History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Z28E pictures hosted

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z28E pictures hosted

Here are the images I promised 91rsowner4life I would host for you guys. If they aren't large enough I can make them a bit bigger. I am limited on web space though.

http://users.rcn.com/cdartz/Z28E/
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 82 Z28
Engine: Al LT1 headed LG4 305
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi with spacer
Sure if you know how to read German!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1997 S10
Engine: 4-Cyl 2.2 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Originally posted by ME Leigh
Sure if you know how to read German!
heres some of the translations more to come

page #53
new American cope with funfliter achtzylindermoter. the Americans bring in the Federal Republic keisubgszahlen American cars in second halfte the seventies constantly increased, are meanwhile again to the Bedeutungslosigkeit degradiert them

page #55
Test Chevrolet Camaro Z 28 E ~ the giant general of engine for example could set in this country only still 106 cars off in the Marz of "this J of ahres. The Griinde fur this PIaute is obvious. Reason of number one: The risen dollar rate drove the prices kriiftig into the high one. Reason of Nurn~er two: the still iiberdurchschnittliche thirst the US mobile in view of the gegenwartigen gasoline prices completely a crucial factor. And schlieBlich reason of number drd: Under the pressure of the American consumption laws the former capacity giants became ever smaller - there are eight cylinder engines only in few models -, the specific attraction of the American Way OF Life going place thereby the past on. DaB the a:lte glory nevertheless not yet completely past is!, tried however general of engine with a completely new Ausfuhrung of the Chevrolet Camaro to prove, yon it a Z 28 E version mentioned gives, the one new fact in GM history to that - ausschlieBlich fur the sales in upper lake is 1 bestimnit. The NeuaufIage of the success model Camaro, yon amerikamschen Fachblattern enthusiastisch celebrated, turned out ebenfa:lls clearly more delicate a:ls the Vorganger, but daB the long urn 25 centimeters and the width unrcsiebenZe!1timeter, has the Startlichkeit of the auBeren feature an abort did not shrink done the United States to identify. Only in the interior a new, material style introduction held. The instrument panel held in black completely does without - vollig on fashionable StylingGags - one could introduce oneself it just as well into europaischen~Sportcoupe. But the first impression yon pleasing Dbersichtlichkeit exchanges something. There are only few control levers, but dafiir integrated in one to the Lenksaule placed switch so many functions, daB zunachst einma:l confusion entrance: Dimmer switch, windshield wiper including stu penn a rough car is the Camaro still - and besides one with good figure. No doubt: Its Linienfuhrung excites attention in the old person world, and she remained, with more a:ller. Schlichtheit, so typically American; daB also a layman the Chevy immediately a:ls a product fenIos adjustable Interva:ll. scha:ltung, a zusatzliches klei~ nes Hebelchen fur the disk washer and a further, combines with a pushbutton, fur the Cruise control universe meets in this equipment. As reconciliation however a headlight flasher is missing completely. After the development of these Scha:ltzentrale the American engineer genius was however obvious at the end, because as in that truly Arl!1aturentafel a glove subject aus]adenden to be accommodated could, unfortunately are kei. nemder Camaro designer please. Voter the Teppichbodeo of the trunk hides itself zusatzIiches stowage box to em. The mechanism harmoniert well with ftem v-Achtzylinder. "-"'-"also in the Turen does not give it files; which remains, a rather schmachtiges Behaltnis between the seats, that with the car papers, is a box cigarettes and a Son e nenbrjlle already quite ausge is1. rests lmmerhin however can the round instruments be read off properly, the front seats is comfortable, and the driver's seat does not refresh itself on electrical way in a:lle directions to adjust, so daB it humans of most different Statur difficulties maj::ht to find a adaquate position behind clem small leather steering wheel. Also place delivers esg~nugend ~ however only in the front: part, protecting the rear seat niches not straight to a langeren Aufentha:lt invite. It is missing to 55 at knee area and head liberty. however fur children test & technology ill

