Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

91 Camaro LS swap speedo issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 09:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
91 Camaro LS swap speedo issues

I have a 91 Z28 that was converted to LS1/T56 using a pocket harness from Walter race Kraft.

when the swap was completed, the speedometer worked perfectly. I brought it home to clean up the mess the shop made and also add a bunch of upgrades.

one of the upgrades was to convert to a 98 ls1 camaro cruise control module. I never finished the installation as other projects took priority. After finishing the other projects (rear gear, ls1 fans and radiator, rust repair) I took a drive only to discover the speedo and odometer not moving at all. The only thing in that circuit that I removed was the old cruise control harness to i could modify it for use with the ls1 setup.

I figured maybe a the missing harness and ground so i reconnected the harness, vacuum module and ground. Still no speedo.

I searched this topic but since I have a unique setup with the ls swap, I didn’t find anything useful.

I can image that coincidentally the speedo PCB may have been damaged but I never had an issue with it before and the car only had 66k when I started the swap. The schematic shows the bad output goes to the original pcm and the cruise module. Is that module the vacuum assembly under the hood?

any help is welcome. I’m lost and I don’t want to rip my cluster apart just yet to test the speedo PCB.