Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

My post LSX/T56 Kill list.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 91' Z28. 70' Dune Buggy
Engine: LSX Cam/Full Bolt ons
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
My post LSX/T56 Kill list.

Since the swap I've ran into a few cars. Of course in a foreign country, on private roads.

My car. LS1 1991 camaro with a T56. I have Vengeance Racing Cam, Long tubes, 4.10 gears, very well built exhaust system, and still on the base tune. Needs to be retuned.

Kills
LS2 GTO
Porsche
Ferrari

First kill was a heads and cam LS2 GTO. At this time I just finished the swap and was running really rich, and my spark was not consistent. I pulled hard the first run, which was in 2nd gear. Other runs he got me, but I was having major driver error on my end, from still learning the newly built car.

Second kill.

New black Porsche Cayman. From what I could see, It had nasty exhaust system, some sweet wheels, and slicks. We ran a couple of times. Each time I pulled HARD. After the runs, we where side by side in traffic at a light. The guy was super cool, and told me he was giving the car all it had. By far not the fastest car porsche has made, but it is still a new porsche.

Third Kill.

A ferrari. Thats right. One of those spaceship looking suckers. It was a young kid, with a pull me over yellow Ferrari Testorosta. It had an exhaust and alot of go fast stickers.

I was on my way home turning right, when the Ferrari was coming behind me, about to turn left. Traffic was moderate, and as he rolled pass me, about to come to a stop at the light, he gave me a rev. So I changed lanes and got behind him. As I am behind him at the light, I open the dual cutouts. Which is loud as hell. Cam starts really hitting a lick. I immediately see him start checking his mirrors, like someone riding dirty, with the police behind them.

Light turns green, we turned, and I got in the lane be side him. We were rolling, side by side, I was in the bottom of third gear, should have been in second, but couldn't down shift due to clutch disengagement problems. He honked it off, and he punched it on the second honk and got the jump. I caught up a tad, and we were running side by side, full throttle, then I hit the "sweet spot" where the cam really shines, and I pull. I put about a car length and a half on him, and shut it down due to speed. I gave him thumbs up, and he nodded and we went our own ways.

Each car should above should be a sub 5 sec 0-60 car.

After driving the car for so long with a 200rwhp 305/auto, I kind of got use to having a very slow car, that I could only wish would be as fast as other cars. It's nice knowing what I built can now run with and beat respectable cars.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10bolt w3.42 Torsen
Re: My post LSX/T56 Kill list.

Good kills. Add some snakes and ponies! These stories make me excited for my swap! Have you seen this? https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theo...crash-svt.html

I like the testerosa story. Those are one of my all time favorite Ferraris. Those and the F40 and F50.