Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Hot pink thirdgen, For the girls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 RS 25th Anniversary Edition
Engine: 192
Transmission: 700r4
Hot pink thirdgen, For the girls!

Hey guys, my names Taylor, im 17 and im a pretty new camaro owner. I come to this site and love to look at everyones camaros and restorations so i thought i would share my camaro story! I recently bought my first car, a blue 1992 rs. I bought mine from the original owner, a lady who didnt want to sell it to just anyone. She wanted another girl to own it, so thats how i got it. When i look at the car i can tell that its a female camaro, and i guess thats kind of why i decided to paint it hot pink candy! The car was not garage kept and had a ton of body rust, but other than that the car was in great condition, no dings or dents, and great interior.
Heres the first picture i took of the car before i even bought it, as you can see theres a lot of rust!

The car didnt run when i bought it, it had been sitting for over a year, and the fuel pump was garbage. Me and my dad put the car on a rack the day i bought it and began mission impossible; taking out the gas tank! we did get it out and changed the fuel pump and filter and put fresh gas in her and she fired right up! Then the stripping and sanding began.
The hood was first, one of the worst rust spots. I stripped the car with a razor blade down to primer. Then sanded it down to bare metal and killed any rust.

The roof was next, and by far the WORST!
It took about 4 hours of sanding to eliminate the rust.

Then from there i began stripping and sanding the car panel by panel.
And when they were stripped me and my dad primed them, and after a few weeks the car was completely primed and rust free!

A month and a half of hardwork and sweat and its ready for paint.
But thats not all im doing. Me and my dad bought an excalibur alarm and auto start kit, and we are shaving the doorhandles and installing the push button door poppers. Those will be hooked up tomorrow and hopefully we will shave the doorhandles this weekend. As for the paint, we are doing it two-toned, black on top, and hot pink on the bottom. Heres an idea;

We have already jammed all the doors, the hood, under the hood, and the trunk.

The car will be painted by next week because school starts and it has to be done by then. I have worked so hard on this car and spent my whole summer at my grandpas shop working my butt off! It has been a hard three months and i cant wait to see it painted! I know painting a camaro pink may not be in alot of peoples favor on this site but its every girls dream and i just love the color! Feel free to express your opinion tho! This is for all the girl camaro lovers!

I will post pics as soon as its painted. I have truly fallin in love with the thirdgen camaro, and i live in florida and would love to go to camaro meets, so if anyone knows of any, just let me know.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Re: Hot pink thirdgen, For the girls!

Heres some more pics!

This is the pink candy over white base,

Old 08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

badass, it would match my bright blue one just dandy!

i would go solid pink instead of two-tone, i actually think these cars would wear that color really well tbh.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Formula; 1976 Trans Am
Engine: LT1; None
Transmission: T56; None

Wow! You don't see too many young girls into working on old American cars. That's wicked badass.

The color scheme looks great for a girl's car. Make sure to show us how it comes out
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 97 LT1 W/ Alot of goodies.
Transmission: 4L60E W/ Yank SS3600
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 Bolt BW

Ditto what Bull said. Keep us updated.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by puma1552
badass, it would match my bright blue one just dandy!

i would go solid pink instead of two-tone, i actually think these cars would wear that color really well tbh.
OH! i see that you have yours maui blue. I actually considered that color, its so beautiful!

and yes i definitely had a hard time deciding whether to go two-toned or solid, but i feel like two toned will make the car look a little more.. subtle? i dont know if thats the right word seeing as a hot pink car will never be subtle. haha I think the black will balance the pink and make it not so loud, if that makes sense? heres my inspiration;

if you can just imagine the orange hot pink!

Originally Posted by Bull
Wow! You don't see too many young girls into working on old American cars. That's wicked badass.

