Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

Thirdgen Expo 2015. Come check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: 3.54 Dana 44 IRS
Thirdgen Expo 2015. Come check it out!

Got a new event this year guys that we're really excited about. Come join us!

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/thir...015-event.html
Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 5.7 lt
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt
Re: Thirdgen Expo 2015. Come check it out!

With All do respect
First off why are you having a thirdgen gathering at an import shop. Second no booze on premises where's the fun in that. Third in direct compition with thirdgen fest sounds shady to me.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Supreme Member

With all due respect, did you get an F in spelling class?

Obviously you haven't even been to Underground Autosports' homepage. They are far from an import shop. Did you not see the Comet project car at the bottom? Or the Vipers in the rotating images at the top? Not to mention all the domestic iron in the gallery section.

About the booze. As has already been stated, we don't have a problem with booze, but prossi's insurance company is NOT ok with it. That's the rules man, if you can't handle an afternoon without a beer maybe you have some personal issues to take care of.

This event is not in direct competition with TFG. I believe there will be no TGF this year, and if it does happen, it will be poorly attended. Have you not seen all the talk of Denny and Thirdgen Ranch ripping off customers for nearly the last year? I can't in good conscience give him $40 to park in his yard if he can't even be bothered to address the complaints on here. We believe the community here deserves better and we're doing our best to make "better" happen. If you think that's shady then I don't know what else to say.

Chazman, prossi and myself are pouring a tremendous amount of our own time and effort into this. This is non-profit for Chazman and myself, and the only way prossi is going to profit from this is if someone pays to get on the chassis dyno during the show, which they could do the other 364 days of the year show or not. We're working hard to put on a high class show that every thirdgenner can enjoy. Did you not see the sponsors we already have? This is going to be a cool event. You should come check it out instead of throwing cold water on it because of the no alcohol policy and the fact that you didn't spend any time on the venue's website...

Just in case you still think the show venue is an import shop. Here is prossi's GTA....
Name:  expo%20flyer_zpsy97vwwf5.png
Views: 33
Size:  44.6 KB
Old 02-27-2015, 06:49 PM

Damn someone gets offended easily dude you need to chill out Wasnt trying to attack you or anything hence my opening statement and excuse me for autocorrect changing my word **** son.

I am sure you put a lot of work into this and good for you should be a good event. Being that it's the same day and relative sametime as Tgf that makes it in direct compition with the other event. If it was on the Sunday then it would not be and that would make it a big thirdgen weekend.
If there is no Tgf this year then your the only show in town and everyone will have a good time but at this point it hasn't been said if it is or is not being held this year.
As for things that happen with Denny that's between him and the seller and none of your damn business.
Look not trying to start **** just had some honest questions and you came at me bro chill out to you and everyone else out there this is for fun stop being dicks at everyone and let's enjoy our thirdgens w/o all the BS!!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Supreme Member

Your post comes across as poorly written, disrespectful, confrontational and ignorant of the facts. This is an event I'm working hard for. How did you think I'd react to you calling it shady? Words have meanings man. A little bit of mutual respect goes a long way.

As far as Denny screwing his customers not being my business, that would be true if the Aftermarket Vendor Review forum wasn't rife with complaints about him for everyone to see. That would be true if Thirdgen Ranch's facebook hadn't been completely blanked out after anyone with a complaint had their comments deleted. Denny has some major problems that EVERYONE can see. I'm not cutting him down personally. Acknowledging that he has a mess to clean up, and pointing out the fact he has yet to do anything about it is not a personal attack. That's how vendor reviews work. You decide to work with a vendor based on what others have said. I'm not doing anything different than reading what others have said. It seems like you are defending him and I'm not sure why.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 PM

i have known And have been buying from Denny for almost 10 years now and have been at just about every Tgf since 05 so when a group starts a show on same day as his in a direct compition (even though I know not your intention) yea I'm going to say something. He puts on a good show and everyone always has a good time. Agreed he has gotten him self into a situation here that he has to work to correct but in my time in knowing him he's always been straight up kind of guy. That being said could things have changed for the worst with him sure I hope not but there is always that chance. I Mean hell you've avoided me in the past as well but I don't hold it against you. But then again I didnt give you money just beer.
As for the show if Tgf doesn't happen this year then great glad to have a show to attend this year but would have liked to see a little more courtesy for the other show that happens on the same day evey year.
Sorry if I offended not my Intent
Old 02-28-2015, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Axle/Gears: 3.08 lt. slip

I will be going to the Expo as it is closer to my house. I don't wish to be around another event with my wife and daughter when several dozen people that have been ripped off show up looking for answers. As far as alcohol, maybe not the best idea to promote or ignore people that get all beered up and drive off into the sunset in their fast (or not fast) cars from an event at your shop or house.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Originally Posted by xxx3man`
i have known And have been buying from Denny for almost 10 years now and have been at just about every Tgf since 05 so when a group starts a show on same day as his in a direct compition (even though I know not your intention) yea I'm going to say something. He puts on a good show and everyone always has a good time. Agreed he has gotten him self into a situation here that he has to work to correct but in my time in knowing him he's always been straight up kind of guy. That being said could things have changed for the worst with him sure I hope not but there is always that chance. I Mean hell you've avoided me in the past as well but I don't hold it against you. But then again I didnt give you money just beer.
As for the show if Tgf doesn't happen this year then great glad to have a show to attend this year but would have liked to see a little more courtesy for the other show that happens on the same day evey year.
Sorry if I offended not my Intent
I don't know why you'd say 1MeanZ has been avoiding you? I was standing right there when you pulled into TGF one year with a new tune which wasn't working very well. Your car was barely running and 1MeanZ got his laptop and burned a new chip for you ON THE SPOT which had you running way better. Anyway, with all that has happened, I'd be shocked if there is a TGF.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11

