Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 RS
Engine: a slow one
Transmission: a crunchy one
Axle/Gears: a whiny one
Re: Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?

No smoking, eating, drinking, stinking, being dirty, or breathing bad breath
Feet stay on mats
Do not touch the outside of the car unless your name is rain or sunshine. Also, any sarcastic people with these names attempting to touch the vehicle will be shot, along with their hippie parents.
Besides me, only my son may drive it, and only to my funeral, which will have a mapped route of smooth, unsalted roads, directly into the parking spot in my grave.

Also, being someone who is getting his ASE cert's, I have to say that graduating from UTI or Wyotech is never considered certified. This industry doesn't care about your school, only your experience. Save your money and don't bother with UTI or Wyo, and go make some money as a bottom level shop guy doing what you want to do.

And Tupac was not on Death Row until 1995 (because Suge bailed him out of jail when he was flat broke from lawyers fees) but he had been making and releasing popular music since 1991 with Digital Underground, which makes it a totally viable option in these cars depending on your cars year and your personal history. So leave him, me, and our Tupac CD's alone. Although I must admit... Something about driving the Camaro makes me want to listen to Metallica more often than usual. LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z (work in progress)
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 speed manual (T56 in future)
Axle/Gears: 3.08 (3.73 or 4.10 in the future)

Originally Posted by Dizturbed One

Also, being someone who is getting his ASE cert's, I have to say that graduating from UTI or Wyotech is never considered certified. This industry doesn't care about your school, only your experience. Save your money and don't bother with UTI or Wyo, and go make some money as a bottom level shop guy doing what you want to do.
The only argument I have for that is the fact that I tried that method and nobody would even look at me around here. Granted, I have almost no civilian job history (with the exception of doing construction 4 or 5 years ago) and all I have is military experience, which most civilian employers I've talked to could care less about. We veterans sacrifice a lot when we're on active duty. We can't continue our education very quickly and we aren't building the civilian job history that most employers look so heavily at. Coming off active duty I was way behind the 8 ball and still haven't been able to catch up cause nobody will hire someone with no real civilian job history and not enough education (since I was off serving my country).

Sorry bout the rant but I had to say that. I want to get into that career field but the door seems to be slammed shut for me right now.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 AM

The industry is doing so bad they won't risk hiring new people, huge liability. I got into transmissions because the money is there, most won't mess with it. But hey, doing a "simple" trans service on a newer FWD Nissan car is a 45 minute job if you're GOOD. You're dropping half of the front subframe. Pulling a trans from any FWD in an hour, like say a Focus, Neon, Hyundai, Kia, etc... and installing it in two hours, with a 99.9% success rate (success as in no problems now and no return later)... It's not possible to fake experience doing that. They don't want to watch you figure it out in 6 hours your first time, and they don't want to pay much either, lol. We don't even see easy RWD jobs that I learned on anymore. People do them at home, except warped valve bodies on Ford's and burnt electronics in Dodges cause they can't figure it out. I know so many unemployed Wyotech graduates... It's really not funny. It feels like you might as well try and be an astronaut.

IT'S ROUGH all over except at foreign dealerships shops. If you're foreign you're good.

Which brings me back to the original topic of this thread:

Thou shalt not speaketh acclaim of the ***** while under my t-topeths
Old 08-01-2010, 02:35 AM

wow, ric3r is blocked, that is awesome, LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 PM

i have many rules but my main one is if the t-tops are off, your top is off too ;]
(only chick got to fallow that rule.)
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 4.11

Originally Posted by campin1983
1) No smoking
2) All drinks must have lids/caps
3) Music is chosen at my discretion
4) If someone else is driving, they can only move the seat forward/back. No adjusting the angle/height/etc.
5) Please, please, please wipe the snow/mud/debris off your feet before boarding!
Mine is close to yours.

1) If you smoke, your cig holding hand is out the window 100% of the time, and you drop the butt out the window or hold it till we stop.
2) All drinks must have lids/caps
3) No rap\hip-hop unless it's old and funny (think "I Like Big Butts"). If it's country it's only the upbeat fun kind, not the crying and Jesus kind.

But #3 isn't just a car rule, that's a rule for being around me period.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Stock 9bolt posi

i just spent a while making everyones best rules into 1. enjoy.

