Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
Re: Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?

Wow. Some of this stuff is crazy...

1. No smoking. Unless you are willing to go topless and you're a girl.
2. Absolutely NO drinking or food of any sort. It took me 3 months to get all of the ashes and the beer pull tabs out from under my console, seats, and carpet. This rule doesn't apply to only myself, as I usually only eat in the car on long road trips and can't exactly avoid it.
3. I am the ONLY one who operates ANY controls on the car. Don't like the bass, the windows being open, the loud exhaust leak (not too loud but still annoying enough), the heat control setting? That brings me to my next one.
4. NO complaints! It's MY car! Shut up and deal with it! I don't care if the bass is hurting your ears or you want me to be able to hear you! If I have the bass turned on, I don't want to hear you! Got it? And yes, I know no air comes out of the middle dash vents. I made it that way. I also know I don't have air conditioning and the air coming out of the vents is somewhere between hotter than he11 and lukewarm because I also don't have a working temp control door.
5. Wipe your feet. I already have enough stains in the carpet due to the PO letting the heater core leak all over the pass side floor among other things.
6. Don't complain you can't adjust the seat. The lever is broken, and there really isn't much I can do about that without replacing the seat (or at least the mechanism, but I don't have the money for that, either).
7. Don't try to mess with the t-tops. I keep them locked for a reason, and if I want them out, I'll take them out, okay?
8. No "what does this thing do"? Tends to get annoying after a while, along with the "did you notice your xxx is on?" (generally the SES light, which I can't help BUT notice).
9. If you're going to get in the back, don't complain about either A, the headroom, or B, the fact that my seat is 3 notches forward from all the way back. I have the seat that way for a reason.
10. Be courteous enough to at least make sure the seat belt is retracted all the way. I don't care how you do it right now, but don't leave the buckle in the door jam.
11. Absolutely under NO circumstances will we be listening to rap or any of that steaming pile of horse dung music. Yes, I know it would sound good with my subs. I also know that stuff is tasteless and for those who are tone-deaf. And don't be talking about your favorite rapper, either.
12. I know the dash is cracked. Don't make it worse.
13. Don't be going through the stuff in my map pocket or my console looking for anything.
14. For that matter, let's try to keep the conversing to a minimum. When I'm driving, I want to be aware of just about every sound and vibration my car makes because I become aware of problems that way, and I don't want to try to shut you up, because it probably won't work. So don't start.
15. No children under 10 that can't keep their hands off of ANYTHING, and NO car seats.
16. My cat and dog (RIP) are the only animals allowed in the car. Other than you and me, of course .
17. Don't be an idiot and yell out the window at someone. This is grounds for leaving your butt wherever I feel like it.
18. There are no grab bars. So, don't grab onto whatever you feel like you need to. Besides, the turn isn't THAT sharp.
19. Don't slam the passenger's side door. My door is the only one allowed to be slammed because that's the only way to shut it.
20. Only I am allowed to open and close the hatch, because you don't know how to close it.
21. I only carry long items if you provide the bungee cord and money for gas.
22. Forgot about no makeup. If you aren't ready by the time I pick you up, then you'll wait until we get there.

I'm sure I'll think of more...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 TA
Engine: TPI 350
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.27's

I learned that i have to let me GF in and out of the car because NOONE but me knows how to close the door correctly...i dont know how its that hard to figure out!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305CID (LB9)
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt, 4.10 gears

I think you mean "no one." "Noone" isn't a word.

Sorry, I went all grammar **** there.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM

Car: 86 iroc-z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700r-4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 lsd

my rules are: no smoking. no dirty shoes or clothes. no smelly people, i have a buddy who almost never showers so i almost never ride with him. oh and you go pay and pump gas not me, cause your lucky your in my car haha 'cept chicks. Then im the lucky one. and no constant texters! keep your phone conversations to a minimum. music volume is not going down if you have a call.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Car: have a 92 camaro rs...in pieces
Engine: none now...probably 383 stroker
Transmission: none yet
Axle/Gears: none

"10 CARMANDMENTS"

1. Thou shall not and will not slam the doors of this here car, if someone does not abide by this rule, he/she will get a sock in the face.. (Not the kind on your feet either).

2. Thou shall not smoke for it is prohibited, unless instructed otherwise by myself.

3. Thou shall not use foul language, unless gandering at/or conversing with the female species.... (EX. Look at that A**, What up B**CH).

