Canadian Region Take off to the Great White North.

Canada has the right to destroy any performance modified car

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: None
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Canada has the right to destroy any performance modified car

Read the full articles, they have a lot more to say.

First Article

"If you want to get in the business of street racing, souping it up, or driving it, this is what's going to happen to your car. We're going to take it away from you, and we're going to destroy it."

The bigger story here isn't just illegal street racing, it's taking on modified cars as a whole. This has got to stop! These guys below are destroying cars that are modified, based on a preemptive cause. They haven't even been caught street racing, and yet they are still being destroyed.
Second Article

This is totally tyrannical and has no place in the free world. I would expect this from a communist country, but never our friendly neighbor to the north. This violates your right as a vehicle owner not only to add performance, but to customize it the way you want. Want to add a body kit, custom rims, or a fancy new paint job? Guess what, your government wants to destroy your vehicle and your sense of individualism. Even if the vehicle never sees a single street race, or is even modified towards street racing with high performance parts, according to the statement below they want to destroy your vehicle.

Third Article

Also happening in Ontario, the provincial government crushed a pair of cars Thursday that had been modified for illegal street racing (Or for the track. There's no way to know unless you ask the person who did the modifcations.), in hopes of deterring "motorheads" (Motorheads? I think they mean Gearheads, or Petrol heads.) from the dangerous practice.

Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant presided over the spectacle at a wrecking yard in Markham today.

The so-called "hot-wheels" cars, both Hondas (Civics), had been modified to make them run faster.

Their seats and side panels had also been removed.

YouTube- Honda Civics Crushed

So far it seems only Ontario has done this so far but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here in BC or Quebec but how can you take my car and destroy it if I haven't done anything illegal? How?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip
Re: Canada has the right to destroy any performance modified car

They ain't gonna take my car hahaha!!! Who is going to take it??? Who? I know a cop in his right mind wouldn't do something like that... It's called vandalism/theft and it's against the law last time I remembered!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM

Wow thats some crap. Whats the problem canada's cop cars cant keep up?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip

Actually, it's the contrary... I know around Montreal's suburbs (not on the island) i've seen many dodge charger SRT8's cruising around... Not that i'd run from one anyways but it's a show of power that they aren't messin around... People here do run from cops i've seen it, it's retarted..
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Car: Blue 84 z28/Cyber 2010ss/rs
Engine: Dart headed, 12:1 355- 510/530 cam
Transmission: TKO 600 Lakewood Bell
Axle/Gears: Richmond 410 Spooled

lol NO srt8 **** box will come close to gettin me in my 2010 2SS, not that i give reason to
Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Car: 86 Trans Am
Engine: 385 Fast Burn
Transmission: 700R4 - stock (eep!)
Axle/Gears: Stock, will upgrade at some point

What about cars that come right off the shelf super fast? Almost ANY car these days can go fast enough to streetrace, you don't have to be going 200km/hr to kill people. I'm all for being against street racing but for someone like me with no speeding tickets (I've actually had 5 in the past 22 years but technically none now cause of the 3 year thing and none of them were point deductions) and no history of racing how could that possibly hold up in court?

This is like charging every American carrying a gun with murder, just because they have a gun on them. Seriously, this is assinign and I really hope this is just the old news being rehashed. I work at the MTO, and I've heard some pretty solid rumours this law is getting the axe for being unconstitutional.

And that article makes a good point, if your car is going to be crushed regardless you might as well make a run for it in that slim chance you might get away.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Car: 87 Camaro IROC
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

actually, its quite an interesting decision. Its a good decision to capture and crush all civics/acuras just because the drivers are usually dicks and deserve it for buying front wheel drive. Every time you see street racing, or when a race has occured and is announced on the news, its always some asian car, so naturally, they go for the asian cars. I haven't seen or read about any muscle cars impounded (exception: 2009 Corvette racing in victoria, but corvette got ugly after the 70's anyways so its pretty moot).

BESIDES that...its pretty rediculious to be removing your side panels, dash, back seats and gutting your trunk. Then put in some NOS, and a K&N filter. Just what are the cops gonna think your doing with your car? anybody who goes to the trouble of gutting the car and driving it around town as if its normal is asking for trouble and those idiots need to be caught.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 AM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z
Engine: 305 (TPI)
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: i dunno lolz

Stupidest law ever. Canada could be focusing on the important stuff like legalizing weed and prostitution

Not crushing your car...for being MODIFIED
Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9...eature=related

heres another vid
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: stock

It's really only Ontario that's doing this.

Despite what is these asshat politicians say, these cars getting crushed have been impounded and kept for a LOOOOONGGGG time. The previous owners were probably poor, living in mommy's basement and have signed over ownership to the Impound lot a while ago.

Enter Mr. Anti-cool car Asshat, trying to make a spectacle and try to prove a point to fit a political agenda.

Point is, SWAT teams are raiding car guys' homes and grabbing cars just to throw in the crusher. Just more of the same kind of alarmism.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA restoration proje
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:27

Hang on, I have heard nothing about crushing your car just because it is modified or fast.
If you race on the street, Be it a POS or a highly tuned machine its going bye bye.
So yes you did something illegal. Racing has no place on busy streets, take it to the strip.

Here is the part that disturbs me, Cops are judge and jury. Any one remember the old movie Judge Dredd. All you need is a guy on a bad day and your toast, your word against his. Wait you have no word.

Last edited by bfrd22; 04-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:22 AM

Car: 82 Camaro Lots of mods
Engine: Blown 355
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:73

I live in the southern part of ontario and there is alot of street machines and muscle cars around here, we are called the classic car capital of ontario and its funny when you see all of us cruisin down the road nice and slow and carefully and then these little rice rockets come pulling up beside us and want to run, grab a clue I myself am pushing 500hp and there is alot faster cars than mine around here. Everywhere you go around here these (ricers) are racing around city all hours of the night with these fart cans for mufflers weaving in and around traffic like they are road racing. When these guys get caught for racing and they get there cars crushed I dont feel the least bit sorry for them (As long as it is something illegal).