0) Put on your seatbelt.
1) No smoking in, on, near, or around the car at any time unless you ask first and I say you can. You have to share if I let you smoke in my car. Chewing tobacco is also not allowed in the car.
2) No food or drinks. Sealed beverage containers are OK, so long as they are clean.
3) There are two people allowed to drive my car. 1 is me, the other is not you.
4) No feet on the dash.
5) Do not roll windows up or down. Only I get to do that. Do not mess with the power mirrors.
6) No leaning against my car.
7) No sitting on my car.
8) No pets in my car.
9) No cargo that will scrape up my plastics/rip interior
10) No muddy/dirty/wet shoes/clothing in the car
11) Don't touch any of the controls aside from letting yourself out when we get where we are going and operating the seat belt.
12) No children.
13) Do not lean on the door as leverage to get your fat *** out of the car. I can help you.
14) Do NOT slam the doors when entering or exiting the vehicle. Do not fling the door open so it bounces on the hinges and comes back.
15) No crappy drum solos to music on any surface within the vehicle at any time.
16) Don't leave your crap in my car. This includes receipts, bags, anything that you thought I wouldn’t mind throwing away for you when I decide to get out.
17) Always return sun-visors to their upright position when exiting the vehicle.
18) Do not leave the seat belt twisted. Straighten the damn thing out when you take it off.
19) Do not just let go of the seat belt and allow it to slam into random parts of the interior when you get out.
20) Never, under any circumstances mess with the T-Top release lever.
21) Do not draw on, touch, or smear my windows.
22) Do not leave bodily fluids inside my vehicle. This includes your snot, vomit, spit, or "other" fluids.
23) No yelling out of the car, unless it is a hot chick. No exceptions.

24) You do not invite your friends to ride in my car with you, or instead of you at any point, for any reason.
25) You may not volunteer me to give rides to anyone.
26) I like to park far away from other human beings and their cars. You are not allowed to bitch about the walking distance when I do this.
27) Passengers are not allowed to bitch about my driving.
28) Passengers may not bring anything illegal into the vehicle at any point, for any reason.
29) No fat chicks.
30) I will not modify any vehicle rule at any time for any reason, so do not ask me to. You are wasting your time trying.
31) No rule applies to me unless I wish it to. (Which 95% of the time I follow these rules without exception.)

32) Do not touch the radio, change my station, or cd, unless you ask first or I tell you you can.
33. No singing, humming, or whistling. Unless I say you can.
34) Do not bitch about who sat in the passenger seat last. It wasn’t me, I don’t give a ****.
35) YOU are the cup holder.
36) Do not bitch about the radio being too loud.
37) No saying other cars will beat mine.
38) make sure the buckle is not in the door when you close it.
39) I know that my check engine light is on. Thanks.
40) Only I am allowed to open and close the hatch, because you don't know how to close it.
41) Do not bitch about the A/C. There is none, I will not tell you this.
42) Do not grab the dash to "brace yourself" for impact because i'm going fast... You're going to die anyway if we crash at that speed and holding the dash won't save you, it'll just distract me from my driving and probably cause an accident.
43) Don't try to open the doors and attempt to tear the handle off the car when the door is locked... Especially if im TRYING to unlock it but can't because you are acting like a retard trying to pull theh handle 5 times per second!
44) Do not touch/pull on the shifter/emergency brake.
45) I still don’t know what will happen if you chalk my car.
46) These tires are extremely expensive so no I will not drift around this corner and no I will not be spinning the tires here
47) Don’t complain about how low the car is.
48) I know the headliner is soft and indents when you push it doesn't mean you get to leave your hand print in my damn headliner!!!
49) No long phone conversations. I am driving my car, the radio is down for you to say, can I call you back?
50) If you mention and believe in global warming, i drop it two gears and continue until I see fit.
51) Do NOT diss camaros, corvettes, or batman.
52) i dont care how much you ask, i will not take the drive thru.
53) No complaining or asking me to race.
54) Start **** with people outside and your gonna walk home and get your assed kicked by whoever you talked **** to.
55) Don’t bitch about being in the back seat.
56) If you wanted to put on make-up...you should've done it at home, NOT in the car.
57) Sit back and shut up while im racing, UNLESS you see cops.(I will allow one false alarm, unless it costs me that current race)

Be polite to my car..... you call my car junk 1 ****ing time, and your never gonna sit in it ever again you son of a bitch.