The color scheme looks great for a girl's car. Make sure to show us how it comes out
Well thank you! I was worried about posting about my pink camaro but im glad you guys like the idea! i definitely will have pics up of the finished car within the next 2 weeks!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by tdub197
and yes i definitely had a hard time deciding whether to go two-toned or solid, but i feel like two toned will make the car look a little more.. subtle? i dont know if thats the right word seeing as a hot pink car will never be subtle. haha I think the black will balance the pink and make it not so loud, if that makes sense?
I completely agree with you about the black balancing the pink. Good call. All pink would look to much like cartoon bubble gum. The two-tone is going to look sick.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Car: white 87 iroc-z
Engine: 5.7 tpi
Axle/Gears: 3:27

Taylor, all pink, and black in front nose headlight recess, keep factory scheme. Its good to see your generation appreciate the 3rd gen. keep up the good work.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Camaro
Engine: '92 Carb'd 350
Axle/Gears: factory stock

Enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

I knew a girl in school that had 2 brothers that were drag racers. They got her an '81 Camaro, & painted it a Hot Pink Pearl Metalic.

( Our daughters will LOVE you for this!!! )

Looking forward to the finished product pics!!!!

Drive, enjoy, smile & wave like>>>!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 1992 RS
Engine: Carbed 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi

And when you get the money, Taylor brand spiro-wound spark plug wires come in hot pink color to set off the engine bay!

Maybe you could talk Jet-Hot into adding some pink pigment and coat a set of headers pink for you!

My wife is gonna have a cow when she sees this - in a house full of boys (5 sons between us), she wants EVERYTHING pink!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Im not a big fan of pink cars but the fact that you are going to hit it with some black on the top I think is a great idea because you can have too much of one color! It is also good to see a girl my age is getting into doing some work instead of expecting daddy to do all of the work.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

www.fl-thirdgen.org , Florida Thirdgen
Old 08-12-2010, 01:09 AM

I hate you, just kidding my wife saw this and thinks we should paint our Camaro pink. It's not my color but I'm glad to see you're saving a 3rd gen but I would go with solid pink and black headlight pockets and grille. Great job and I can't see it painted.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ms87iroc
Taylor, all pink, and black in front nose headlight recess, keep factory scheme. Its good to see your generation appreciate the 3rd gen. keep up the good work.
yep as you can see in my example picture of how it will look, im definitely keeping the scheme. it would look awful otherwise. Lol
but thanks!

Originally Posted by t-top havoc
Enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

I knew a girl in school that had 2 brothers that were drag racers. They got her an '81 Camaro, & painted it a Hot Pink Pearl Metalic.

( Our daughters will LOVE you for this!!! )

Looking forward to the finished product pics!!!!

Drive, enjoy, smile & wave like>>>!!!
haha i will definited enjoy this car! I dont know how i will feel about all the attention, but i really feel like this car DESERVES to be appreciated!
Its been brought back from the junk pile! haha

Originally Posted by camaronewbie
And when you get the money, Taylor brand spiro-wound spark plug wires come in hot pink color to set off the engine bay!

Maybe you could talk Jet-Hot into adding some pink pigment and coat a set of headers pink for you!

My wife is gonna have a cow when she sees this - in a house full of boys (5 sons between us), she wants EVERYTHING pink!
Hmm, thanks for the ideas, right now im just focused on getting the car painted and registered, but once im done with all that im definitely gonna do some coustom stuff, like pink rims, new interior, and all that good stuff And i totally know what its like to grow up around the boys! Lol

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69
Im not a big fan of pink cars but the fact that you are going to hit it with some black on the top I think is a great idea because you can have too much of one color! It is also good to see a girl my age is getting into doing some work instead of expecting daddy to do all of the work.
Yeah i definitely agree, all pink is too gaudy and "barbie" and thats not what im going for. I just worked hard on this car so i want it to be original! And i get that reaction alot when i tell people or people see my pictures of me working on it haha I can honestly say ive done 80% of the body work on this car. My dad has taught me alot, but once i got it he just let me loose! haha none of my friend had to work for their cars, but then again, none of my friends have a car as sweeet as mine!

