Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

yeehaa, i won my first 2 races ever :D

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeehaa, i won my first 2 races ever :D

yea bebe, heres the story.

when I was leaving school yesterday I pulled out of the parking lot and headed toward da street light, right in front of me was an 80's firbird SE, same color match as my Camaro, it even had the same pinstrip as my camaro, it was erie, there was an empty spot right next to him as if we were destined to race, I pulled up next to him and we looked at each other, he nodded his head and so did I, well I guess his nod was a "wana race bod" because he started revvin tha engine and julting foward, I just said screw it something inside told me he had a V6 and I should go ***** out, well I did the same, " I have an automatic" I put the sucka in first and decided to manual shift power braked and when the light turned green we went at it, right off the line I was a car and a half ahead of him, we stayed like this for a while and at the same time I was slowly pulling ahead , well at about 60 we slowed down and he made a quick right turn as I kept going proud and happy as hell that I won me first race.

my second race happened the day after I told my friend the story and he wanted to race me " he has a 1998 Ford contour" I was like "your on" since it was just for fun, we got in our cars and headed to a light, like before right off the line I was almost a cars lenght ahead and we stayed that way till about 60 when we slowed down, he gave me props and I was twice as happy, my car is practically bone stock so im happy knowing whats in store when I throw in the cam shaft, roller rockers, and double timing chain

note: im not getting ****y, im just happy to actually win soemting, and I know there are plenty V8's out there that can hand my a$$ to me at any time, well until I get my mods

------------------

-------------------------
87 V6 2.8 MPFI Camaro SC
-------------------------
Modded dual snorkle intake "bottoms hacked off", K&N air filters, Crane Cams 8.5mm fire wire, Accel Cap and Rotor, MSDcoil. upcoming mods:
Dynomax CatBack exaust system = VERY SOON
compu cams cam shaft, CC roller rockers, double timing chain

first kill ever = 80's FireBird SE Others: 1998 Ford Conture

[This message has been edited by 87_Camaro (edited November 05, 2001).]
Old 11-05-2001, 04:07 PM

dp

[This message has been edited by 87_Camaro (edited November 05, 2001).]
Old 11-05-2001, 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98
how much horsepower do you think you will have out of that 2.8 with those mods? i would stick with sub v8 cars but thats just me. you want a seriously good mod for your car, do a 5 speed swap. that will help out a lot.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:58 PM

thanks man, ya i was thinking sbout doing that, but im gonna get cup holders first

alot of people tell me "put in a V8" but they just dont know how much friggin work it would be, first i would ahev to have a donor cara nd pull every single thing out o it and put it in my car, i may as well sell my car and get a new one but my car is in damn good condition, V8's are fast without any mods, but i actually want to make my car fast, I want to be proud of what i accomplished.

EDIT:

the amount of horse power with the mods I listed above should put me at about 170hp, but I have other mods im going to do " a whole lot of port & polishing, etc." that will get me over the 210 mark, more powerful than a stock V8 camaro, and no it's not nitrouse or a blower.

[This message has been edited by 87_Camaro (edited November 06, 2001).]
Old 11-05-2001, 09:18 PM

Car: '99 Cobra
Engine: 4.6 DOHC 32V
Transmission: T-45
Axle/Gears: 4.10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 87_Camaro:
the amount of horse power with the mods I listed above should put me well over 210hp, more powerful than a stock V8 camaro </font>

but you still won't have that all-needed torque for the hard launches without a V8

------------------
1987 Camaro IROC-Z/Z28
305 TPI - 5-speed
Full Competition Kenwood System
Duff Man says, "Oh Yea!"
Old 11-05-2001, 10:34 PM

210 horses is VERY optimistic. I would be happy with 175 if I were you. I I remeber right the 2.8 made 135hp stock and a cam and exhasut won't give you 75hp+. Gongrats on your kills BTW
Old 11-06-2001, 08:28 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maksik7:
210 horses is VERY optimistic. I would be happy with 175 if I were you. I I remeber right the 2.8 made 135hp stock and a cam and exhasut won't give you 75hp+. Gongrats on your kills BTW</font>

there i changed my post above to explain it better , ya the mods I listed before wont get me past 210, but there are many more mods I can do that will
Old 11-06-2001, 09:32 AM
Banned

210 is more than stock camaros? wow. my GTA came stock with ~245.. check your numbers.
but 210 out of a 2.8, i've seen it done. took a f*ckload of work. but yes, it HAS been done.

good luck.. but just remember.. if you feel the need to be reminded of just how fast a v8 is, stop in orlando some time. My nitrous express kit is going on tonight hellllo 11s.

