Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

New pedals

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 B4C/91 RS 305
Engine: L98 and L03
Transmission: 2xTH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 LSD/2.73 Open
New pedals

::zips up flame suit::

So the stock rubber on my brake pedal pretty much disintegrated on me a whil back and I bought some ghetto APC covers for my pedals and hated the way they mounted and they kept sliding off to the side so I decided it was time to do something about it. The inserts are held in with little bolts and the covers are held on the pedals with little clips that bolt from outside the perimeter of the pedal and clamp down on the inside.

What I did was was mount the inserts onto the pedal without the rest of the cover and drill holes that go from the insert bolt holes all the way through the pedal and put the long bolts that mount the clips through these holes and bolt the cover directly to the pedal with the insert re-installed. The gas pedal was a little harder since the backing has a bunch of ridges so I had to get a 1/2" longer bolt to get it to thread with the little nut. But I did the same thing except I flipped to cover upside down so that the indent on one of the corners sat parrallel with the transmission hump. Now I have two great looking pedals that don't move at all and there is no rubbing issues. I will post pics as soon as i get my camera working again.

I don't want to hear about how this is just a **** mod so if that's what you're gonna post don't do it.

To everyone that thinks the original pedals are ugly and slippery I recomend doing this it is cheap and takes about half an hour as long as you have quality drill bits.

On a side note black and decker drill bits are useless. I broke 4 because i had to step up sizes because they wouldn't drill the hole the first time. THis was all while applying less pressure than it takes to move the brake pedal. I put a crafsman bit in there and it did all the remaining hole without a problem.