4. Thy hands and feet must remain inside the vehicle at all times, unless there is a nearby driver whos a moron or an all around *****, in which case showing him/her the finger out the window is allowed.

5. Thous shall respect the interior, for all passengers are responsible for their own area, if said area is in any way disturbed/defilled, or made/left looking unacceptable in any way... He/she will be forced to clean the entire interior..... (with a toothbrush).

6. Thou shall not use this vehicle on Sundays to fulfill thy sins... Every other day of the week is acceptable... (These sins include but are not limited to... Racing, Driving Intoxicated, Picking up Hookers, etc..).

7. Thou shall submit thyself to a full visual inspection before entering so as to ensure no damage/blemishes will be caused to the interior.

8. Thou shall not touch the radio, for as the only music to be endured is METAL (Consequences consist of bein thrown into a mosh pit).

9. Thou shall not lean on the car, even minor scratches caused will result in compensation for repair.

10. Thou Shall Not Bi**h and Moan About Goin Fast... If You Wanna Drive Slow..... GET AN IMPORT!!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Iroc-Z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I dont have as many rules since my car doesnt look all that nice but
1. Im the only one that can go over 3k rpm ( no one follows it and they say they just had to because they dont know if theyll ever get another chance
2. Dont do anything that could result in a felony, class b misdemeanors are O.K.
3. No hats, they will get us pulled over
4. Dont bitch because theres no A/C cause there wont be none when you're walking either
Old 04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: '89 RS, '89 Iroc
Engine: L03, LB9
Transmission: 700r4, T5
Axle/Gears: 2.73, 3.08

im a little more Lenient than the rest i guess,

#1.dont care about food or drinks(although you do have to had a lid and or cap for the drink) just dont set your drink on the console/dash and expect it to just stay there, and i do carry a towl/rag in the car and interior cleaner in the hatch, so if you spill the drink i have things you can clean it up with

#2. no smoking, i didn't use to care, but now that im putting a ton of work into my car i don't want any burn holes anywhere(my dad drove my car while i was on vacation and i came back to a burn mark on the shift indicator)

#3. do not sit on the hood(especially now since it will be fiberglass in a few weeks), if we are at a "car meet" or chatting with friends in a parking lot, i don't mind you leaning against the SIDE of the car from the quarters to the rear, but do not lean/sit on door's fenders hood or rear bumper/deck lid

#4. the only rap music played in my car is songs my friends and i laugh at(ie. nightmare on my street) other than that it better be any type of Rock/Metal, and some country is ok as well

#5. now only me and my wife drive the car, unless your my friend who i know takes care of their car the right way and would not disrespect mine, if i know you don't respect cars, dont know how to drive a car, or if your just gonna jump in and floor it, im not going to let you drive.

#6 do not write stuff on my car anywhere with your fingers, had a kid write suck it on my hood with his finger and i had to use dish soap to get his grubby finger prints off my car, then spent the rest of the day waxing and buffing the whole car all over again

-----------------------------------

my biggest pet peeve is when i park away from everybody else, and when i come back out there's some beat up old clunker parked next to me, with a million other spots to choose from

and i have to tell you this story, sorry for my long post buuut.

i went to the DMV one day to get my Wife's car registered, when we came back out there was a group of Mexicans(no disrespect to anybody, thats just who the group was made up of) most of them sitting on the curb next to my car, but one of their girlfriends decided she couldn't sit on the curb or she would get dirty so she decides to throw her purse on my hood(it had all the dangling chains attached and her mound of keys laying on my hood) and she was sitting on the t-tops, THE FREAKING T-TOP's, needless to say i laid into her from across the parking lot all the way to my car when she decided to jump off and run and jump into their civic.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Car: '91 Formula (semi-project)
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Posi

You guys forgot a rule that all F-body owners should impose: do not use use the door as leverage to hoist your fat $%& out of the car! That's bad on door hinges, and replacing the hinge pins is not how I like to spend my time. If you really can't get out of the car otherwise, I'll come around and help you out (actually, maybe you guys are on to something with that "no fat chicks" rule).

Other than that and a ban on smoking/drugs/booze, my car is fairly laissez-faire. I'll defer to requests to adjust the music and/or climate control, and if you want to have a coke or something, I don't really care. Farting is generally discouraged unless someone is trapped in the back seat, where there's nowhere to go and no ventilation, because then it's hilarious.

