Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Another Autozone Gripe

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro LT
Engine: LG4 w/ SLP headers & a 3" catback
Transmission: THM700R4 (Stock)
Axle/Gears: Stock 2.73 gears. No Posi
Another Autozone Gripe

Is it me or are the Autozone parts people getting more sarcastic and treating customers like crap? I went to replace my battery still under the 7 year warranty even though two has passed already. The first parts guy was looking at my receipt like I picked it up from another dimension and was refusing to honor the remainder of the warranty. So here comes the manager and said he will honor it this time and the last time as they do not have seven year warranties on their products any more even though I paid extra for it. Long story short, they only honored $25 bucks for the battery and I have to shell out over $105 bucks. Funny how that little jerk ended up hiding in the back when both the manager and myself made him look stupid.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r
Re: Another Autozone Gripe

i dont even go to autozone any more unless i absolutely have to..Napa auto or checkers is where i go.. or order online.

when i removed my smog pump and asked for a belt size i wanted
the guy kept telling me its not going to work you need this instead..im like dude..just sell me THIS belt n ill be on my way..10mins later.he did..but still dont argue with customers!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Supreme Member

I'm done with major parts from them period. Maybe an air freshener tree if that or for an emergency quart of oil but that's it for me. Since my Camaro is not a daily driver, I'll just order from the three online companies I have been using; Jegs, Summit, and Rock Auto.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:19 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, 355" LT1, LT1
Transmission: T5, Zf6, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, Dana44 3.45, 3.23

Originally Posted by MY87LT
Is it me or are the Autozone parts people getting more sarcastic and treating customers like crap? I went to replace my battery still under the 7 year warranty even though two has passed already. The first parts guy was looking at my receipt like I picked it up from another dimension and was refusing to honor the remainder of the warranty. So here comes the manager and said he will honor it this time and the last time as they do not have seven year warranties on their products any more even though I paid extra for it. Long story short, they only honored $25 bucks for the battery and I have to shell out over $105 bucks. Funny how that little jerk ended up hiding in the back when both the manager and myself made him look stupid.
What was the part # and the original purchase price?

-- Joe
Old 07-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Supreme Member

Original purchase price with taxes and core return (this is the third battery from them since original purchase on 02/11) $84.34.

"Item: 018327 75-DL Duralast battery, 7 year/84 month warranty on above item, 24 months free replacement."

In 2013 before the initial free 24 month replacement, first battery died and even then the female manager who is no longer there said the battery was fine, told me to leave it and then called me back to say it wasn't fine. So then I took battery two back recently for the remainder of the warranty and that's when they started with all this mess. It's the customer service that I care more about since I know parts wear and fail all the time.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.08 lt. slip

Maybe time to figure out why you are burning through so many batteries.....Just sayin'
Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Supreme Member

My post was more about customer service. As far as "burning through so many batteries", I have replaced all grounds with new heavier duty ones and also the battery cables with thicker gauge wiring from innovative wiring. Just sayin'

Last edited by MY87LT; 07-18-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700-R-4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 open

My post was more about customer service. As far as "burning through so many batteries", I have replaced all grounds with new heavier duty ones and also the battery cables with thicker gauge wiring from innovative wiring. Just sayin'
im thinkin they hire mc donalds run aways.i quit autozone when i bought a "A1 cardone " re man MAF ...........7 times . and their electrical items are a joke . as well as their hard parts. im getting my parts from my local oreilleys ware house, for relays the BWD brand are hard to beat.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:23 PM

Car: 1989 TA
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: 700r4

What do you expect,everything is made in China,and EVERYTHING form there is sh%%,period. Ive switched to NAPA but some of the stuff from them is made in china too. So buyer beware,all you have to do is look on the box and if made in china......DONT buy it. Any more if it says made china on it,Im not buying it. We have standards in this country that china doesnt HAVE to follow.Thanks to our crooked government and big business.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z Camaro
Engine: TBI,5.0
Transmission: Automatic 700R4
Axle/Gears: Eaton Posi,3.42,LPW Ultimate Cover

The Manager at my local Autozone has a printout of what company actualy makes there products.
Ill go pick one up.