Well 1meanz has been less than nice to me in the past, Pm'ing several members about me. Hopefully he's grown up a bit since then. I just brushed it off but i can see where xxx3man could feel that way.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Supreme Member

Feel what way Steve? How should xxx3man' feel? Care to enlighten us how I've wronged him?

Steve, you and I used to get along fine, I called some BS on something you did and you got mad. I dropped the issue and apologized. That was 2 years ago. I'm not perfect, I tried to patch things up with you and I admitted I was wrong. But you coming in here to insult me is just not called for. Ever since we've announced the Thirdgen Expo, you've been posting rude and snarky comments. If you're pouty because Denny has flushed his reputation and TGF if going to die because of it, I'm sorry. But attempting to attack me isn't going to fix anything.

xxx3man' I went out of my way on multiple occasions to help you. Last dealings with you I recall is that you sent me some datalogs that I could not read, and I told you I couldn't read them. That's the last I remember, and that was 3 years ago. I don't know that I've ever ignored you. If I did, sorry.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Supreme Member

Guys, it's now safe to say that TGF is pretty much done. Time to move on. You are all welcomed to Third Gen Expo, if you choose to come.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Supreme Member

Bump for more event updates! Just added Top Down Solutions to the list of supporting vendors. As UMI has done, Lon is donating some great stuff to give away to show participants. TDS joins Heidts, UMI and Ledfoot Magazine as event sponsors this year. Should be a fantastic time, hope everyone can make it out!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Supreme Member

Got Hawk's Thirdgen Parts locked in as an event supporter this week. They are donating stuff to give away at the Expo, and if we have enough people signed up by the beginning of April, Bruce Hawkins will come in person and bring some cars and parts. Sign up and spread the word!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

I would sign up. But with work putting all of May up in the air I have no idea what's going on.

tge afr 195s will be on the car and ready for a dyno.

Last edited by Thirdgen89GTA; 03-07-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Supreme Member

I hear ya Bill. That sucks, hope you can get some answers so you know how to plan your month.

There are lots of folks in a similar boat and cant pre-register. I'm trying to get an idea on how many people will come so I can convince Bruce Hawkins to come in person. I think people would really get a kick out of that. We'll have a blast no matter how many show up, but the more the merrier!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Supreme Member

We'll save a spot for you, Bill!
Old 03-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 1MeanZ
I hear ya Bill. That sucks, hope you can get some answers so you know how to plan your month.

There are lots of folks in a similar boat and cant pre-register. I'm trying to get an idea on how many people will come so I can convince Bruce Hawkins to come in person. I think people would really get a kick out of that. We'll have a blast no matter how many show up, but the more the merrier!
Ask him to bring the Storm Trooper.

I will show up if I am able, I just can't put anything down on paper.

I just want to be my car. 4 Freaking years in the process. Now i"m living up to my custom plate "CPN AHAB". I know i'm going to work my butt to have the car at Road America May 2nd and 3rd. So I can really punish it. Need to get all of the tuning done in April.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Car: 1997 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I am afraid to ask where the 4th gen parking is....lol.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 9D1BURD

Actually, I've had some non-3rd genners say they want to come. We're trying to figure out if we can designate an area for cool cars other than 3rd gens to park.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Yeah, Its been a few years since I had my 91, my 97 is sort of cool though. Let me know.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Supreme Member

9D1BURD, to build on what Charlie mentioned. You are ABSOLUTELY welcome. As is ANYONE that wants to come. We WANT other car guys there, and I'd like them to bring their cars if they have them. I'd much rather guys roll up in a Chevelle or a Viper than a minivan. (reminds me of the time I was at a biker event with my dad and I saw 4 guys wearing chaps, vests, bandana's the whole bit, getting out of an Astro van)

We are working with Perry on where we can park other cars, that while still awesome and welcome, are not part of the focus of the show.

P.S. I'll add this and let Perry jump in and clarify. If someone has a non-thirdgen that they want to get on the chassis dyno, thats cool too. In other words, the chassis dyno won't be thirdgen only during the show as far as I know...
Old 03-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

No worries, the years I took the 4th gen to the fest, I parked it in the field around back...like a red headed step child. My thirdgen roots are deep though.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Supreme Member

lol we don't want anyone that brings a non-thirdgen like a red headed step child......Unless you're driving a Mustang.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 9D1BURD
Well, if you are afraid to ask about the 4th gen parking, I shoudln't ask about the Focus parking.

That said, with the engine finally running correctly its time to take it for an exhaust so I can actually bring the car home.

The CPN AHAB plates have been proudly mounted.