LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

95 LT1 swap into 91 Camaro RS 305 and want to keep cruise

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS Convertible
Engine: 385ci LT1 cnc ported heads big cam
Transmission: 4L60E automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Zexel posi 7.5" rear
95 LT1 swap into 91 Camaro RS 305 and want to keep cruise

Just like the title suggests, I have a 91 Camaro convertible RS that was originally a L03 TBI 305 car and I have built a very strong 383 LT1 and I am pretty close to be being done finally and I have a question on the VSS setup. I know that I could just run my VSS output from the LT1 PCM to the brown wire for the speedo and not use the VSS buffer under the passenger side dash and once I calibrate the PCM for gear ratio and tire size the speedo should be accurate but this route will eliminate the signal for my cruise and since this is a coivertible I like to do a lot of cruising and I want my cruise to work.

Can I hook my LT1 PCM VSS output to the yellow VSS input of the speed sensor buffer and have both the cruise and the speedo work like they or suppose to or is that VSS buffer going to screw up my PCM VSS calibration?

I also have another problem, When I removed the TBI wiring harness this C207 connector that under the passenger side dash near the Buffer and ECM and was part of the wiring that went through the passenger side fender.

Does anyone have the wiring schematic for that plug. I have a GM 91 Camaro service manual but so far I have only found a page 8A-202-3 that gives me wiring colors for that plug but not what those wires are for and I am sure the park neutral switch as well as the brake switch that the original PCM used would be in that plug and I am not sure if there are any HVAC wires in that plug that I need to reconnect to get all my heating and air conditioning to work properly although I haven't found a way to connect the LT1 AC compressor to the rest of the system yet but that part I will figure out.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
Brian

Last edited by brharris27370; 08-16-2008 at 01:00 PM.