Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Need Help Desperately!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Trans Am 5.0L TPI
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Need Help Desperately!

Hi all! Thanks in advance for your help. I don't know how anyone could own a 3rd gen and not be a member of this site. I have found numerous solutions and some after spending thousands of dollars trying to have a shop fix it.

Anyhow lets get down to business. Some jerk stole the radio out of my 88 trans am. I can deal with the radio but they not only cut the radio wires but some other wires as well including the ones that used to go to the flasher. I now have no turn signals. I look under the dash where the radio used to be and I see three connecters that go to the ac/heat unit. A few wires that go to the cig lighter then there is a really big harness that used to connect to something but I think they took the other half of it. Dont think it was for the radio but maybe it was for the original factory radio. And then there are a bunch of loose cut wires. Nothing seems to be not functioning but there are too many wires for me to guess wich ones go to the flasher.

Could someone just look at the wires that go to the flasher and let me know what colors they are so that I can get my signals going. Thanks alot. I get paranoid driving around with no blinkers...you never know, police are trying to keep there jobs these days.

Appreciate any help i can get. even a picture could be useful. If you need me to take a picture I will.

Actually I just took some. They are not focused great but youll get the idea.
The harness I was asking about is circled in red. It might have been to the radio I don't really know. The picture with the blue wire circled in green is actually two wires joined at the end where the connecter is. I have no idea what this is. and the picture with no circles is just the rest of the wires that were cut or loose.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Desperately!-dsci0017-2-.jpg   Need Help Desperately!-dsci0018-2-.jpg   Need Help Desperately!-dsci0021-2-.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: LOWERED ♦ CRIMSON METALFLAKE
Engine: ► 400 KUBES ◄
Transmission: 765R4
Axle/Gears: EATON POSI 4.56
Color Me Wired

A DARK-BLUE wire and a PURPLE wire go to the turn signal flasher.

A LIGHT-BLUE wire goes to the left front bulb.

A DARK-BLUE wire goes to the right front bulb.

A YELLOW wire goes to the left rear bulb.

A DARK-GREEN wire goes to the right rear bulb.

Make the next radio you get have a removable faceplate.

Happy Racing!

If People Drove Any Slower They’d Be Going Backwards

When you see fog lights on in good weather beware. Low performance driver ahead. Right grandma?

How bout those nervous nellies too scared to drive without headlights on in the daytime or if there is a little rain!

Last edited by NINÅ; 11-25-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 AM

Re: Color Me Wired

Nina thanks for that. I will try that tomorrow and post the results! Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 AM

Re: Color Me Wired

It worked fine! Blue and Purple wire. my hazards are not flashing but that is the least of my worries at the moment. I'll figure those out eventually. Thanks again you've saved the day! not to mention my ****...my other car I would have to drive is a ford contour in wich the heater doesn't work and I freeze driving to work at 5am!