Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Need some help think I found problem but need help identifying a few things....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 83' Z28 camaro
Engine: 5.7L 350
Transmission: TH350
Need some help think I found problem but need help identifying a few things....

So I have been working on the brakes on my 83 z28 for a few months now and after fixing that problem I gained another. I did a little upgrade to my ignition the other day MSD street fire distributor and performance plugs and wires no trouble at all done many times before. When I went to start her up I got nothing no clicking, no turning, just silence. I have checked the battery is fine and fully charged and all connections to the starter were cleaned and checked out fine. So I got to thinking what did I mess with that could have caused this as the car started and ran fine before. So while replacing my brake booster I unplugged the 3 wire connectors in the second attached pic. After more diagnosing when I turned the key I could hear a click and it was coming from that location. I unplugged them again and found they were very dirty and not clean at all. I cleaned up the first 2 and My cooling fan starting working again which it hasn't for awhile but I didn't think anything of it cause I wasn't driving it. I guess my big question is what do these connections go to and the longer on I pulled out in the other pic is that the ignition switch and could that be the cause of my problems thanks.......
Attached Thumbnails Need some help think I found problem but need help identifying a few things....-2012-07-21_10-36   Need some help think I found problem but need help identifying a few things....-2012-07-21_10-36  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 83' Z28 camaro
Engine: 5.7L 350
Transmission: TH350
Re: Need some help think I found problem but need help identifying a few things....

Well I have kinda answered my own questions after searching on google for a bit I guess I am looking at the fuel pump relay, cooling fan relay, and relay for my ac so I wouldn't think any of these would have to do with my no start problem...