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
www.fl-thirdgen.org , Florida Thirdgen
Thanks!

Originally Posted by hardon85
I hate you, just kidding my wife saw this and thinks we should paint our Camaro pink. It's not my color but I'm glad to see you're saving a 3rd gen but I would go with solid pink and black headlight pockets and grille. Great job and I can't see it painted.
Hmm maybe you guys should get another camaro and paint it pink! I promise she will love you forever. haha but thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:15 PM

Car: 1986 Z28, 2006 Cadillac Escalade
Engine: 5.0 litre

Showed this to my 2 daughters and they immediately said, "daddy maybe you should..." before I cut them off. Good job and Good luck to you. Please post pics when shes all complete and done up.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Car: 89 camaro
Engine: 350 LT1
Transmission: 700R4 slushbox

Awesome! Nice to see a fellow female 3rd gen camaro owner. We are a rare breed! Lol. Most women I see that has a camaro, either have a 4th or a 5th gen. I really don't like 4th gens yuck!

Last edited by blueberrycamaro; 08-12-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83 Trans Am / 96 Jeep XJ
Engine: 355 / 4.0 I6
Transmission: TH350 / Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10-bolt / 4wd

Welcome to the third gen club, you'll enjoy the camaro.

I am in Florida, too.. Wanna paint mine?

Don't forget to update us!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 91 GTA, 73 Z28
Engine: 355, 6.0L
Transmission: TH350, 4L80E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.73

i wasnt that shocked to see another teen like myself working on rebuilding a 3rd gen but that fact that youre a girl is completely awesome
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS, 66 Mustang, 78 t/a
Engine: 5.0 TBI, 289, 400
Transmission: 700R4, C4, th350

sweet. I like the effort you put into it.
swing by palm coast sometime.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Hmm maybe you guys should get another camaro and paint it pink! I promise she will love you forever. haha but thanks!
I would love another Camaro but she would never go for that. If you would go for multiple Camaros, you are going to make a man very happy someday.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Car: 1988 camaro
Engine: cammed 3.1
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42

Jacksonville fl here too I'm in the process of getting mine ready for paint too mine's going to be arctic white with red heritage stripes and black rims and window tint. I don't see many third gen's around here but when I do most are looking pretty rough.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by joee5
Showed this to my 2 daughters and they immediately said, "daddy maybe you should..." before I cut them off. Good job and Good luck to you. Please post pics when shes all complete and done up.
haha thats hilarious! i definitely will post pics! I think your daughters have good taste in cars and color! haha :P

Originally Posted by blueberrycamaro
Awesome! Nice to see a fellow female 3rd gen camaro owner. We are a rare breed! Lol. Most women I see that has a camaro, either have a 4th or a 5th gen. I really don't like 4th gens yuck!
Yes indeed! We have to represent! I totally dislike 4th gens too. I feel like the third generation camaros were the last REAL camaros made!

Originally Posted by bradley23150
Welcome to the third gen club, you'll enjoy the camaro.

I am in Florida, too.. Wanna paint mine?

Don't forget to update us!
Thanks! Come to jacksonville and ill hook you up :P

Originally Posted by tylercamaro
i wasnt that shocked to see another teen like myself working on rebuilding a 3rd gen but that fact that youre a girl is completely awesome
Thank you!

Originally Posted by 92 Camaro
sweet. I like the effort you put into it.
swing by palm coast sometime.

Originally Posted by firebird904
Jacksonville fl here too I'm in the process of getting mine ready for paint too mine's going to be arctic white with red heritage stripes and black rims and window tint. I don't see many third gen's around here but when I do most are looking pretty rough.
OH sweet! what side of town? I like the paint idea! I almost went all black with pink heritage stripes, it makes the car look super clean! Yeah, sadly i havent seen a thirdgen camaro in jacksonville that doesnt looks like the paint job is straight from the 90's! LOL im out to change people opinion about thirdgens! ;D but i always wave or honk when i see a fellow thirdgen! Come by Wilson's Body Shop anytime if you ever need some work done!

Originally Posted by hardon85
I would love another Camaro but she would never go for that. If you would go for multiple Camaros, you are going to make a man very happy someday.
LOL!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Car: 1982 z28
Engine: 383
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi

its nice to see a female restore a camaro, nice work by the way look forward to seeing it in paint.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: 5 speed

You go girl!
Its great to see a 3rd gen going hot pink...maybe a silver pinstripe between the black and pink??
AND..GIRL!!! where is your respirator!!!!????
I got a lot of heat for painting the flames on my Sportster pink....but I like it and thats all that matters!!!!!!!
I really love what you are doing with your car and cant wait to see it when its painted!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 420HP ZZ4 350
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 4:11's

All I can say is, a female driving and working on a 3rd Gen is just HOTT!!!! You dont see that very often. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 316 Likes on 259 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27

Its great to see the younger generations getting into "our" 3rd gens.Even better when its a female & shes doing her own work.

I like the color combo, but have you though of painting the sail panels black.Like the or/blk car in post #6.I think it'll give the car a sleeker profile.

Regardless, progress looks excellent.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 iroc-z camaro
Engine: 305TPI
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23 posi

SWEET! and thanks for saving another thirdgen and not letting it rust any more! The two tone should look pretty good, i think it would look sweet with some silver pinstriping. Defintly looking foward to finished pics.

Might be an little early but... what are you thinking for an future engine? Also why isnt your boyfriend helping? Haha good luck with the car!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 pontiac firebird
Engine: 6.5 turbo diesel
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: Ws6 axle

as many have already said its amazing to so a good looking girl working on a thirdgen and making it look how she wants.

whats your plans for the drive train?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1983 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I have to say, I'm impressed. Most females our age have very limited tastes when it comes to vehicles, and a rusty third gen usually isn't high on the list (or isn't on the list at all, I should say).

The fact that you're getting your hands dirty and learning in the process is that much cooler. Keep up the good work and you'll have a great first car

Good luck keeping the guys away though!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:09 AM

Car: 1985 Camaro Iroc-Z
Engine: LB9
Axle/Gears: 3.42

its gonna look good

thats one for sale locally o.O

what kind of wheels do you plan on putting on it?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Car: '83 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: 305 with aluminum heads, voodoo cam
Transmission: 700r4 auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 3.73 gears

very sweet idea. i love the bacl two-tone. put some nice chrome wheels, maybe those chrome irok knock off's and ud be set. never saw a girl my age love muscle cars and working on em..marry me? lol =]
Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 PM

Car: 1989 Mystery Firebird
Engine: 350 FIRST TPI

kinda original... good luck... update with many pics asap
Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 Stage II
Axle/Gears: 3.23 For Now

I love to see the younger generation get involved with these cars....seems like I was just doing the same thing! And especially...because it's going to be a little different than most of the guys cars on here. Make'n your car your own is the best and only way if you ask me Welcome to the boards

You'll learn everything you need to know about these cars right here
Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Car: 88 Iroc Z, 00 SS
Engine: 5.7 HSR, 5.7 LS1
Transmission: 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23, 3.42

Originally Posted by Jr. Mechanic
I have to say, I'm impressed. Most females our age have very limited tastes when it comes to vehicles, and a rusty third gen usually isn't high on the list (or isn't on the list at all, I should say)
Unfortunately its true, most girls aren't really into these camaros because they aren't a symbol of a wealth(like say a new corvette, camaro, hummer,escalade, etc) making it just another car, although I have never had a girl get out of my car without them saying they really like it,(mostly because the exhaust and t-tops) well that's enough of my ranting, any pics of the paint progress yet?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Car: 84 z28
Engine: 355
Axle/Gears: one wheel peel

maybe just do the gfx in the candy pink? ive done 2 or 3 cars in candy pink...its really tough to make them not look guady. what i have seen that works awesome is to lay down a white pearl base coat then go back over that with a red candy, in one angle its white, from another its completely pink.

either way its gonna be awesome....you arent gonna put some big ghetto cruiser wheels on it are you?

kudos for working on it yourself, my 17 year old sister cant even check her own oil....
Old 08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: LQ9/L92
Transmission: 4L60E

congrats on some great work. can't wait to see what it looks like when its done
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by krzyz
its nice to see a female restore a camaro, nice work by the way look forward to seeing it in paint.
Thanks! Shouldnt be too much longer! Planning to paint next week!

Originally Posted by bsporty
You go girl!
Its great to see a 3rd gen going hot pink...maybe a silver pinstripe between the black and pink??
AND..GIRL!!! where is your respirator!!!!????
I got a lot of heat for painting the flames on my Sportster pink....but I like it and thats all that matters!!!!!!!
I really love what you are doing with your car and cant wait to see it when its painted!!!!!
Hmm, idk if i want to add any more colors on the car since pink is already gonna be out there! But i might draw it up and see how it looks! And i looove the pink flames idea! I wish i was that cool! Haha! Thanks!

Originally Posted by *86EYEROK*
All I can say is, a female driving and working on a 3rd Gen is just HOTT!!!! You dont see that very often. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Haha, I love the look of your car btw!

Originally Posted by 84 1LE
Its great to see the younger generations getting into "our" 3rd gens.Even better when its a female & shes doing her own work.

I like the color combo, but have you though of painting the sail panels black.Like the or/blk car in post #6.I think it'll give the car a sleeker profile.

Regardless, progress looks excellent.
Thanks! Well my grandpa collects old cars, my favorite, a 69 Chevelle! ;D so i grew up around restoring and appreciating old cars! I was destined to get a 92 camaro! But to be honest i never would have thought i would drive a camaro! It was just love at first sight when i saw this one!
And yes, I actually took apart all the door moldings in order to get rid of some little rust spots that were hiding underneath, and the sail panels are buffed and ready for paint! The idea is that the whole top half of the car looks completely blacked out! Thanks!

Originally Posted by iroc stangs
SWEET! and thanks for saving another thirdgen and not letting it rust any more! The two tone should look pretty good, i think it would look sweet with some silver pinstriping. Defintly looking foward to finished pics.

Might be an little early but... what are you thinking for an future engine? Also why isnt your boyfriend helping? Haha good luck with the car!
Ofcourse! I couldnt let her die! Lol And your the second person to say something about a silver stripe, i cant really picture it, but im gonna talk to my dad about it! Thanks for the idea! As for the engine, im not really thinking that far ahead just yet, i just want to get the car painted and drive it and get used to it because its definitely no honda! LOL But this car is definitely gonna be an ongoing project for me, so an engine swap could definitely be in this camaros future, maybe a small block. And this is my baby! I dont trust anyone to work on her really hahaha! But thanks!

Originally Posted by 87bluebird
as many have already said its amazing to so a good looking girl working on a thirdgen and making it look how she wants.

whats your plans for the drive train?
Thank you! Im flattered! As for now i am completely happy with my v6 That may sound wimpy but i think for right now its enough power for me! Im only 17 so i think ive got plenty of time! And honestly, id rather look hot driving slow and crusing, than drive fast and wreck all my work! LOL I told my dad i wanted a twin turbo supra and he about flipped! In a few years when i have more driving experience i know he would be down for whatever engine i want tho! I guess i should start planning ahead tho! Theres so much i can do! Lol

Originally Posted by Jr. Mechanic
I have to say, I'm impressed. Most females our age have very limited tastes when it comes to vehicles, and a rusty third gen usually isn't high on the list (or isn't on the list at all, I should say).