And a story about eating in my car. we stopped at taco bell to go to the weekly car show. after we got our delicious food, some guy, who was driving a car that he did not own, his license was suspended, and he was currently living at a half way house hit my trans am. My dad, eating his taco bell, lifted himself up out of the t-tops and threw his burrito, hitting the guy in the face. he pulled over at the next light, me and my dad and cousin jumped out of the car, ready to beat the guys ***. not major damage, the car needed paint and body work anyway, but still. I called the cops, told them what happened. They got a hold of the guy who hit my car. The cop called me back and let me know what was going on, and he asked "What was the other guy saying about a burrito?" So it was a funny story and the guy did get driving after suspension, hit and run and probation out of it. but now every time i drive i have ammo = 6" long pieces of 3/4" thick rebar.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 AM

did anyone forget the * dont sit in my headlight pockets?* omg i hate that
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Car: 1991 chevy rs camaro
Engine: 350 tpi 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373

This might sound weird to you all but ill tell u any ways.
1) Only my family is allowed to drive my car. (dad mom brothers and my gf)
2) Only re-seal able drinks are allowed.
3) Only my dogs are allowed in my car.
4) Do not touch my radio unless i say its ok or unless its my gf.
5) Try to keep your shoes clean but there are certain times that ill understand if they are not clean.
6) Do not slam my door. I dont care if your mad or not.
7) Only my GF and Parents are allowed to say anything about my driving
8) No eating food in my car
9) Only certain people are allowed to smoke in my car.
10) DO NOT place anything on my dash (THIS INCLUDES YOUR HANDS!!!!!!)
11) Try not to damage my car.
12) Only i decide who i will give a ride and who i wont.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by 92rsdan
did anyone forget the * dont sit in my headlight pockets?* omg i hate that
I have a firebird so I don't have the headlight pockets, but this is a good rule for camaro owners. All I know, if someone were to sit on my car, let alone the pop up lights, Im gonna beat the **** out of them. those lights took a couple hours to adjust to the factory light
Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

I forgot about this one, as well as others.

My wife actually yelled back at me for this one when I yelled at her, "WHY DID YOU SLAM THE HATCH GLASS DOWN!!!!!!" Im not yelling at anyone here in the board but I did yell at my wife. She had no idea how expensive it is to repair the pull down motor assembly. But that should be at our top 3 Do Not list. What do you guys think?
Old 08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 97 LT1 W/ Alot of goodies.
Transmission: 4L60E W/ Yank SS3600
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 Bolt BW

Its expensive to repair it?

Wow I just checked ebay, god damm. I have 3 of em in my bucket of crap since my Cam had 3 of em in the spare tire area.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Carlos773

Wow I just checked ebay, god damm. I have 3 of em in my bucket of crap since my Cam had 3 of em in the spare tire area.
Parts are not to pricey if you can afford it. I get paid $8.50 an hour and i got a family so for me, it's a bit pricey. Now if you buy the whole pull down motor assembly, reconditioned or rebuilt, then your looking well over $100 depending on the seller.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Supreme Member

You didnt know that they where expensive? Now you got ur self over $300 if u sell em. Dolla Dolla Bill Yall!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Supreme Member

O trust me, to me everything is pricey, I have been infected by Junkyard prices. I can understand where you are coming from, I worked last year for $9.50 an hour to save up some change for school or what ever I decide to do soon.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z
You didnt know that they where expensive? Now you got ur self over $300 if u sell em. Dolla Dolla Bill Yall!
To be honest? No idea. I was told by my father the previous owner messed with it and it would not lock for him, So he went out and got every assembly he could from a yard and tried all of em to no avail, and thats how he gave the car to my father and then my father saw that it needed to be moved up slightly or else it wont lock.

I will see about selling them I hate shipping things and probably will just keep em on craigs if I do. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Supreme Member

To be honest? No idea. I was told by my father the previous owner messed with it and it would not lock for him, So he went out and got every assembly he could from a yard and tried all of em to no avail, and thats how he gave the car to my father and then my father saw that it needed to be moved up slightly or else it wont lock.

