Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

TPI383 = Great Vendor!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!
TPI383 = Great Vendor!

I just had him ceramic coat a new set of long tubes for my truck, and they came out better than factory! The price was more than reasonable, and the turn around time was as expected with no delays. Thanks Chris!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX
Re: TPI383 = Great Vendor!

Thank you. look forward to the next project.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 L98 G92
Engine: 5.7 350 B2L
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

For anybody reading this thread, he is not a "Great Vendor." Please do a search of this guy. Read through the many threads about him. TPI383 has unethical business practices and treats fellow ThirdGen members with disdain.

How does TPI383 feel about your business here at ThirdGen:

"Maybe I will loose a few but 95% of my business is all local. a big MAYBE 5% off this board. IF that. Ya thats a bad attitude to have but its the truth". (Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review post #104)

"I have more Happy customers off this site that liked the stuff then not". (Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review post #123)

TPI383 sub-contracts out work that you may not be aware of, then claims no responsibility if the quality is terrible. Although you contracted with him, good luck getting a refund from this him if the sub-contractor ducked up.

TPI383 doesn't care about being a respectible businessman here at ThirdGen. Customer service is not a #1 priority. He's right. You're wrong.

Please research this guy before doing business with him. You may be asking why TPI383 dosen't get banned? Several members have suggested this, and I can't answer why he hasn't. This is TPI383 response:

"Im not a supporting vendor of this site or broke any of the rules to get banned so keep tryin.." (Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review post #60)

What do you think of the final comment by TPI383?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
He asked for the emblems because he knew you would never refund him his money! Get a clue man he doesn't WANT your emblems its the choice he had to go with because it was either the emblems or NOTHING. He wanted a refund that he knew he wasn't going to get so at least your emblems could make up part of the cost and aggravation that this trailed on for months. Hence why they are for sale...

Now your relying on some ebay add to throw out as your excuse. Really man GET A CLUE, he paid you for a service and he did not receive the service he wanted. YOU screwed up here, no one else so take the fault for it.

"My emblems are worth blah blah compared to his cracked runners"

Your right all I hear from you is blah blah blah.. o STFU already.
(Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review post #162)

o STFU already... and this is a guy you want to do business with

Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Supreme Member

I dunno what happens with these "bad deals" but I've dealt with chris for about 5 or 6 years now and never had an issue. I don't think its fair to him to bash him in my thread that was made to share that my transaction went smoothly.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's

Originally Posted by webeeZ28
You may be asking why TPI383 dosen't get banned? Several members have suggested this, and I can't answer why he hasn't.
A simple reason, TGO does NOT get involved in transactions. We don't know who has been ripped off and who has not. All we have is hearsay. There is two sides to every story. There are the ones you mentioned and then there are Justin's, and some like his. Have you ever done business with him? What's your story? Because I don't know it.

This forum is for you to use so that YOU the buyer can make a semi-informed decision through a search hearing from your fellow TGO members. If you are a buyer, search the forum for the vendor, read the posts and make a decision if that (whoever the vendor is) is a person you want to do business with. It's not rocket science. Don't forget there is a Feedback forum you may want to check, too, https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...eedback-board/ .

And, finally, both views are welcome as long as they do NOT break TGO rules and you understand you are responsible for what you say. If you choose to break the rules you will be "punished" and your post may very well disappear.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX

webeeZ28

glad you spent so much time to quote everything. you must not have anything better to do.

YOU haven't dealth with me to personally base my quality of work on.

as justin said he has for 5/6 years now.

my I trader review says the same. only 1 bad.

theres always good and bad with anybody. and my track record for god far outweighs the bad.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin89Formy
I don't think its fair to him to bash him in my thread that was made to share that my transaction went smoothly.
Exactly! I am getting so tired of reading this stuff, especially when it has nothing to do about the related customer's thread! Moderators may not get involved, but I would implore that the ADMINISTRATOR'S do something about these constant attempts to degrade Chris' work. If people have a personal problem, keep it in your own threads, or better yet, take it to PM. I am getting so tired of reading about it. I'm waiting on a downpipe, and Chris will be coating it for me once it's fabricated, I don't trust anybody else to do the work, only CE Coatings.

