Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Help Identifying ACDelco Ignition Modules

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1985 Z28
Engine: 334 Stroker Superram 222/230
Transmission: Full Manual 700R4 / 3k Street Edge
Axle/Gears: 3.90 Eaton, Moser, Richmond & More
Help Identifying ACDelco Ignition Modules

Hey guys. Had a few questions regarding an ACDelco module I recently purchased.

I just recently added a CD ignition to my car, so I am no longer concerned with which module I have in my distributor performance wise as much as I am concerned about reliability and a clean signal to the ECM (EBL). I am planning on removing the module from my DUI turnkey distributor and replacing it with an ACDelco module in hopes that it cures a small RPM oscillation that shows up in the RPM signal of datalogs which I've been plagued with for years, especially at higher RPMs (Yes I am running the correct wires with resistor spark plugs).

I purchased a NOS ACDelco module off fleabay, but had a few questions about it before installing it. Doing a bit of research, it seems that the correct PN of the 7 pin module for an LB9/L98 is 19179581. The module I purchased from ebay itself is PN 10482832. If I have consulted google correctly, they are the same part, just that the 191 superseded the 104. Is there anything else there that I missed? Any real differences between the two numbers?

Next question is how to identify the marking on the module itself and ensure that what is in the box is what I actually bought instead of some cheapo parts store module. I have attached photos of the box and the module itself.

Lastly, how good is the quality control for parts made in Singapore? Factory ACDelco stuff is usually hailed as more reliable than aftermarket but it appears this is still an off-shore part?

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by FireDemonSiC; 06-12-2019 at 07:20 PM.