I will see about selling them I hate shipping things and probably will just keep em on craigs if I do. Thanks for the heads up!
Any time carnal.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:49 PM

I had an issue with my motor lastnight, thought it was gone. It was in the open position, and would not operate when I laid the hatch on it. I checked the wires, tested the relay and played with it for about an hour, cussing the whole time. this was at 11:30 pm, so I had to get it fixed, or closed somehow. I finally ended up pushing a screwdriver in the slot and it magically started operating again. schewwwww...... close call here. I think I am going to replace it anyway, just to be safe. I am about to have some HIGH-DOLLAR items in there and don't want this issue!!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM

Car: 1990 RS
Engine: Mild 396 Smallblock
Transmission: TCI Streetfighter turbo 350
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt Strange Posi

No drunk chicks, they puke on consoles, ask me how I know.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Lots of 'em

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z
But that should be at our top 3 Do Not list. What do you guys think?
I guess I'll never know. I've owned my IROC for over two years now, and my hatch pull-down motor has never worked. When I plug it back in, it won't shut off for some reason. Not a big deal to me, as I don't open it often, so I slam it every time.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Lots of 'em

Originally Posted by chevyboy
No drunk chicks, they puke on consoles, ask me how I know.
So, what you're saying is, no drunk chicks, but you'll allow drunk guys?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:30 AM

Car: 1989 Formula -1986 T/A
Engine: 305 V8 FI- HO350 V8 carb
Transmission: 5 speed manual- Automatic
Axle/Gears: stock - unsure

1: No one drives my car but me, my dad, and my ONE mechanic tony.
2: No leaning, touching of my paint!
3: Don't slam doors(window motors are not nice to replace) and no letting door swing freely open
4: no Standing or banging feet on my spoiler panels
5: no food, drink, or smoking except bottled water
6: no pets what-so-ever
7:No touching of my radio
8on't leave your crap in my car
9: no putting on makeup in my car, including myself
10:there will be no dirt in my car, including salt, snow, or mud
11: no drunk ppl
12: If you're sick, do NOT shove ur nasty snotty tissues between my seats!
13: If you're a guy, don't scream like a girl when i drive alot faster then i probably should be around corners and double-clutchin'
14: No hair spray, gel, or anything of the like in my car
15: I park away from everyone, and across 2 spots. Don't like the walk, then you're not coming. At work, i even put the cover over it. NO laughing!
16: don't invite your friends to ride in MY car, no one rides in my backseat out of sight!
17: No yelling out my windows at ppl on the street
18: As said by others, no pointing at other cars saying they could dust me. I take it as a challenge to prove you wrong and could possibly result in loss of your lunch =)
19: no cargo that will damage my interior
20: only "I" put the gas nozzle in my car, even at full service places
Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Last edited by '87IROCZOWNER69; 08-14-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: found one that has more of my rules
Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck
i just spent a while making everyones best rules into 1. enjoy.

