a junk yard.. you act like i should drive it like its worth something. a 91 z28 with low miles goes for like 5 grand if that.. so i wanna drive it a little recklessly??????? so what?????????????? ill go buy another one with next months pay check geez...

hell.. fear factor wrecks like 3 or 4 of them every week... thats how cheap they are...

people value things in different ways.. keep your opinions to yourself
I drive safe in terms of other peoples safety
in terms of my own saftey.. i can't say the same. but ill tell you one thing.. if your own a fast car... that you have spent alot of money and time on... and you are on a HUGE OPEN ROAD with NO CARS NO PEOPLE NO HOUSES NO COPS ON A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY WITH THE t-TOPs OFF and you DO NOT RIP IT... you need to rethink wtf you are spending any of your money and time on.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
Engine: 283, 2.5,3.8 turbo 350
Transmission: powerglide,auto overdrive, th350,4L80
Originally posted by arrowcamaro
here is the fix:

jack up the car, climb under it, lower jack abruptly-problem fixed!
This would work wonderfully or he could just jack up the car and let it rest on a 2x4 and lay under it and kick it out from under the car that way you dont ruin a good jack at the same time....

People such as this guy are never going to learn a lesson ...I went to school with a guy that was the exact same way and when he finally learned his lesson it was the last one he had to learn ...He was going down a "back road" around 100 mph and didnt realize it was a T road with a row of trees at the T well a long story short it took them 3 1/2 hours to cut his body out of the car .....

So the next time you think its okay to drive 100 + mph down a back road think about it first......

Nah dont think about it just go out and have yourself a good time you wont be missed ...right??
Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 PM

once again this post is not about the way i drive.. it is asking for help..

once again... you post your opinion on the matter, which i dont care about.. i have been driving recklessly in the camaro for 6 years now, this is the first time this has happened... i have wrecked 3 thirdgens and i learn from it everytime and make the steps so it wont happen again.. obviously i do not care about my safety nor wrecking my cars or buying more of them.. my car = my fun .. i had fun, i bottomed out.. i need to fix it.. so i can go about having more stupid fun, and brekaing more parts, and fixing again.
Mature Comment.

I have had the same car for 4 years. Since I was 16. Have never wrecked it or another car for that matter. I've had my share of fun, but I'm not a jackass like you.

Sell the car to someone more worthy of owning it, and buy yourself a 89 Honda Civic.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:05 PM

ok maybe this will clairfy some things for you haters

when i say backroad , i do not mean windy turny, cant see whats around the next turn road

i mean a road thats behind a movie theater, that i can see clear at least 2 miles ahead of me, with no cars in site... not only that it was a straight away the entire 2 miles.. in perfect broad daylight... with only grass around....

does that ease your hating minds?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!

Originally posted by DiecastZ28
Mature Comment.

I have had the same car for 4 years. Since I was 16. Have never wrecked it or another car for that matter. I've had my share of fun, but I'm not a jackass like you.

Sell the car to someone more worthy of owning it, and buy yourself a 89 Honda Civic.
yes and since your young and have your 2 thousand dollar car for 4 years, means you value your car ALOT.. which is fine, but coming from my point of view.. i can buy another one the next day... i value it less, i value the way i drive it less... you dont want to wreck yours or drive it rough beacuse it has more value to you... which is fine.. but do u think a billionare cares if he takes a turn in his ferarri to fast and rams into a wall? no hes going to buy a new one the next day, and have fun with it
Old 04-11-2005, 04:09 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

does that ease your hating minds?
No. Your still dumb. Not as dumb as the last guy I arrested, but close.

-- Joe
Old 04-11-2005, 04:14 PM

so flooring your car on an open road is dumb?

an open 2 mile straight away on a sunny day..

if thats dumb then you are retarded
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 PM

Car: 1993 Toyota Supra
Engine: Inline 6
Transmission: 6 Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.13
Cry my a river. The guy is on an open straight-away on a nice day, sunny, no cars in-sight, no houses or people in the area....he hits the gas. WTF is wrong with that? He's not doing donuts on a kindergarten playground while school is in session. You guys have CAMAROS and FIREBIRDS...these are called SPORTS cars. Why would you buy a car like this, dump more money into performance than the car is worth times 3, and granny drive it?

Move on, and help out. This forum crew is rough.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: '91 TA vert
Engine: turboLSx
Axle/Gears: 3.23
A lot of crap in this thread. Just cut the guy some ****ing slack. If he's going to wreck it, he's going to wreck. No amount of you guys yelling at him OVER THE INTERNET will stop that.

WRT the post, where's your o2 sensor in the longtubes? I'd check that and then the slave cylinder. Do the paperclip trick to see what codes it's throwing. Paperclip in the top right two ALDL plugs.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Supreme Member

A retarded cop... seems I've heard a joke like that somewhere....

You've wrecked three cars and apparently haven't learned a thing. You have NO concept of your actual relative speed, yet you think that you could never hurt anyone because, well, you're just right about that. Right?

Never a possibility that someone is on the side of the road when you run over a tortoise blowing out your tire and flipping your piece of crap.

Yes, I spend money an my cars, yes some of them accelerate quicker than your average automobile. Do I do stupid things in them? I guess that's a relative question. In comparison to your brilliance? Never.

As for it being a tech forum, yes it is, and I provided you with a very legitimate concern...

...Thanks for adding to the stereotype. If you'd like to redeem yourself a tad, at least to yourself, why not get off your lazy *** and inspect the car before you throw a rod from a bashed oil pan. ...
Your response was

...it is not LEAKING OIL IM NOT AN IDIOT ...
Which leads me to believe four things.

1. You don’t have a fast car.
2. You don’t know how to work on them.
3. Your reading comprehension skills suck.
4. You probably will end up throwing a rod or spinning a bearing or some such because in your ignorant mechanical determination, if the pan isn’t leaking everything is all right.

And number four is exactly why you don’t get why everyone is giving you the ‘mommy and daddy’ speech.

Der - the problem with that is he is full of crap, there are always things/people/items around unless you are out in farm country. He's not. If he'd like to mention the movie theatre I'm sure I could find a pic or three to prove my point.

Ian - Tell that to a victim’s family. 'Well, he was going to wreck, he wrecked. Just happened to take out your son in the process...' I'll bet you can't, and if you do get it out, one of them would probably beat the ever-lovin' crap out of you on the spot.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Engine: 355 6"rod tbi - in the works
Transmission: 4L60E
lmao wait - so now its a bright sunny day, open road for 2 miles with just grass on the side, you can see clear ahead of you for 2 miles, yet you still somehow did not see the ditch? pick a story and stick with it.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:45 PM

[B]A retarded cop... seems I've heard a joke like that somewhere....

You've wrecked three cars and apparently haven't learned a thing. You have NO concept of your actual relative speed, yet you think that you could never hurt anyone because, well, you're just right about that. Right?

Never a possibility that someone is on the side of the road when you run over a tortoise blowing out your tire and flipping your piece of crap.

Yes, I spend money an my cars, yes some of them accelerate quicker than your average automobile. Do I do stupid things in them? I guess that's a relative question. In comparison to your brilliance? Never.

As for it being a tech forum, yes it is, and I provided you with a very legitimate concern...

Your response was

Which leads me to believe four things.

1. You don’t have a fast car.
2. You don’t know how to work on them.
3. Your reading comprehension skills suck.
4. You probably will end up throwing a rod or spinning a bearing or some such because in your ignorant mechanical determination, if the pan isn’t leaking everything is all right.
wahhh wahhh wahhh

1. i have 12K invested in just performace... its faster then what you drive

2. No ****? hence i am posting on a tech forum for help? oh im sorry the retarded cop didnt catch that one... i can do minor work, otherwise i would NOT BE POSTING ON A TECH FORUM.. your the "RETARD" posting all this BS on a tech forum asking for help which leads me to NUMBER 3

3. THIS IS A GENERAL TECH FORUM BOARD ASKING FOR HELP ON A BOTTOM OUT SITUATION.. the retarded cop said " wtf.. an open highway.. with 2 miles straight away, no cars coming, no trees.. just grass... wtf are u crazy? you could kill the innocent chicldred 40 miles away and slam through there house and i would have to come and clean up the mess." where is this tech related?

where are u a help in anyway? i think YOU NEED TO READ

You are a cop... hence no real education and are calling a kid with a college degree and better job then u will ever get an idiot... nice

4. If i **** up my car.. i dont care... what are you not understanding.. the topic is how to fix the CURRENT PROBLEM not how i drive

Last edited by 1991 Z-28; 04-11-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by z71stroker
lmao wait - so now its a bright sunny day, open road for 2 miles with just grass on the side, you can see clear ahead of you for 2 miles, yet you still somehow did not see the ditch? pick a story and stick with it.

yes .. a ditch meaning a small part of the road that is lower then the part before it..

hence you cannot see this going 100 mph.. its a little crease in the road.. not a crater hole from the astroid that brought the retarded cop here

my bad i just said ditch... would small crease in the road help? must everything i say get technical? the story is the same... you people are trying to make it seem more then its not...