One last thing, not really a rule, but I don't let anyone drive my car unless I know they can drive a stick, and drive it well. Hearing my car's clutch being abused or its gears grinding makes me cringe like a mother hearing the cries of her only child.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: '89 RS, '89 Iroc
Engine: L03, LB9
Transmission: 700r4, T5
Axle/Gears: 2.73, 3.08

Originally Posted by MarionCobretti
You guys forgot a rule that all F-body owners should impose: do not use use the door as leverage to hoist your fat $%& out of the car! That's bad on door hinges, and replacing the hinge pins is not how I like to spend my time. If you really can't get out of the car otherwise, I'll come around and help you out (actually, maybe you guys are on to something with that "no fat chicks" rule).

Other than that and a ban on smoking/drugs/booze, my car is fairly laissez-faire. I'll defer to requests to adjust the music and/or climate control, and if you want to have a coke or something, I don't really care. Farting is generally discouraged unless someone is trapped in the back seat, where there's nowhere to go and no ventilation, because then it's hilarious.

One last thing, not really a rule, but I don't let anyone drive my car unless I know they can drive a stick, and drive it well. Hearing my car's clutch being abused or its gears grinding makes me cringe like a mother hearing the cries of her only child.
Dont use the doors, or the dash pad as a prop i hate when people grab my dash pad to push themselves up
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip

I'm pretty **** about my car... let's see...

1) Be careful with EVERYTHING you touch... Old plastics crack easily... For example: Passenger seatbelt was broken because my brother SHOVED in the buckle as hard as possible, on a crooked angle and snapped have the plastic off... This was a reconditioned brand new rare beige receiver too!!!

2) Don't put hands on dash to "brace yourself" for impact because i'm going fast... You're going to die anyway if we crash at that speed and holding the dash won't save you, it'll just distract me from my driving and probably cause an accident.

3) No eating, drinking (unless water bottles... and only my gf can drink an "iced capuccino" from Tim Horton's because she knows of the grim reaper that is waiting for someone to spill it so she's careful.

4) no dirty shoes in the car... If your shoes are dirty, you either change em or clean the underneath of them

5) nobody but nobody drives my car but me, my dad, and the ONE guy i trust at the garage i bring it to (because they'll fix anything if something happens.. They do full car restorations so im not that worried.. They know their ****.)

6) I don't mind when people change the music/heating, etc... Nobody I know likes music i hate (rap, techno, etc.)

7) asking me for lifts, to drive them places, etc... If i drive the car it's because i want to enjoy it, not because i feel forced to have people in my car...

8) When opening the center console, do not pull it back beyond the point of no return.. (my brother broke that too and i had to fix it)

9) do not lean on the outside of the car... anywhere!

10) DO not SLAM the door!! HAng on the door, touch power window button (my windows are not adjusted properly so it goes lower than the window fuzzy and gets stuck inside the door.... I have to lower the window to a certain point so that it doesn't vibrate and won't get stuck in the door.. Sigh...)

11) Keep feet down, and if you're in the back seat, don't put your feet on the back of the seat!

12) if i leave the car idling to check something around the car, don't get in the driver's seat and rev my engine!!

13) don't **** me off while i'm driving cuz i hate being distracted while in the car

14) don't complain about: the heat, the exhaust smell, the wind, the sun coming through the t-tops or when they're off, how fast im going, you have a headache, you're hungry and you wanna eat (which means in the car), or anything else that will distract me and potentially cause me to make a wrong move while driving my baby.

15) If you are a mechanic, if you step in the car with your greasy boots, my LIGHT BEIGE SADDLE TAN interior carpet will be cleaned by said mechanic or i don't pay for the job they just did. (This has happened before AND they cleaned the WHOLE interior muhahaah!! And touched up some paint around the car too!)

16) Don't do burnouts/squeel tires/rev engine/ or 360's if i happen to let you sit in the driver's seat!

17) Don't try to open the doors and attempt to tear the handle off the car when the door is locked... Especially if im TRYING to unlock it but can't because you are acting like a retard trying to pull theh handle 5 times per second!

