Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

weind 144 super charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weind 144 super charger

I have a Gen 1 LT1 sbc out of a 70 vette, was wondering if anyone knows if the install is easy and straight forward on these?

experiences?

Thanks

edit:before you **** me off more read the below comments before more misunderstandings.

Last edited by NONGRATA; 05-02-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Re: weind 144 super charger

Originally Posted by NONGRATA
I have a Gen 1 LT1 sbc out of a 70 vette, was wondering if anyone knows if the install is easy and straight forward on these?

experiences?

Thanks
"Aftermarket Product Review"
Old 04-26-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeBird
"Aftermarket Product Review"
???
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 PM

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 2.77 Posi

This is the "aftermarket product review" section, not the "will this engine work in my thirdgen" section.

Try posting your question in a more appropriate area of the site, such as the tech/general engine section, or the engine swap section.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:52 AM

Think you guys misunderstood. i was simply stating I already have a LT1 old school sbc in my car i was trying to ask how a wieand blower would hook up....thats aftermarket imo. wasnt asking anything about the engine being installed or if it would fit in my car simply asking about expereinces with the blower and if its easy to install
Old 04-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1988 Iroc 5.7
This is the "aftermarket product review" section, not the "will this engine work in my thirdgen" section.

Try posting your question in a more appropriate area of the site, such as the tech/general engine section, or the engine swap section.
^
Old 04-28-2018, 11:55 AM

I dont want to get a hood cowl though and I realize no blowers fit under factory hoods I guess upon further research
Old 05-02-2018, 04:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: T5 Manual

Wow. Wrong section, wrong engine, wrong car and wrong website. Move on.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ZZ42Fast
holy fk this is becoming an annoyance... shut the **** up kindly. did you even read the last comments? I dont have a ****ing corvette. im not asking about installing an engine either. and it IS a third gen you ****.

You people know how to be ******.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:49 AM

do you understand what a LT1 is ? I'm saying I have a ****ing 1985 camaro with a engine from a 1970 corvette. can you get that through your tiny skull? right car?

Simply asking about the little blowers and if they can fit without ****ed hood cowls
Old 05-02-2018, 07:49 AM

anyway abandon thread. Zero help you people are.

Sorry for the aggressiveness, just gets real annoying when old dinosaurs that cant be bothered to read past the first comment start assuming **** and start trying to run you off a already dead forum that probably needs all the traffic it can get.

Last edited by NONGRATA; 05-02-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Car: 87 Trans Am GTA
Engine: Vortec Stealth Rammed L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

anyway abandon thread. Zero help you people are.

Sorry for the aggressiveness, just gets real annoying when old dinosaurs that cant be bothered to read past the first comment start assuming **** and start trying to run you off a already dead forum that probably needs all the traffic it can get.

This forum is extremely helpful with tons of knowledgeable people within it. The others are simply stating a fact, this particular part of the forum is for REVIEWS. You are not REVIEWING the supercharger, you are asking technical questions about fitment and compatibility. There is a different section of the forum specifically dedicated to power adders, which is where this question should be asked.

If you get this thread moved or simply start a new thread in the correct tech board (Power Adders) you may actually get the information you need. People come to Aftermarket Product Review for other people's REVIEWS of products they are interested in. That's why multiple people tried to tell you that you posted in the wrong section.

I would also suggest you lose the attitude. Hard to get help when you are upset and calling people names. Good luck with your project.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by blunierdr
This forum is extremely helpful with tons of knowledgeable people within it. The others are simply stating a fact, this particular part of the forum is for REVIEWS. You are not REVIEWING the supercharger, you are asking technical questions about fitment and compatibility. There is a different section of the forum specifically dedicated to power adders, which is where this question should be asked.

If you get this thread moved or simply start a new thread in the correct tech board (Power Adders) you may actually get the information you need. People come to Aftermarket Product Review for other people's REVIEWS of products they are interested in. That's why multiple people tried to tell you that you posted in the wrong section.

I would also suggest you lose the attitude. Hard to get help when you are upset and calling people names. Good luck with your project.
I'll post how I want. I'm not breaking rules at the time I was just getting annoyed with nobody actually reading **** and blabbling garbage to me.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by blunierdr

Isn't a damn supercharger "aftermarket" lol doesnt come stock does it? Mind boggled.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The whole point is your not in the correct forum. If you actually post it in the "power adders" forum you will get an answer. This area is for product reviews not tech questions. If you post it in that section you will get answers.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by LC2 TECH
The whole point is your not in the correct forum. If you actually post it in the "power adders" forum you will get an answer. This area is for product reviews not tech questions. If you post it in that section you will get answers.
Okay thank you.

This forum is new to me, a lot of the sub forums are pretty dead. I seen "after market" and thought well adding a supercharger sounds "aftermarket".

I just wanted a answer. I;m sure reading my thread in the wrong section wouldn't kill anybody since threads hardly get posted anyway.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Step 1: Go to User CP at the top of the page. Click "Edit Your Details". Scroll down to where it says "Car", "Engine", "Transmission", and fill in the blanks. That way we have a clue what you're talking about.

Step 2: Before you click the submit button on a new thread, or a reply, stop and take a moment to reread what you just typed, and ask yourself - "does this make any sense?". If what you're trying to communicate isn't clear and concise, hit the backspace key a bit, and try again.

If I'm reading the thread right, you might have tried something like this -

"I'm looking at the Weiand 144 superchargers. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they a pain to install? Any issues I should know about? If it matters, I've got a 350 SBC in my Camaro.

Thanks in advance! "

Step 3: Check your attitude at the door. Especially as a Jr Member. Getting fussy because you worded your question poorly, isn't going to make anyone want to take the time to try to help you.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
Car: 1986 trans am
Engine: 305/350
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.27

you seem to be opinionated,arrogant and hard of hearing.loose the attitude ,listen very carefully and you might learn something.coming across all hard and hard of hearing is a dead end.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: T5 Manual

holy fk this is becoming an annoyance... shut the **** up kindly. did you even read the last comments? I dont have a ****ing corvette. im not asking about installing an engine either. and it IS a third gen you ****.

You people know how to be ******.
You have a great attitude, well done!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:17 AM

You have a great attitude, well done!
Thank you. I've been getting so much great feedback!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird

So , are you really that clueless ?

What is it gonna take for you to understand that if your posting in
AFTERMARKET PRODUCT REVIEW ,
your supposed to be posting
YOUR OWN REVIEW
of how great or not this supercharger works on

YOUR OWN CAR !!!!!

You've now trolled this subject for HOW long , TWO MONTHS ????? rather than taking the good advice here and posting your question in "Power Adders" where it belongs . You sure picked a great screen name "NONGRATA" because it fits well with the way you post !

PS , were I a mod here , the Ban hammer would have fallen on you for your post with all the "cleverly disguised" swearing in post #9
Old 06-24-2018, 11:50 AM

Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: n/a
Transmission: n/a
Axle/Gears: 3.27, I think

Here's an old how to.

https://www.thirdgen.org/weiand142install/