I like the BWD brand also for electronic/electrical parts. It stands for "Borg Warner Division" and is owned buy "Standard Motor Products".
Standard makes almost all of the electronic/electrical parts for Napa along with many others.
They are a huge company.
Click on the "learn more box" under "our brands". Its impressive
= http://www.smpcorp.com/en/

Last edited by Ron U.S.M.C.; 07-19-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones

Autozone sucks.

Always has, always will

I even worked at two of them while away at school, took me like 2 weeks to get my own following at the stores because I could use a catalog.

I don't use them much, last resort kind of thing.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: '87 Iroc
Engine: 350 TPI with Holley Terminator X
Transmission: 4L60e
Axle/Gears: Stock/ Factory

I have dealt with my local AZ for the past 5 years and am currently a manager their and I have never seen a 7 year warranty for a battery. Only have the 5 year system, 3 years free replacement and 2 year prorated.

As for the quality of workers they are crap now days. Trying to find someone to show up when scheduled and actually knows what a spark plug is dang near impossible.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 PM

Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones

Originally Posted by jpearcy1
I have dealt with my local AZ for the past 5 years and am currently a manager their and I have never seen a 7 year warranty for a battery. Only have the 5 year system, 3 years free replacement and 2 year prorated.

As for the quality of workers they are crap now days. Trying to find someone to show up when scheduled and actually knows what a spark plug is dang near impossible.
No one works on anything anymore.

That and people watch a video of someone else doing it on Youtube and then think they can too.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: '87 Iroc
Engine: 350 TPI with Holley Terminator X
Transmission: 4L60e
Axle/Gears: Stock/ Factory
If you don't want to deal with idiots most of the managers actually know their parts and can be very helpful. Any one in a gray shirt is manager also.

We hired a new kid older than me at 24 and I have had to explain what a camshaft is and what its role is in an engine plus a lot more just so he knows how to help the customer and sale the correct parts.

I'm 22 also so don't blame some for being to young haha.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Original purchase price with taxes and core return (this is the third battery from them since original purchase on 02/11) $84.34.

"Item: 018327 75-DL Duralast battery, 7 year/84 month warranty on above item, 24 months free replacement."

In 2013 before the initial free 24 month replacement, first battery died and even then the female manager who is no longer there said the battery was fine, told me to leave it and then called me back to say it wasn't fine. So then I took battery two back recently for the remainder of the warranty and that's when they started with all this mess. It's the customer service that I care more about since I know parts wear and fail all the time.
Just so we're clear.

You purchased a battery in 2/11 which had an 84 month warranty. The first 24 months were free replacement.

In 2013 you brought it back, during the initial 24 month free replacement.

Two options existed here:

1) They took the battery back, and gave you a replacement battery.

Or

2) You did a damaged return, and was issued a refund for the original purchase price of $84.34 and then purchased another battery.

If #1 happened, your warranty contract with autozone ceased when you accepted the new battery. (Unless you were given a new contract on the new battery).

If #2 happened, you have a new contract on the newly purchased (in 2013) battery.

A lot of people don't understand scenario #1. A warranty is on the original part. If it breaks, they will replace it. If they did that than they upheld their end of the contract. They are not responsible for replacing the replacement.

-- Joe
Old 07-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948

Autozone sucks. I had a battery that went bad within the 1st 24 months. It was one of the coldest days of the winter and my wife's car would not start. I tested the battery, and it was weak. It had also been turning over a little slow the few days prior. So I took the battery out and brought it back. The guy behind the counter tested it, and then felt the battery. He told me the battery is frozen and would be fine once it thawed out. I couldn't believe the stupidity. After some arguing in front of other customers, I got the replacement. The only thing I go there for now is to borrow their loaner tools once in awhile. They prey on stupid customers, and the people that work there have no car knowlkedge at all.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83Z28 HO
Engine: Magnacharged Dart Little M 408
Transmission: G Force 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" w/Detroit Trutrac

Am I understanding this wrong?!? What I'm reading is that they basically took your battery back and only gave you 25 bucks towards a new one...and you still ended up paying 108 bucks?!?!? -And you were only a bit over 2 years into a 7 year warranty? Something doesn't add up.

In any case, that was one expensive battery if you shelled out an additional 108 bucks. Heck, they give us 10 bucks for a core charge here....so you really only got 15 bucks for your battery that should have had well over 4 years of warranty left on it.