-Rob
Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by 92 Formula
A simple reason, TGO does NOT get involved in transactions. We don't know who has been ripped off and who has not. All we have is hearsay. There is two sides to every story. There are the ones you mentioned and then there are Justin's, and some like his. Have you ever done business with him? What's your story? Because I don't know it.

This forum is for you to use so that YOU the buyer can make a semi-informed decision through a search hearing from your fellow TGO members. If you are a buyer, search the forum for the vendor, read the posts and make a decision if that (whoever the vendor is) is a person you want to do business with. It's not rocket science. Don't forget there is a Feedback forum you may want to check, too, https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...eedback-board/ .

And, finally, both views are welcome as long as they do NOT break TGO rules and you understand you are responsible for what you say. If you choose to break the rules you will be "punished" and your post may very well disappear.
92 Formula for the explanation.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:47 AM

I dunno what happens with these "bad deals" but I've dealt with chris for about 5 or 6 years now and never had an issue. I don't think its fair to him to bash him in my thread that was made to share that my transaction went smoothly.
Your thread states that he's a "Great Vendor". You left the door open to interpretation. If you only wanted certain comments here, then your thread should have said something like, "I support TPI383".

I was looking into getting some headers coated and TPI383's name came up both good and bad. Just like 92 suggested, I searched the board and read many threads about TPI383. I was on the fence with going to TPI383. But when I read Brisk's very long thread, there was no way was I going to do business with him! It boggles the mind that TPI383 is a business owner and how he treats customers, or his attitude towards selling here on ThirdGen.

It's most interesting that both you and Street Lethal have been customers of TPI383 for years, Yet when I look at TPI383's Feedback Forum (11/23/06 - present) NEITHER of you has left any feedback on him. How the heck do either of you explain that?? And, as stated at the top of the thread, you (Justin89Formy) just had work done by him. Leaving feedback is so easy. Both of you are not new to TGO. Don't you find yourselves to be hypocritical in this regard.

I was prompting other TGO member to do research on TPI383. I did exactly as 92 Formula had explained earlier. The only difference is that I backed up what I was saying with quotes from TPI383's own mouth. If you don't like the truth, discuss it with Chris. Those are his words not mine! TPI383 can say that I don't have anything better to do, or that I haven't dealt with him personally.

In reality, after reading Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review, I was absolutely appalled by his behavior/attitude... hense the quotes. A man who dosen't care about his reputation is not someone I'm willing to deal with. I know, TPI383 will show all his positve remarks and add excuses to make himself look good. His own words are proof that he is not a great vendor.

One last thought about the "Great Vendor", I checked with Brisk's thread, he's still waiting for the stuff TPI383 promised (in the thread) to this day. TPI383 has said he's a stubborn man, but this is just pathetic. But then again, TGO Board is only 5% of his business.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:27 AM

Car: '88 GTA
Engine: L-98
Transmission: T-56

I don't think its fair to him to bash him in my thread that was made to share that my transaction went smoothly.
Just like you did in this thread that was meant to show displeasure with Chris. Whats the difference?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by webeeZ28
It's most interesting that both you and Street Lethal have been customers of TPI383 for years, Yet when I look at TPI383's Feedback Forum (11/23/06 - present) NEITHER of you has left any feedback on him. How the heck do either of you explain that?? And, as stated at the top of the thread, you (Justin89Formy) just had work done by him. Leaving feedback is so easy. Both of you are not new to TGO. Don't you find yourselves to be hypocritical in this regard.
You leave feedback if you do a deal with him through TGO. I don't use TGO to contact him, I just call him up. You shouldn't ASSume!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98 350
Transmission: Swapped to a T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Yeah, it is not as easy to post feedback on itrader as you think. You need a deal thread in the classifieds forum of TGO and most deals are done over PM or calling. That is why lots of people don't leave feedback in itrader, just because of the way it is set up. For that reasion I bet that is why this fourm was made for deals that were done out side of TGO and people can talk about the deals made.

He did a good job on my headders but I cant post feedback on his itrader becuase I did the deal over PM and e-mail.

Last edited by Cambridge205; 05-17-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:40 PM

Thank you for the clear explanation on leaving feedback Cambridge205. I have been corrected and my apologies to you, Street Lethal and Justin89Formy. I ASSumed it was an easy system. You were correct Justin89Formy.