0) Put on your seatbelt.
1) No smoking in, on, near, or around the car at any time unless you ask first and I say you can. You have to share if I let you smoke in my car. Chewing tobacco is also not allowed in the car.
2) No food or drinks. Sealed beverage containers are OK, so long as they are clean.
3) There are two people allowed to drive my car. 1 is me, the other is not you.
4) No feet on the dash.
5) Do not roll windows up or down. Only I get to do that. Do not mess with the power mirrors.
6) No leaning against my car.
7) No sitting on my car.
8) No pets in my car.
9) No cargo that will scrape up my plastics/rip interior
10) No muddy/dirty/wet shoes/clothing in the car
11) Don't touch any of the controls aside from letting yourself out when we get where we are going and operating the seat belt.
12) No children.
13) Do not lean on the door as leverage to get your fat *** out of the car. I can help you.
14) Do NOT slam the doors when entering or exiting the vehicle. Do not fling the door open so it bounces on the hinges and comes back.
15) No crappy drum solos to music on any surface within the vehicle at any time.
16) Don't leave your crap in my car. This includes receipts, bags, anything that you thought I wouldn’t mind throwing away for you when I decide to get out.
17) Always return sun-visors to their upright position when exiting the vehicle.
18) Do not leave the seat belt twisted. Straighten the damn thing out when you take it off.
19) Do not just let go of the seat belt and allow it to slam into random parts of the interior when you get out.
20) Never, under any circumstances mess with the T-Top release lever.
21) Do not draw on, touch, or smear my windows.
22) Do not leave bodily fluids inside my vehicle. This includes your snot, vomit, spit, or "other" fluids.
23) No yelling out of the car, unless it is a hot chick. No exceptions.
24) You do not invite your friends to ride in my car with you, or instead of you at any point, for any reason.
25) You may not volunteer me to give rides to anyone.
26) I like to park far away from other human beings and their cars. You are not allowed to bitch about the walking distance when I do this.
27) Passengers are not allowed to bitch about my driving.
28) Passengers may not bring anything illegal into the vehicle at any point, for any reason.
29) No fat chicks.
30) I will not modify any vehicle rule at any time for any reason, so do not ask me to. You are wasting your time trying.
31) No rule applies to me unless I wish it to. (Which 95% of the time I follow these rules without exception.)
32) Do not touch the radio, change my station, or cd, unless you ask first or I tell you you can.
33. No singing, humming, or whistling. Unless I say you can.
34) Do not bitch about who sat in the passenger seat last. It wasn’t me, I don’t give a ****.
35) YOU are the cup holder.
36) Do not bitch about the radio being too loud.
37) No saying other cars will beat mine.
38) make sure the buckle is not in the door when you close it.
39) I know that my check engine light is on. Thanks.
40) Only I am allowed to open and close the hatch, because you don't know how to close it.
41) Do not bitch about the A/C. There is none, I will not tell you this.
42) Do not grab the dash to "brace yourself" for impact because i'm going fast... You're going to die anyway if we crash at that speed and holding the dash won't save you, it'll just distract me from my driving and probably cause an accident.
43) Don't try to open the doors and attempt to tear the handle off the car when the door is locked... Especially if im TRYING to unlock it but can't because you are acting like a retard trying to pull theh handle 5 times per second!
44) Do not touch/pull on the shifter/emergency brake.
45) I still don’t know what will happen if you chalk my car.
46) These tires are extremely expensive so no I will not drift around this corner and no I will not be spinning the tires here
47) Don’t complain about how low the car is.
48) I know the headliner is soft and indents when you push it doesn't mean you get to leave your hand print in my damn headliner!!!
49) No long phone conversations. I am driving my car, the radio is down for you to say, can I call you back?
50) If you mention and believe in global warming, i drop it two gears and continue until I see fit.
51) Do NOT diss camaros, corvettes, or batman.
52) i dont care how much you ask, i will not take the drive thru.
53) No complaining or asking me to race.
54) Start **** with people outside and your gonna walk home and get your assed kicked by whoever you talked **** to.
55) Don’t bitch about being in the back seat.
56) If you wanted to put on make-up...you should've done it at home, NOT in the car.
57) Sit back and shut up while im racing, UNLESS you see cops.(I will allow one false alarm, unless it costs me that current race)

Be polite to my car..... you call my car junk 1 ****ing time, and your never gonna sit in it ever again you son of a bitch.

And a story about eating in my car. we stopped at taco bell to go to the weekly car show. after we got our delicious food, some guy, who was driving a car that he did not own, his license was suspended, and he was currently living at a half way house hit my trans am. My dad, eating his taco bell, lifted himself up out of the t-tops and threw his burrito, hitting the guy in the face. he pulled over at the next light, me and my dad and cousin jumped out of the car, ready to beat the guys ***. not major damage, the car needed paint and body work anyway, but still. I called the cops, told them what happened. They got a hold of the guy who hit my car. The cop called me back and let me know what was going on, and he asked "What was the other guy saying about a burrito?" So it was a funny story and the guy did get driving after suspension, hit and run and probation out of it. but now every time i drive i have ammo = 6" long pieces of 3/4" thick rebar.