Oddly enough, I just literally bought a battery for my S-10 two days ago....total cost with my trade-in core was 74 bucks plus tax. But only 3 year warranty (and not at AutoZone either...they were as high as Sears)

Last edited by Confuzed1; 07-20-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 97 Likes on 62 Posts
Car: 88GTA
Engine: 5.7TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.27

I had great luck with AC Delco and Motorcraft (for my Fords). I am done with chain parts store batteries because of what MY87LT just went through. Learned that quite some time ago. GM/Ford ALWAYS honored their battery warrenties. JMO
Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948

The ironic part is that most batteries are made from the same manufacturer - Johnson controls. Pretty much the same thing no matter where you buy it. But a place like Autozone, as opposed to Costco is marking it up more because their stupid Duralast name is on it.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by anesthes
Just so we're clear.

You purchased a battery in 2/11 which had an 84 month warranty. The first 24 months were free replacement.

In 2013 you brought it back, during the initial 24 month free replacement.

Two options existed here:

1) They took the battery back, and gave you a replacement battery.

Or

2) You did a damaged return, and was issued a refund for the original purchase price of $84.34 and then purchased another battery.

If #1 happened, your warranty contract with autozone ceased when you accepted the new battery. (Unless you were given a new contract on the new battery).

If #2 happened, you have a new contract on the newly purchased (in 2013) battery.

A lot of people don't understand scenario #1. A warranty is on the original part. If it breaks, they will replace it. If they did that than they upheld their end of the contract. They are not responsible for replacing the replacement.

-- Joe
Correct on keeping their end up on the two year free replacement after the first battery died after some grief and they never said anything about the 7 year warranty. So then the 7 year warranty would be no longer a free replacement but a pro-rated exchage for the remainder of the warranty.

After that battery (the second one) died, then they began with the "I never knew about a 7 year warranty" song and dance when it was clearly printed on the receipt. I knew I was going to put some money into the third battery but not that much. So basically, they voided the 7 year warranty as "it never existed" and put me on their current warranty.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 86 Trans AM
Engine: LS1 (not stock...)
Transmission: Built T56
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt w/ 3.73

There is a lot of fine print on those warranties. Most people dont bother to understand them. Like the "lifetime warranty" brake pads. I used to return worn down pads under warranty. Was that per policy? No...probably not. But 9 chances out of 10, it resulted in repeat business, and the customer purchasing things I suggested. Brake fluid, shop towels, brake cleaner etc etc.

Kind of like 3.8TransAM said...when I worked there, on two separate occasions, after only a few weeks I had people asking for me by name, and only stopping in if they saw my car there. My first store was amazing. I had a full catalog line up that I ordered racks for, and had set up like NAPA. I would do quick installs in the parking lot depending on customer load. Not just batteries, but other odds and ends if it was a quick 10 minute or less type of thing. We never hassled anyone on returns assuming they werent being ridiculous. And we had good people.

The second store...not so much. I was the only one there that knew anything, cared about customers, or had any type of "counter presence".

Now I HATE going in any of them. Unless I need something I can grab quick, I dont even bother. Lately Pep-Boys brakes have been killing it for me. And they almost always have 30% off if you order online and pick up in store.

Batteries were always a PITA. Hated dealing with them almost all the time.

J.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:57 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Correct on keeping their end up on the two year free replacement after the first battery died after some grief and they never said anything about the 7 year warranty. So then the 7 year warranty would be no longer a free replacement but a pro-rated exchage for the remainder of the warranty.

After that battery (the second one) died, then they began with the "I never knew about a 7 year warranty" song and dance when it was clearly printed on the receipt. I knew I was going to put some money into the third battery but not that much. So basically, they voided the 7 year warranty as "it never existed" and put me on their current warranty.
After they replaced your battery there was no warranty. They fulfilled their contract.

That's why I asked if they replaced it under warranty, or if they did a damaged RETURN and you purchased the replacement.

If they replaced it under warranty, they don't owe you another battery. If they damage returned it, and you purchased a new battery the warranty on the new battery applies.

-- Joe
-- Joe
Old 07-21-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive bought 10 + batteries from autozone from basic to GOLD and one Optima which Ive had for 12 years now. All the autozone batteries needed to be replaced...more than once. I don't care what their warranty is...how many freakin times do you want to replace the same part? Bet they'd change their tune if you could get money back for labor on parts you've changed. Using autozone parts is like betting on a marathon and your runner is from autozone and is a one legged ethiopian...no offense to ethiopians

Last edited by TRANSAM82-92; 07-21-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by anesthes
After they replaced your battery there was no warranty. They fulfilled their contract.

