Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

What's everyone's favorite replacement carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1992 RS
Transmission: Automatic
Re: What's everyone's favorite replacement carpet?

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Does anybody make carpet besides ACC?

I bought a different brand carpet back in 2011 and it was fantastic. Back then people tended to avoid ACC because the colors would fade & change quickly (like black turning green LOL!). Soon after that ACC bought the other company and that was the end of that.

I got the best, most expensive plush carpet offered. It's soft, deep, and harder to clean if it gets dirty. Trim and console kind of sink in so it makes fit and finish look good (less gaps). My late model truck has a sorry excuse for a carpet but it's easy to clean because there's really hardly anything there to be cleaned. I can see the benefits of each style.
If you can't beat em.... buy them out and liquidate....
Old 02-26-2020, 01:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 241 Likes on 181 Posts
Car: 1987 Formula (original owner)
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt/3.45

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Does anybody make carpet besides ACC?

I bought a different brand carpet back in 2011 and it was fantastic. Back then people tended to avoid ACC because the colors would fade & change quickly (like black turning green LOL!). Soon after that ACC bought the other company and that was the end of that.

I got the best, most expensive plush carpet offered. It's soft, deep, and harder to clean if it gets dirty. Trim and console kind of sink in so it makes fit and finish look good (less gaps). My late model truck has a sorry excuse for a carpet but it's easy to clean because there's really hardly anything there to be cleaned. I can see the benefits of each style.
That other company was ACS, or something like that. It was very nice carpet. Jim85IROC sold it back in the 2000s. He sold both, ACC and ACS. I believe he told me sometime later that ACS was purchased by ACC. If so, then the Ultra Plush carpet that ACC currently offers is probably the carpet that was originally offered by ACS.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:19 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

Ya, that's right! I bought my carpet from Jim, too.
Boy, you've got a good memory.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:08 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 228 Likes on 130 Posts
Car: 84 Z28, 92 C4 suspension F&R, ABS
Engine: 408 LS2, CNC LS3 heads, Comp Cam
Transmission: Magnum F, RTX clutch, Tick shifter
Axle/Gears: DANA 44, Tru Trac, 3:73 gears

Sorry for the resurrection, I'm looking for carpet for my 84 and came across a "Stock Interiors" and am curious if anyone knows anything about them? Funny, their carpets look very similar to ACC, but they indicate that they make them to order. Also, does anyone know if there is a replacement section of carpet for the rear cargo door? No one shows that piece on their websites. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 241 Likes on 181 Posts
Car: 1987 Formula (original owner)
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt/3.45

Originally Posted by soloc4
Sorry for the resurrection, I'm looking for carpet for my 84 and came across a "Stock Interiors" and am curious if anyone knows anything about them? Funny, their carpets look very similar to ACC, but they indicate that they make them to order. Also, does anyone know if there is a replacement section of carpet for the rear cargo door? No one shows that piece on their websites. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
A little late to reply, but I just noticed this. The carpet is ACC, and it is made to order. You choose the carpet material, its color and the optional Mass Backing, if that's your preference, so it has to be made to order. I've had good communication with Stock Interiors for a few weeks now. But remember, Stock Interiors is just the vendor. ACC makes and ships the product. For the rear cargo door, you'd have to order a yard of carpet with your order, trim and glue it on yourself.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:26 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 228 Likes on 130 Posts
Car: 84 Z28, 92 C4 suspension F&R, ABS
Engine: 408 LS2, CNC LS3 heads, Comp Cam
Transmission: Magnum F, RTX clutch, Tick shifter
Axle/Gears: DANA 44, Tru Trac, 3:73 gears

Originally Posted by LAFireboyd
A little late to reply, but I just noticed this. The carpet is ACC, and it is made to order. You choose the carpet material, its color and the optional Mass Backing, if that's your preference, so it has to be made to order. I've had good communication with Stock Interiors for a few weeks now. But remember, Stock Interiors is just the vendor. ACC makes and ships the product. For the rear cargo door, you'd have to order a yard of carpet with your order, trim and glue it on yourself.
Thank you for clarifying my question. It seems that ACC is pretty much the only one making the carpets.