18) don't scream at people walking around my car (example: i was downtown ONCE (i rarely go) and i passed the green light but got stopped right in the middle of a crosswalk and the light turned red and there was traffic stopped... So naturally everyone starts walking around my car.. Brushing up on it, tuoching it, etc... I'm already mad about this... One of my idiot friends took it upon him to imitate some annoying girl walking by, so she hears him and bangs on my rear window/heatch panel! I went nuts and FLOORED the gas while holding the brakes to scare her... EVERYONE ran away from the back of my car and what do i see?? Three cops walking slowly towards my car smiling. I miraculously got away with it because i said some b*tch HIT my car and they saw how pissed i was.. I was practically yelling at the cop so he just asked me to calm down and i did and he said do't do it again.. I said no prob, appologized and that was last time i went downtown around that area!)

19) Nobody washes my car but me... My t-tops don't leak but when you shoot water at high pressure at my windows, my interior as well as myself gets soaked!! I wash my car with finesse and lighly spraying the car.. I only wash her 3 times a summer max as too much washing will cause rust and creaks in the body! She never sees rain either and it's always stored before it gets to be below 0 degrees.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: LR4
Axle/Gears: 3.23posi/disc

I agree with most here, but I'll add a couple I didn't see.
1. If I tell you to hold something, hold it or walk!
2. DON'T touch the hatch release! If you do, expect a back-hand from across the car! (cant stand it when people play with it)
3. If we're driving farther than autozone and back, your puttin' gas in!
4. On the off chance that my A/C or heat is on, BOTH middle vents are mine.
5. Don't touch the shifter or e-brake
Old 04-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Car: 88 firebird
Engine: 305 TPI

Even though my car is in more of ... lets say a building a process I still have rules.
1. dont mess with the t-tops unless i say so. Somebody did on my 94 and I didnt know about it until it flew off. Luckliy it survived and nobody hit it.
2. If for some reason there is somebody behind me I dont want to have to move my seat so deal with it.
3. No drunk people! I dont want the smell of old stale beer vomit.
4. No car chalk. Especially on the t-top somebody also did that on the 94 and got it on the rubber where it stayed forever.
5. Dont sit on the front of my car or lean on it.
6. If the t-tops are off please dont stick hands through them just because. Its ok if you flipping the bird to somebody who cuts me off though.
7. If can be avioded nobody eats anything.
8. Please dont bitch about how loud my exhaust is.
9. Please dont bitch about the music choice. I hate rap, country, and pop which I always have to listen to in your car so deal with it.
10. If you are not me, my father, or a mechanic dont worry about trying to drive it, it wont happen most likely.
11. Dont scream or act like we are going to die if I decide to play. I have done this for a while now and havent lost one yet.. also I have most likely done much worse but you werent here.
12. Nobody gets anything on in my car unless its me with a girl no exceptions.
13. Dont complain about how low the car is.
14. No smoking.
15. No pets.
16. No babies or car seats ever.
17. These tires are extremely expensive so no I will not drift around this corner and no I will not be spinning the tires here
18. Use common sense. If you wouldnt do it your car or think its gonna be something to make me angry dont do it.
And yes I know have to complain about noise twice but they always complained so I just wanna stress that.

Last edited by sethteef; 04-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 PM

Car: 1991 camaro Z28
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI with a performance chip
Transmission: 700R4

I agree will almost all of these but must add on the not touching anything.

I know the headliner is soft and indents when you push it doesn't mean you get to leave your hand print in my damn headliner!!!

talking about my ex girlfriends friend when she was bored in the back seat
Old 04-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 5.7 350
Axle/Gears: 3.23

1. Probably number 1 becasue its my biggest pet peeve, DON'T CLOSE THE DOOR BY THE DAMN GLASS. there was a reason that GM put on a door handle, USE IT.
2. i know my car does not have cup holders, you should have thought about that before you bought your drink, so either finish it or pour it out
3. Don't lean on the car, i know the paint looks faded but i don't do it to your car so don't do it to mine.
4. Don't scream out the window, this is grounds for my leaving your butt where ever we happen to be
5. Don't tell me to race the guy next to me at the lights, your riding in my car not driving it
6. No, I'm not going to do a burnout these tires are expensive, you wanna spot me $300?
7. dont grab the dash and/or yank on the armrest handle, if im speeding/swerving and your grabbing the handle to help you it wont matter if we crash your dead anyway
8.complaining about the music or the constant smell of gas or just generally being a PITA, then your from riding with me ever again, you want control over what happens, BUY YOUR OWN CAR
Old 04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Supreme Member

I just realized we 3rd gen owners sure are a rowdy bunch..
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 camaro Sports Coupe
Engine: L31 350
Transmission: 89 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 gov lock

how are we rowdy
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Car: 84 Firebird
Engine: V8 383
Transmission: 700 R4

Yep we sure are rowdy...