That's why I asked if they replaced it under warranty, or if they did a damaged RETURN and you purchased the replacement.

If they replaced it under warranty, they don't owe you another battery. If they damage returned it, and you purchased a new battery the warranty on the new battery applies.

-- Joe
-- Joe
The warranty continued after the intitial 2 year free replacement as a pro-rated warranty for the remainder of the total warranty. Or as they say it on the receipt/warranty "Credit will be given towards a new battery".

Last edited by MY87LT; 07-21-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:13 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

The warranty continued after the intitial 2 year free replacement as a pro-rated warranty for the remainder of the total warranty. Or as they say it on the receipt/warranty "Credit will be given towards a new battery".
Once they replaced a battery, the warranty is over.

I know some managers will override the computer and cover the same part twice. (replace the replacement), but the warranty 'contract' ends once you have a failure and they replaced the part.

Which is why it's useful to have them do a "damaged return", because then you are getting money back and purchasing a new part. You get a new warranty with the new part, but the price and or terms may differ from the original purchase.

-- Joe
Old 07-22-2015, 01:03 PM

I don't know how zone does it but when I worked at oreillys on a case were you warrantied the original battery the replacement continued the original warranty so since you were 2 years in the replacement would have a prorated 5 year warranty just because you warrantied the original and it failed on our tester doesn't void the warranty otherwise the whole point of a warranty is dumb because the battery could be junk in 3 months (Ive seen that) then it voids a 7 year warranty?? that makes no sense to me
Old 07-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

Originally Posted by 82tarecaro
Autozone sucks. I had a battery that went bad within the 1st 24 months. It was one of the coldest days of the winter and my wife's car would not start. I tested the battery, and it was weak. It had also been turning over a little slow the few days prior. So I took the battery out and brought it back. The guy behind the counter tested it, and then felt the battery. He told me the battery is frozen and would be fine once it thawed out. I couldn't believe the stupidity. After some arguing in front of other customers, I got the replacement. The only thing I go there for now is to borrow their loaner tools once in awhile. They prey on stupid customers, and the people that work there have no car knowlkedge at all.
i worked for AZ for 3 and a half years. i work for advance now. you have no idea how many batteries people tried to return for being "bad batteries" when they were just frozen. and we let them sit in the back by the chargers so they'd thaw. and once they thaw'd just about every one of them was still good. a few we threw on the low amp chargers overnight and they were all good the next day. you are right though, right now in my store i'm dealing with two guys both older than me who are recent hires from mcdonalds and know **** all about anything. hell one of them actually argued with a customer on the phone about ordering an engine. saying it wasn't the right one for his truck (guy just wanted a crate 350 who cares if its a vortec or not. he knows what he wants thats a $4k sale) but later that night asked me how he should go about plasti dipping his gfs rims.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by MantyZ28
I don't know how zone does it but when I worked at oreillys on a case were you warrantied the original battery the replacement continued the original warranty so since you were 2 years in the replacement would have a prorated 5 year warranty just because you warrantied the original and it failed on our tester doesn't void the warranty otherwise the whole point of a warranty is dumb because the battery could be junk in 3 months (Ive seen that) then it voids a 7 year warranty?? that makes no sense to me
I know, but autozone is a limited warranty. It's not the same as a warranty on a vehicle for example.

-- Joe
Old 07-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Banned

Car: 89 Camaro RS running MS2X
Engine: .48/.60AR T3/T4 2.8L V6
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 2500 stall
Axle/Gears: Next to break...

Originally Posted by TRANSAM82-92
Ive bought 10 + batteries from autozone from basic to GOLD and one Optima which Ive had for 12 years now. All the autozone batteries needed to be replaced...more than once. I don't care what their warranty is...how many freakin times do you want to replace the same part? Bet they'd change their tune if you could get money back for labor on parts you've changed. Using autozone parts is like betting on a marathon and your runner is from autozone and is a one legged ethiopian...no offense to ethiopians
They are not Autozone Batteries; They are Johnson Controls batteries with the Duralast sticker on them. Same as Advances "Autocraft" batteries.