------------------
Decently worked 87 GTA; finally got a good time out of her: 12.72 @ 116.4mph
other toys: 2002 Yamaha R6 , and a 97 Supra TT

Old 11-06-2001, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
I believe he's referring to 305 cars. The majority of them were rated under 210 hp, that is the LG4, LO3 and some others.

------------------
"Putting any amount of money into a RICE BURNER is like wiping your a$$ with a turd. "
'86 IROC
T-TOPS, TINTED WINDOWS, BRAKE LIGHT BLACKOUTS
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
3" Hooker CatBack w/Aero Chamber muffler
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat, just switched to 180* b/c of winter coming and going to college in the mts.
3:73 Posi
Rebuilt 700R4
B&M Megashifter, 5" Autometer Tach w/shift lite
Old 11-06-2001, 11:36 AM
Banned

woops. my bad on that one. sorry, i just don't consider a 305 a v8.

haha. jk
*ben hides from willie's supercharged 305

------------------
Decently worked 87 GTA; finally got a good time out of her: 12.72 @ 116.4mph
other toys: 2002 Yamaha R6 , and a 97 Supra TT

Old 11-06-2001, 02:31 PM

yea ben I was talking about a 305 tbi or tpi camaro's stock hp, not a GTA 350 TPI ROFL give em a break.

and ben, love your trans am, i would give my leftarm for one.

[This message has been edited by 87_Camaro (edited November 06, 2001).]
Old 11-06-2001, 05:06 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T5
All V6's SUCK! Just drop a v8 in there and you can hang with the big boys!
Ha ha! Great job man, I remember my first race with a camaro. It gives you so much more adrenaline then anything else I think! There's like a comaraderie (Hope I spelled that right) with people in camaro's and firebird's. People say what's up and talk to each other at stop lights because of what they drive. It's great, it's like when you drive a jeep! If you start getting that high in the horses, you'd better share the knowledge with the rest of us sixers! You have a great looking car and good luck with the mods!

------------------
1992 Polo Green RS 3.1L K&N conical and working on the ram air....

"Yeah, it's a V6 SO WHAT!?"
Old 11-06-2001, 07:08 PM

i hate to burst your bubble, but you cant go by the highest hp numbers on the boxes of your bolt ons. in other words, there is no way you have 170 horse. a cat back will not give as much hp to a V6 as it will for a V8. if you want to go w/ a V6 a 2.8 is not really the most economical choice. it would be cheaper to buy another car than to make a 2.8 fast. The only to do any serious work on the engine u will need to pull the motor anyways. botom line, if you want a fast car and you are not full of cash, get a better motor. sorry i didnt mean this as a flame of any sorts its just my opinion.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:07 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 89FormulaL98:
i hate to burst your bubble, but you cant go by the highest hp numbers on the boxes of your bolt ons. in other words, there is no way you have 170 horse. a cat back will not give as much hp to a V6 as it will for a V8. if you want to go w/ a V6 a 2.8 is not really the most economical choice. it would be cheaper to buy another car than to make a 2.8 fast. The only to do any serious work on the engine u will need to pull the motor anyways. botom line, if you want a fast car and you are not full of cash, get a better motor. sorry i didnt mean this as a flame of any sorts its just my opinion.</font>

no offense taken , I understand exactly what ya mean, but this is my first car and even thought its not the fastest car, its not a V8, and it doesn't have GFX, i love it. i will keep this car until the dya it craps out on me, why, becuas eits my first car, i will give it the best treatment and tune ups i can, why, because its my first car, you get the point .

BUT as soon as the day comes that my baby seases to exist or i wreck it beyond reckodnition, wich ever comes first, you know i will be buying my IROC Z or TA for sure baby yea!

Old 11-06-2001, 09:09 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by elevario:
All V6's SUCK! Just drop a v8 in there and you can hang with the big boys!
Ha ha! Great job man, I remember my first race with a camaro. It gives you so much more adrenaline then anything else I think! There's like a comaraderie (Hope I spelled that right) with people in camaro's and firebird's. People say what's up and talk to each other at stop lights because of what they drive. It's great, it's like when you drive a jeep! If you start getting that high in the horses, you'd better share the knowledge with the rest of us sixers! You have a great looking car and good luck with the mods!

</font>
thanks man i appreciate it, hey since we live so close together we should meet someday that would be cool, check out each others cars maybe even race

Old 11-07-2001, 05:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T5
Sounds cool, my car needs a paint job pretty bad though. When I finally get enough money to paint it, it will look REALLY nice! You're lucky, you got a nice looking car right from the start! I've been looking around for your car, do you know how many white sport coupes with bras there are in tucson!?

------------------
1992 Polo Green RS 3.1L K&N conical and working on the ram air....

"Yeah, it's a V6 SO WHAT!?"