Why???

Because the human race is filled with MORONS!!!

Nuff Said!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Supreme Member

Ah I guess i chose rowdy for lack of a better word... What i meant was that I just realized, after reading all these posts (including my own) that we are very possessive, protective, and defensive of ours cars... Which is a good thing, because we just care about our cars that much!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have to many rules as my car is mainly used for shows and pizza/ice cream runs.

I yet to make it all the way home with a banana split in tact.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Car: 91 bird
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: 4 speed automatic
Axle/Gears: factory

no rap and no country are it for me. no smoking without sharing lol
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jj74sd455
no rap and no country are it for me. no smoking without sharing lol
Yes no country is a good rule. Every time I hear that I want to drive off a cliff.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 350TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:27

Well I have a couple rules about my car, a few Im strict on and a few im not.

My one SUPER STRICT rule.
-Dont slam the door! EVERYTIME someone opens the door to get in or out I have to say to be gental because they are so easy to close. When my doors are slammed I have to cringe because it sounds like the glass is breaking inside. My doors are still nice and tight inside and dont rattle I want to keep them this way!

No smoking, no drugs in my car. I had in incident when one of my friends thought it was OK to bring a pill bottle of weed in my car. I set his *** straigh damn quick, was a long walk home for him.

Other than that just really respect my car and well be good. I dont care if you change the radio station, or change the volume, just dontblast it. I dont care if you eat or drink as long as your careful. My car is not an everyday driver so I dont have to worry about these things often.

Another thing that gets me is I noticed that when girls ride in my car all of them have a tendacy to close the door by the glass when exiting.. Guys like to push right above the handle and leave a real nice palm print on my always spotless paint. I know its going to happen, so I dont really say anything. I just make sure to tell them to be gental.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigBadGTA
No smoking, no drugs in my car. I had in incident when one of my friends thought it was OK to bring a pill bottle of weed in my car. I set his *** straigh damn quick, was a long walk home for him.
damn,must be a cop
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro berlinetta
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08 open diff

no smoking, no drugs, no illegal substance of any kind. the car is all ready a cop magnet and i need to keep my licance for my job. i have kicked many out of my car for this. i am also allergic to tabacco smoke and i want to breath in my own damn car you asked me for a ride so deal with it

there is no back seat so your friends will have to find there own way home

other then that i do not care it's a POS and half the buttons do not work so knock your self out with trying them.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: None

1. Smoking anything is not allowed in the car or near it if the windows are down (I can't handle the smell.)
2. Drinks must have a lid and you must hold onto them at all times. You may eat food if it is not "messy" food.
3. Back seats must be covered if pets are going there. Animals must be dry.
4. No sitting on the car. You'll break something.
5. Getting in and out through the window is allowed (and recommended) when the T-tops are off.
6. You MUST slam the door, otherwise it won't be closed all the way.
7. Nothing illegal. Obviously.
8. Go ahead and mess with the radio (If it's currently in the car.) You'll never get a good station unless were stopped though.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 PM

Car: '86 Z28 Aged Yellow
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: 700-RIV
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Seems we all have similar rules..someone should condense all these down and write "Da Camaro Commandments"..

!Not it..
Old 04-11-2010, 01:11 AM

Car: 1991 camaro Z28
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI with a performance chip

Originally Posted by ..Just A Kid
Seems we all have similar rules..someone should condense all these down and write "Da Camaro Commandments"..

!Not it..
agreed, ... not it!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM

Car: '87 Z-28
Engine: LT1-topped 400
Transmission: T56

All of the above, with the addition of
-Don't open the console and go through my stuff, and
-Don't put your crap in my console (unless it's a lady). You have pockets for a reason.
I worked with a guy who, whenever he rode in any of my vehicles, would open the centre console and/or glove box and go through all my stuff for no reason, then put his keys/wallet/cell phone inside and promptly forget about them.

[EDIT] Almost forgot, keep your cell phone conversations short! Nothing annoys me more than having a passenger that babbles on endlessly, and turns down my music because they can't hear their phone.

