Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

84 voltage regulator wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: 5.0 4bl carb
Transmission: automatic
84 voltage regulator wiring issue

ok so my 84 berlinetta has an issue charging the battery, i've recently replaced the alternator and belt as well as the positive and negative cables and a new battery. so i took it to a mechanic because this extended far beyond my scope of expertise, the mechanic told me they needed to check the wires coming from the voltage regulator. so $300 later the guy tells me that they had to cut some wires to connect to the hot wire from the voltage regulator and replace it. so after a month the car is doing the same thing, not charging the battery. the guys shop is closed down and on top of that my radio didnt work after i got it back, i take my car to another shop to get it checked out and they told me the guy cut the wrong wire and and the hot wire isnt getting any power to it. so does anyone have any layman wiring diagrams so i can figure out which is the correct wire to connect so the voltage regulator will work and perhaps get my radio fixed as well? i would greatly appreciate any help or responses, this car is my daily driver and i need her working! thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: Auto 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt - 2.77
Re: 84 voltage regulator wiring issue

Here is a wiring diagram for the charging system for your car. Hope this helps you out.
Attached Thumbnails 84 voltage regulator wiring issue-41897101.gif