Pacific Region Regional board for Pacific Third Gen owners.

DS session

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 TTA
Engine: LC2
Transmission: Worn-out 200R4
Axle/Gears: BW 9-bolt, 3.27's
DS session

Had a blast. Thanks, Shawn! Tire shredding is way fun.
Attached Thumbnails DS session-front-spectators-1.jpg  
Old 12-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Supreme Member

Another, this is Scott's car. Oops, screwed that up...

Last edited by pvt num 11; 12-04-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Supreme Member

DOH! Okay, here we go.
Attached Thumbnails DS session-scotts-firebird-1.jpg  
Old 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Supreme Member

Here's the nice engine bay for Ed's Camaro.
Attached Thumbnails DS session-eds-l98-1.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 IROC 92 Z-28 91 Ragtop
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700-r4
3rd Gens at the Drift Session, a memorable first gathering for the Pacific crew! Like the go-fast big guy says, "No Walls -- No *****"
Attached Thumbnails DS session-drift-01.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 04:08 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

I think it's safe to say the pucker-factor is pretty high when your Camaro is rushing toward a wall sidways at 75 or so...
Attached Thumbnails DS session-drift-02.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 04:17 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Everyone loves Shawns' green Camaro. Just a little teensy-weensy coolent leak had a crowd gather, even the girls ran over to help, sigh. I could light my car on fire and dance naked around it and nobody would come over to ask if I needed help.
Attached Thumbnails DS session-drift-03.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 05:11 AM

Car: 1999 30th Anniversary Pontiac T/A
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Well guys looks like you all had a fine day out at HRP!

I on the other hand had a real real ****ty day......... real ****ty...

The Z is pretty messed up now, got into a collision making a turn going down university....

between ****ty warrior tires, and wet roads, I spun out into another car... drivers side front panel is shot, crumpled at the fulcrum of the oil can dent that was ther previously, the hood is dented slightly, and the front clip is torn up pretty bad, so is the gfx... no frame damage whatsoever though.

So guys, my insurance wont give me a dime, since its the base minimum one, and the person i hit didnt have a currently registered car, and had expired insurance. She requested a police report though.

Oh well, pretty depressed right now.

ill get some real pics up soon.
Attached Thumbnails DS session-fuxored.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 06:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 383 in building process
Transmission: 700r4
Yeah it was a fun day at Drift Session. Wish me & my wife's Camaro could've been there. Oh well, next time when I get that darn fuel pump changed out!

Ed, love the pics & all the captions

Shawn, Awesome runs man. I fiiiiiiiinally got some thirdgen footage so now I'm gonna go crazy with some new videos within the next few weeks!

Scott, I'll give you a call Monday morning & we'll work out where to meet.

Ian, glad you made it down & I hope your ride with Shawn was an exciting one. I know I had fun when riding with him!

Keola, that's too bad man. I feel for you. Hopefully everything works out ok. Are you gonna get the car fixed or get rid of it now? All things happen for a reason & to keep a positive attitude, just think that something better will come out of this in the future.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:49 AM

Im definately going to fix it... but its going to take some time, and a lot of work... gonna have to pull the front clip, hood, and drivers side fender off and get replacements... wheres the best place to get this stuff..?

Im gonna have to pick up an IROC hood, swap the blisters over, strip fender off another car, take mine off, swap em, get another front clip, stick it back on, and repair or find a new set of a 91-92 front gfx...

How much do you suppose this would all cost to do? oh and two new headlights, driers side, a grille, and maybe fog lights that work for once.

Is it possible to do this all myself? I do have access to lift and virtually any tool.

All I know is that this was a learning experience for me, and that I really really should have gotten tires that my car was rated for and not used those ****t 225 warrior tires. Also, I should carry sand bags in the back, and had a full-er gas tank, ( i was on the way to get gas) and learn more about car control.

So, anybody got any suggestions? lol i love my thirdgen to much to let her go.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Supreme Member

The military junk yards are your cheapest source for replacement parts & panels. You can talk to Ed more about that later. As far as taking all these panels off, it's really not that bad of a job. You don't neccesarily need a lift to get these parts off. Plus you've got all of us for help for any info on stuff Good luck & keep us posted on all the progress. Laterz.

Anthony
Old 12-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 91RSHawaii
Im gonna have to pick up an IROC hood, swap the blisters over, strip fender off another car, take mine off, swap em, get another front clip, stick it back on, and repair or find a new set of a 91-92 front gfx...
There's at least one or two 91-92 Camaros in the Army salvage yard with the parts you need. Changing them is actually pretty easy, mostly just bolt-on.

BTW, it would have been better if you had started a new topic like "my Z28 is messed up" instead of hijacking the DS thread.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Duck
BTW, it would have been better if you had started a new topic like "my Z28 is messed up" instead of hijacking the DS thread.
I agree. Just start a new thread to help with your rebuild & we'll post like crazy.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:30 PM

Just a reminder, watch the amount of pics uploaded. If they are on another server it's fine.