Last edited by el_muerte; 04-12-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Car: '90 Camaro
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt posi 373

Originally Posted by ATX-Iroc
I dont have as many rules since my car doesnt look all that nice but
1. Im the only one that can go over 3k rpm ( no one follows it and they say they just had to because they dont know if theyll ever get another chance
2. Dont do anything that could result in a felony, class b misdemeanors are O.K.
3. No hats, they will get us pulled over
4. Dont bitch because theres no A/C cause there wont be none when you're walking either
LMBO!!!! I LIKE NUMBER 4!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Car: '85 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: stock BW 5 spd.
Axle/Gears: stock 3.42

1. I DRIVE, PERIOD. -no whining, no arguments, there's 2 people I trust to drive this car, one's me, the other's not you.
2. No you can't "borrow" my car under ANY curcumstances - see rule #1
3. No smoking, - I don't care how far you roll the window down, if I see a
cigarette in your mouth, you'd better be eating it.
4. No food or drinks, unless I say so.
5. Clean up after yourself - find something to put your trash in, don't just crinkle it up & toss it in the floor or out the window.
6. Put on your damn seatbelt.
7. I take out/put in the T-tops - it's not stuck, it's locked.
8.My car, My music, - I don't care if you hate this song/station.
9. Yes, you can change the station,- put on rap/hip hop for more than 1 second & you get back handed.
10. Radio too loud? -see rule #8.
11. I DRIVE, PEROID. - just in case you needed reminded.....
12. I'm not your chauffer - I don't HAVE to drive you anywhere & you WILL pay for gas.
13. Don't dig through my stuff - CD's, glovebox, nothing, unless I ask you to get something.
14. Don't talk $hit about Firebirds or V6's being junk. -you're riding in one stupid!
15. No beer, weed etc.- I hate the smell of beer & I ain't getting busted because you tossed a baggy of reefer under MY seat.
16. Don't nitpick things or ask me dumb questions about my car.
17. No sitting or leaning on any part of my car. -sit on the ground, not on my fender.

those are the only ones I can think of right now.....

Last edited by maroon85; 05-03-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Car: 86 IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4 3000stall
Axle/Gears: 3.27

im very lienient about my iroc
1. no, ABSOLUTLY NO, smoking allowed.
2. (been said before but ohwell) dont complain about not having a/c, my cars older then you are(mostly), when i found out my a/c didnt work i got excited. no bad feelings about removing the compressor and freeing up HP and weight.
3. as long as its not messy food, its ok.

now then this will be a bit long but i feel this story is well worth adding.

I stopped at walmart one day for like ten mins. i felt to the need to fill the spot next to a yellow GT mustang and walked inside. when i came out there were 4 guys, 3 leaning on the mustang and one next to(not leaning on) my Iroc. i was staring as i was walking down the ally and he noticed.
"you like my car?" he asked
"what? the mustang?" i responded
"no the camaro." he said
at this point i somehow managed to keep from laughing in his face and decided to see what i could get him to do.
so i was like yea its a pretty nice camaro, and i asked what year it was. he kinda floundered and looked at the car and said it was an 89. CLOSE but no cigar (its an 86) so i was like well thats cool. but this is where it gets kinda unbelievable. so i asked him if i could sit in it, he kinda looked around then said "yea sure go ahead"............ i couldnt belive the nerve of this guy. so possibly a little red faced i got in the car as he opened the door for me. i sat in it for about a min and you could tell he was getting ansy, so i was like "yea this is a really cool car, would you mind letting me start it and see what it sounds like?" fairly coolly he said he wasnt going to give me the keys because i was someone he doesnt know and didnt want me running off with his car.

this is where it got really good. i bothered him about giving me the keys again and got roughly the same answer, so i said "well thats really too bad i cant start it" as i reached in my pocket grabbed my keys and fired it up. his face turned bright red and he was speechless, with the stupid look he got on his face i couldnt be mad at the guy and i think he learned his lesson without me having to say anything. so i simply smiled put it in gear and drove away. i dont think i will ever forget that.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 PM

sounds like BS to me, still funny though.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Car: 86 IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4 3000stall
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by maroon85
sounds like BS to me, still funny though.
no lie, happened last summer. you never know what someone may do when they dont know any better.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM

i'm just saying that part about him letting you sit in "his" car.... seems unlikely. but like you said, some people don't know any better, or just don't care.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Supreme Member

You left your door open?? If anything, that should be a good lesson to you man! Never leave your door unlocked, people will take stuff, play with stuff, break stuff, and all for the sake of having fun on someone else's dime..
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by 86IROCracer89
im very lienient about my iroc
1. no, ABSOLUTLY NO, smoking allowed.
2. (been said before but ohwell) dont complain about not having a/c, my cars older then you are(mostly), when i found out my a/c didnt work i got excited. no bad feelings about removing the compressor and freeing up HP and weight.
3. as long as its not messy food, its ok.

now then this will be a bit long but i feel this story is well worth adding.

