Third Gen Association of Ontario Regional message board for everyone in Southern Ontario and nearby regions.

need help with climate controls!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
need help with climate controls!!!

I posted this in the tech section, but its already way down in the list of posts and has few views...so perhaps I'll get an answer here.

This is what i posted:

Hi,

Before I start - yes, I've searched and read through the results.

I think my climate controls are only blowing through the defrost vents, but it also seems like they are blowing through the bottom vents too (so perhaps its stuck on bi-level?).

Either way - I checked all the vacuum lines on the interior of the car. They are all good, with no kinks/bends and they all connect to their diaphrams properly.

I know the purple line is the "input" line for the vacuum from the engine bay, and there is another grey one that connects to the same plug (I don't know what it's for). The side that connects with the purple line does suck air in, albeit not as much as I would expect it to. How hard should it be sucking?

I unplugged the vacuum lines from the climate control pod thing, and the purple lines ARE sucking air, but its quite weak.

What should my next step be? The climate controls don't change their behaviour when the vacuum lines are completely disconnected from the pod. Is the vacuum in the purple line perhaps not strong enough?

One more question - My AC doesn't seem to work, and I don't know if it is because I need a recharge or because it isn't going on. How can you tell if the compressor is on?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Re: need help with climate controls!!!

nobody has anything?