The fact that you're getting your hands dirty and learning in the process is that much cooler. Keep up the good work and you'll have a great first car

Good luck keeping the guys away though!
That is definitely true! Even the chinese people at my work tell me "You car too old, take to garbage" hahaha But if you just stand back and look at the body line of the thirdgen, you cant help but say to yourself... "Thats one SEXY car!" haha i do it all the time actuallly :P But i can gauruntee that none of my friend will want to be driving in their toyotas or hondas when they see my car done! haha I think this car is definitely worth all the work and the wait to drive it! As for all the attention, im a little worried about that, thats why i got some really black tint :P Thanks!

Originally Posted by fadedirocz28
its gonna look good

thats one for sale locally o.O

what kind of wheels do you plan on putting on it?
Thanks! Thats a clean lookin car, but thats exactly the pink i was trying to stay away from, because its the typical pink everyone paints a car. But its pretty nonetheless!

As for rims, im thinking of throwing some forgiatos on it, maybe 19's?
These are the ones i want:

And i would paint the silver part the same color pink and leave the rest blacked out. But they can get a little pricy so i might have to wait a little while for them! Im a sucker for nice rims!

Originally Posted by vinny83
very sweet idea. i love the bacl two-tone. put some nice chrome wheels, maybe those chrome irok knock off's and ud be set. never saw a girl my age love muscle cars and working on em..marry me? lol =]
Thanks, and yeah i do like the irok rims, and paint em pink and they would look good! And as long as you dont ask to drive my car, we could have a happy marriage

Originally Posted by spade
kinda original... good luck... update with many pics asap
Will do! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sickness91Z28
I love to see the younger generation get involved with these cars....seems like I was just doing the same thing! And especially...because it's going to be a little different than most of the guys cars on here. Make'n your car your own is the best and only way if you ask me Welcome to the boards

You'll learn everything you need to know about these cars right here
Well its definitely not for the weak and unmotivated to work on these cars! All they need is a little tender love and care and they clean up really nice! I agree with making your car your own. Sure you can go buy a new 2010 camaro stock and look cool untill the new 2011 camaro comes out, OR you can buy a thirdgen and fix it up and look just as good, if not better for alot less AND you get the fun of working on it yourself! Cant beat that :P Thanks, ive already got alot of great info on here!

Originally Posted by 88 5.7 Iroc-Z
Unfortunately its true, most girls aren't really into these camaros because they aren't a symbol of a wealth(like say a new corvette, camaro, hummer,escalade, etc) making it just another car, although I have never had a girl get out of my car without them saying they really like it,(mostly because the exhaust and t-tops) well that's enough of my ranting, any pics of the paint progress yet?
Haha very true. Its a superficial state of mind most girls are in! Im not gonna lie, i would love to have a 2010 camaro, but i wouldnt trade my 92 for ANYTHING! <3 And yep, i bet all the girls love your car, i would be one of them! Haha. But no painting pics yet, my car has been away from me for two days Getting the Alarm, autostart, and keyless entry hooked up! And after i pick it up (hopefully today) ive got to shave the doorhandles, and a few minor primer touchups and its ready for paint!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Car: 88 Iroc Z, 00 SS
Engine: 5.7 HSR, 5.7 LS1
Transmission: 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23, 3.42

But no painting pics yet, my car has been away from me for two days
Thats how I felt when I got mine, couldn't drive it because it didn't have insurance and it was winter, I would just get home from school and go sit in it, and it got worse when I got the flowmaster installed as a Christmas present, finally my parents broke down and let me start driving it mid january and from then on its been a blast
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 420HP ZZ4 350
Axle/Gears: 4:11's

Thanks! Haha, I love the look of your car btw!
Thanks!! Keep us posted on the progress.

Last edited by *86EYEROK*; 08-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2002 GS300 Sport Design
Engine: 3.0L 2JZGE
Transmission: 5-Speed Shiftable Automatic

Wow now that is talent I bet your pops showed you all the ropes and turns on this awsome. Just complety hot.