I stopped at walmart one day for like ten mins. i felt to the need to fill the spot next to a yellow GT mustang and walked inside. when i came out there were 4 guys, 3 leaning on the mustang and one next to(not leaning on) my Iroc. i was staring as i was walking down the ally and he noticed.
"you like my car?" he asked
"what? the mustang?" i responded
"no the camaro." he said
at this point i somehow managed to keep from laughing in his face and decided to see what i could get him to do.
so i was like yea its a pretty nice camaro, and i asked what year it was. he kinda floundered and looked at the car and said it was an 89. CLOSE but no cigar (its an 86) so i was like well thats cool. but this is where it gets kinda unbelievable. so i asked him if i could sit in it, he kinda looked around then said "yea sure go ahead"............ i couldnt belive the nerve of this guy. so possibly a little red faced i got in the car as he opened the door for me. i sat in it for about a min and you could tell he was getting ansy, so i was like "yea this is a really cool car, would you mind letting me start it and see what it sounds like?" fairly coolly he said he wasnt going to give me the keys because i was someone he doesnt know and didnt want me running off with his car.

this is where it got really good. i bothered him about giving me the keys again and got roughly the same answer, so i said "well thats really too bad i cant start it" as i reached in my pocket grabbed my keys and fired it up. his face turned bright red and he was speechless, with the stupid look he got on his face i couldnt be mad at the guy and i think he learned his lesson without me having to say anything. so i simply smiled put it in gear and drove away. i dont think i will ever forget that.
)))

Now that is what I call Friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM

Car: 1987 Iroc Z28/ 1982 Z28
Engine: 355 TPI IP/ 305 CFI
Transmission: T-56/ 300C
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open/ 3.73 Posi

Here are my rules, failure to follow them will result in removal and a perma-ban from my automobile.

1) This is MY car, not a damn public bathroom, treat it as such,
2) No leaning on any part of the vehicle at any time
3) No sitting on any part of the car at any time
4) No food or drink or smoking inside or on the car at any time, there's no cup holders or a table in the car for a reason
5) Take your garbage with you
6) If you feel the need to puke, then alert me, cover your mouth, and walk 20 feet away at a MINIMUM, and clean yourself up prior to returning to the seated position
7) no animals except MY dog at any time.
8) Do not touch any controls at anytime, this includes the windows, HVAC and Radio
9) No sex in my back seat (this rule stems back to some friends getting it on in my back seat of my cadillac while I was driving, a swift kick to the brake pedal on the highway changed that)
10) No one drives this car but me. Do not ask... period
11) No Bitching about my driving, this includes speed and cornering.
12) Always wear a seat belt at all times.
13) Do not touch any interior parts on the vehicle Except the door handles and the seatbelt
14) Do not EVER start the vehicle or move it without permission.
15) When opening the door, do NOT allow your nails to scratch the painted area behind the door handle
16) When closing the door from the inside, always use the door pull, NOT the window ledge
17) When closing the door from the outside, use the ouward face of the door handle.
18) Do NOT slam any door on the vehicle
20) If being provided a ride at your own personal request, pay for gas
21) Do not scream out of the window
22) Do not stomp your feet on the side of the ground effect
23) Stomp your feet prior to entry
24) Respect my vehicle as if it were your own vehicle that you dropped 6 grand on restoring.
25) These rules are subject to change at any given time, why? Because it's MY G0D DAMN CAR!

Last edited by Chevy8588; 04-13-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '89 IROC-Z
Engine: 355
Transmission: 700r4 edge 3000 stall
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.73

no smoking
no food or drink
no dirty clothes/shoes
dont touch radio
no sideseat driving
no fingerprints on the glass
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 PM

Car: 1987 IROC
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by TPI-RS
I will agree with everyone else so far. To add a couple to the list...