I hold all the same rules and expect people to follow them or they get kicked out on the spot. Funny story I would do the same thing.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM

subscribe!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: ewww...the 3.1L
Transmission: Not sure. It shifts quite hard.
Axle/Gears: 3.23 8.75" 10 bolt

I agree with the no slamming the hatch idea. I used to because the one I had in the car was welded. I have it adjusted right and now it shuts sooo easy. all you have to do is let the weight of the hatch sit on the latch, and it closes. Aligning one that good can get to be a PITA. So please, do not slam the hatch.

And no...under no circumstances do you sit in the headlight buckets. I dont know when it happened, but someone shot one of my headlights with a BB gun. They suck to replace and I have an extensive anglo-saxon set of words to describe it. Some people should just be from the presence of third gen's, period.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Car: 1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7L v8 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.27

1.)NO CHILDREN ALOUD! (Little kid fingers especially) there all sticky
2.)Don't mess with my tunes especially when blasting Ac/Dc god i had that happen a lot
3.)No food or drinks (water is acceptable)
4.)No abusing anything that's how things fall apart BE GENTLE
5.)No dirty shoes and dirty clothes
6.)Don't smell like crap
7.)Don't nag at me while I'm driving
8.)don't scream out my windows or throw things
9.)stay chill don't move around and be all fussy or I'm kicking you out
10.) Noone is to drive my car without my permission
11.) Unless your a gorgeous Female all rules above are override (To a limit of course)
Old 08-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Trans am, 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 355 Sbc, nothin yet
Transmission: 700r4- both

stay the hell away from it... unless instructed to do otherwise.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: lb9 305 tpi
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: Posi-rear,3.27 9 bolt Borg Warner

Do not slam the doors, my friend did this and i never allowed him in the car for as long as he was here. That pisses me off more than anything else.
Don't bring dirty shoes in the car
Don't pull the seat belt strap too tight
Do not eat or drink anything in the car
Do not smoke in the car
Don't touch my radio or the equailizer
I never drive excuse my language... bitches or ******. Only very few people are allowed in my car. Only other person allowed to drive my car is my dad.
I'm a psychopath when it comes to my car.

Last edited by GreekItalianMan; 08-30-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Car: 1992 camaro rs
Engine: 305ci v8
Axle/Gears: stock

Haha. I have contracts that I make people sign before riding with me that list these rules.

1.) NO SMOKING WITHIN 10 FEET OF MY CAR EVER!!!
2.) No food. Ever. Period. I don't give a ****. Unless your diabetic, in which case I have granola bars.
3.) You use my t top release handle as an oh **** handle, I will get on the interstate, get the car up to 100, and throw you out. And no, I won't make sure there aren't cars coming.
4.) Only I can lean on the car. You lean, you get punched in the kidney.
5.) Slam the door, and ill slam your hand in it.
6.) Touch my effing stereo, and your out. I don't care if its the president calling you, you ask me to turn it down, and ill give you ten seconds.
7.) I get it. I drive a gas guzzler. If I wanted fuel efficiency, id have gotten a prius.
8.) The three buttons in the center are there because I steer with my left hand, not for you to touch.
9.) The arm rest is there for me, not you. Suck it.
10.) Unless its a cop, you don't yell or point.
11.) Despite what you may think, the anniversary badge on my dash is not a toy for you to try to take off my car.
12.) The seats are set for optimum angle and leg room for me. People in the back, shut up and be glad let you in. Passenger, you touch my seat controls over there, your gone.
13.) You are not to speak of ford mustanks or anything from japan in a positive way.
14.) I am not a free cab. If I'm giving you a ride, I expect compensation.
15.) There are plastic bags in the trunk. If your shoes are dirty, wrap that ****. Thank you.
16.) No, you can't drive. Not even if I'm drunk. Why? Because if we're out and I'M the one drunk, that means your smashed. And no, even if I'm sick I'm still driving. The exceptions are my parents, and when it happens the person I fall in love with. Only them.
17.) I reserve the right to hit anyone in my car for their stupidity at anytime. Retaliation is strictly forbidden.
18.) You cannot give up an offered seat to someone else, unless I agree.
19.) Dissing me, my car, or my family in my car results with you on the street corner.
20.) Unless your SMOKING HOT you must be fully dressed and wearing shoes. If no shoes, I will make you tie the plastic bags around your feet.
21.) You ask me to drift, peel out, or go faster, and I will purposely drive like a granny. I have a lead foot, if I'm not going fast there's a reason.
22.) You prank my car, I will castrate you. If your a girl, ill come up with a similar punishment.
23.) You smell bad, I'm not letting you in.
24.) For every piece of trash you leave in my car, I expect $5. And a bottle of meguiars cleaning product of my pick.
25.) Don't act all bad *** around girls cuz you in my ride. Its just that. MY ride. Your the punkass who gets to ride bitch.
26.) The only junk my car transports is mine. Unless I'm giving you a ride to/from school or a sporting event.
27.) I follow my rules too. However, I reserve the right to revoke any and every rule on a situatuional basis. Except the smoking one.
28.) I won't change a rule or revoke one just cuz you don't feel like it. Get over yourself, shut up, or get out.
29.) Its my way, or the highway. Litterally. (See rule #3)
30.) No rough housing in my car or within range of her.
31.) I know this city like the back of my hand. If I say I'm not driving to a certain spot its because of potholes, giant *** speedbumps, shady locals, or speedtraps/cops. So you can walk to/from a point I find appropriate if I'm picking you up, or dropping you off. Either way.

