Wheels and Tires Need help with wheels or tires? Got fitment issues? Have questions about tire performance and handling? Ask all of those questions here!

What is a good brand of adapter/spacer for autocross.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a good brand of adapter/spacer for autocross.

I just bought a set of Gotti j55a wheels for my 86 Camaro, I need to get a 1" spacer with long studs or adapter for them to fit perfectly and clear my strut and tierod. I have never bought any before, So i am unaware of the quallity of the ones on ebay, but I see people on here say the ones on ebay work great. So my questions is, are the adapters on ebay able to handle the cornering force of autocross, or is there a performance name brand I should look into?
Attached Thumbnails What is a good brand of adapter/spacer for autocross.-gotti.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 88 Formula, 90 Iroc RIP, 92 RS Sold
Engine: 305 to 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt
Re: What is a good brand of adapter/spacer for autocross.

Originally Posted by Xhane
I just bought a set of Gotti j55a wheels for my 86 Camaro, I need to get a 1" spacer with long studs or adapter for them to fit perfectly and clear my strut and tierod. I have never bought any before, So i am unaware of the quallity of the ones on ebay, but I see people on here say the ones on ebay work great. So my questions is, are the adapters on ebay able to handle the cornering force of autocross, or is there a performance name brand I should look into?
If bolt pattern of the wheels are the same ..i assume

ebay ones will do the the job fitment and quality isnt the highest ive used them and there cheap no complaints besides that

now i run motorsport-tech custom ones quality is alot better and fitment is snug like a glove .. i choosed these because of quality and you can order in just about any width if we doesnt have it call him up and he will make them no problem..

just make sure there torque properly before events

i have some 1" ones laying around some where and 1.25" also there ebay ones
Old 07-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Good to know, seems like ever since Skulte people have been wondering where to buy from. I was looking into ezaccezzory wheels adaptors, being 6061 cnc aluminum and made in the USA, I assume they will do the job if ebay ones are sufficient. While we are on the topic, it has come up that it is good to re-torque the adapters every week in the beggining to make sure they settle properly. What is a good reccomended torque for adaptors?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 88 Formula, 90 Iroc RIP, 92 RS Sold
Engine: 305 to 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt

same goes for wheels new wheels also

not every week tho

but for the first few hundred miles when you first install them its a good practice and double check them before you hit the track and inbetween sprints for extra saftey some people do some people dont you be the judge on how safe you want to be

Good to know, seems like ever since Skulte people have been wondering where to buy from. I was looking into ezaccezzory wheels adaptors, being 6061 cnc aluminum and made in the USA, I assume they will do the job if ebay ones are sufficient. While we are on the topic, it has come up that it is good to re-torque the adapters every week in the beggining to make sure they settle properly. What is a good reccomended torque for adaptors?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 87' IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56

Best solution would be to try and find replacement barrels and size as necessary, no spacers required. I really don't know if barrels for centers that small are still readily available.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Bought some Tuesday from ezaccessory.com and they just arrived today. I bought 1" adaptors for the front, and 1 1/4" adaptors for the rear. Installation went very smoothly and the quality seems legit, looks to be a very good product, so now for the raod test and re-torque every 100miles or so stage. On the site though the recommended torque specs for the "12mm" lug bolts/nuts was (80 ft/lbs) of torque. Does that seem like enough? It didnt feel like alot.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 87' IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56

Bought some Tuesday from ezaccessory.com and they just arrived today. I bought 1" adaptors for the front, and 1 1/4" adaptors for the rear. Installation went very smoothly and the quality seems legit, looks to be a very good product, so now for the raod test and re-torque every 100miles or so stage. On the site though the recommended torque specs for the "12mm" lug bolts/nuts was (80 ft/lbs) of torque. Does that seem like enough? It didnt feel like alot.
80 ft-lbs is standard for M12 lugs.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM

So far so good
Attached Thumbnails What is a good brand of adapter/spacer for autocross.-gotti1.jpg