DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

FAST EZ EFI on a RamJet 350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: RamJet 350 running EZ-EFI 2.0
Transmission: Richmond 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.1
FAST EZ EFI on a RamJet 350?

I've been running a RamJet 350 with a 730 ECM. I've been considering going to EZ EFI just to let it take care of itself.

Anyone know if I can just use the TPI retrofit kit?

I know it doesn't control timing.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70
Re: FAST EZ EFI on a RamJet 350?

yes you can. if im thinking correct the ram jet i layed out like the TPI and you will need the 302000 kit. as for a distributor, a DUI 14000 pn as this will be a narrow style dizz like the TPI style but runs like an old style HEI.

when you get the kit and you place the ECM inside like i did you will need to extend the o2 lead.

BTW, if your car is a 90-92 you will still have to keep your stock ECM in place and make sure its getting power so your cluster will work being they intergrated alot of stuff into the ECM that werent in the 85-89 years.

after you get everything wired, running, and sorted you will be VERY happy with the EZ system. i'v had mine installed for almost a year this up coming weekend and love it. i cant get the full use out of mine yet because i built it with too much compression and i cant throw much timing at or it will seriously detonate.

which is why im building a 383 with much more knowledge on my side. ya have any further ques just ask.

BTW, you CANNOT run any power adders with the EZ. for the cost of what the EZ does, ya cant beat it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QUICKCHICKEN
yes you can. if im thinking correct the ram jet i layed out like the TPI and you will need the 302000 kit. as for a distributor, a DUI 14000 pn as this will be a narrow style dizz like the TPI style but runs like an old style HEI.

when you get the kit and you place the ECM inside like i did you will need to extend the o2 lead.

BTW, if your car is a 90-92 you will still have to keep your stock ECM in place and make sure its getting power so your cluster will work being they intergrated alot of stuff into the ECM that werent in the 85-89 years.

after you get everything wired, running, and sorted you will be VERY happy with the EZ system. i'v had mine installed for almost a year this up coming weekend and love it. i cant get the full use out of mine yet because i built it with too much compression and i cant throw much timing at or it will seriously detonate.

which is why im building a 383 with much more knowledge on my side. ya have any further ques just ask.

BTW, you CANNOT run any power adders with the EZ. for the cost of what the EZ does, ya cant beat it.
Pm'd you.

There is definitely some applications where the EZ can be a good alternative.
But given the mild combination in the Ramjet, they're easy to tune. Many systems can come with a base tune that will be very very close for that reason.
And being able to control spark is huge. On the better systems you can pull spark out as the temp rises, making it less prone to detonation. In addition most have the ability to do some sort of power adder, and don't necessitate having to change distributors etc either.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Engine: RamJet 350 running EZ-EFI 2.0
Transmission: Richmond 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.1

Thanks all. I've been burning chips with an Autoprom and TunerproRT. Just considering moving away from that and letting the computer do it all.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70

i doubt yours will be much diff being (im assuing)its a 90-92 car but when we set up my EZ NONE of the connections, fuel lines or anything went outside the eng bay for setup.

there are about 8-10 wires that you actually have to locate a home for, all of the other connections are already built on the harness.

amazingly everything tapped into exsisting harness's and relays. as for the Holley, MSD, or any other system i cant speak for them. i will sugguest that you do like we did and lay everything out on the eng, get it plugged in without making any alterations and get it running. then after its up and running and you have a idle baseline programmed then route the harness in a running form.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Car: 1992 firebird
Engine: 3.1.... soon to be... bigger.
Transmission: 700r4, looking for t5
Axle/Gears: I havent a clue.

Originally Posted by QUICKCHICKEN
yes you can. if im thinking correct the ram jet i layed out like the TPI and you will need the 302000 kit. as for a distributor, a DUI 14000 pn as this will be a narrow style dizz like the TPI stylebut it runs like an old style HEI.

I'm fixing up a 350 block to drop in my 92 firebird v6. What exactly am I supposed to do about the ecm when I'm using the EZ system? An also, im going to use the base EZ kit, so what about my distributor? Can i run an aftermarket MSD distributor?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM
TGO Supporter

for the cost of what the EZ does, ya cant beat it.
check this: dymanicefi.com
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro, 1986 S10, 2000 Harley
Engine: LS6
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.75 9" ford trac loc

Originally Posted by Ronny
check this: dymanicefi.com
This is what I did. Get the port injection mod. Easy to tune and works very well.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 PM

What fuel line are you using? Did you have to change the stock one? BTW: do you know what the stock diameter is?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM
TGO Supporter

I found the easiest to work with and (reuse) as well is Aeroquip push fit EFI fuel line with PF AN fittings. Tthey also sell a compression fitting to mate with stock hard line. I think the hardline was 5/16 and 3/8 O diameter. just measure it with a caliper.