Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Best Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best Spark Plugs

What do you think are the best spark plugs and why?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally prefer AC DELCO SPLITFIRE... the reason why I like them is because they are AC-DELCO first of all , not the cheap other stuff autolite/champion/superplug .. and because they have a double prong (like a forked toung ).. they last forever, have a more powerful/stronger spark, and they have done me well. I had a set of plugs in my 305 TBI , it turns out that the guy at the parts store gave me the wrong REGULAR delco plugs, HOWEVER they fit, After about a week It was bogging and missing AGAIN, I took them out brought them back and asked them to check the #, to make sure i was using the right stuff. sure enough I WASN'T, the only plugs they had in stock that would work on my car were AC-DELCO SPLITFIRE PLUGS. they are almost $4 per plug. I had no choice. I bought them, I have been using them EVER SINCE, not the same ones of course... lol
Old 04-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: GMPP 350 HO w/TBI
Transmission: 700R-4
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt w/3.73s
Originally posted by txhotRS
I personally prefer AC DELCO SPLITFIRE... the reason why I like them is because they are AC-DELCO first of all , not the cheap other stuff autolite/champion/superplug .. and because they have a double prong (like a forked toung ).. they last forever, have a more powerful/stronger spark, and they have done me well. I had a set of plugs in my 305 TBI , it turns out that the guy at the parts store gave me the wrong REGULAR delco plugs, HOWEVER they fit, After about a week It was bogging and missing AGAIN, I took them out brought them back and asked them to check the #, to make sure i was using the right stuff. sure enough I WASN'T, the only plugs they had in stock that would work on my car were AC-DELCO SPLITFIRE PLUGS. they are almost $4 per plug. I had no choice. I bought them, I have been using them EVER SINCE, not the same ones of course... lol
not to sound like a jerk...but are you sure?

i have NEVER seen AC Delco split fires. maybe they are just not available in my area....

i use just regular old ac delco $1.29 no frills plugs and they work good. if i ever used anything else, i would go with either the ac delco platinums, or the ac delco rapidfires.

but, like i said...regular ac delcos have treated me well over the past couple years, and i know a lot of people who feel the same way as i do.

-brian