Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

no power and no crank after head gasket job

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no power and no crank after head gasket job

I recently did the head gaskets on my 1991 rs tbi. after I finished it all up I went to turn the key and got nothing. no crank no fuel nothing. the only thing that happens when I turn key is the radio windows and wipers. the ac blower nor the engine fan kick on either. the strange thing is that when I turn the key the only lights I get are the seatbelt and brake warning lights. the normal security light and check engine light when you turn the key aren't there. I have power to every thing.I checked the fuse by the battery and the fusable links there too. im at a loss. please sages of third gen help me you are my only hope!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: no power and no crank after head gasket job

you probably missed a ground or have a loose connection somewhere. Battery cables tight on the battery? when checking fuses and fusible links, skip the visual and use a test light or a volt meter. Def an electrical problem. did you pinch any wires when putting back together? I'd have a test light and start probing around the fuse block and battery connections to see where you have or don't have power and go from there.