My store will continue the warranty after a part has already been swapped. But plain and simple if you are past the "24 month free replacement" period then you get prorated credit; not another "24 month free replacement".
Old 07-23-2015, 09:17 PM

Car: 89GTA Black, Black cloth
Engine: LB9 26,000 miles
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 Australian 9 bolt

duralast batteries are JUNK !!!!!! never EVER buy that... thats your problem get a interstate and battery tender if you dont drive much
Old 07-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

Originally Posted by mk1431
duralast batteries are JUNK !!!!!! never EVER buy that... thats your problem get a interstate and battery tender if you dont drive much
duralast batteries and interstate batteries are both made by the same company.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 AM

Car: 1969 RS Z28 X33 Norwood built
Engine: 383 Stroker
Transmission: T10 4 speed

I buy my brake pads from there for the free replacement. I keep my cars a long time and go through at least three or four sets. other than that, I don't like to use VatoZone for parts.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

People always act surprised when Autozone turns out to be crap. Duuhhhhh

I use national auto parts, smaller chain and they use acdelco parts line

batteries are 7 year no questions asked free replacement

however I do use Autozone occasionally and my local o. Js ok.

my advance auto sucks. They have actually told me before that the part in asking for is not what I want. really? How do you know what I'm working on....
Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z Camaro
Engine: TBI,5.0
Transmission: Automatic 700R4
Axle/Gears: Eaton Posi,3.42,LPW Ultimate Cover

I said I would get the AutoZone manufacture list, so here it is.
The part such as a coolant temperature sensor for my car is listed as a Duralast product but is actually made by a very reputable company called "Well's"

It does not matter what's on the box because these are the actual manufactures.
So now instead of saying "Duralast" sucks you can actually say "Well's" sucks.........or something of that nature.
By the way I give my business either to Summit or Napa or O'Reillys. But......

I did once buy a starter from them that went out twice. They allowed me to change them out for new ones.
The third starter I wrapped in a thermal blanket completely. It has lasted me over 6 years now. Go figure......

Last edited by Ron U.S.M.C.; 08-07-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41

I've bought 3 batteries from AZ for my F-bodies. Same part number as was in the 87 when I bought it... 75-DLG (DuraLast Gold).

First one I bought in 2007 to replace the battery I had gotten after the original died in 2004 (original DLG, replaced by an el-cheapo POS I got from a mechanic at a truck repair shop when car died in PA). No problems. $110 or whatever. 7 year warranty, right? This one was black with yellow/gold top.

Car was taken off the road in 2010, battery disconnected and removed from car when car was stripped. Put it back in in 13. Of course it was stone dead and wouldn't recover after being on my maintaner for weeks at a time. Replaced with battery #2. This one was solid black. My father paid for it at a store 20 miles from here because the store that is closer didn't have any 75-DLG at the time. 24 month free replacement, 7 year warranty, right? Sticker on battery for manufacture date said 06/13, was bought in roughly late July.

2 bad winters with normal, non-wind temps well below 0. Difficult starts due to multiple issues with engine management. Battery #3 gets bought around April of this year due to #2 not holding charge for beans anymore. Same 75-DLG. Same as battery bought in 2007 with gold top. Missing receipt because it went missing in among the stuff in my garage (75-DLG #2 was an outright buy, didn't turn in a core and was going to but receipt went missing). Took battery to AZ and told them I wanted a new one. Guess what? Since I didn't have the receipt to show that the #2 battery was under warranty, their computer didn't show that I even bought the thing in the first place. The kicker? The computer showed the one from 2007! I got a whopping $15 off of the price of the battery and still had to shell out another $120 for the thing. Even though the battery I took in as a core (#2) showed ON THE MANUFACTURE DATE STICKER a date of 06/13! How could I have a battery made in 2013 if I bought it in 2007?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1982 Z-28
Engine: 5.7L Crossfire
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: GM Posi, 3.73

You get what you pay for. I have an Optima red top in one of my cars - its over 10 years old and still going strong. In half that time, I have had 3 Autozone or equivalent auto store batteries in another car. Of course the Optima batteries are almost $200. I'll be buying another red top for the second car when the current battery dies.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:31 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

I've got a side post duralast on my car trailer (for the whinch). It's not in a box and exposed to the weather. I put it on the trailer in 2009. I use the trailer maybe once a month. Still going strong.

Hey, autozone had 4 piston calipers on stock yesterday for my vette so I'm happy. Only $68 each!

-- Joe