V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

wondering if anyone could help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42
wondering if anyone could help me out?

I have an 89 2.8 camaro. Lookin for a loud exhaust. I'm gettin pacesetter headers and ypipe. Now, I was lookin on fullthrottlev6.com and a lot of people have the TSP Rumbler exhaust and love it. I was thinkin of gettin a 3" inlet/outlet cat and fittin the rumbler on. I just didn't know if the rumbler was made to fit third gens. Also, I like GMMG exhaust too. Anyone think any of this is good and it can be done, or am I just wasting my time? If anyone has done the rumbler or GMMG on their 6er third gen, I would love to hear it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 PM

Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3:23
Re: wondering if anyone could help me out?

Originally Posted by mprosco91
I have an 89 2.8 camaro. Lookin for a loud exhaust. I'm gettin pacesetter headers and ypipe. Now, I was lookin on fullthrottlev6.com and a lot of people have the TSP Rumbler exhaust and love it. I was thinkin of gettin a 3" inlet/outlet cat and fittin the rumbler on. I just didn't know if the rumbler was made to fit third gens. Also, I like GMMG exhaust too. Anyone think any of this is good and it can be done, or am I just wasting my time? If anyone has done the rumbler or GMMG on their 6er third gen, I would love to hear it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Never heard a GMMG on a V6 i dont think it exsit no one would put that kind of a exhaust on a V6 If you want loud go with the TSP rumble and instead of the bullet style muffler it comes with get a 16" Chambered muffler from Classicchambered.com Yes the TSP set up is designed to fit the 3rd and 4th gens make sure you get a high flow cat. I know my 3.1L with pace setter headers, high flow cat and flowmaster 80 series cat back is pretty loud. My friend heard me leaving his farm development a mile away at full throotle, it was like a cool night at 2am so everything was quite, I have got pulled over by the police they felt my exhaust was to loud hahaha so just a flowmaster 80 series is loud. but i told him I was street legal he let me go. From headers to tailpipes my total cost was $380 I made out on such a great deal. if you got any more questions i should be able to answer on youtube I know there is a camaro 3.4L with a TSP rumbler exhaust just type in tsp rumbler and listen to any of the V6's that have them.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Car: 92 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T-5

Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy
I have got pulled over by the police they felt my exhaust was to loud hahaha so just a flowmaster 80 series is loud. but i told him I was street legal he let me go.
It also sounds like **** lol note my sig. Its loud at WOT, it sounds ok at 1-3k. Idle is my favorite
Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Car: 89 V6 Camaro
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open diff

If you go with the GMMG please post up a sound clip. I am curious as to how it would sound.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM

Car: Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L
Transmission: 5 speed

Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy
Never heard a GMMG on a V6 i dont think it exsit no one would put that kind of a exhaust on a V6 If you want loud go with the TSP rumble and instead of the bullet style muffler it comes with get a 16" Chambered muffler from Classicchambered.com Yes the TSP set up is designed to fit the 3rd and 4th gens make sure you get a high flow cat. I know my 3.1L with pace setter headers, high flow cat and flowmaster 80 series cat back is pretty loud. My friend heard me leaving his farm development a mile away at full throotle, it was like a cool night at 2am so everything was quite, I have got pulled over by the police they felt my exhaust was to loud hahaha so just a flowmaster 80 series is loud. but i told him I was street legal he let me go. From headers to tailpipes my total cost was $380 I made out on such a great deal. if you got any more questions i should be able to answer on youtube I know there is a camaro 3.4L with a TSP rumbler exhaust just type in tsp rumbler and listen to any of the V6's that have them.

Why do you say change the bullet style muffler to the 16" chambered style?
----------
Originally Posted by 2.8RS
If you go with the GMMG please post up a sound clip. I am curious as to how it would sound.

If I do decide to go with GMMG, what kind of modifications am I lookin at? would I need a 3" in/out cat so it's easier to hook the cat back up? Just tryin' to get all my options squared away so I can make a final decision. Thanks for everyone's help so far. Oh, and btw, I was planning on getting a universal cat from magnaflow. just need a in/out size first. thanks again

Last edited by mprosco91; 02-11-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost