Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

RVS Technology Engine treatment

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVS Technology Engine treatment

Hi Guys!

We have just launched a new product/company in the US for the first time from Finland and I thought you guys would be a good fit to try our products.

I am an avid car enthusiast and have used my products on my own cars with great results.

What we sell is triboceramic nanotechnology engine/transmission/power steering products that can restore worn mechanisms to like new and also provide amazing protection for new engines/mechanisms. We have been in business in Northern Europe for over 14 years and we have certifications from TUV Sud and Fraunhofen of Germany (our product seems too good to be true to most people, hence the need for certs). To really get the gist of our products, I urge to visit our website at www.rvs-usa.com

We are especially getting great results with bigger V engines just like most likely used in your third gen Camaro or Firebird.

Some Key benefits of RVS Technology:

- Restore a worn engine to like new
-RVS will increase fuel economy
-RVS will increase power (increase compression in worn engines, less friction, turbos/superchargers will spin more freely etc.)
- Coat engine, turbos, transmissions, power steerings etc. with a triboceramic surface that will prolong the life of the components up to 70%
- Smoother and quieter running engine
- One time application (two treatments for worn engines) that lasts at least 60k miles!
- Protect engine from loss of oil, cold starts, or in case of overheating.
- Prolong the life of the transmission, power steering pump.
- lower oil temps

We also have been involved in many different fields in racing and have great results from there (Finnish Championship Drifting, world championship winning F1 Powerboat, European Time Attack championship with Valtonen Motorsports RX7, FIM World Championship motorcycle side-car racing etc.)

Here is a link to a youtube video showing a more in depth look how the technology works.

Feel free to check out the other vids as well

I have special coupon code for Third gen forum members called "thirdgen". You will receive 15% off and free shipping. We are also on Amazon or ebay if you feel more comfortable that way.

Please, if you have any questions, I will gladly answer them

Old 07-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: RVS Technology Engine treatment

Any questions gentlemen?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

I am also looking for members to do a product review in exchange for free product. PM me for more info!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi

How do your products perform with flat tappet cams?
Do you have a product for rear differentials?
How do your transmission products improve manual transmissions?
Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by midias
How do your products perform with flat tappet cams?
Do you have a product for rear differentials?
How do your transmission products improve manual transmissions?
Hello and thank you for these questions

1. Full disclosure, I am not an engineer, and while I know generally how an engine works I am not wholly proficient to very intelligently to answer your question. I forwarded your question to the owner of the business in Finland who also is an engineer and will be able to provide a more technical answer.
Now what I can answer is, in layman's terms, is that our product should perform very well. Anywhere oil travels, and there is high heat (ie. friction), our product will coat and protect those areas, especially if there is wear there. Now our product is not an oil additive because it doesn't change the properties of the oil, but actually integrates with the original metal surface (aluminum too).
2. Unfortunately now, we in the US are just starting out with our automatic transmission, along with engine and power steering products. We have a manual transmission product in two different strengths in Finland (T5 and T3) that also works in differentials as well, and to great results (years of testimonials on local forums etc.). I do have a couple of sample products left, so If you have a vehicle that is not shifting as smoothly or the diff keeps some noise, we could certainly work something out for you to try it. We will eventually add these products to the inventory as well.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok,

So I received an answer regarding the Flat Tappet Cams. As I understood there has been a problem running these engines due to the ZDDP additive being banned by the EPA. Well our RVS triboceramic products have been used in these types of engines using Flat tappet cams and our product can supplant the use of ZDDP. I will have a member testing the product for themselves and hopefully we will have a good data for you guys and a new solution to a persistent problem
Old 08-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi

Just a heads up for the board. I received my sample of RVS treatment and treated my TA and 1982 V45 Magna. I have not made it through the 250 mile treatment process yet due to near constant rain and 60-70hr weeks but I have made it about 150 miles on each vehicle. I did a compression test before hand on the magna and I am going to do another soon. I also have the rear end treatment that I plan on doing when I get the car on the lift for the 250 mile oil change.

On the TA I have an aftermarket A/F, Vac, Oil pressure and Temp meter. The only one that seems to show any difference is oil. It may be a 1-2 PSI higher but I am not sure as it is still within normal range. The motor its self only has about 7k miles on it. MPG is about the same roughly 15mpg One thing I have noticed is the engine does seem smoother I have poly motor and trans mounts so I generally notice all motor vibrations. I thought it was my imagination but my wife commented on it and she had no idea I did the treatment. I will give another update when I finish the process.

On my motorcycle I ran the process down to the letter making sure to vary time spent in each gear. I still don't know the results of the compression changes but I will report that when I do. So far nothing bad to report oil pressure is about the same but I swear the bike shifts smoother. I regularly had a small grind going from 1st to second and it has diminished greatly. Once again I will report back
Old 08-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the update Midias. You should see further effects and gains after second treatment and some miles. Your experience with your Magna is something we have seen a lot in Finland from older bikes. The clutch should start working better too, as well as some increased power with more willingness to rev
Old 08-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 239 Likes on 185 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

What is the Cost for the different treatments. I see the product is similar to ZMax.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

HI Vinny R and thanks for the question. I am familiar with Zmax and have heard from a friend who is a reputable tuner that Zmax indeed does work.

However there are a few key differences:

-RVS Technology actually can create new surface in an engine, differential etc., ie. in any metal friction surface. This then leads to increased compression, among many other benefits. It does not just seep in like Zmax.

- Our product lasts at least 60k miles and over 5 years (or 2500 hours in machinery)vs 6k miles/6 months for Zmax since apparently their product seeps out from the metal with time. The RVS layer will wear down yes, but the process takes a really long time.

- RVS is also great at repelling corrosion and rust, hence why many boaters use our products. This is a problem in Northern climates where the boat sits for over half the year, increasing the chance of corrosion happening.

- We also have patents on our Triboceramic technology, and I couldn't find anything that says Zmax has patents on their "Linkite" technology. In addition we have the trusted certifications from TUV Sud and Frauhofer Institute from Germany.

I'd like to also point out that while Zmax probably works as said, they do not provide any real data or access to the tests they've provided, at least I couldn't find any.

You can check out some of our testimonials from our website among more specific info on our product.

Our products work according to your oil displacement. So if your vehicles takes 4-6 quarts of oil, you would use our G6 product ($69.95), if it takes 6-9, you'd use the G8. Say you had a bigger motor/generator that took say 12 quarts of oil, you can combine a G4 and a G8 product to make the right strength of treatment. For vehicles with more than 25k miles we highly recommend two treatments. This is due to the fact that most of the power of the first treatment will be lost on "cleaning" of the engine. The second treatment will then have a clean surface to adhere and "build" into if needed (depending on wear, our product only adheres to high heat surfaces, meaning friction zones).

I know this is a lot of text, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I am also running a promotion on facebook and you can use the coupon code "RVSFB" to get 20% off and free shipping if you'd like to try the product