That's about it. If people don't sign the contract they don't ride.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM

Car: 1985 Firebird
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: T5

1) Smoking only with all windows completely down and cig held out window
2) No touching my music, changing volume is usually O.K though
3) No bitching about my music, or my driving.
4) No complaining about my car, whether its the interior shape, engine ect.
5) No fat chicks.
6) Im fine with drinks and food, but you better not leave a mess or garbage.
7) No pets with some very few exceptions.
8) No writing on my car, especially the paint. It just got new paint and if you scratch it your paying a professional to fix it, no matter how small or easy it is to fix it.
9) If Im making a specific stop for you, I'm getting paid back somehow.
10) No hitting your feet on my rocker panels to knock the dirt off.
11) I can usually understand, but no coming into my car with filthy shoes. I do have rubber mats in for winter though.
12) Only my older sister or dad can borrow or drive my car. I might let a few select friends who already own a 5 speed drive with me watching.
13) No slamming doors.
15) Ill be a designated driver for a party, but don't be puking. I keep a empty icecream pail in the car, but if you make a mess your paying to get it steam-cleaned. And everybody in the car owes me alcohol or gas.
16) Dont complain or touch my seat, Im tall so suck it up if your riding in the back
17) Leave it the same condition it was when you got in
18) Have clothes on, exception for hot girls of course.
19) You purposely screw with my car, and Ill do something much, much worse to you.
20) No blabbering on your phone.
21) Dont point out cops unless Im doing anything illegal. (but then 90% of time I am)
22) Tell me how to drive and because Im nice ill let you borrow my cell phone to call a cab.

I think thats it, Im pretty relaxed about my car... I baby it for the most part, but it is made to be used and driven.

Last edited by dirtrides2009; 10-05-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:10 PM

I probably have enough collector car rules to drive people crazy, or make them wonder if I am. But if I had to go with one ...

Only the person whose name is on the Title will drive any of these cars. Check that out - There's my name. I don't see yours ;-)

Mike
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Car: '91 Firebird
Engine: LO3 305 TBI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 2.73 gears

1. No food unless we are parked. Drinks are OK w/ a lid or cap.

2. I choose the music in my car. Feel free to make suggestions but you will probably be ignored. Don't take it personally.

3. Don't tell me how to drive my Trans Am. If you do I'm likely to take you to a parking lot or curvy road and scare the ever loving **** out of you. Think I'm kidding? Try me...

4. NO smoking. None. Period. Having been a car detailer in a past life I can tell you that the smell of a smokers car never really goes away.

5. Don't act like an idiot. Yes, I understand, this car attracts attention. People will honk and yell things at you. Just nod or wave or give the peace sign. I like to exude a relaxed air of awesomeness in my car. You should too.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 iroc-z camaro
Engine: 305TPI
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23 posi

Originally Posted by Slacker85TA
1. No food unless we are parked. Drinks are OK w/ a lid or cap.

2. I choose the music in my car. Feel free to make suggestions but you will probably be ignored. Don't take it personally.

