89 'Z upgrades and GEN V LT4 swap - Page 2 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

89 'Z upgrades and GEN V LT4 swap

Old 09-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #51
Supreme Member

Re: 89 'Z upgrades and GEN V LT4 swap

For what it is worth, you'll get a lot more traffic and relevant input from other people if this thread is moved to the LTx/LSx engine swap forum.
QwkTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:08 PM   #52

Alright, I will move it there once the motor work starts happening. It was first suggested to me that I post it on this board.

Last edited by Robbie_S; 09-08-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Robbie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #53

Good choice on keeping the inners No idea why some people are telling you not to. Modifying the crossmember or building one isn't that big of a deal to gain the added benefits of the inners. Unlike perimeter connectors the inners actually tie the two subframes together.... follow their path under the car and you will see what im talking about. Perimeter subframe connectors tie to the rear control arm boxes. My suggestion would be to do both inners & outers and if you have someone who can fabricate some tubes tie the two together.

Last edited by prossi; 09-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
prossi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #54

Quick update: The car has been in the body shop for the last 2-3 weeks making slow progress. Stopped in today to see where it is at. All the cancer has been removed along with all the weather stripping on the car. The rear bumper was repainted along with the door trim and side rockers. The car is getting a full detail tomorrow and will be picked up on Friday. The shop is also fixing the door gap on the front of the passenger door. When they lifted the car, the damaged the side rocker up front and moved the gap on the door. They fixed that without even a little fight, which I was ready to go to blows about. Great customer service.

Don't mind the exhaust tips. The exhaust was removed and moved around a lot during the suspension upgrades. It will be replaced soon enough, so it isn't a priority to get it all evenly set.

There was a lot of rusting going on behind the t-top seals. They cut and patched all along here. I forgot to take pictures of what it looked like. Sorry.

Just a wheel shot because.

So anyway, thats where we are at for now. Saving pennies for the engine swap, as I feel like that is going to be over any estimate that can be planned out....
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #55
Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_S View Post
I feel like that is going to be over any estimate that can be planned out....
You betcha!
An then in Cali, you can tax that!

Since you can't use headers, can you port the manifolds???? Who would know?
TEDSgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDSgrad View Post
You betcha!
An then in Cali, you can tax that!

Since you can't use headers, can you port the manifolds???? Who would know?
I am sure it isn't going to be cheap, but well worth it.

As for the headers, I have no idea about that.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #57

Car is back home for now. I got to drive it today, and it was fantastic. Need to update the steering box, but thats the only thing I don't like about what has been done. The body work that was done on the other hand... The shop will be getting a call tomorrow. There are some issues that are bothersome, especially considering the amount billed. Anyways, I stopped along the coast for some some glamor shots, and I took a few underbody as well. None of these are edited yet. But they're fine for sharing on here with you all.

Underbody:

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > >