Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

hesitates when i step on gas hard

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hesitates when i step on gas hard

i have a 88 irocz 350 l98 and 2 days ago i checked the water and oil and both were empty i had just done a oil change two months ago and had recently put water a week ago now yesterday when i was low on gas i took a sharp turn and stepped on it instantly and car didnt respond now today when i step on it too hard at any speed or take off it hesitates and will go and stop until i let off gas could it be my fuel filter got clogged up???Im new so i dont know much about engines or anything so any help is greatly appreciated
Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Re: hesitates when i step on gas hard

Please use punctuation so we don't have to work so hard to read about your problem.

Were you low on fuel when you rounded the corner? You may have sucked air and damged a pump that might already be weak. But the filter is a good place to start, when did you change it last?

And you should check your oil more than every 2 months. Driving without water and oil is really bad.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: hesitates when i step on gas hard

Yes I was low on fuel almost empty. The last time I changed it was about4 months ago. I bought the filter already and I'm going to change it out tommorrow hopefully it fixes the problem thanks. And by pump you mean fuel pump?