Ian, thanks for showin' my crummy lookin' firebird. By the way, my hood <i>is</i> open in that pic, she ain't <i>that</i> bad, hehe.

Ed, good pics. I bet Shawn would rather see other pics of him out there, rather than eating dirt and pitting for repairs, hehe. Thanks for lettin' me park at your place for the game last night.

Anthony, that sounds like a plan. I'll drop my maxima off at class in the morning and take my firebird when I meet you.

That was technically our second meet. Not bad, we bested our first cruise by one member, but we had less third gens.

Keola, that sucks! Go make another thread and we'll all help you out. I told ya' about those tires man. Also, DON'T add more weight to your car. Get better tires and always put the best tires in the rear. Adding weight is only good if you keep the speeds low. (Below highway speeds.) The extra yaw forces might help you spin out since you live on a hill.

Scott
Old 12-06-2004, 12:22 AM

Alright guys, i'm sorry about hijacking the Drift session thread..

But on a more drift session based theme, how did everything go, are you guys tempted to try it hehe?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 3rdGenBlackBird
Just a reminder, watch the amount of pics uploaded. If they are on another server it's fine. Scott
Well, the TGO site policy written several years ago when hard drives were much more expensive says:

"Attaching images is acceptable and encouraged, but if you are going to use the image more than once or twice, please do the ThirdGen.Org server a favor and host it somewhere else."

So, according to the rules the three [3] images I uploaded to this thread have been posted only once and are more than just OK -- they are " acceptable and encouraged."

However, there are problems with images repeatedly uploaded in user signatures, or the hundreds of snapshots posted in response to useless threads imploring people to "send in pictures of their cars parked in garages, etc..."

If TGO really wanted to save HD space, the SysAdmin should enable MODs to delete obsolete threads -- we already have a bunch of clutter here in the Pacific Forum.

Last edited by Duck; 12-06-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by 91RSHawaii
Alright guys, i'm sorry about hijacking the Drift session thread..

But on a more drift session based theme, how did everything go, are you guys tempted to try it hehe?
No problem. But, I am EXTREMELY tempted to try it.... It's gonna be hard to control myself. Especially on the wet roads.

Ed, I know y'all kept it to the max. No worries, and I always appreciate how you put several pics together. Just sayin' that because I know you probably have a ton more you'd like to share.

Shawn, thanks for the last minute (literally) ride. Too bad no one got any pics of that! Or did you girlfriend videotape that?

Scott
Old 12-06-2004, 12:52 AM

Hehe, I'd sure like to see some more videos!!! I can't stop thinking about the last time I got to see both Chris and Shawn go for it.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
Yeah I had a great time. Thanks for coming out guys. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. It is definately a whacky sport compared to other motorsports, but like Ed said, it sure is exciting and fun to watch (and participate). My only regret is that I didnt give everyone a ride. Hopefully next time I'll have more tires (tires with no nails haha) and everyone can get a few laps. The next event is Jan 15 so I got a few weeks to get some tires together. Also, I gotta stop spinning out on the off-camber turn. I swear, its the off-camber and the sweeper that own me. Cant ever seem to hit those right.

If you guys want me to host any pics/video just let me know. And this goes for anything, not just drifting stuff.

I'm still laughing about the armpit adhesive (LOL). That pic and the caption is halarious. Just look at Anthony's expression as I remove the adhesive! ROFL!! Nothing is worse than itchy armpits and a bad gasket.

Thanks for the pics and the laughs Ed!
Old 12-07-2004, 02:04 AM

Everyone was gawking at my rear end today in class. (Damn that sounds weird considerin' there's only one chick....) Seriously though, I doubt half of them know what it is.

My teacher was askin' if it's posi, then immediately mentioned "Good fo' drifting, ah?" After realizing it was a simple bolt-on for posi and discs, he seemed much more enthusiastic about my project.

So did everyone else.

These guys are pushing me over the edge... gotta keep self-control.

<b>SERENITY NOW!!</b> (<i>For now....</i>)

Scott
Old 12-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Supreme Member

Just imagine if I left it all greasy & oily for you instead lol! Then everyone would say that your rear is all dirty
Old 12-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro
Engine: Built L98
Transmission: T-56 6 speed
Damn I gotta come back to drifting...damn two jobs robbing my time away. Oh also the gf not wanting me to go haha
Old 12-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member

Hey Chris! Good to see you on the boards again! Yeah, I was kinda bummed because I wanted to get some tandem choku action from you & Shawn on tape! Let us know when you will come out again so I can get some footage on my camera. I wish I had it when I did ride with you when you were testing out your new setup! Laterz man

Anthony