V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Street Racing Power of the 3.4!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Racing Power of the 3.4!

Nice day in LA.
Took the surface street from the San Fernando Valley to the Westside of Los Angeles.
Sepulveda Blvd. (pass). running along 405 Freeway
Notice LOTS of cops & radar on way going South.
Coming back I KNEW they be there, too.
I set someone up BIG TIME.
This Jetta manned by two college kids (looked young), I wouldn't let them CUT in front of me as the lane goes Two lanes to One for construction zone after I used the Power of the 3.4 for that lane manuver.
He tailgates me as I cruise down to 40-45MPH. Driver & his friend thought they were just so FAST & COOL by blowing past me and even knocking down lane "don't drive here cones" as they cut back infront of me.
All I thought was "Where are the COPS when ya need them!" I mean, why waste my gas chasing them, they were really fu(king idiots!
Right behind me, AT WARP SPEED, IS LA'S FINEST JUST FLYING TO GET THEM! LIGHTS A FLASHING AND I DO MEAN FLYING (I was impressed by that Ford 302 (?)!) as I was cruising slightly under 50 MPH.
I CASUALLY CRUISE PAST THE STUPID IDIOTS IN THE WHITE JETTA AS THEY WERE ONSIDE OF ROAD ALREADY PULLED OVER BY THE LA COP CRUISER, and I just waved and laughed as I passed them!
I "didn't beep horn" in victory as I was going over the 40 MPH speed limit & I wasn't about to join their fun! I swear I saw the cop laughing at these kids (3 infractions & you can be carted off to jail-this idiot driver did speeding, tailgating, passing into construction zone & no turn signals used during lane change) as I passed all of them.

I hadn't has the chance to set someone up for a speed trap since 1980 and Washington DC radar gun days. Boy, was that guys date pissed as I passed them by side of road with DC cop cruiser behind them!

OK Tech part!
I finally found the radiator leak!
MY RADIATOR CAP fell apart in three pieces as I removed it to check the water level. Water leaking thru the center part of cap!
Spent $5, no more leaks, onto new heater core mission ($28 local Pep Boys preformed hoses are from GM dealer I need those, too).

I thought I'd share the Power of the 3.4 with everyone.

"Not Every Race is Won with Fastest Most Powerful Engine, Grasshopper!"

There is JUSTICE
Old 10-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
Good job Ked. I had my g/f in the car with me one night and was able to set someone up for a radar trap. Pulled to a light, guy revved his engine, i look over at him, he's like "c'mon we gotta run em" i shruggedat him, and he started egging me on. So i said "i've got more money into my engine than your cars worth" (quite a lie but it never hurts to say) then gave a slight rev of my engine, he got all excited, i had brake torqued the engine to 2k, he's reving his up and when the light changed, he's squeling the tires up the street and i'm coming off the line like always. Then the cherries start flashing like crazy from just up the road, cops radar was setting my detector off a mile away, this guy wasn't any the wiser...wonder if he was pulled over b4 the 1/4 was up, if so i definatley won....think he got me with his trap speed though.

ps ked, i've gotta do the same freakin heatercore swap soon as you know...do you by chance get a smell of antifreeze when u hit the gas? i've had this for a little while, but hadnt had this problem b4 i added the leak seal crap.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:57 PM

I hated having to do the heater core fix on my car. It was such a pain in the a$$. Good luck. And nice work on getting those guys a ticket.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L of Raw POWER!!!
Transmission: Stick Shift
Axle/Gears: 3.42's
I can almost top that one. I live basically on the corner of Saticoy and Winnetka. People LOVE to pass on the right where there is no lane at all, you know, when you're in the right hand lane and it's double wide for parking or whatever at the curb. They line up next to you at the red light and as soon as it turns green, they gun it and cut in front of you. i don't put up with that crap, so everytime they come up on me, I gun it too. I've made 2 people crash into parked cars because they were in such a stupid hurry. i know that I don't have to outrun them, I just have to keep less than enough room for them to pull in until the next car. i think I'm gonna start putting hash marks on my bumper for each kill.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS Vert
Engine: 350 S-TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: GU5/G80/J65
The race that counts, keeping your driving record clean, and staying alive!!!

Man, that being in construction zone, they are going to nail him to the WALL!!! Hes going to be begging bubba to stay out his a$$.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Supreme Member

Heater core - No smell. I noticed the windshield being covered with the film.
I am not a fan of using the stop leak anymore.
I replace the damaged item, as that helps keep coolant from being clogged in engine.
Causing cars to crash, ya know it's sick but.....DEFINETLY DESERVING, TOO!

I can still see the drivers face as I passed him, pulled over & he had a budddy to witness this stupidity so he could tell all his friends!! Moments like that I wish there were in car cameras! I was really tempted to pull back up & make sure cop wrote him up for every infraction. And then laugh in his face, tell him how stupid he is.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L of Raw POWER!!!
Transmission: Stick Shift
Axle/Gears: 3.42's
Originally posted by KED85
Causing cars to crash, ya know it's sick but.....DEFINETLY DESERVING, TOO!
See, i don't MAKE them crash, it's really all their fault. All they have to do is slow down, not be in such a hurry, and watch where the hell they're going. I've never managed to crash into anything mainly because i don't do stupid crap like that. i mean, don't get me wrong, i understand that somet things happen and people crash, that's why they are called accidents, but most of them are avoidable just as long as you're not stupid.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Nice story there KED. I run into kids like that all time (lol I am barely older than them). I just let any car blow by me because a) not going to waste any gas since I don't have the power to do anything to show them up and B.) I don't like going over the speed limit.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '87 Chev
Engine: 60*V6
Transmission: DY T700
This brings to mind a great memory...

Years back driving through El Toro Canyon (backhills of Orange County, Calif), I came across a kid on a bike holding a sign to every car that passed saying "cop ahead".

I get around bend and there sits a cop with a radar gun!

Here's the clincher- A few corners further and a little straight I see another kid on a bike holding a sign so I slow down again......
and end up stopping.

His sign read "Donations"
Old 10-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

See, i don't MAKE them crash, it's really all their fault. All they have to do is slow down, not be in such a hurry, and watch where the hell they're going.
Understood better!

This brings to mind a great memory...

LOVE IT!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome. I've always wanted to do that, and I always ask myself where the cops are when you see things like that happen. Cool to finally have it answered once!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Ha, the cops always seem to be around when its YOU that does stupid things at times. I got one ticket in the 5 years I have had my liscense. I did not affect anything other than me having to pay $75, but I do not want to get another ticket in my life ever again, that is why I do not like going over the speed limit. I don't see how people can do like 75 in a 45 zone without being concerned about being caught.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '99 Trans Am, '86 Camaro
Engine: LS1, Scrap
Transmission: T56, T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Stock ZT, 3.42 Open
'Cop Ahead" ...

:rockon: :yourock: