NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

possible hooters gathering again?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS
Engine: LS2
Transmission: 4L65E
Originally Posted by paulbuiltbird
It looks like tomorrows weather is dry and 70's. That means I'll be driving the bird for sure. Now when you say your car is save at home does that mean it's not a good idea to park something nice in the Hooters parking lot?

I was going to ask the same question.. The obvious to me would be the usual idiot that swings doors open without regard for your car. ( thats why I have the swell door moldings ) This can happen in any parking lot though.

But what kind of nieborhood are we talking about? Do I have to worry about a smash and grab job?

Matt
Old 09-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11
Originally Posted by paulbuiltbird
It looks like tomorrows weather is dry and 70's. That means I'll be driving the bird for sure. Now when you say your car is save at home does that mean it's not a good idea to park something nice in the Hooters parking lot?
i meant it as a joke saying that it'll be safe and tucked away in the garage. jer and everyone else on the boards always pick on me for not driving my camaro and trailering most places.

There are weekly shows at this hooters on sundays that ended a few weeks ago with extremely high dollar vehicles and they are never touched. Last time we had 5 thirdgens show up and people parked next to each other on the back side of the lot to avoid the typical door dings that "might" happen. Orland Park is a upper end neighborhood so I really wouldn't treat it like driving through the ghetto or anything. If grundy actually came through with insurance for me I would have driven it this time, but they are still playing around with my collector car insurance policy.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73?
Originally Posted by xpndbl3
Last time we had 5 thirdgens show up and people parked next to each other on the back side of the lot to avoid the typical door dings that "might" happen. Orland Park is a upper end neighborhood so I really wouldn't treat it like driving through the ghetto or anything.
Mine was one of them heh. I think it was mine, Jay, and like one more dude. If you do bring your car like what Steve said, nothing should happen to it. Then again my car is my daily driver and not all in perfect condition. Someone get some pics or something since I will not be able to attend this time. I most likely won't be coming back up until Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has been enjoying the time going out and driving if there car is not sitting the garage. heh.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Damnit you guys better bring your cars! I'm gona be washing the **** out of the Formula tomorrow before I get there. Steve, just drive it, I'm pretty sure that nothing will happen to it although the OPP might have different ideas if you are running the same exhaust you had a Thirdgenfest BTW for people who have never been to Orland, its a very safe upper middle class white collar area, 95% of the cops there just go after Jay-walkers and ricers
Old 09-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11
not only is it the same exhaust, it's also louder now since i added more timing and put on a better carb. Got some turbo mufflers from summit that i haven't put on the car yet, have to wait on some time for that. Not to mention state farm dropped me from their insurance due to me wanting an agreed value policy for "too much money" to be approved and the cage they didn't like either, I'm sure the 5point harnesses and cowl hood didn't help my case about my "street" car. Switching over to grundy insurance next week so I'll be legal again. Hope to see that sweet formula though, i love the 91-92 front ends on it.