Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

EECS plumbing question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EECS plumbing question

Guys,
I'm new to this forum, but used others in the past, so I researched this question for a while before starting a new thread. But, just in case, I apologize in advance if this information is already elsewhere on the forum.

I'm swapping a 1990 5.7L L98 TPI engine and trans into a 1977 Datsun 280Z in Calif., so it all has to be emissions legal/complete. The vapor purge tank is ECM controlled, so it has a wiring connector, and has three tubes:
1. One for the fuel vent line (with the solenoid valve inline). Got it.
2. One for the purge to the TPI throttle body. Got it.
3. And one for inlet air (this one has a plastic tee fitting in the end) ?????

The third tube for inlet air is driving me crazy since I have no idea where to plumb the ends of the tee fitting. Do any of you know where that tube terminates, specifically on a '90 Camaro/Firebird with a 5.7L TPI so that I can get through a CARB engine change procedure?

I have the Helms factory manual for a '90 Camaro and have researched that thoroughly. No help.
I've read the threads on this forum about Evap Canister mounting, etc., but this is a different question.
I'm a few weekend days away from finally being able to fire this thing up, but to make it smog-legal, I need to figure out this vent tube plumbing issue.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sstallings; 06-10-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Clarification & update