Last edited by 1991 Z-28; 04-11-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Iroc Z
Engine: 383ci.
Transmission: WC-T5
This board is so full of hypocrites. Like any of you don't **** around when your in your car, let alone when you take it out the first time for a season.

Sure, wrecking 3 is completely retarded and maybe he should be restricted to a Schwinn, but you all screw around at one time or another.

Even the cops, hell the cops probably do worse **** than the norm, due to the fact that they have a better chance of getting off if caught for speeding.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: clapped out 84Z
Engine: 355 efi roller
Transmission: tremec TKO
LMFAO...this **** is great. Post some pics so someone can help you.

Your car is definitely not getting fixed by doing all of this typing.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 TTA
Engine: LC2
Transmission: Worn-out 200R4
Axle/Gears: BW 9-bolt, 3.27's
I did 104 once. Bone-stock suspension with really crummy tires. Nothing happened, but once I saw how fast I was going, I flipped out and reigned it in real quick. Never again. (of course, there's always the little get-to-the-speed-limit-as-fast-as-possible thing I tend to do...)
Old 04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Supreme Member

wahhh wahhh wahhh

1. i have 12K invested in just performace... its faster then what you drive
you got ripped off my friend... last time i checked full on LS1/T56 swaps could be had for about 3k...

that and youre right, you did ask for help, but ppl who have had bad experiences with people like you racing around residential areas causing problems then whining because they were stupid enough to break something... they are allowed to bitch at you just like you are allowed to retaliate... one of the virtues of the greatest nation ever... You have the right to drive like a douschebag... but other ppl have the right to flame you for it...

one last thing... 9-5??? i go to school 6am-1pm, work from 2-10pm and i still find time to fix my pride and joy... quit making excuses... youre obviously an enthusiast and you have pride in what youre doing, quit making excuses, quit defending yourself and get er done...
Old 04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
yes .. a ditch meaning a small part of the road that is lower then the part before it..

hence you cannot see this going 100 mph.. its a little crease in the road.. not a crater hole from the astroid that brought the retarded cop here

my bad i just said ditch... would small crease in the road help? must everything i say get technical? the story is the same... you people are trying to make it seem more then its not...
okay so its a dip in the road not a ditch there is a huge difference there and as the story takes another turn

and in your own post you say that " hence you cannot see this going 100 mph "......this is the reason you are being retarded by going 100 mph or more on a public roadway you cannot react to anything even a dip or pothole in the road.....this is why we have RACE TRACKS....good luck in the future and hopefully you dont kill anybody or anybody i know for that matter.... tard
Old 04-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by pvt num 11
I did 104 once. Bone-stock suspension with really crummy tires. Nothing happened, but once I saw how fast I was going, I flipped out and reigned it in real quick. Never again. (of course, there's always the little get-to-the-speed-limit-as-fast-as-possible thing I tend to do...)
alot of people do the hole shot to the speedlimit thing ....nothing really wrong with it unless their is a cop around they tend to frown upon it....LMAO
Old 04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Cruz'N Bruz'R
This board is so full of hypocrites. Like any of you don't **** around when your in your car, let alone when you take it out the first time for a season.

Sure, wrecking 3 is completely retarded and maybe he should be restricted to a Schwinn, but you all screw around at one time or another.

Even the cops, hell the cops probably do worse **** than the norm, due to the fact that they have a better chance of getting off if caught for speeding.

i already said i screw around in my car, but i dont come on TGO and whine about it, if i were to spend that much money on my car, i would invest the time to know how to fix it... i have broken parts cuz of reckless driving, i have come close to near wrecks because i drive recklessly, i have since learned... and it didnt take me 3 thirdgens... all im trying to say is, dont come whine asking for help if you cant handle the bad as well... anyways, im done with this... im going to go work on my camaro, good luck friend i hope you get her fixed, cuz even though bad **** happened, i still hate to see ANY thirdgen bite the dust...
Old 04-11-2005, 05:20 PM

ok before you post on money, wouldnt u rather ask about what i have before flaming? or at least i would think

my engine is a zz4 350, that is more then 3k alone.. so already you look stupid and i havent posted anything else i have done.. including thiings like purchasing a t56? that costs alot.. a near rear end? thats alot too??? sub frame connectors hooker long tube headers stealth ram, the list goes much more on... 12k was not WELL spent but it was spent.

Quick Reply: Bottomed Out Going 100mph Please Help!!!