3. Don't tell me how to drive my Trans Am. If you do I'm likely to take you to a parking lot or curvy road and scare the ever loving **** out of you. Think I'm kidding? Try me...

4. NO smoking. None. Period. Having been a car detailer in a past life I can tell you that the smell of a smokers car never really goes away.

5. Don't act like an idiot. Yes, I understand, this car attracts attention. People will honk and yell things at you. Just nod or wave or give the peace sign. I like to exude a relaxed air of awesomeness in my car. You should too.
dude, i live pretty close to you... so if i tell you how to drive will you take me for an spin in her? haha.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
J91
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Z28,64ImpalaSS4094spd,67 Galaxy
Engine: Dart 415Profiler hd,cmprlrs,Hlly750
Transmission: Built 700R4, 3200 stall
Axle/Gears: 3:89 Moser 9"

Get in.
Strap in.
Shut up.
Hang on!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Car: '91 Firebird
Engine: LO3 305 TBI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 2.73 gears

Originally Posted by iroc stangs
dude, i live pretty close to you... so if i tell you how to drive will you take me for an spin in her? haha.
Haha! No need. Just ask. My mom and sister live in Tigard.

That rule is mostly for non car people such as parental units or any of my sis or girlfriend's friends. For some reason the people who drive the worst think they need to tell you how to operate your own car.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM

[quote=Slacker85TA;4662066]For some reason the people who drive the worst think they need to tell you how to operate your own car.[/quote

This is sooo true.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 AM

you wanna ride? buy a tank of gas
Old 12-29-2010, 01:05 AM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8L V6

Originally Posted by grassyflats
you wanna ride? buy a tank of gas

Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 AM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1 L V6
Transmission: Auto w/ Over Drive

"Get in, buckle up, shut up, and hold on."
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

"...don't look at the rust."
Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 AM

Car: 1989 Trans am

I hate taking my trans am where ever my friends are, they do not respect my vehicles so I hardly ever take my trans am. Once one of them thought it was funny to slide across the hood and scratched it, luckily that was on my honda.

Only 1 person can be in my car, people think they can just sit in the back cus it has seats

It pisses me off when people lean on my car, once again friends think cars are meant to be leaned on
Old 02-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Car: 1989 5.7 IROC Dark Red/Blk 92Z28
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700R

Originally Posted by ..Just A Kid
I was riding with a female friend of mine and she stopped and we got some drive-thru at Burger King. The food came and we hit the road and she starts eating and she goes.."your foods gonna get cold.." I politely declined to eat in her car even though she was. Long story short it got me to thinking..

Am I the only person who imposes rules on my passengers? All my friends know that:

1) No smoking/food/drink.
2) Only the driver changes the radio station in my car.
3) Only I drive my car.
NO FAT CHICKS - ( it stretches my leather )

Stone
Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM

Car: 85 TA (sold), 88 Corvette, 02 Monte

I keep having to yell at my brother to keep his arm in the window during the summer. Leaves nasty sweaty arm prints on the outside of the door, and a buildup of dead skin gunk on the windowsill after a few days.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Car: 1989 Trans am GTA
Engine: 305 TPI

after last night, i added a new rule... "this vehicle is not a taxi under any circumstances. failure to comply results in being left stranded without any ride whatsoever"

haha
Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 PM

I pretty much agree with all these answers. Not many people ride in my car, but those who do know the rules. The only rule I didn't see is don't put your arm on the arm rest. I know that's why it's there, but I already had to replace it once. just pretend it's your car and then take much better care of it. And if you even ask about smoking anywhere near my car... I will banish you from ever riding in it again.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Camaro RS--
Engine: MPFI

That was so awesome of a list! Damn I know why we are all freaks..OCD
ME TOO!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Camaro RS--
Engine: MPFI

Are there any third generation owners from AZ out there?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Car: iroc z

the main rule is.................................................................NO FARTING IN MY DAMN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 camaro Sports Coupe
Engine: L31 350
Transmission: 89 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 gov lock

Originally Posted by Sparkytfl
I keep having to yell at my brother to keep his arm in the window during the summer. Leaves nasty sweaty arm prints on the outside of the door, and a buildup of dead skin gunk on the windowsill after a few days.
im sorry but really?

Quick Reply: Everybody has rules for their car..what are yours?