Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Help!!!!! with ECM and sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!!! with ECM and sensor wiring

I have been having problems with my CTS for a while now and I have finally decided that it must be something to do with the wiring. I have gone through three in the last 6 months. I have determined that there is a short or some other disturbance in the yellow wire coming off the sensor. I determined this by clearing the codes, connecting the black and yellow wires with a jumper, started car, got another code 15. I am told that this means it is a wiring problem. I then cleared the codes again and ran a jumper from the yellow wire to a good ground. Cleared the codes again, started it up and got another 15. My procedure tells me that this means that there is a problem with the yellow wire. Soooooo......I took my multi meter and did some tests. This is where you come in because when it comes to wiring and electronics, I am an idiot. I first tested for continuity on the yellow wire to the harness. It had continuity. The resistance on this wire was .1-.2 ohms with the ignition off. I couldnt get a value when the car was running, the meter would switch between k ohms and m ohms and stay at 0. The ground wire showed a resistance of 45 when the ignition was in the on position and 91 when the car was running. I then decided to get some values from the ECM pin #10, the CTS pin. On the yellow plug on the ECM pin 10 was as follows:

Top pin: 1.5 k ohms
Bottom pin: 1.7 k ohms

The black plug:
Top: 0
Bottom: 1.2 k ohms

I am not sure which one is the right plug as I am running an integrator for the SD conversion and the wires change colors. I am not sure if I am going about this right or if I have just made an *** of myself but I don't know where to go from here. Thanks.
bsa

------------------
"If they do not run, Then they will die." - Stonewall Jackson

'87 IROC, 355 TPI, Converted to SD, 700R4, B&M Megashifter, 3.42, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads, Comp Cam, Comp 1.6 Rockers, Lucas 23# injectors, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster 3'' exhaust, gutted cat, Mallory coil, Mallory HyFire IV ignition box, Mallory Sidewinder 8mm wires, Autolite platinum plugs, K&N filters, Transgo Performance Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 2,000 Stall Torque Converter