Tony.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi

Damn nice! Wish I had your skills!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by jay_d
maybe just do the gfx in the candy pink? ive done 2 or 3 cars in candy pink...its really tough to make them not look guady. what i have seen that works awesome is to lay down a white pearl base coat then go back over that with a red candy, in one angle its white, from another its completely pink.

either way its gonna be awesome....you arent gonna put some big ghetto cruiser wheels on it are you?

kudos for working on it yourself, my 17 year old sister cant even check her own oil....
Yeah, i definitely dont want it to look gaudy. Thats where the black come into play. The black is gonna make it look more classy i think. Lol And i did shoot the candy over silver base and the color was too red for my tastes, so we are gonna use a white base. Im trying to make it HOT pink metallic.

And i might put some 19's on it. but im not trying to look ghetto, i just like big rims. My dad has an el camino on 24's haha i definitely dont wanna go anywhere near that big! But thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by 1ADan
congrats on some great work. can't wait to see what it looks like when its done
Thanks! I cant wait either!

Originally Posted by 88 5.7 Iroc-Z
Thats how I felt when I got mine, couldn't drive it because it didn't have insurance and it was winter, I would just get home from school and go sit in it, and it got worse when I got the flowmaster installed as a Christmas present, finally my parents broke down and let me start driving it mid january and from then on its been a blast
HAHAHA thats hilarious, i have spent more hours just SITTING in my car than actually driving it (for the same reason you couldnt drive yours, no insurance) LOL im glad to see im not the only one who enjoyed just chillin in their maro, i would just run the battery dead listening to music because me and my dad hooked up all my speakers and put two 10's in the back! I cant wait to drive it everyday tho!

Originally Posted by DeathMetalTony
Wow now that is talent I bet your pops showed you all the ropes and turns on this awsome. Just complety hot.

Tony.
Thanks! Yes my dad has helped me alot and without him i wouldnt have this car! Gotta give my dad props!

Originally Posted by RSFreak
Damn nice! Wish I had your skills!
Lol thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Supreme Member

Ok, give me the secret. What can I do so that my daughter is into old cars and working on them when she's a teenager?
Old 08-13-2010, 10:38 PM

Car: 1988 camaro
Engine: cammed 3.1
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42

I'm on the southside of town. Like right off of beach blvd.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: 305

Well this should certainly be interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Is that you in the pics? lol
Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 PM

Car: Trailblazer EXT 4.2 (Firebird Form)
Engine: 5.1 4bbl
Transmission: 700R4 Mega Raptor Level 4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

wow .... will you marry me????? ... ... Wait!!! In a year of course.. j/k...

good to see women taking pride in these beautiful third gens...
Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 AM

Car: 1991 RS Camaro
Engine: 400 Smallblock

Maybe my mom and little sis will believe me when I say that cars arent only a "guy thing"...more power to the pink camaro!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 AM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z, 1979 Malibu Classic
Engine: LSx 5.3
Transmission: MN12 6-speed, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42

Looking good so far!

Last edited by dynodanmanda79; 12-26-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM

Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 HO
Transmission: 5 spd

Awesome !!!!!!!!! You are a special young lady...You obviously have a GREAT Dad!!!

Dads -If you want your girls to be "into" it.... #1 - Start them young -keep them into it....Car Shows are a great place to start....#2 Don't be a wimp...MAKE them....put up with the pouty faces till their 18 if you have to...they may never love it like you do, but it's not something that they will (always) hate you for, either. Once they discover cars=boys, they will usually be more willing..lol... Spending time with your daughter is the best thing you can do for them! (NOT throwing money at them to go shopping!!!!)

Our daughter is 13 and loves the car shows ALMOST as much as we do!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Trans Am, 88 Formula
Engine: 95LT4, 305TPI
Transmission: T56, T5

Looking good. Can't wait to see the end product.

Quick Reply: Hot pink thirdgen, For the girls!