1: Don't slam the door / hood / hatch
2: Don't touch the paint to close the door

Possibly the most important and my biggest pet peeve..
3: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT KICK THE ROCKERS TO CLEAN YOUR SHOES!!!!!

Radio doesn't bother me too much, as long as it is good music.
DITTO!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:33 AM

Car: 1992 Z28 Coupe
Engine: LB9

Reading all of this makes me wonder why the F some of you haven't just bannned passengers altogether or removed all seating other than a driver's seat.

I totally understand though. I see feet on dash a lot. What kind of friend puts feet on dash?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 AM

Car: 1987 Iroc Z28/ 1982 Z28
Engine: 355 TPI IP/ 305 CFI
Transmission: T-56/ 300C
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open/ 3.73 Posi

a friend who I would punch in the face
Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Lots of 'em

Wow.. You guys are strict about these rules. I guess I'll actually list some of my car rules.

1. No smoking.
2. No alcoholic beverages.
3. No complaining about my m u ll e t mobile, and asking me why I didn't just buy a Mustang.
4. I may have crappy chipped paint, but please, do not lean all over it and scratch it anymore.
5. Absolutely nothing illegal in my car. I have no criminal record, and I'm keeping it that way.
6. Drinks? I don't care. Just keep a lid on it, and don't leave bottles in my car.
7. Food? Wait until you're home, you pig! LOL. I couldn't resist.

That's basically it, since I have no radio, no heat or A/C, basically nothing to mess with. And, no one can really have anything illegal in my car. I took out the console, there's absolutely no place to put anything.

I've seen that done too many times. Friends cruising around, cops are close by, and the passenger may hide drugs and/or any type of paraphernalia inside the car.

Eventually, my interior is going to consist of black powder coated sheets of aluminum, bolted on to where the interior panels would normally go. Basically the interior of a NASCAR stock car. Sure beats the price of a new stock interior, and will probably look better than flimsy plastic and carpet interior panels.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: Supercharged 6.0
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 3.73

Wow you guys are harsh

The only people that ride with me are close friends or family so most anything goes that would go for their car

No smoking though and no pets. I wouldnt care except they leave a ton of residue thats tough to clean out completely and I hate having smells in the car

Messes happen, its a fact of life. Clean it up when you get home and move on. A dropped french fry isnt the end of the world and Im sure wont be the worst that has happened to the car

Commenting on my driving is usually an invitation to scare the living crap out of you though...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM

Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4

no smoke, drink, food, i had a 95 dodge and my brother would eat and drink and just throw his trash in the back, pissed me off so bad, he did it once in the car and leaked the excess soda all over my back seat and floor. ruined it for everyone.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

I'm thinking about keeping the back seats out so I don't have to give rides, or deal with messes. Oops sorry nope I can't give you a ride there is just enough room for the wife and I!!!

And no I can't drop her off and come back in get you..

Better get walking!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Car: 89 firebird rs
Engine: 2.8

IM LOVING IT!!! I love all these rules, i am considering most of them now

Old 04-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't knee the corner of my dashpad when getting in. Mine is perfect.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 AM

Car: 1989 iroc-z
Engine: mildly built TPI 350
Transmission: 97 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi

1. no one drives it except myself and my father
2. no one sits on the trunk unless i deem it ok
3. changing the radio is ok unless i have voiced my enjoyment of the current song
4. if i say to change the station, change the station.
5. if you allow lady gaga to be played longer than it takes to realize its lady gaga, you earn a punch to the face.
6. do not mention the ratty interior more than once.
7. if you mention and believe in global warming, i drop it two gears and continue for the next mile.
8. i dont care how much you ask, i will not take the drive thru.
9. dont move my seat.
10. no smoking.
11. if you try to tell me mustangs are superior to camaros i will pull the car over and lecture you for 5 minutes.
12. do NOT diss camaros, corvettes, or batman.
13. dont tell me there is something wrong with my car. i already know.
14. dont play with anything attached to the car.
15. no throwing firecrackers at my feet.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 AM

Car: TOO MANY
Engine: 350 TPI / 350 TBI/6.0L VORTEC
Transmission: T5/AUTO/AUTO

i keep it simple don't touch the radio and about my speed
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Almo the Pirate
12. do NOT diss camaros, corvettes, or batman.
i would definitely have a problem with the bass boat part,i have no respect for them,camaros are ok, and batman is cool.

Quick Reply: Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?