page #57
rorhaube one can hardly merblicken. Objectively seen s that natiirlich a disadvantage, more:IDer on the other hand ensures straight ME enormous lip dafiir, daB one the impression has to sit in anem S, traBenkreuzer old Priigung - and does not mletzt constitutes also the attraction of American cars. if one ~eht the Ziindschliissel, ground memories of are enough past Ani of the Muscle Cars awake. Fiinf the Lirer rough V8, whose thermal condition was more!:}lkiihler improved fur europaische ~/erhartnisse with one speziel:.::n Wasserkiihler and, is then given ~ert geh6rig by its two Gicken of exhaust pipes, and enn gas, ~t themselves it a dull/musty Gebrabbel on, which is in del ' act a Ohrenschmaus. Thus h6rten also the PS~onster of volume ' 15 years on, but;:JaI1 tate the Camaro reliably ImI'eCht, wollt~ one maintain ground, 3ill with him ilUr the acoustics 3.aniniszenzen to those times 1erVorruft, in which the:::S Autobauer made itself ' still no Ge.:.anken of iiber economy:md exhaust behavior. Z"Val ' produces the V8, ge;nessen at the capacity, one only s;hr modest output of..55 HP (116 KW), but dafur 3It already with 1600/mill a mftiges torque of 325 ~im on, the Camaro with the St3rt in completely considerable mA ~ more;;;ier away-catapulted. 10.1 seconds of 0 to 100 km/h 5ind really nicllt to make the Chevy a ernst~ften sports car JtJecsiereichen geeigaet nevertheless out, around to 2

Page 58 top left

Test Chevrolet Camaro Z 28E show, daB behind the sporty feature under no circumstances only lamely like gladly hides themselves. Act essentially it is amazing, as miihelos the eight-cylinder along that nevertheless well 1.5 Tonnel1, heavy car finished becomes. Opelierend with lowest numbers of revolutions, quite obtain he the Gefiihl of gehOriger reserves; it scltiittelt its achievement as it were from the Armel and ensures in such a way fUr those

Page 58 right side

Drive comfort, which one did not measure-like straight with an American car. The softly switching and spontaneously reagierendl '; Three-course mechanism is a harmonious Ergiinzung of this bulIigen power source. Their Tiitigkeit becomes only when full turning the individual drill steps off really spiirbar, otherwise smd the switching jerks minimal. Which during gleichmaBiger travel in third Gangwie a zusatzlicher shifting process anfiihIt itself, is the interference of a zusatzlichen Wandierkupplung, which then a rigid Durchtrieb ago. steIlt to reduce the the increased consumption due to the mechanism. Also the form of the Camaro, which is with an air resistance factor yon Cw = 0.36 the stromungsgiinstigste car yon general of engine, promises appropriately modest handling the level of fuel in the tank, but nevertheless one should not itself in this relationship IDusionen hang-evenly. Ziigig moves; if the Camaro allemal17 L/lOO km swallows, and if the achievement is used haufig yoU, consumption iiberschreitet also once the 20 litre border. Also, a test consumption yon 18.1 L/100 km the Camaro became more economical - as economical car he can apply however keinesfaUs. As iiberaus storend prove in the connection

hope you guys like it
Old 07-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2011 SS/RS
Engine: LS3
Transmission: Tremic6060
Axle/Gears: good enough
uh, some of the traslation is not traslated????
Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Supreme Member

yea i know i used an on-line translation website and well thats the best i could do i am still working on it
Old 07-27-2005, 01:03 PM

Car: F-Body / Cadillac STS
Engine: 305 TPI LB9
Transmission: TH 700 R 4
...aaah....nice images... I see, they are from the "Auto, Motor & Sport" -magazine....

...in Germany well known....

...hmm...but the online translation is...strange... (....mit anderen Worten und freundlich ausgedrueckt: Suboptimal... )

...I think it`s a hard work to fix this in readable english....

....btw....I can read German... (but my english is bad )

Last edited by PontiacV8; 07-27-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI - SLP Runners, AFPR, MSD Goodies
Transmission: 700R4 - Shift Kit, Corvette Servo
Axle/Gears: BW 9 bolt, 3.27s

first engine, first tranny, first paint, ja und?

..Yes and..?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Supreme Member

Re: .

Originally posted by 87TPI350KID
first engine, first tranny, first paint, ja und?

..Yes and..?
what?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI - SLP Runners, AFPR, MSD Goodies
Transmission: 700R4 - Shift Kit, Corvette Servo
Axle/Gears: BW 9 bolt, 3.27s

Ja und is German for 'yes and'
Old 08-01-2005, 09:55 AM

Car: F-Body / Cadillac STS
Engine: 305 TPI LB9
Transmission: TH 700 R 4
...you can`t translate it directly or word by word....
..."ja und?" is the same as "na und?"...I think, in english you would say: "so what?"

...in my sentence it does mean something like: "no problems till now"

@91rsowner4life:

...you`ve got a pm...

...okay, back to topic...

Last edited by PontiacV8; 08-01-2005 at 11:05 AM.